Which Year Deserved A Movie?

2001 would be cool. That year had a story unto itself, ending at the end of the year, with no necessary prior knowledge or sequel setup, unlike the majority of the later years. 2002, Toa defeat the Bohrok and get dipped into the shiny liquid. THEN WHAT?? 2006, Toa defeat the Piraka and follow the shiny mask into the ocean. THEN WHAT?? 2007, Toa defeat the Barraki, reclaim the shiny mask, and take it to the center of the world, where one sacrifices himself to put it on in hopes of reviving the Great Spirit. THEN WHAT?? But the gem that was 2001 was just Toa do their thing, vanquish evil, and boom. Done. I think I've made my point.Also, I thought 2006 was supposed to get a movie anyway. I could have just been expectant of one due to there being a yearly movie between '03 and '05, but still. I heard that there was supposed to be. I was disappoint.

Comics coming eventually: The Bionicles Try to Run A House

Upcoming MOCs: Sir Lesovikk, New Tokotoru.

Current MOCs: ROTF Ravage.

Dead MOCs: The Tokotoru, this fire monster, this turtle.

This topic. Love it and cherish it. Do it for the lulz.

2006-2007: Focusing on the Toa, showing them from Matoran to Inika to Mahri, then to Matoro's sacrifice. It could also show Brutaka defeating the Nuva. I'd like to see that.2001-2003: From the Toa Mata arriving on Mata Nui to the defeat of the Bohrok-Kal & becoming Nuva.

You cannot move from the complex to the simple. 2004-05 was a complex worldbuilding story. 2001 was the simple tale of villagers on an island, which is a letdown after the complex adventure tale. I know that because I read 2004-05 story first, because it was the "prequel" to 2001-03, then reading the latter story and choking on it. The mystery wasn't there for me, and it was boring and dull. 2001 had to come first, and that means there could be no 2001 movie for the reasons I outlined.

I agree with you completely. I thought I was the only one.

Majhost sucks

Well if i had to choose which years were deserving of a movie i think that 2007 and 2008 were. My main reason for this is that first off look at the barraki and the makuta Phantoka/Mistika those 2 groups had more monstrous like forms and imagine if those had been in a movie using the same animation style they used in the first 3 movies since i feel that the last movie's animation style was to blan. i think the 2 groups mentioned would take on a even more menacing form than their sets since the Rahkshi in the first movie looked amazing and really had a evil feel about them.My second reason is for 2008 that was a major storyline year since the toa nuva fulfilled their destiny and plus it was then revealed that the matoran universe is in fact a giant robot.But yeah those are my reasons.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

You cannot move from the complex to the simple. 2004-05 was a complex worldbuilding story. 2001 was the simple tale of villagers on an island, which is a letdown after the complex adventure tale. I know that because I read 2004-05 story first, because it was the "prequel" to 2001-03, then reading the latter story and choking on it. The mystery wasn't there for me, and it was boring and dull. 2001 had to come first, and that means there could be no 2001 movie for the reasons I outlined.

I disagree. I only actually got into the storyline until 2004-ish. Later, playing the MNOLG and reading the early books, I loved it. Knowing that the matoran came from an industrial island and that there were more than six toa and everything, it was still magical, with an aura of mystery and suspense. That's not why there should be no 2001 movie.The story of 2001 has already been told very well and a MOL version of it would not be entertaining. The MNOLG was definitely the way to tell the story. I'm not surge what we'd gain out of a movie, A 2006 or 2010 movie would be better because it would tie together all the different forms the story came in and the style would fit the storyline well.

--------------   Tarrok | Korzaa | Verak | Kirik   --------------

I disagree. I only actually got into the storyline until 2004-ish. Later, playing the MNOLG and reading the early books, I loved it. Knowing that the matoran came from an industrial island and that there were more than six toa and everything, it was still magical, with an aura of mystery and suspense. That's not why there should be no 2001 movie.The story of 2001 has already been told very well and a MOL version of it would not be entertaining. The MNOLG was definitely the way to tell the story. I'm not surge what we'd gain out of a movie, A 2006 or 2010 movie would be better because it would tie together all the different forms the story came in and the style would fit the storyline well.
I think it would be more of an even split - I'm glad that you were able to enjoy it where I had trouble doing so, but is that really a representative of the mass majority of people? When you start a complex storyline, people tend to expect it to continue to be complex. 2001 needed to be simple - that simple, MNOLG story, not some complicated mess. And you're right - that's probably not good movie material. As a further example, remember 2009, when we left the big, complex universe to go to the simple land of Bara Magna? Remember the complaints that got? Accelerating that forward a few years would not help matters.

Although I agree that 2006 would have made an awesome movie, it did not deserve a movie.This is because if there had been a movie, the entire year's storyline would've been crafted around it, which would mean that things would have gone down very differently, and that it'd be a secluded story from the earlier half of the year. It wouldn't have been worth it.

AXKP5KC.png

All of them.I really, really wanted to see a movie with Malum in it, but that's mostly because he's my favourite character. Still, 'The Exile's Tale' would have been an awesome animated short.

Edited by ZippyWharrgarbl

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

Strakk's Best Friend, the story of a confusing yet somehow canon friendship.

Terrible Comics, a collection of comics that are terrible.

Looks like the year in the lead is 2006 (and 2007). I agree. Not only was there a good story, but there was good music, good characters, a good setting, and good visuals that would make for a great movie. And I feel like 2001 and 2002 would not make a good movie because they were the first years of Bionicle, and maintaining the mysterious air to those years would be good. But personally, I'm surprised how few people said 2008.

Definately 2006. The scene where the Piraka enslave the Matoran would have been perfect in a movie.Also, '06 has enough characters to be interesting, but not enough to be confusing, and everyone gets some development.

If the Kanohi masks are a type of technology and most of the MU citizens are Biomechanical beings then how would a Kanohi mask recognize the difference between a Matoran and a Toa?

Muffin button

2006 or 2008. I would prefer 2006, as I cannot stand how the nuvatika look and that 2006 was my favourite year. Plus the characters would be pretty similar to their set form (Soooooooooooo many people complained about the miramax animation. I for one loved it! TLR sucked soo bad) as the inika/piraka faces were pretty realistic.2006 fo sho

sam_7163_-_copy.jpg

The Misadventures of

Onipex and Pals! Go watch it now! :biggrin:

First of all, this has been polled with extreme prejudice. Not necessarily because a topic isn't necessary--but for scientific gathering of data.Now, I'd like to start out with a set of axioms and then work like some sort of really weird geometer. The film would have to:- have some ability to stand alone- fit BIONICLE thematically- feature events (and characters!) that linked it directly to the others (past and future)Thus, setting change years are obviously better, and 2006 is out for being too experimental.As such, I lean towards 2008. It features the first movie's main characters and would have made TLR make some more sense in certain ways.~ BioGio

"You're a scientist? The proposal you make violates parsimony; it introduces extra unknowns without proof for them. One might as well say unicorns power it."

I guess 2006, 2007, and 2008 would've made good movies. My opinion, though, is that each of these years could've been split into two movies instead of one. That way, there would have been more time for character growth. Not to mention that the story itself wouldn't feel rushed.) I know that this probably wouldn't have happened due to budgets, production times, etc., but I still think it could've worked.

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

2006, simply because the villains - the Piraka especially - all had great characters that were nicely fleshed out. I think if the Inika retained more of their traits from their Matoran selves, it'd make for a great movie... in the Miramax style, that is. Oh man, the Piraka in Miramax style could be incredibly awesome.

plop

• 2 weeks later...

Definitely 2006-07.It comes right afterwards, has the potential to be really, really dark, and there are some really awesome parts in there. Not least because the movie could end bittersweetly with Matoro's statue, or (I really want to see this) at least a tiny little bit from Into the Darkness. In 2006, there's also a lot of stuff that would make a great movie. My point is that those two years have enough material to really get indepth in the story, as well as having a bigger sense of uncertainty in the plot, like in the first three movies. In 2008 it was kind of a foregone conclusion that the Toa Nuva would win.

Do NOT bypass the filter. -B6

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Alright I'll say this, in 2006 I had a dream of a Bionicle movie with the piraka being made, which was gonna be PG-13, since the piraka looked scary but cool to me when I was like 9. Anywho, 2006 hands down deserved it the most. The piraka are cool, cruel, and could be comedic villains, plus be on could have been a lunati of a villain, not lunatic stupid but like the most epic master of lunacy! Smart but crazed, wise but psychotic, he knows so much, yet his methods are chaotic, plus the theme could have been a kickbutt movie itself!Well also 2010 deserved it as well! It was the finale we could have gotten an epic movie if done right! A thin for fans new and old watchig this episodic movie bringing together nearly a decade of a great story! The action drama and story would have made a great movie!

"Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become,"-C.S. Lewis