BZP Q&A Contest #1: Results!

Velox

BZPower Q&A Contest #1: Answer Questioned, Topic Closed

WINNERS!

Category #1: "I'm not sure what that has to do with it, but in MOST cases, the answer is maybe."

First Place: Entry 1: "So will the prize actually be a "good question"?"

Second Place: Entry 4: "Given that Bfahome's pet ferret is out of town this week, will the General Discussion forum be filled with boring topics that do not spur discussion?"

Third Place: Entry 5: "I've heard rumors that Hapori Tohu's head grants wishes if you spin the gears counter-clockwise, so I was just wondering if members could get proto points by bribing him with cake?"

Category #2: "There is a precedent, but we don't talk about that - so, yes, as long as it's not too large."

First Place: Entry 5: "Is there a limit to the size of an ego on BZP?"

Second Place Tie: Entry 1: "I noticed only half of Hapori Tohu's face was showing, so I was wondering if I could draw the other half and give him a sophisticated and glorious mustache?"

Second Place Tie: Entry 2: "Am I allowed to keep a pet ferret in one of my blog's content blocks? I promise to feed him."

Category #3: "He was joking. The rules clearly state that it is allowed in most cases; this one is uncertain."

First Place: Entry 2: "Black Six recently said it would be a bad idea for him to pour Cola over the main BZP server computer. I am shocked and can only assume he was joking. Was he?"

Second Place Tie: Entry 3: "I wanted to change my name to 666666, but 55555 said I would get in trouble for ripping him off. Is this true?"

Second Place Tie: Entry 4: "I distinctly remember someone saying that it was allowed to send a PM to every staff member with nothing but a funny picture of a cat and the words 'Yo, dawg' on April Fool's Day.

My question is: Are you absolutely sure that 'Yo, dawg' is the best thing you can put in it? I mean, can't I write 'LOL YOUR SO AWESOME'?"

PrizesThanks to the awesomeness of -Windrider-, each first place winner will receive two Series 6 Minfig Packs. They will also have, along with the rest of the finalists, eternal fame and glory.Thank-yousI would like to thank Black Six and -Windrider- for approving this contest, and especially -Windrider- and his offer to host it along with 55555 and myself, as well as his donation of prizes.We would like to thank everyone who participated in this contest; we know it's not the usual type of contest we have here at BZPower, but we hope everyone had as much fun as we did.Please congratulate the winners here, and thank you all again for making this contest such a success,Velox-Windrider- 55555 Edited by Velox

"As a writer you ask yourself to dream while awake." ~ Aimee Bender

Congrats to the winners and their great entries! :) Thanks to Wind, Velox and 55555 for hosting this contest, hopefully we´ll see more of its kind in the future. :)-Gata signoff.jpg

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

Congrats to the winners, there appeared to be a lot of winning yet strange questions among these members. Congrats to all! ^_^

On the day the wall came down / They threw the locks onto the ground

And with glasses high / We raised a cry / For freedom had arrived

On the day the wall came down / The ship of fools had finally run aground

Promises lit up the night / Like paper doves in flight

I dreamed you had left my side / No warmth, not even pride remained

And even though you needed me / It was clear that I could not do a thing for you

Now life devalues day by day / As friends and neighbors turn away

And there's a change that even with regret / Cannot be undone

Now frontiers shift like desert sands / While nations wash their bloodied hands

Of loyalty, of history / In shades of grey

I woke to the sound of drums / The music played, the morning sun streamed in

I turned and I looked at you / And all but the bitter residues slipped away

slipped away...

Certainly one of the more unique contests we've had. And I'm glad I remember about it in time to at least vote in the final poll. :PSo congrats guys, those were some funny one.~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

"He walks among us, but he is not one of us."

Oh man, what a crazy contest. Will it be the last of its kind? Who knows...I never expected that it would get so much support from the very beginning, but I am quite glad that it did, and I am equally glad that everyone enjoyed the contest. Who says that you can't have fun in Q&A? (Well, actually, I grew up in this forum and have never heard anyone say that it is boring or anything like that. Well, anyway.)Thanks to 55555 and Velox for the original idea and concept (and for their help with assisting and hosting), and thanks to Black Six for putting up with me, as always. A big thanks to all the participants, and to all the winners, congratulations!Phyoohrii, DragonofWind, and imperial officer - I will get in touch with you about your prizes soon!