Build Your Own Hero Factory Character at LEGO Stores

On the LEGO Club website they have an <a href="http://club.lego.com/en-US/insidescoop/InsideScoopDetails.aspx?id=416523" target="offsite">Inside Scoop</a> about an event going on at LEGO Brand Retail Stores from April 16th to May 20th. You'll be able to, "choose Hero Factory elements to build and customize your own hero or villain ready for battle," which sounds like a fun time. You have to be ages six to fourteen to participate though. Seems like an interesting event if you've got a LEGO Store near you!

View the full article

Seems cool. If I'm able to, I'll see if I can do this.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

Thanks for the tip! I missed out on the event they had last year. I'll try my best not to miss this one!Even though there's an age limit, I've known a lot of LEGO store employees to be genuinely nice guys. If the Hero Factory parts are on the Pick-A-Brick wall, I wouldn't be surprised if I was allowed to take a few. If not, I have a fourteen-year-old brother who I'm sure would love to take part, and it never hurts to visit a LEGO store even if there is no special offer to take advantage of.The last event like this was to promote Hero Recon Team, but since the custom-ordering portion of Hero Recon Team is over and done with I wouldn't be surprised if this one is designed in part to eliminate overstock parts from that service.

Hero Factory is one of those things that I really feel too old to become invested in now. Personal choice...whatever. If I were still in those age limits though, and a little less jaded about new Lego set lines, I'd be ecstatic about this. As it is though, I'm happy for whoever manages to go out and have their own Hero (or villain) custom made.-Ced

Do they have any stores in NC?Also, i'm 14. I will most probably be the only one that is over the age of 10 there. But hey, least i'll choose how to build the MOC carefully- don't want it to look like a six-year-old made it.

Coming June 22nd: Your chance to become an ECC critic! Power of the pen in your hands!

Do they have any stores in NC?Also, i'm 14. I will most probably be the only one that is over the age of 10 there. But hey, least i'll choose how to build the MOC carefully- don't want it to look like a six-year-old made it.

There's one at Crabtree Valley Mall in Raleigh.Curses, an age limit. But I'm still 6-14 on the inside!-:t::n:

sigbanner.gif

Six to Fourteen? :OMG:Thats so unfair! http://www.bzpower.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/mad.gifI'm 17 and i still like Bionicle/Hero Factory.Well there isn't a Lego Store at where I live anyways but I do hope they will put the pieces on Pick-a-brick.

Edited by Feline Oneker

2020 STATUS UPDATE:

If you've come across any of my topics such, as my comic series which are now lost, I just want to say is I have since DISOWNED them as of 2020. Looking back at them I'm no longer proud of what I've made here on BZPower.

Six to Fourteen? :OMG:Thats so unfair! http://www.bzpower.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/mad.gifI'm 17 and i still like Bionicle/Hero Factory.Well there isn't a Lego Store at where I live anyways but I do hope they will put the pieces on Pick-a-brick.

There are many HF parts on PAB, you may want to check it out. ;)Duh, I´d need to shave and walk crouching to pass as a 14-year old. The Store Manager knowing us doesn´t help at all either. :P Well, this should be nice anyway. We are planning to go to a LEGO Store this month or the next so maybe they let us take a few HF parts with us even if we don´t participate in the event. :P-Gata signoff.jpg Edited by Gatanui

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

Seriously? I overshot the age limet by ONE DAY. Just ONE DAY! Of course, there's little to no chance of me being able to get to a Lego store in the time frame anyway, but still. I wonder how this will be done. PaB, or a more rigid HF body build thing?

42687538174_213a004f2f.jpg

This is pretty neat, although I'm a bit older than the age limit. Although not that it matters or anything, as I won't be going to a Lego store anytime soon, just went to one on a trip to NYC a few days ago.There's always the Pick-A-Brick wall for us older folks. And MOCing.

Wow, the people that work at the LEGO store will think i'm 16 and not 14... I guess this is what you get for being 5 feet tall and having a Moustache. Looks like i'm bringing my birth certificate.

Coming June 22nd: Your chance to become an ECC critic! Power of the pen in your hands!

Huh, I'd be able to fall into the rather arbitrary age limit, but it doesn't sound believeable that a 6-foot man with a bit of a beard and 'stache growing could possibly be 14, plus there's no stores near me anyways, there are some in my state, just on the opposite side of it though. >_< It'd be fun to participate though, and snatch a free extra Hero as well.

Please enjoy a series of on signals and off signals sent from a far off computer to yours, forming short messages that may disturb and amuse!

Still no really late Recon Team Update.

Why late? Hero Recon orders could still be placed until 11th April which isn´t even a week ago and obviously they couldn´t update the Hero Recon builder while people were still placing orders. I´m sure the update will come eventually, most likely sooner than later. ;)-Gata signoff.jpg

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

Wow! This is convenient, as it it happens about the same time that I'm going to the nashville store opening later this month. My little brother has been interested in HF since our trip to legoland florida, so he will be interested in this.

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

Definitely going to try to twist this so I can get out of there with a treasure trove of pieces…But yeah, I'm definitely going to go to the nearest Lego store and take advantage of this offer. Is it only for Lego Club members?

Edited by Paleo

Just came back from the event. Their part selection was rather mundane; they just consist of the hero sets, Splitface, Fangz and Black Phantom. However they also have Breez parts (namely the torso armor, lime green shoulder armor and helmet). :biggrin: What sucks is that they have no villain helmets, pins/axles, mag belts and shooter parts <_< . Each hero/villain built is $12.99, so for those going try to make the figures more substantial (but don't overdo it as the staff actually checks to see).

Just came back from the event. Their part selection was rather mundane; they just consist of the hero sets, Splitface, Fangz and Black Phantom. However they also have Breez parts (namely the torso armor, lime green shoulder armor and helmet). :biggrin: What sucks is that they have no villain helmets, pins/axles, mag belts and shooter parts <_< . Each hero/villain built is $12.99, so for those going try to make the figures more substantial (but don't overdo it as the staff actually checks to see).

you have made me both bummed and excited. if only i wasn't sick...

leechfoam.gif "Copy and paste me into your sig! The shadows command you!"

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

tarakavabanner.jpg

#tumaislove,tumaislife