• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

Favorite Hero Factory Set?

• Please log in to reply
112 replies to this topic

#41 Offline NinjaSpartanII

NinjaSpartanII
  • New Members
  • Inhabitant

• 1 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 16 2012 - 06:08 PM

Not sure if it counts, but i would say my Custom Hero Recon. But for a real set, it is Bulk 3.0.

#42 Offline Killer_Myr

Killer_Myr
  • Members
  • Encountering Protodermis

• 889 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 17 2012 - 04:59 PM

Witch Doctor. I got about forty of the red ball components, which I have long since used in a MOC.

When you get right down to it, we're all just shades on the spectrum of Humanity.
What matters most in life is not what you are, or what group you belong to, but who you are.
Fight hate with understanding.
Fight ignorance with knowledge.
Fight cruelty with compassion.
Don't be the poison, be the antidote.

#43 Offline Sumiki

Sumiki
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Forum Assistants
  • Hat Enterprises CEO

• 11,011 posts
  •   BZP Assistant

Posted Aug 17 2012 - 05:02 PM

Though I haven't gotten him (yet), Thornraxx is one heck of a cool set - plus, that aqua-teal color is want.

gart3banner.jpg

#44 Offline Liopleurodon

Liopleurodon
  • Members
  • Scavenger

• 612 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 22 2012 - 01:11 PM

I think a tie between Corroder, Waspix, Raw-Jaw, and Thornraxx. :)

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/sprxtrerme/BANNERS/thornax.swf

#45 Offline Starparu

Starparu
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Emerging Defender of Mata Nui

• 2,093 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 22 2012 - 01:54 PM

Core Hunter. Mask is creepy, build is perfect, and the color scheme seems so....evil. He is a great set, and IMO the best villain set from the HF Line (Witch Doctor wants a word about that though :P)-Star
The Lazy Life of a comic maker
~V3~

The Awesomepocalypse
One Nation under the Great Spirit
Maphrox Comics

These Comics are really worth reading for anyone who wants to ;)
Posted Image
Remember: "All endings are merely beginnings...." - Mata Nui

#46 Offline Makuta DUSt

Makuta DUSt
  • Members
  • Scavenger

• 617 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 22 2012 - 03:32 PM

Breez (Breakout), Meltdown or Von Nebula.

#47 Offline Bambi

Bambi
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Mask of Light Unveiled

• 5,062 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 30 2012 - 12:51 PM

Speeda Demon looks completely boss. Dat name, colourscheme, bike etc [quote image linked]

I'm gonna have to go with this, even though I don't own him.

Edited by Makaru, Aug 30 2012 - 04:07 PM.

#48 Offline Cirkit8

Cirkit8
  • Members
  • Tohunga

• 45 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 07 2012 - 09:41 PM

From the most recent wave, I find Core Hunter to be aesthetically appealing. The colour scheme is great and well layered, the mask looks creepy but suits the character, there are a number of useful parts for Moc-Making(dat torso, man), and his character is one I thoroughly enjoy :) Voltix's wild colour scheme I didn't like at first, but the more I looked, the more it grew on me, excited me. That, and purple lilac torso, man!! The Heroes and Villains get better and better each wave, but my favorite sets- The Furno Bike and Rotor- both come from when Hero Factory was just getting started. They were fun, they both had their own play features- Furno the bike and Rotor the propellor- which made for great creativity. Sadly I did not get my hands on Rotor, but I really really liked him.And.. boy it's tough to choose favorites, isn't it?

#49 Offline Voltex Oblige

Voltex Oblige
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • The Storyteller

• 4,362 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 09 2012 - 07:27 PM

It's hard to choose just one favourite; I loved Nex 2.0, Stringer 3.0, Evo 2012, and really like the looks of Stringer 2010 though I don't own him. As for villains, Rotor is easily the best, although Toxic Reapa is pretty sweet too.-ibrow

book_1_logo_super_small.jpg

^Click to read!^

INTERLUDE

A heist in BZ-Koro goes precisely as scheduled.

#50 Offline Toa of Winds

Toa of Winds
  • Members
  • Steely Visionary

• 352 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 09 2012 - 08:00 PM

Core Hunter is, hands down, the best villain. Cirkit8 already explained, perfectly, my reason why.As for heroes, I really like the first Furno, Nex and Evo 2.0, and Stormer XL. They're awesome.~MN~

THE ASHES - Chapter 2 and some clarification is up!

THE ANNIVERSARY EDITION OF TAHU - Chapter 4 is up!

#51 Offline NatureDruid

NatureDruid
  • Members
  • Tohunga

• 47 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 08 2012 - 03:55 PM

Witch doctor. Seriously, that guy was more complex than a lot of bionicle titans.

Edited by NatureDruid, Oct 08 2012 - 03:56 PM.

#52 Offline Cirkit8

Cirkit8
  • Members
  • Tohunga

• 45 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 11 2012 - 02:10 PM

Core Hunter is, hands down, the best villain. Cirkit8 already explained, perfectly, my reason why.

Yaaay I was helpful in something :PThe more and more I think about it, the more I think I should have picked up a Witch Doctor while I still could. Complex build, loads of white parts(which I need), lots of great parts, and skulls. Got to love dem skulls.

#53 Offline Manterax Prime

Manterax Prime
  • Members
  • Stalwart Defender

• 428 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 11 2012 - 05:57 PM

Being a Metroid I have to go with the Breakout version of Evo.

sailor_moon_banner.jpg

Tired of broken BIONICLE sets? Support the Remolded Sockets Service Pack project by Kon1 on CUUSOO http://lego.cuusoo.c...deas/view/17500

Want more female characters to stand with you BIONICLE or HF collection?  Support Bunyip's Constraction Line for Girls project on CUUSOO http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/6801

#54 Offline toaoftechnology

toaoftechnology
  • New Members
  • Inhabitant

• 3 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 18 2012 - 01:45 PM

I think my favorite is the Furno-Jawblade combiner set.If combiners aren't allowed, then Splitface. His claw seems to fit together very well.

Landfill rocks!

Posted Image

He's just SO AWESOME!!!

#55 Offline LewaLew

LewaLew
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Retired Staff
  • Senior Staff

• 3,372 posts
  •   Retired Staff

Posted Oct 20 2012 - 08:35 PM

I've never bought a Hero Factory set, but if I did, I'd want Witch Doctor. Aesthetically, he looks amazing, and his skull helmet is bound to be useful.

#56 Offline 27sean

27sean
  • Members
  • Inhabitant

• 12 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 05 2012 - 02:44 PM

Preston 1.0. I don't really like hero factory, but of the new designs, my girlfriend and I picked up Rocka and Core Hunter, and Rocka is my favorite! The new dark green head and shield are legit!

sabbaticgoat.jpg

Divine Seere for the Brotherhood of Legion.

#57 Offline ShadowWolfHount

ShadowWolfHount
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Makuta Conquered!

• 575 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 09 2012 - 11:08 AM

I have you say my favorite is Bulk 3.0 and Toxic Reapa they look awesome, like Bulk with the wolf mask and Toxic Reapa with the color and the green fire.

image.php?u=47115&dateline=1334913320

:voyanui: Find Me On :voyanui: 
Flickr 10.gif MOCpages 10.gif Youtube

#58 Offline Kingslayer

Kingslayer
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Emerging Fluidic Master

• 1,230 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Nov 09 2012 - 11:52 AM

I actually really like Rocka 4.0, simply because of his awesome cross bow. Kind of reminds me of Daryl from the Walking dead. Also has an awesome colour scheme

#59 Offline Elemental Ussal

Elemental Ussal
  • Members
  • Exo-Armored Toa

• 757 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 09 2012 - 01:02 PM

I like Evo 4.0 for his helmet and weapon design. The 4.0 group is my favorite.

elementalussal.png

#60 Offline Pikiru

Pikiru
  • Members
  • Turaga

• 61 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 09 2012 - 07:56 PM

My personal favourite would actually be Scorpio.He has some really nice pieces, a very interesting build and he looks so much like the Rahi of old.:vahi:

#61 Offline Xetra

Xetra
  • Members
  • Stalwart Defender

• 423 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 19 2012 - 10:48 AM

Normally, I would say one of the huge sets, like Witch Doctor, due to the complexity of their builds, but in Hero Factory, I would give this title to a much smaller set.Evo.Breakout Evo and his unbelievably epic Tank Arm, of course.​I find it simply amazing that such a wondrous design could exist in such a small, well scaled model.I personally believe that Evo's Tank Arm is the greatest weapon Lego has ever produced for a small set, especially when compared to the 3.0 weapons donned by Stormer and Stringer, which I believe would have been better if placed on the higher arm joint (much like Nex's) and of course the many shields implemented over the years which could have been so much better in a similar position to the above.If Evo did not have the Tank Arm however, I would have to crown Speeda Demon and his amazing bike.~Xetra

Avatar image provided by Shattered Mask Productions

#62 Offline Aanchir

Aanchir
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Another Chir Brother

• 3,636 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 20 2012 - 07:38 AM

Normally, I would say one of the huge sets, like Witch Doctor, due to the complexity of their builds, but in Hero Factory, I would give this title to a much smaller set.Evo.Breakout Evo and his unbelievably epic Tank Arm, of course.​I find it simply amazing that such a wondrous design could exist in such a small, well scaled model.I personally believe that Evo's Tank Arm is the greatest weapon Lego has ever produced for a small set, especially when compared to the 3.0 weapons donned by Stormer and Stringer, which I believe would have been better if placed on the higher arm joint (much like Nex's) and of course the many shields implemented over the years which could have been so much better in a similar position to the above.If Evo did not have the Tank Arm however, I would have to crown Speeda Demon and his amazing bike.~Xetra

I can definitely see where you're coming from. Back in BIONICLE, the most customization we ever saw for a projectile weapon that was a figure's only weapon was probably Mistika Toa Onua's Nynrah blaster, and it required a specialized piece. The Tank Arm's brilliance comes in part from the fact that it doesn't rely on any new pieces other than the blaster itself and the shoulder shell, both of which were designed for numerous applications.In general, I have to say the Breakout series has been incredible in terms of showing real imagination in the sets for the lowest price point. All of the smaller villain sets this year have had non-traditional physiques that explore the diverse possibilities of the building system to an even greater extent than any of the larger villains from previous waves. And among the heroes, Evo has a brilliant weapon design, Nex has a design that almost mirrors Evo's (albeit not with the same brilliance with regard to building techniques), and Stringer's weapon ties in fantastically with his character. Only Surge ends up seeming fairly generic. If anything, the sets this year have shown that a set doesn't have to be big and expensive to have an imaginative design.

Edited by Aanchir: Rachira of Time, Nov 20 2012 - 07:39 AM.

hs01_sig.png recommends the following sites:
bs01_banner.png hs01_banner.pngtnw_banner.pngtcw-banner.png

#63 Online ~garnira returns~

~garnira returns~
  • Members
  • Encountering Protodermis

• 822 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 17 2012 - 06:39 PM

Meltdown or Core Hunter.

edit: Come to think of it, I also really like Toxic Reapa and Thornraxx.

Edited by ~garnira returns~, Mar 20 2013 - 08:02 PM.

leechfoam.gif "Copy and paste me into your sig! The shadows command you!"

My website: http://arra41.wix.com/zaro-nui ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

savethebeasts.jpg

#64 Offline Ricardo Mason

Ricardo Mason
  • Members
  • Stone Champion Nuva

• 1,532 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 19 2012 - 06:58 PM

I like the new Furno XL that's coming soon. He looks like a boss

BZPRPG Profiles

Flaredrick Seria - Potas -'Jet Fire' -'Razor'- 'Infector' - Reso 'Vo - Kasrar 'V- Ludvin va Betravo - Vallen Tor - Molvr Kalr

#65 Offline Based Goomy

Based Goomy
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Tahnok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,228 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 19 2012 - 08:07 PM

[font="'trebuchet ms', helvetica, sans-serif;"][color=#ff0000;]Rotor. I love orange so much :)[/color][/font]

POKEMON Y FRIEND CODE: 2208-6468-7046

#66 Offline Project Nightfall

Project Nightfall
  • Members
  • Flying Force!

• 2,360 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 19 2012 - 08:32 PM

I can't really decide overall. But it's either Breez Brain Attack or Breakout, Nex Breakout or Speeda Demon himself. But as I said I don't really have an overall favourite, I have too many I love.

27946801_un-live-action-trailer-per-il-d

#67 Offline Tech Warrior

Tech Warrior
  • Members
  • Tohunga

• 53 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 23 2012 - 11:23 AM

Rotor is awesome; Witch Doctor is awesome; I also like Core Hunter and Thornraxx, plux Breakout Furno and Breez... particularly.

Choosing just one is impossible.

I really do believe that the new Furno XL will change my mind, once I get my hands on it. He looks epic. They all do.

I AM A TOA OF SOUND. I CAN IDENTIFY DRUM N BASS BY THE VIBRATION OF THE GROUND. I CAN HEAR MAKUTA ROAR FROM MILES AWAY. I AM JUST THAT FREAKING AWESOME.

#68 Offline Rooster Nui

Rooster Nui
  • Members
  • Toa

• 150 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 23 2012 - 04:59 PM

Witch Doctor and Core Hunter.

#69 Offline Disciple

Disciple
  • Members
  • Stone Champion Nuva

• 1,591 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 26 2012 - 08:06 PM

Got Rocka for Christmas yesterday. Love his color scheme and giant bow cannon. For me, this guy takes the cake!

In general, I have to say the Breakout series has been incredible in terms of showing real imagination in the sets for the lowest price point. All of the smaller villain sets this year have had non-traditional physiques that explore the diverse possibilities of the building system to an even greater extent than any of the larger villains from previous waves. And among the heroes, Evo has a brilliant weapon design, Nex has a design that almost mirrors Evo's (albeit not with the same brilliance with regard to building techniques), and Stringer's weapon ties in fantastically with his character. Only Surge ends up seeming fairly generic. If anything, the sets this year have shown that a set doesn't have to be big and expensive to have an imaginative design.

Agreed. I hope to get a few more sets from the Breakout wave.

Edited by Disciple, Dec 26 2012 - 08:07 PM.

#70 Offline Kilgore Trout

Kilgore Trout
  • Members
  • Bionicle Writer of the Month

• 3,200 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 26 2012 - 11:22 PM

[font="'times new roman', times, serif;"]I never really "got into" Hero Factory, but Witch Doctor, for the MOCing pieces, and Toxic Reapa, the last Lego set I purchased, as well as being good for MOCing, tie for favorite.[/font]

#71 Offline Fastcar800

Fastcar800
  • Members
  • Toa

• 149 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 27 2012 - 10:43 AM

I would say Stormer XL if he didn't have stickers. So I will hold on my former opinion at Breakout Breez.

Edited by Fastcar700, Dec 27 2012 - 10:44 AM.

virux4.5-500.jpg

Semi-active As Of 11/20/2013

#72 Offline Tech Warrior

Tech Warrior
  • Members
  • Tohunga

• 53 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 28 2012 - 12:24 AM

Got Furno XL for Christmas. Yeah, I think he's probably one of my favorites in Hero Factory. He's got such a uniqueness to him; it's the cape that stands out the most I think.

I've got half of the first Brain Attack wave now, and I think that's enough to form an opinion on the wave thusfar. What's great about Brain Attack is the new incorporations and pieces, such as the new body armor, shoulder pieces, etc. I really like what they did with Bruizer, to an extent. I think it's great that they've decided to kind of "bring back" the functions that were in a lot of the Bionicle sets, but it does seem to hinder Bruizer's flexibility greatly. Other than that, he's great. However, I don't feel that villains like Bruizer are too incredibly unique. He kind of reminded me of Thunder when I first saw him. Scarox kind of looks like an XT4 - Thornraxx - Meltdown combination.

It seems that Brain Attack is taking on a more realistic approach, as far as color scheme and look goes. The sets are getting overpowered with gunmetal gray now, so it's not the most colorful series. But I do really like it because of how different it is from the others. But all in all, I still think Breakout is my favorite Hero Factory series, and probably will remain my favorite.

I AM A TOA OF SOUND. I CAN IDENTIFY DRUM N BASS BY THE VIBRATION OF THE GROUND. I CAN HEAR MAKUTA ROAR FROM MILES AWAY. I AM JUST THAT FREAKING AWESOME.

#73 Offline ToaJaller77

ToaJaller77
  • Members
  • Toa

• 122 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 23 2013 - 09:52 PM

Furno XL. I love the overall design. Very creative and nicely done LEGO. The weapons are good and I Love the helmet. Nice work LEGO. :D

Edited by ToaJaller77, Jan 23 2013 - 09:53 PM.

50px-24126359.png.jpg

IS THIS PICTURE BIG ENOUGH FOR THE SIGNATURE?

IS IT?

#74 Guest_lewanuva132_*

Guest_lewanuva132_*
  • Guests

Posted Jan 27 2013 - 12:57 AM

My favourite is rocka xl

#75 Offline TNTOS

TNTOS
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Ice Warrior Defeated

• 2,970 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 27 2013 - 08:44 AM

My favorite is Furno XL. He just looks so awesome that I'm willing to ignore the few flaws he has.-TNTOS-

"If people only knew how hard I work to gain my mastery it wouldn't seem so wonderful at all." -Michelangelo

A Writerly Blog
The Tasty Library of Sugary Goodness
(My Little BIONICLE: Friendship is Explosive Completed 01/05/14)
{The Shika Trilogy Omnibus Completed 03/31/14) (Review Topic)
(In the End Updated 07/07/14) (Review Topic)
The Biological Chronicle: (2001) (2002) (2003) (2004) (2005) (2006) (2007) (2008) (2009) (2010)

#76 Guest_sinewav_*

Guest_sinewav_*
  • Guests

Posted Feb 06 2013 - 04:44 PM

Furno 2.0. Pretty wicked epic. :)

I respect your opinion but for me I found Furno 2.0 to be the most hideous of the HF builds.  Assuming we're talking about the same set that night-vision goggle thing he had on his helmet I thought was a huge step down from his 1.0 mask and made him look silly. 

Honestly most of head gear for that line I wasn't crazy about but Furno's was the worst of the bunch.

My favorite HF build is the Witch Doctor, the sets with the most parts tend to be my favorites. 

#77 Offline Kumata

Kumata
  • Premier Member
  • Toa Nuva Defeated

• 3,835 posts

Posted Feb 08 2013 - 11:06 AM

Evo... 4.0? The one coming out this summer? Is now my favourite. Yellow/blue... yesss. Plus I like Evo anyway so

#78 Offline Aanchir

Aanchir
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Another Chir Brother

• 3,636 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 08 2013 - 01:01 PM

Evo... 4.0? The one coming out this summer? Is now my favourite. Yellow/blue... yesss. Plus I like Evo anyway so
If you really wanted to give him a numerical class it'd probably be 5.0 (since the year-long Breakout series was the fourth HF design style), but really they stopped using those terms after 2011's 3.0 sets, and the more recent figures are better identified with their series (Breakout/Brain Attack).

hs01_sig.png recommends the following sites:
bs01_banner.png hs01_banner.pngtnw_banner.pngtcw-banner.png

#79 Offline Kumata

Kumata
  • Premier Member
  • Toa Nuva Defeated

• 3,835 posts

Posted Feb 08 2013 - 01:14 PM

I see, thanks. The packaging doesn't refer to them as anything other than their names, so I get confused as to what to call each iteration.

#80 Guest_lemondefiance_*

Guest_lemondefiance_*
  • Guests

Posted Feb 09 2013 - 05:18 AM

Rotor, because it's orange and it has a great design to it.    ^_^

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users