Favorite Hero Factory Set?

• 2 weeks later...

From the most recent wave, I find Core Hunter to be aesthetically appealing. The colour scheme is great and well layered, the mask looks creepy but suits the character, there are a number of useful parts for Moc-Making(dat torso, man), and his character is one I thoroughly enjoy :) Voltix's wild colour scheme I didn't like at first, but the more I looked, the more it grew on me, excited me. That, and purple lilac torso, man!! The Heroes and Villains get better and better each wave, but my favorite sets- The Furno Bike and Rotor- both come from when Hero Factory was just getting started. They were fun, they both had their own play features- Furno the bike and Rotor the propellor- which made for great creativity. Sadly I did not get my hands on Rotor, but I really really liked him.And.. boy it's tough to choose favorites, isn't it?

• 4 weeks later...
Core Hunter is, hands down, the best villain. Cirkit8 already explained, perfectly, my reason why.
Yaaay I was helpful in something :PThe more and more I think about it, the more I think I should have picked up a Witch Doctor while I still could. Complex build, loads of white parts(which I need), lots of great parts, and skulls. Got to love dem skulls.

Being a Metroid I have to go with the Breakout version of Evo.

sailor_moon_banner.jpg

Tired of broken BIONICLE sets? Support the Remolded Sockets Service Pack project by Kon1 on CUUSOO http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/17500

Want more female characters to stand with you BIONICLE or HF collection? Support Bunyip's Constraction Line for Girls project on CUUSOO http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/6801

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Normally, I would say one of the huge sets, like Witch Doctor, due to the complexity of their builds, but in Hero Factory, I would give this title to a much smaller set.Evo.Breakout Evo and his unbelievably epic Tank Arm, of course.​I find it simply amazing that such a wondrous design could exist in such a small, well scaled model.I personally believe that Evo's Tank Arm is the greatest weapon Lego has ever produced for a small set, especially when compared to the 3.0 weapons donned by Stormer and Stringer, which I believe would have been better if placed on the higher arm joint (much like Nex's) and of course the many shields implemented over the years which could have been so much better in a similar position to the above.If Evo did not have the Tank Arm however, I would have to crown Speeda Demon and his amazing bike.~Xetra

Avatar image provided by Shattered Mask Productions

Normally, I would say one of the huge sets, like Witch Doctor, due to the complexity of their builds, but in Hero Factory, I would give this title to a much smaller set.Evo.Breakout Evo and his unbelievably epic Tank Arm, of course.​I find it simply amazing that such a wondrous design could exist in such a small, well scaled model.I personally believe that Evo's Tank Arm is the greatest weapon Lego has ever produced for a small set, especially when compared to the 3.0 weapons donned by Stormer and Stringer, which I believe would have been better if placed on the higher arm joint (much like Nex's) and of course the many shields implemented over the years which could have been so much better in a similar position to the above.If Evo did not have the Tank Arm however, I would have to crown Speeda Demon and his amazing bike.~Xetra
I can definitely see where you're coming from. Back in BIONICLE, the most customization we ever saw for a projectile weapon that was a figure's only weapon was probably Mistika Toa Onua's Nynrah blaster, and it required a specialized piece. The Tank Arm's brilliance comes in part from the fact that it doesn't rely on any new pieces other than the blaster itself and the shoulder shell, both of which were designed for numerous applications.In general, I have to say the Breakout series has been incredible in terms of showing real imagination in the sets for the lowest price point. All of the smaller villain sets this year have had non-traditional physiques that explore the diverse possibilities of the building system to an even greater extent than any of the larger villains from previous waves. And among the heroes, Evo has a brilliant weapon design, Nex has a design that almost mirrors Evo's (albeit not with the same brilliance with regard to building techniques), and Stringer's weapon ties in fantastically with his character. Only Surge ends up seeming fairly generic. If anything, the sets this year have shown that a set doesn't have to be big and expensive to have an imaginative design. Edited by Aanchir: Rachira of Time

• 4 weeks later...

Rotor is awesome; Witch Doctor is awesome; I also like Core Hunter and Thornraxx, plux Breakout Furno and Breez... particularly.

Choosing just one is impossible.

I really do believe that the new Furno XL will change my mind, once I get my hands on it. He looks epic. They all do.

I AM A TOA OF SOUND. I CAN IDENTIFY DRUM N BASS BY THE VIBRATION OF THE GROUND. I CAN HEAR MAKUTA ROAR FROM MILES AWAY. I AM JUST THAT FREAKING AWESOME.

Got Rocka for Christmas yesterday. Love his color scheme and giant bow cannon. For me, this guy takes the cake!

In general, I have to say the Breakout series has been incredible in terms of showing real imagination in the sets for the lowest price point. All of the smaller villain sets this year have had non-traditional physiques that explore the diverse possibilities of the building system to an even greater extent than any of the larger villains from previous waves. And among the heroes, Evo has a brilliant weapon design, Nex has a design that almost mirrors Evo's (albeit not with the same brilliance with regard to building techniques), and Stringer's weapon ties in fantastically with his character. Only Surge ends up seeming fairly generic. If anything, the sets this year have shown that a set doesn't have to be big and expensive to have an imaginative design.

Agreed. I hope to get a few more sets from the Breakout wave.

Edited by Disciple

Got Furno XL for Christmas. Yeah, I think he's probably one of my favorites in Hero Factory. He's got such a uniqueness to him; it's the cape that stands out the most I think.

I've got half of the first Brain Attack wave now, and I think that's enough to form an opinion on the wave thusfar. What's great about Brain Attack is the new incorporations and pieces, such as the new body armor, shoulder pieces, etc. I really like what they did with Bruizer, to an extent. I think it's great that they've decided to kind of "bring back" the functions that were in a lot of the Bionicle sets, but it does seem to hinder Bruizer's flexibility greatly. Other than that, he's great. However, I don't feel that villains like Bruizer are too incredibly unique. He kind of reminded me of Thunder when I first saw him. Scarox kind of looks like an XT4 - Thornraxx - Meltdown combination.

It seems that Brain Attack is taking on a more realistic approach, as far as color scheme and look goes. The sets are getting overpowered with gunmetal gray now, so it's not the most colorful series. But I do really like it because of how different it is from the others. But all in all, I still think Breakout is my favorite Hero Factory series, and probably will remain my favorite.

I AM A TOA OF SOUND. I CAN IDENTIFY DRUM N BASS BY THE VIBRATION OF THE GROUND. I CAN HEAR MAKUTA ROAR FROM MILES AWAY. I AM JUST THAT FREAKING AWESOME.

• 4 weeks later...

My favorite is Furno XL. He just looks so awesome that I'm willing to ignore the few flaws he has.-TNTOS-

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

A Writerly Blog

The Tasty Library of Sugary Goodness

(My Little BIONICLE: Friendship is Explosive Completed 01/05/14)

{The Shika Trilogy Omnibus Completed 03/31/14) (Review Topic)

(In the End Completed 09/01/14) (Review Topic)

The Biological Chronicle: (2001) (2002) (2003) (2004) (2005) (2006) (2007) (2008) (2009) (2010)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest sinewav
Furno 2.0. Pretty wicked epic. :)

I respect your opinion but for me I found Furno 2.0 to be the most hideous of the HF builds. Assuming we're talking about the same set that night-vision goggle thing he had on his helmet I thought was a huge step down from his 1.0 mask and made him look silly.

Honestly most of head gear for that line I wasn't crazy about but Furno's was the worst of the bunch.

My favorite HF build is the Witch Doctor, the sets with the most parts tend to be my favorites.

Evo... 4.0? The one coming out this summer? Is now my favourite. Yellow/blue... yesss. Plus I like Evo anyway so
If you really wanted to give him a numerical class it'd probably be 5.0 (since the year-long Breakout series was the fourth HF design style), but really they stopped using those terms after 2011's 3.0 sets, and the more recent figures are better identified with their series (Breakout/Brain Attack).