• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes
  • Participate in raffles to win LEGO prizes
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Posted Image

Photo

G A C 18 - Gali Vs Tarakava

GAC18 Gali Tarakava Digital

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Lapis Lazuli

Lapis Lazuli
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Illusory Instigator

• 12-October 03
  • 1,447 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 19 2012 - 08:36 PM

Whew. This one took a good amount of effort. Posted ImageI'm not happy with Tarakava. =/I am, however, more than happy with Gali. ^^Yes, yes, this isn't set-accurate, yes, I know there are a ton of little nit-picks that just don't mesh, and I know the water could be better. I'm new at digital medium, alright? XPMade with Colors! 3D on my DS. Comments and Criticism highly encouraged. ^^

Executive Vice President of Tomato Throwing

#2 Offline Kragghle

Kragghle
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Nuhvok-Kal Attacks!

• 02-January 07
  • 3,079 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 20 2012 - 05:08 PM

:kaukau: You're right, Gali's pretty good (although I always liked to think of the hooks as being her actual hands). I think that what makes the Tarakava look awkward is how its eyes and mouth are the same color as the background.Your Honor,Tyrannosaurus Kraggh

Posted Image
Will you give all you can give so that our banner may advance?

Profiles

#3 Offline Crunchyn

Crunchyn
  • Members
  • Encountering Protodermis

• 09-October 06
  • 819 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 20 2012 - 05:36 PM

Drawn and painted with a DS, props to you there, I can't even draw well on my Ipod Touch XD. I really like this, it feels really pop art in my opinion and I like how Tarakava looks compared to Gali because Tarakava looks more 3-dimensional, the light tones, midtones, and shadows are more clearly defined than in Gali and it makes Tarakava look more dramatic. I especially like how you kept the color scheme between mainly blue and a red to red-orange (yay for semi-complimentary colors!) I think my only suggestion is to add a few more highlights, the same color as you have outlining the lights on Tarakava's arms. Just a couple on Tarakava's face to define the form, some to outline the details on Gali's back and on the flat water to really get that reflected-sunset-off-the-water look. :)All in all, great entry!

tumblr_nrnzz2Doel1sy13izo1_1280.jpg

"I could have been a Protector but then I took a stud to the knee." -Villager

#4 Offline Lapis Lazuli

Lapis Lazuli
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Illusory Instigator

• 12-October 03
  • 1,447 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 26 2012 - 07:48 PM

@Kraggy: Thanks! Yeah, I was debating how to do her hooks. I decided to go with hands, though. Hmm... Interesting point about the Tarakava. Maybe making his eyes yellow might help, though I still dislike how non-set-accurate he is (I normally don't mind, it's just I don't like the style I drew him in... =/)@Crunchy: Thanks! I'm glad you like it. ^^ A stylus is my best friend. Seriously, I could never do this on my computer with a mouse, and the idea of a tablet sounds kinda strange. And yes, I did work a bit more on the shading with Tarakava than Gali. More highlights, huh? I might try adding them in later. Thanks for the tip!And as far as the colors go; Gali is blue, Tarakava is blue, water is blue, the sky is blue... I needed contrast. Pushing the setting back to sunset seemed like a good option. XP

Executive Vice President of Tomato Throwing

#5 Offline Spinjitzu Master

Spinjitzu Master
  • Members
  • Battling Makuta!

• 30-August 10
  • 507 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 26 2012 - 08:12 PM

Ooh...nice. I like the color the the sky in the backround. I also like how it shades nicely. About Gali and the Tarakava: Gali looks more set-like than alot of BIONICLE art I see, and I love that. Same with the Tarakava. Though the way it is styled it is a little hard to make that out. I do like the style though, very unique.^^

daringsig.png

"Remember the Heart of NINJAGO."
PM me if you wish to know more about BIONICLE: Showdown!

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users