Makuta Life

Protohuman

Good humor, terrible graphics. Please tell me how the Karz these are Makuta. Taka Nuvia's comics, though turning from set design being the appearance (which I don't like about them, though they are basically good), are far better graphic-wise than these. These don't even look remotely MOL style or set style. Humans with strange hairstyles. That's what gets me here. That's why I rate this a 4/10.Edit: Just because a style is different does not mean it is inherently bad. Please be constructive without being harsh.-Wind-

Edited by -Windrider-

Pk57sNJ.jpg

I like the art style. I think the different appearances of the makuta really reflect their personalities. Some of the best examples would be Teridax in his business suit, and icarax looking like the strongest physically in this group. The art style is unique, and I like it a lot. It looks like this may be made in MSPaint, which is impressive with the quality you have so far. Also the jokes are fantastic, they remind me a lot of office jokes, and I think that they're really funny. Only thing I can suggest to improve on would be the arms and how they look when they bend.Nice job,~Soran

soran_banner_1_by_soarinskies-d9ibpyf.pngsoran_banner_2_by_soarinskies-d9ibq3p.pngsoran_banner_3_by_soarinskies-d9ibq87.pngsoran_banner_4_by_soarinskies-d9ibqcq.png

Anyways, I agree with TNG on the fact that the humor is good, but the graphics need work. One thing you could do to improve your graphics would be to add some better backgrounds and possibly some shading. I also think that the characters don't seem to fit what they are. I see that you are using human characters for them, but perhaps a more evil or dark look to them would be better. But overall you're having a nice start. Keep up the good work! :)-Rez

Edited by -Windrider-

This is genius!Your style is great, your humour is amazing! BZP needs something alittle more mature! The pannel graphics, I don't see a problem with them, I think it contributes to the humour!I give this 10/10!

Limbo is switching servers! Please calm you Lava producing farms... Christ.

"This will be my finest hour!" - Fulgrim The Phoenician

"There is a fine line between not listening and not caring. I like to think I walk that line every day of my life" - Leonard Church

"Pinkie Pie Style" - Pinkie Pie

"Oh I know what the Ladies like" - Sgt. Avery Johnson

"I'm A madman with a box! Without a box!" - The Doctor

Another series of comics here on BZP that use human versions of popular characters ehh? Might have to keep tabs on this one ;) Here's what i think so far...Pros:Human versions of bionicle characters is always interestingHumor is good. The best way i can describe it is it's like King of The Hill or the Office in the sense that it doesn't rely on pop culture references, fart jokes, or shock humor that many comics i see on the net use nowadays and instead opts for a more realistic type of humor. Cons: The art could be better. I've seen worse, but I agree with the others. Try some shading or some better backgrounds and see how much better the overall art gets :)Verdict: 3/5 starsAmong the endless sea of sprite comics, it's always good to see something like this try to poke its head out of the water. The humor is actually kinda good and being a hand drawn comic artist myself, i kinda dig the human representations of the BoM. Aside from mediocre artwork, Makuta Life is a neat little series that'll hopefully get better and better as it progresses. This has been P962 ladies and gentlemen!

A Toa eh? What kind of Toa am I?

Ever wanted to read a manga styled retelling of the early years of Bionicle? Here ya go!

http://www.bzpower.c...?showtopic=1384

Thanks for za constructive critisism ^^Gotta admit though, the lack of shading is just me being lazy xD I only put shading in my main projects, non-Bionicle related as it were...The backgrounds were to add to the theme; to make it seem lighthearted and business-like.Cheers though!

Gee golly, I sure do love Bionicles! My favourite one is Hero Factory!

This certainly is original. Humanized Bionicle characters are a rarity in comics, but not so much in general fan art. I'd also like to state that while the art style could be described as bland, but what matters is its entertainment value. If the jokes are funny, the art style is only an extra spectacle. That being said, it is still not a liability. Keep up the good work, and, as they say, "Haters gonna' hate," so ignore their griping and have fun.

"An old silent pond...

A frog jumps into the pond,

splash! Silence again."

-Matsuo Batsho