Why Is The M.u. Underneath Mata Nui Anyways?

How did Mata Nui end up underneath...Mata Nui to start with? Did he slide underneath it or was the whole thing created when the camo systems malfunctioned? I always thought that all the E.P. leak did was add vegetation to the barren landscape of the already-existing island.

2! The best thing ever!

Mata Nui island was created when the camouflage system of the Great Spirit activated to cover the robot's face when he was submerged underwater. Now whether it malfunctioned is open to interpretation, since the system was designed to camouflage parts of the robot that would be above water when said robot landed on planets. Could you clarify the term "E.P. Leak"? As far as I'm aware, energized protodermis did not leak from the robot to the surrounding areas. The energized protodermis was a part of the camouflage system, probably as a energy source, but the robot did not leak EP to the environment when activating the camouflage.

Could you clarify the term "E.P. Leak"? As far as I'm aware, energized protodermis did not leak from the robot to the surrounding areas. The energized protodermis was a part of the camouflage system, probably as a energy source, but the robot did not leak EP to the environment when activating the camouflage.

The Entergized Protodermis wasn't necessarily a part of the camouflage system, or at least it was implied that it wasn't (here on the archives).Anyway, it has been said other times that the Great Cataclysm caused energized protodermis to leak out and create the plant life on the island. From BS01:

[Mata Nui's] old body was equipped with a camouflage system that instantly engaged whenever he landed to observe a place. This produced an island which hid the true nature of his face. When he crash landed, the system was damaged, and Energized Protodermis leaked out, creating flora which covered the island.

Edited by Ziko

Could you clarify the term "E.P. Leak"? As far as I'm aware, energized protodermis did not leak from the robot to the surrounding areas. The energized protodermis was a part of the camouflage system, probably as a energy source, but the robot did not leak EP to the environment when activating the camouflage.

The Entergized Protodermis wasn't necessarily a part of the camouflage system, or at least it was implied that it wasn't (here on the archives).Anyway, it has been said other times that the Great Cataclysm caused energized protodermis to leak out and create the plant life on the island. From BS01:

[Mata Nui's] old body was equipped with a camouflage system that instantly engaged whenever he landed to observe a place. This produced an island which hid the true nature of his face. When he crash landed, the system was damaged, and Energized Protodermis leaked out, creating flora which covered the island.

Er, the Greg quote you linked contradicts the BS01 quote. It says that the plant life that was part of the system anyway but that the EP might have transformed it. It does not deny that the EP had a role; and there is a lot of that stuff in that general area. The Great Beings wouldn't put it there without a reason, although I guess the reason may not be the camouflage system. Thanks for the clarification, however.

Ah, I misinterpreted part of your first post; I thought you were saying that the EP was a the part of the camouflage system that, well, did the camouflaging, and I based my post on that. Sorry about the misunderstanding (this is why I don't make these types of posts much =P).With that clarified and the initial question answered, I'll close this.

Edited by Ziko