So with the attention this has been getting in a few blogs recently, I thought I'd make a new topic to discuss Digimon!So to start things off, I guess I'll ask - what's your favorite series? Least favorite?For me, I'd say Adventures 02 because I really liked the characters and Digimon from it. And least would be Frontier, because I still don't like how they were the Digimon.~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

"He walks among us, but he is not one of us."

Ah, Digimon. Yet another strong element of my childhood.Series 1 stands as my favourite, above all. Mainly because it was my first one and everything was so new and interesting. Not to mention Apocalymon was probably the most awesome thing in that show. After that, I'd have to say my other favourite series was 3. Was never really fond of 2. After that, I stopped watching the show.

LzcD9OS.png

I wrote stories once. They were okay.

Soooo much childhood awesomeness right here. I loved Digimon, much moreso than Pokemon. But, I was in the minority there, sadly. My favorite generally runs a tossup between Tamers and 02 (comparable to my love for Hoenn and Johto in the Pokemon games XP). 02 had a better story and was wonderful for being more expansive, yet still keeping all those great connections to 01. The Tamers storyline was slightly more morbid, but I really appreciated the sense of worldbuilding they had, plus the great plot twists.Frontier sucked, and I haven't seen any of Savers or Xross Wars, so I really need to get back on that.

Frontier sucked, and I haven't seen any of Savers or Xross Wars, so I really need to get back on that.

You definitely do need to watch Savers. The new animation approach was very refreshing and you'd probably like the more mature characters since you liked Tamers. Masaru's also the perfect amount of over-the-top you want out of your main protagonist.Xros Wars went on for too long. It had interesting designs and concepts, but was still rather "eh."~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

has Xros Wars come to america yet? i really hate watching subbed shows online...as for Savers, that season started out kinda lame but about half way through became amazing. i missed the last two episodes, i'm incredibly bummed because of it. :/Tamers was my favorite season of all time though, and Frontier being my least. Ugh Frontier...that series got really weird at the end, especially with Lucimon transforming from a harmless-looking little boy into pure nightmare fuel.

This topic so far

If a tree falls in a forest and we're too far away to hear it, did a tree fall?

Vs.

If a tree falls in a forest and we're too far away to hear it trees don't exist and never will.

(Attention=Me :b )Obviously a big fan, I've been rewatching the series and it's pretty great. Adventure and Tamers are pretty evenly scored in my opinion, though I tend to lean towards Adventure, if only because I prefer how they went about the main characters.I stopped watching Frontier around 1/3 of the way, and I've never really seen Savers, Xros Wars or Hunters. Frontier definitely sounds like the weakest of them all, though Xros Wars sounds pretty meh as well. Hunters has a Psychemon and the Red Ranger Meet-Up thing going for it, at least.Also, more Jintrix avs. Pure awesome.

Edited by dotcom

AXKP5KC.png

Back when I was 9 years old watching Season 1, I was proud to be the local Digi-nerd. I knew practically everything there was to know about the show (at the time), and I often spent hours at the playground discussing the show with my friends, theorizing what might happen next (We totally called that Kari was the 8th DigiDestined). And then my friends all got Game Boy Colors and got hooked on Pokémon instead. :CMy favorite season is Tamers, hands-down. Especially having rewatched it in the subbed version, where the story is a lot darker and there's a distinct lack of lame puns (though I did actually like those as a kid). Second and third place go to Adventure and 02, but I probably only like 02 through my rose-colored glasses of nostalgia. Objectively/Critically-speaking, it wasn't really that great overall. It never really gelled as much as Adventure, but I still like it.Frontier was pretty good, but it never really hooked me like the other seasons. I loved several of the concepts, but overall it was just way too different for me.

You definitely do need to watch Savers. The new animation approach was very refreshing and you'd probably like the more mature characters since you liked Tamers. Masaru's also the perfect amount of over-the-top you want out of your main protagonist.

As for Savers, that season started out kinda lame but about half way through became amazing.

I keep hearing it was awesome... I actually only got about halfway through before I just sort of gave up watching out of boredom. Assuming it actually does pick up and get more interesting after that point, I'm going to go rewatch/continue it when I get a chance. Thankfully, the story's still completely unspoiled for me.And Xros Wars?Ugh. I braved through a good 25 episodes of that, and I'm not sure how I could stick with it for even that long. As much as I saw, it's pretty much like any generic kids' anime based off a toy line. Which is to say, predictable, immature, and annoying with the obvious "THERE'S A TOY BASED OFF THIS" elements. In the off chance that it actually does get better, like Savers, then I might give it another chance. Otherwise, I don't really have any intention to finish the season.~ (A VTOAHMKEARH) Edited by Avohkah Tamer

I need to watch some old episodes. I found my Greymon-Metal Greymon Transformer, as well as my ExVeemon-Stingmon-theonethat'sbothofthemtogethermon Transformer, pretty cool. Gotta love the monster designs. What was that werewolf one? That was cool.I only remember the first series and a bit of the second. I'm feeling nostalgic now.- Tilius

Paildramon. And Weregarurumon. :PI'm feeling all sorts of nostalgia for the series right now. I might just go and watch Adventure and Adventure 02 in the original Japanese this summer. I have only ever watched the dub, and it has been quite a number of years, so nostalgia's probably playing a good role in me naming it my favorite series.

has Xros Wars come to america yet? i really hate watching subbed shows online...as for Savers, that season started out kinda lame but about half way through became amazing. i missed the last two episodes, i'm incredibly bummed because of it. :/Tamers was my favorite season of all time though, and Frontier being my least. Ugh Frontier...that series got really weird at the end, especially with Lucimon transforming from a harmless-looking little boy into pure nightmare fuel.

No, Xros Wars hasn't been dubbed yet... I don't mind subs too much though. You could catch those last two episodes of Savers if you don't care it's in Japanese thanks to subs. ;)

(Attention=Me :b )Obviously a big fan, I've been rewatching the series and it's pretty great. Adventure and Tamers are pretty evenly scored in my opinion, though I tend to lean towards Adventure, if only because I prefer how they went about the main characters.I stopped watching Frontier around 1/3 of the way, and I've never really seen Savers, Xros Wars or Hunters. Frontier definitely sounds like the weakest of them all, though Xros Wars sounds pretty meh as well. Hunters has a Psychemon and the Red Ranger Meet-Up thing going for it, at least.Also, more Jintrix avs. Pure awesome.

The art of the Jintrix cards is pure awesome.Hunters? Oh, right, Xros Wars "season 3." Yeah, it's not its own series like how Adventure 02 was different from Adventure. It's just Xros Wars made longer. The meet up at the end was good for what it was but very disappointing. And you'll hardly ever see Psychemon.Speaking of Xros Wars, it didn't feel like they were blatantly advertising the toys. The DigiXros gimmick was just that way to begin with. If the big discounts for them at online retailers is any indication, the toys hardly sold anyways.~|ET|~ Edited by Electric Turahk

E-T... Phone home.

The art of the Jintrix cards is pure awesome.Hunters? Oh, right, Xros Wars "season 3." Yeah, it's not its own series like how Adventure 02 was different from Adventure. It's just Xros Wars made longer. The meet up at the end was good for what it was but very disappointing. And you'll hardly ever see Psychemon.Speaking of Xros Wars, it didn't feel like they were blatantly advertising the toys. The DigiXros gimmick was just that way to begin with. If the big discounts for them at online retailers is any indication, the toys hardly sold anyways.~|ET|~

Eh, everything I've seen treats it separately, including a bunch of reliable fansites and some official sources. Plus it has a new lead and all that. It's not much, but I still treat it separately.I'm reluctant regarding Savers because its Digimon all look like mildly-boring rehashes of original Adventure Digimon. There's nothing wrong with Agumon, but then there's GeoGreymon...who's Greymon, but spikier? And with more stripes?...okay. Rize and ShineGreymon are fine, I guess. But then Gaomon and its evolutions and Lalamon and its evolutions, who are basically Gabumon and Palmon's thrown into a blender. Lalamon has the same Ultimate/Mega as Palmon for pete's sake. Falcomon is...kind of Hawkmon and Piyomon in one? Actually, Falcomon is pretty cool, though I hate how Peckmon looks. But eh, I'll guess I'll just have to see for myself.

AXKP5KC.png