To those of you from the Epics library that came here, I apologize for the delay in posting this; for those of you browsing the BBC forum, you shouldn't really care because you never heard me make the unkept promise to post this topic soon! http://www.bzpower.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/tounge2.gif Anyway, these are my MOCs for a number of characters from my epic Lightfall. The central hub for Lightfall is the review topic. If you are just looking for some MOCs to critique, feel free to jump along as I have several MOCs here I could use critique on to improve my skills. If you have been following my epic, you can tell me how the characters shped up compared to your vision of what they might have looked like. Here they are.Tignioni: For those of you oblivious to my epic, he's a Toa of Fire who hails from the Southern Continent. He came out pretty much how I wanted him to. The weapon is one of my personal favorite parts of his construction, as is the accompanying scabbard on the back. Well, I suppose it isn't a scabbard if it doesn't slide in, but you get my train of thought.GalleryFrontBackWeapon sheathedWeapon sheathed - back viewPoseSwordEmeder: He's a Toa of Air from a small island off of the Northern Continent and who's haunted by his past. This one also came out how I meant for it to. Simple, straightforward, but with a custom body.GalleryFrontBackPosePose 2Interior of custom body. Avatoran torso, Vahki hips, Inika chestplate all together in one amalgam. This is the inside so you can see how it all got fit together.Imegna: This Toa of Psionics resides in the mountains of the Northern Continent. Highly customized body.IF YOU ARE FOLLOWING THE EPIC: Do NOT look at this first. Look at my artistic rendition HERE instead. This MOC did NOT come out how I intended for her to look and you will get this radically different vision stuck in your head if you look at it first.IF YOU ARE NOT FOLLOWING THE EPIC: Go straight ahead. Comment on how the MOC turned out as a MOC, but it isn't how I envisioned the character. Tell me what you think of the custom build.FOR EVERYONE: This is purely here for the purpose of critique so that my skill my be improved; it is a blatantly inaccurate representation of the character. Now for the MOC:GalleryFrontBackSidePoseCustom Build Close-up & DeconstructionRynekaad: This Toa of Magnetism has added external armor and much of his original armor coloration has faded due to exposure to corrosive chemicals in the place he goes. He's a mercenary, but he does not see himself as a freelancer. He feels that those that are on top of society have earned their position there and that if they can afford his services, their laws deserve to be enforced, whatever those laws are. The legs have interlocking kneecaps and I expect them to be a bit controversial - they are supposed to look bulky, but I don't know if it reached a point where it actually might be detracting from the MOC. Hopefully, not. His build is very assymetrical. Backside didn't come out too well, but this still is one of my favorites in retrospect.GalleryAngle 1Angle 2FrontBackInterlocking kneecapGorrellian Hound: These Rahi will appear in a sequence in Part 4 of Lightfall. I don't feel this is really a spoiler. I was not happy with how these came out, but I had to keep constrained to the limits imposed by my fanonical description and therefore settled on this. Tell me what you think. They aren't my best Rahi MOCs, but they will give all you readers out there a little teaser of what is to come.GalleryFrontBackStalking aroundI just threw a lot of MOCs at you and you probably look like this: :dazed: Take a breather, and then tell let the reviews commence! :POnce again, if you are interested, the central hub for Lightfall is the review topic, linked up at the top here and in my sig.

Edited by Maganar

odyssey1_bannernew.jpg

Review Topic

I AM OFFICIALLY BACK! :D After 18 months on hiatus, I have returned, but I have spent that time well. If you want to see how it was spent, click on the banner to start reading the result or click on the linky-link below to get further information off of the review topic.

Tignioni looks strong and well-built, easily my favorite one. (And that's not just because of the fact that he's a Fire Toa.) The weapon is magnificent, though simply made, it looks powerful. Emeder's mask is not the best choice, makes him look a bit young. Well-made and designed, excellent use of the Bohrok eyes. A small piece that adds so much coolness. The weapon looks good with the tube thingies.I saw Imegna's art, and she looks way better in MOC form. Her drawing looked rather fat and disproportionate. Definitely my least favorite MOC here, but still good. Weapon is a bit large for a Toa of Psionics. Overall, this is what I wished canister sets could be. More uniqueness despite such a small package. I can easily imagine these kinds of MOCs being sold as sets and making millions. Oh yeah, the Gorrellian hound! Not much, really. I prefer Spinax to this. Tignioni-10/10.Emeder-8/10.Imegna-5/10.Hound-3/10, for lack of originality.

Pk57sNJ.jpg

I appreciate you thoughts. Tignioni was fun to work on and its great to know it came out well. Like I said in the main post, the weapon is one of my favorite MOC weapons I've made: simple, elegant, and teeming with elemental energy thanks to that Tahu Stars sword. For such a simple (almost Inika clone) body, I wasn't sure if it would be well-received, but you sure proved that prediction wrong! Pretty much what I expected to hear as far as the others go. The Bohrok eye was my apparently successful attempt to create a more homogenous lime/Metru green mix while still keeping a bit of class and style. I didn't think much of it at the time, but it was certainly a very effective piece usage in hindsight. Imegna's weapon was one of those things that felt like a good idea at the time...until you look at the pictures. It was a real turn-off. It's really still my only attempted feminine MOC, so it goes as a learning experience I guess. Even hearing that it was decent was good news, but your confirmation on the downsides will serve as a good reminder to me to refer to my difficulties on this one in similar future MOCs.Oh, and the Gorrellian Hound. Yeah, I made that in ten minutes with only a couple sets or so. It's only there for the people following my epic once I reach Part 4 when a bunch of those show up. It's anything but the pinnacle of creature MOCs.

Overall, this is what I wished canister sets could be. More uniqueness despite such a small package. I can easily imagine these kinds of MOCs being sold as sets and making millions.

That means a lot to me! Thanks for reviewing these, as you are the first BZP member to give me an opinion on any of my MOCs and you reviewed each one specifically and pointed out precise areas of success and failure.Also, Rynekaad has joined the MOC collection! This was definitely my favorite one to look back at in retrospect and I am eager to see what people think. I feel that it came out as one of the better ones, but I could use an opinion on the legs. I had an internal controversy over them. Additionally, the backside didn't come out as well as I'd hoped (maybe I entered Bohrok tooth mania after Emeder? :P ).Thanks! Edited by Maganar

odyssey1_bannernew.jpg

Review Topic

I AM OFFICIALLY BACK! :D After 18 months on hiatus, I have returned, but I have spent that time well. If you want to see how it was spent, click on the banner to start reading the result or click on the linky-link below to get further information off of the review topic.