Lego Island 3

Larnuu

there's...already a lego island 3... they made it in 2002... <_<

Pretty sure you're thinking of Lego island 2. :P There was no three to my knowledge.And yes, I would love love love a third, but it may be too late now as the target-age kids who know about them have outgrown it, and a return with a 3 on the end would seem confusing to new kids. A revisit of the concept under some other name could be just as good or better, though. :) (Let's face it, 2's basic concept was just an expansion, albeit cool in places, of 1's basic plot; a brand-new villain, and even new characters overall on a new island might be fresher.)

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

*points to Jamessters' link two posts above*

Island Xtreme Stunts is an action-adventurecomputer game, and the sequel to Lego Island 2: The Brickster's Revenge, making it the third game in the Lego Island series, despite dropping the original "Lego Island" title and logo from the name.

Lol, I assumed the links were about the first two. :P *bangs head on wall*Anywho, a revisit of the idea of an island with LEGO would be cool, but new characters, yeah? Not a 4, but something else. As it is, I think we've seen enough of Pepper and the Brickster, personally.

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

And yes, I would love love love a third, but it may be too late now as the target-age kids who know about them have outgrown it, and a return with a 3 on the end would seem confusing to new kids. A revisit of the concept under some other name could be just as good or better, though. :) (Let's face it, 2's basic concept was just an expansion, albeit cool in places, of 1's basic plot; a brand-new villain, and even new characters overall on a new island might be fresher.)

I played LEGO Island, and I would still play it if they made a fourth, seeing as a third already exists (I actually came here to point out the existence of Xtreme Stunts. XD).

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

• 2 weeks later...

The LEGO Island games have not aged well. Say what you like about the repetitiveness of the Traveler's Tales licensed LEGO games—I myself haven't bought one in a while for this reason—but each and every one of those games which I have played was both higher quality and genuinely more fun than LEGO Island.What I am looking forward to is LEGO City Stories, which, based on the little we know about it, seems like it will mix up the LEGO games by Traveller's Tales in a number of positive ways. For one, it's not licensed, but despite that it looks like it'll use the standard style of platforming from LEGO Star Wars and its successors, unlike the enjoyable yet easy and forgettable style of strategy gaming in LEGO Battles. Also, based on the name as well as hints at a more sandbox-style world, this seems like it may be LEGO's take on Grand Theft Auto, but as a more family friendly game which could focus as much on the civilian, law enforcement, and rescue elements as on the criminal side of things (also possibly lacking guns whatsoever, if it's really true to the LEGO theme it's based on). In other words, it sounds like LEGO Island but with a deeper world and many more choices as for what to do, instead of endlessly repeating the same boring minigames.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

I never liked LEGO Island that much. It was a cool idea, but I think games like LEGO Universe caught the idea of LEGO better, and the Traveler's Tales games are great quality, and are a better match for what LEGO Island could have and should have been. A better thing, IMO, would be a LEGO City game by Traveler's Tales.Imagine driving around town as a cop or bad guy like in GTA, or having adventures and stuff, or being creative and (maybe) online multiplayer... http://www.bzpower.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/sarcastic.gif

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.