3 Custom Masks

Voxumo

well recently i created three custom kanohi by taking a base kanohi like the kanohi kaukau nuva and then bits and pieces from masks that i have more than one copy of. i then super glue them onto the base mask and tada. normally i would have painted them but i don't know what moc will wear them and thus it would be wierd having a white mask on a moc that is green and brown. so i'm just waiting till i find the right moc then i will paint it according to the moc's color scheme. I will admit that the one that uses the gali nuva mask base it my favorite.1334984274m_DISPLAY.jpg1334981800m_DISPLAY.jpg1334981795m_DISPLAY.jpgthis specific mask already has a background all planned out for it. The character will be a order of mata-nui agent. the character that will wear will be a female which is why i gave it those pieces of the side of the mask so that it will look like hair. She will have two major injuries. one will be that she was blinded in a fight with a dark hunter where the hunter literally removed her left visual receptor which is why there is a eye patch like piece over the left eye hole of the mask. Her second injury is that the same dark hunter also threw a spear that was tipped with acid. she blocked the spear with her shield but the acid hit her original mask and ate through the mask and also reached her mouth causing unrepairable damage. due to this she lost the ability to speak, that is why there is a strip of protodermis around the mouth area of her mask. luckily her species (which are not toa) have the natural power of telepathy so she can still communicate with her team mates but it is more difficult since all order member have been taught how to shield their minds. for her to enter another members mind she must speak a single word that only a order member would know. she also has a large gap on the right upper part of the mask. when i built this mask i knew i immediately wanted it to look battle scarred and worn as if it has seen many battles. So i think i hit the mark right on the head.1334982080m_SPLASH.jpg

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

That tan one is definitely my favourite, even if simply because the colours go together well. I understand you don't want to paint the others yet, but I would have liked to see a more complete version, and possibly a creation to go with it. I'm still a little unsure about my feelings on cutting masks (especially old ones, and most particularly silver kakamas), but I think these turned out well. The cut lines could have been smoother; try cutting off the excess fringe and if possible use some kind of modelling clay to smooth the gaps between parts to make it more natural. I'm afraid I've never tried anything like this myself so I can't give specifics, but there are plenty of tutorials on creating custom Lego parts. Best of luck!

tumblr_inline_n50tp1mirL1r0vgjj.gif
「どこに行けばいいんだ・・・」「タ・コロ村はもうおしまいだ・・・」タ・コロ村の村人達
hey it's Studio Comic

That tan one is definitely my favourite, even if simply because the colours go together well. I understand you don't want to paint the others yet, but I would have liked to see a more complete version, and possibly a creation to go with it. I'm still a little unsure about my feelings on cutting masks (especially old ones, and most particularly silver kakamas), but I think these turned out well. The cut lines could have been smoother; try cutting off the excess fringe and if possible use some kind of modelling clay to smooth the gaps between parts to make it more natural. I'm afraid I've never tried anything like this myself so I can't give specifics, but there are plenty of tutorials on creating custom Lego parts. Best of luck!

thanks but if i included creations then these would fall under the Bionicle based Creations. I specifically asked about that and was told they belong here. i actually don't have any mocs for them just yet but i plan to. and i'm getting new paint soon too actual paint meant for plastic instead of paint meant for wood so that will help

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.