Worst Mask Design

Dwanny

It surprises me this hasn't been made yet.Title speaks for itself.I personally think the 2008 Akaku was a pretty lame excuse for a kopaka mask.First of all, they switched the place of the telescopic eye. Wa's up wit da?!Also, it doesnt quite have the complex feel that the original Akaku, or the organic/bionic feel of the akaku nuva.Altogether, it was a disappointment.

I actually don't like the 2002 Akaku Nuva that much. It just looks kind of… mushy to me.Actually I feel that's true for all of the original Kanohi Nuva to some extent. Kinda big and not enough sharp lines, especially when compared to the previous versions.

OpAXNpl.jpg

Gali's '08 mask, obviously. I also didn't really like any of the other '08 masks, with the exception of Photok's and Solek's. It just seemed like they had ceased to be, well, masks by that point. I agree with Bfahome about the Nuva masks, I never really liked their design (especially compared to their '01 versions) and they're mostly too big to make decent MOCs with. The exception is the Miru, whose design I really like for some reason.The Inika masks are kinda 50-50 for me. There's plenty negative about them - they really don't suit their characters, they have rather unattractive designs, overall, not to mention that they're made of rubber, for cryin' out loud, and don't fit on conventional heads...On the plus side, though, when you look at them in a vacuum, they're not that bad - the Kadin, Sanok, and Iden actually have pretty decent designs, just not for their particular character.Also the Garai. It's not even a mask! It's a helmet!

Edited by Βalta

Q2TtLEz.png

All of the Kanohi Nuva were disgusting, but I thought that the Hau Nuva especially looked like a belligerent, screaming, and incredibly fat old lady. At least some of the others were more sleek and could be utilized as armor or something.

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

I actually like the 2002 Nuva masks. The 2008 Nuva masks however were terrible. In order from best to worst, Kopaka, Pohatu, Lewa, Onua, Tahu, GaliAlso the Mistika Makuta's masks weren't even masks they were heads!

:smiletol: I am Takanui Nuva. The Toa Nuva of Light :smiletol:
11.gifI also go by Baron Von Brickenstein 11.gif

AFOL, Gamer and overall nice person.

The Mistika Kanohi were generally disappointing. I'm still not fond of the Kaukau or Pakari, but the Hau has grown on me. The Crast, Felnas, and Mohtrek are still too strange for me to think of as masks.I don't dislike them, but the base Kanohi Nuva are indeed a bit big and too... bumpy. Having gotten a lot of them a few months ago I was reminded of this. I don't think the departure from the sharp lines of the original masks is a bad thing, but they did go a little overboard. Especially on the Pakari Nuva, which is probably my least favorite of them all.~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

"He walks among us, but he is not one of us."

Hahli Inika's Kanohi. I can't recall the name, but it's design was terrible. I loved her design and character, but that mask was the downfall of that set.

On the day the wall came down / They threw the locks onto the ground

And with glasses high / We raised a cry / For freedom had arrived

On the day the wall came down / The ship of fools had finally run aground

Promises lit up the night / Like paper doves in flight

I dreamed you had left my side / No warmth, not even pride remained

And even though you needed me / It was clear that I could not do a thing for you

Now life devalues day by day / As friends and neighbors turn away

And there's a change that even with regret / Cannot be undone

Now frontiers shift like desert sands / While nations wash their bloodied hands

Of loyalty, of history / In shades of grey

I woke to the sound of drums / The music played, the morning sun streamed in

I turned and I looked at you / And all but the bitter residues slipped away

slipped away...

the original hau is hideous http://www.bzpower.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/sarcastic.gif

How dare you criticize the best mask ever made? :PAnyway, I never liked the Kakama Nuva. It looks like a pug´s or a bulldog´s face to me. :wacko: Not to mention that it doesn´t look like the Kakama at all.-Gata signoff.jpg Edited by Gatanui

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

the original hau is hideous http://www.bzpower.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/sarcastic.gif

How dare you criticize the best mask ever made? :PAnyway, I never liked the Kakama Nuva. It looks like a pug´s or a bulldog´s face to me. :wacko: Not to mention that it doesn´t look like the Kakama at all.-Gata signoff.jpg
I do not have any proof that this is true, but i think the kakama nuva originally wasn't intended to be the kakama nuva.Something i saw in the BIONICLE encyclopedia kinda made me think: the kakama nuva was replaced (accidentally) by a brown Miru Nuva.And then i thought: Hey, the more i think about it, the Miru Nuva looks a lot more like the original kakama than the kakama nuva.For an instance, it has those (sort of) sticking out bits at the base, and it still shows little indents where the two holes where.I have nothing to back this up; this is just a stab in the dark.

How dare you criticize the best mask ever made? :PAnyway, I never liked the Kakama Nuva. It looks like a pug´s or a bulldog´s face to me. :wacko: Not to mention that it doesn´t look like the Kakama at all.-Gata signoff.jpg
I do not have any proof that this is true, but i think the kakama nuva originally wasn't intended to be the kakama nuva.Something i saw in the BIONICLE encyclopedia kinda made me think: the kakama nuva was replaced (accidentally) by a brown Miru Nuva.And then i thought: Hey, the more i think about it, the Miru Nuva looks a lot more like the original kakama than the kakama nuva.For an instance, it has those (sort of) sticking out bits at the base, and it still shows little indents where the two holes where.I have nothing to back this up; this is just a stab in the dark.
It may be a concidence, after all, the Kaukau Nuva reminds many people of the Hau, too.-Gata signoff.jpg

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

I'll have to admit that one of the worst masks is the face/mask worn by Maxilos. It's basically a unoriginally inspired altered kanohi hau with added breathing apparatus and searchlights.most of the 2008 toa nuva mask were pretty bad as well, especially gali with her crude "waffle eyed bunny eared" mask

Edited by .-:Kopaka Nuva:-.

qs3135.jpg

...I want to say the Mistika masks, but everyone else is. To maintain my status as a hipster, I'll have to go against the flow and choose other masks!Well, the Olmak was ridiculously huge, which while it was appropriate for Brutaka, looked absolutely laughable on any MOC of a smaller size. The Inika masks were of a poor design, due to the fact they weren't compatible on any other Bionicle heads. Finally, the Garai was just unfortunate, due to how it would only work on the Metru-head, left the lower half of the head completely exposed and looked more like elephant ears than anything else, to me.

LzcD9OS.png

I wrote stories once. They were okay.

I'll have to admit that one of the worst masks is the face/mask worn by Maxilos. It's basically a unoriginally inspired altered kanohi hau with added breathing apparatus and searchlights.

You just explained why it's awesome. :P

...I want to say the Mistika masks, but everyone else is. To maintain my status as a hipster, I'll have to go against the flow and choose other masks!Well, the Olmak was ridiculously huge, which while it was appropriate for Brutaka, looked absolutely laughable on any MOC of a smaller size. The Inika masks were of a poor design, due to the fact they weren't compatible on any other Bionicle heads. Finally, the Garai was just unfortunate, due to how it would only work on the Metru-head, left the lower half of the head completely exposed and looked more like elephant ears than anything else, to me.

I'm sorry, did you say . . . elephant ears?Anyway, bit disappointed by all the hate on the Nuva Masks. Personally, their smooth shapes with all those bumps seemed logical given the Energized Protodermis. I liked them a fair bit, overall.I'd say the worst mask is Vezon's Ignika, if only because it looks freakishly warped and thin.~B~

hau mistika is my worst mask of all time.

Honestly Tahu Mistika's mask has always reminded me of Optimus Prime. My most hated mask would probably be Gohrast's, and if you don't count that as a mask it would be Vamprah's. The only ones of the 2002 Nuva masks I realy don't like are Gali's (it looks like a pig face) and Kopaka's (it's just stupid).

I wasn't ever a real fan of the Toa Inika masks, but it wasn't a real problem for me.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

I thought Onua Mistika's Pakari worked...as a Kraahkan. Seriously. I overall have always disliked any mask which were designed to work as faces for a particular set and thus had odd connection points. The Makuta Mistika masks are of course the most blatant example (their connection points were not designed for any standard heads, but were essentially the face), along with the Garai. It made for a much reduced potential for usage on other sets/other applications.

Edited by Ernst Stavro Blofeld

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/sprxtrerme/BANNERS/thornax.swf

If you're severely addicted to copying and pasting things into your signature, copy and paste this into your signature.

Then call rehab.

With so many masks, there are quite a few I really don't like.The Noble Mahiki: I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the design of the Great Mahiki, it's so simple, yet so cool looking. It reminds me of a Japanese Tokusatsu Superhero or something. But I never liked the Noble variant. It looks too...weird. The seemingly random lines (pipes?) combined with that rectangular mouth killed it for me. (Not that I have anything against rectangular mouths in general, it just looks pretty bad on this particular mask.) Also, it's shaped weird.The Kakama Nuva: I love the standard Kakama design, but the Nuva looks like a dog. And not even a threatening dog. I'm talking one of those ugly-and-yet-somehow-cute dogs.The Garai: it's a friggin' helmet. With fin-like...things on the side.The Akaku Phantoka: It still bothers me that the scope/eyepiece switched sides.The Kaukau Mistika: I think I speak for a lot of people. And yet again with liking other variants of the disliked mask in question, I love the original Kaukau's design (It actually LOOKS like a water-breathing mask, and a pretty cool one at that), and the Nuva design isn't half bad, but I HATE the Mistika design for the same reasons everyone else does.

Edited by Shinken Green