Exo-Force Discussion

joev14

640px-Exo-Force_Graphiti_Logo.jpg

Hey everyone, so I've been poking around a bit, and it seems that the old exo-force discussions are old and I probably shouldn't reopen the discussion, so I've decided to start a new one. I'm trying to gather together all the exo-force fans still out there to talk about stuff in a skype group, whether it's canon or fan-made. I want to talk to other people, I know I'm not the only one! :) I recently dug up my exo-force sets from the basement (I'm one of the few people who can say they own every flippin set, and have 75% of the boxes), I put them back together, seems to me like they've still got all their pieces, though I didn't try to piece the Sentai Fortress or the Sentai Golden Tower back together (the buildings are the most fragile). A few problems I noticed were that of the 12 light bricks I have, only 2 of them are still at full brightness, 8 are very dim, and 2 of them are completely dead. Anyone got any suggestions as to how I could maybe pry it open and replace the battery or bulb, whichever one has died, or if there's somewhere I can buy them fully-powered in bulk for a reasonable price. If you know anything, please let me know! I am currently the owner of the exo-force wiki as well, and I've recently been working on it, I've posted download links for the original comics (0-39), and I've been writing my own fanfic of an ending to the series as comic 40, and my own fanfic book series. Come and join me in my discussion either on the wiki or a skype group if I can get enough people together! :biggrin:The Exo-Force Wiki -> http://exo-force.wik.../Exo-Force_Wiki (perms given by B6)So I found these really cool little cubee craft exo-force figs, and made the Hikaru one, they're adorable :3dscn1532.jpg_thumb.jpghttp://www.brickshel...six-d4eznm4.png (that's the print file that you can use to make this)Credit to: randyfivesixSince this seems to be getting of slow, lets start this topic off with a question to get the discussion goingWhat was your favorite battle machine, and your favorite character? (and why?).(My apologies if I've broken any rules, please post here if I've broken any rules, I've been told the rules about links are very strict, so I hope I haven't broken any).

Edited by joev14

Oh, cool. Thanks for reposting the topic, seems my old one has died (funeral's in a few days)Favorite battle machine... I always liked the Stealth Hunter and the Silent Strike, the latter my favorable cause of its cool design and blue coloring. Robot-wise, either the Fire Vulture or the Sonic Phantom, both being really cool set that I never bought (to my dismay) as they had those cool, new (at the time) circular vent pieces, and cool multi-colored robots.By the way, did anyone else get a silver robot in their Iron Condor set from 2007? I asked Lego about it 2 years ago, and they said it was a weird shipment of only 10,000 sets in the world which had it, and I happened to get one (so kinda rare) and I was offered a free red robot torso to replace it. It was kinda cool, I guess.

dat_logo_newer.png

qs56078.jpg
 My Brickshelf, please don't copy!

... :t: :b: :m_o: :c:...

Looking for shiny Regirock, Articuno, and Virizion!

(Can trade most any legendary for them!)

My 3DS friend list is full, sorry!

I didn't get one, didn't even know they had those :P also, my favorite BM, I can't pick xD, so I'll pick one from each year, in the Split Mountain Era, probably the MDT or maybe the Silent Strike. For the Golden City Era, definatly the Aero Booster, that thing is so cool :)

I didn't get one, didn't even know they had those :P also, my favorite BM, I can't pick xD, so I'll pick one from each year, in the Split Mountain Era, probably the MDT or maybe the Silent Strike. For the Golden City Era, definatly the Aero Booster, that thing is so cool :)

I really liked the Golden Guardian, I remember getting it on sale for about $15 USD. That thing had washing machines for legs, I swear. I felt like it really got overshadowed by having like, 60 others hidden in the town, but it was still cool and all.Golden City sets... Shadow Crawler will always be the best robot one IMO, with the energy bubble in the back, the colored robot, just the design is so cool. I'm certainly glad I got it.Oh, and about the Iron Condor thing, it was really weird. I called Lego about it, and they said they haven't heard about that in years (at the time of calling, which was 2010) and that only 10,00 worldwide had that mess up. Kinda cool, thinking I had a rarer version of the set than normal. Edited by T.B.O.C

dat_logo_newer.png

qs56078.jpg

Actually there were only 4 other golden guardians :P it's shown in the comics, but I agree. And yes it did have washing machines for feet xP. And by silver, do you mean just a normal silver devastator? cuz I got the same kind that comes with the claw crusher with my iron condor, and according to box that's the one it was supposed to come with.EDIT: I just looked at the online photo and you're right, it is supposed to be red, I never knew that :P So can I just call lego and have them send me a replacement?Also about the shadow crawler, if you look in the exo-force comics you see a ton of clips that show 4-legged shadow crawlers, I wonder if lego had the comics pre-made and then changed the design of the set to three legs and forgot/decided not to change the comics...Four-legged_Shadow_Crawler.jpgAnother Edit: You got skype? I'd like to add you to the exo-force chat :)

Edited by bonesiii
Please keep your language use appropriate. -bones

Actually there were only 4 other golden guardians :P it's shown in the comics, but I agree. And yes it did have washing machines for feet xP. And by silver, do you mean just a normal silver devastator? cuz I got the same kind that comes with the claw crusher with my iron condor, and according to box that's the one it was supposed to come with.EDIT: I just looked at the online photo and you're right, it is supposed to be red, I never knew that :P So can I just call lego and have them send me a replacement?Also about the shadow crawler, if you look in the exo-force comics you see a ton of clips that show 4-legged shadow crawlers, I wonder if lego had the comics pre-made and then changed the design of the set to three legs and forgot/decided not to change the comics...Four-legged_Shadow_Crawler.jpgAnother Edit: You got skype? I'd like to add you to the exo-force chat :)

Yeah, it was a silver devastator. Not sure about replacements, as I called 2 years ago, but it's worth a try. The Shadow Crawler thing is weird, but it is probably easier to draw it as a 4 legged being.and yeah, I have a skype, but I don't use it much. I'll see about being added to the chat. Edited by bonesiii

dat_logo_newer.png

qs56078.jpg

I've recently found a ton of info on the pre-exo-force developement phase, it's original working name was BattlePeak, based of the idea that there's a mountain split in two by strange energies. There are loads of concept art drawings, adding them to the wiki :)

Hmmmm....I've gotten 3 or 4 of the sets, but one that I wanted that I never got was from the first generation.......It was a robot-driven one that looked like it was carrying gas tanks. I forgot the name of it, though.

rsz_screenshot_from_un_chien_andalou.jpg
My Writing Blog (more writing coming soon!)

My Bionicle/LEGO Blog (defunct)

Hyfudiar on Spotify (noise/drone/experimental music)

Hmmmm....I've gotten 3 or 4 of the sets, but one that I wanted that I never got was from the first generation.......It was a robot-driven one that looked like it was carrying gas tanks. I forgot the name of it, though.

How many legs?

Favorite battle machine? Probably Stealth Hunter or Grand Titan.Also, does anyone have a link to the rest of the Cubeecrafts? I love those things.

Comics coming eventually: The Bionicles Try to Run A House

Upcoming MOCs: Sir Lesovikk, New Tokotoru.

Current MOCs: ROTF Ravage.

Dead MOCs: The Tokotoru, this fire monster, this turtle.

This topic. Love it and cherish it. Do it for the lulz.

Favorite battle machine? Probably Stealth Hunter or Grand Titan.Also, does anyone have a link to the rest of the Cubeecrafts? I love those things.

http://exo-force.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:Joev14/Exo-Force_Cubee_Crafts You can get them all here :3

How many legs?
He's most likely talking about "Fire Vulture"Does anyone else think it's rather epic that FaberFiles also has preliminary Exo-Force pics? Really brings back some memories.

dat_logo_newer.png

qs56078.jpg

How many legs?
He's most likely talking about "Fire Vulture"Does anyone else think it's rather epic that FaberFiles also has preliminary Exo-Force pics? Really brings back some memories.
I think it's great. It would be interesting to make a moc of the early battle machine concept art.

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

Ah, Exo-Force. Ever so good memories of that line. I loved it so. The first year was without a doubt the best. The Sentai Fortress is probably the most expensive Lego set I've every bought but was still perfectly impressive. If only it didn't shatter that one time as I tried to move it...Now it's just pieces...My favourite mecha was probably...Hm, Bridge Walker I'd say. Who couldn't love that thing? It just looked fiercesome and intimidating but a completely wantable set! If only he had leg articulation to back up that whole "Walker" part of his name.

Edited by Grimoire Albastru

LzcD9OS.png

I wrote stories once. They were okay.

Ah, Exo-Force. Ever so good memories of that line. I loved it so. The first year was without a doubt the best. The Sentai Fortress is probably the most expensive Lego set I've every bought but was still perfectly impressive. If only it didn't shatter that one time as I tried to move it...Now it's just pieces...My favourite mecha was probably...Hm, Bridge Walker I'd say. Who couldn't love that thing? It just looked fiercesome and intimidating but a completely wantable set! If only he had leg articulation to back up that whole "Walker" part of his name.

I totally agree, xD the sentai fortress is way to fragile. Though I agree that it should have leg articulation, I see why lego decided not to add that, it wouldn't take very long for the hinges to wear out, and then it would just fall over every time you try to set it up.

Does anyone else think it's rather epic that FaberFiles also has preliminary Exo-Force pics? Really brings back some memories.

yes, I saw those, I never knew exo-force's working name was Battlepeak, I actually kind of like the ring of that a bit more then I like exo-force xD I've posted some of the artwork on the wiki, and I wanted to link there, but unless I'm mistaken you aren't allowed to link, or even mention blog sites like that...I recently ordered the exo-force books from the library, and got all except #4: Ghost of the Past (which happens to be my favorite :() today. I remember very well the first, fourth, and fifth book storylines, but not so much books 2 and 3, so I'll be able to read them and add to the summary pages of those books on the wiki. Also got the Secret of the Golden Tower Puzzle Adventure Book, haven't read that one yet, so it'll be interesting whether or not lego just took exo-force and made a little-kid styled book or if it'll actually be a book aimed at an older audience. :) Edited by joev14

• 3 weeks later...

-> http://exo-force.wik..._Exo-Force_BookBasically Book 2 is just a compilation of comics 18-26, when the humans fight the striking venom, there's barely anything new, even the pictures are the same as the comicsBook 3 is almost the same, it's a compilation of comics 27-29, when the humans travel to the golden city, there are a few new pictures and the fight scenes are a little more detailed, but not by much.Book 4 is my absolute favorite, it's got a tint of horror in it that makes it so cool. It starts at comic 30, and almost would look like another copy of the comics, but it's not. Ha-Ya-To has just gotten to the Golden City, and is attacked by an Iron Condor while in his Gate Defender. He's used up almost all his energy on the way to the Golden City that he's almost defeated, but Hikaru saves him. HYT goes to Ryo, asking for a battle machine that will be faster and better in battle then his puny little Gate Defender. Ryo reveals the Aero Booster to him, and tells him where the next codebrick is. It's in a deep abandoned underground lab, and HYT goes to retrieve it, but is followed by a Shadow Crawler, I won't tell you anymore or it would ruin the story :PBook 5 isn't written by Greg Farshtey, and it's very noticeable because this author (Allison Leiseur), totally screws up the canon stuff. She has 3 Mobile Devastators in the book, and has several other things in it that conflict with the rest of the storyline. It's a good book action/adventure-wise, but it doesn't follow the canon right.

Edited by joev14

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone else just had a random surge of wanting to complete your Exo-Force collection? I kind of want to finish my 2006 collections, but alas, Ninjago is taking all my money... maybe next year.

dat_logo_newer.png

qs56078.jpg

Has anyone else just had a random surge of wanting to complete your Exo-Force collection? I kind of want to finish my 2006 collections, but alas, Ninjago is taking all my money... maybe next year.
Not really. I already have most of the Exo-Force sets I feel I need (which is to say, at least one vehicle for each version of each pilot). While there are some sets I regret not getting, such as Bridge Walker vs. White Lightning, I can't say I have any overwhelming desire for them today.

Not really. I already have most of the Exo-Force sets I feel I need (which is to say, at least one vehicle for each version of each pilot). While there are some sets I regret not getting, such as Bridge Walker vs. White Lightning, I can't say I have any overwhelming desire for them today.
I never got Gate Defense, Thunder Fury, Fire Vulture, and Sonic Phantom. So, my robot forces are about 1 Sentry and the Striking Venom. Sadly, the robot sets I didn't get were some of my favorite ones from that year. A shame...

dat_logo_newer.png

qs56078.jpg

I used to really like Exo-Force, but i only got 3 sets. Did Exo-Force actually have an ending, or did Lego just cancel it in the middle of the action?
Exo-Force's conclusion was left open-ended during its third year. It's such a shame because you could tell there were mysteries that were supposed to be explained in the jungle and weren't, such as Meca One's origins. Exo-Force's lackluster ending is part of the reason I was so glad that BIONICLE's main saga was given a proper conclusion, even if some new plot threads continued to emerge and other older plot threads were left unresolved.It looks like Ninjago's story will also be getting a proper conclusion when it ends, since as with BIONICLE the whole story has been leading up to a final battle with the main villain (in this case, Lord Garmadon). So I dare say TLG probably learned their lesson from Exo-Force, which they didn't conclude definitively at all, and BIONICLE, which they had to conclude hastily in a way that disappointed many people. Hopefully we won't see a similar conclusion to a major story theme again in the future.

I used to really like Exo-Force, but i only got 3 sets. Did Exo-Force actually have an ending, or did Lego just cancel it in the middle of the action?
Unfortunately, EF's story was never concluded. I am currently writing my own ending now, for my news station on the LEGO MBs.

SpecOperations9.jpg

Feel free to friend me!

no :(One of the saddest things Lego did to that theme was give it a fairly lame ending (IMO) by just letting you make one up. I mean, that's cool ad all, but some sort of good ending wouldn't have made it so bad...

dat_logo_newer.png

qs56078.jpg

I've always wondered why Exo-Force suddenly ended. There were so many possible things that could have happened to the story if it was still around. Did the heroes find the Sensei guy (I forgot his name)? Did Meca One defeat the Exo-Force team? It's a bit sad that it ended with so many mysteries hanging around...

Edited by FF Ice Master

pWPTu7m.jpg

I've always wondered why Exo-Force suddenly ended. There were so many possible things that could have happened to the story if it was still around. Did the heroes find the Sensei guy (I forgot his name)? Did Meca One defeat the Exo-Force team? It's a bit sad that it ended with so many mysteries hanging around...
It ended, quite simply, because the sales dropped off partway through the second year and didn't pick up again. I too was disappointed with the end of the theme, not only because the story was left unresolved, but also because the year 3 sets were fantastic and seemed to be a return-to-form for the theme after the somewhat lackluster sets of the second year. The Golden City color scheme was cool at first, but by the end of that year it started to make the sets less diverse (and that wasn't helped by the builds of many sets being so similar). The final wave brought back the bright colors and diverse builds of the first year of sets, and I had hoped that the summer sets would continue that trend. Unfortunately, such a thing was not to be.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Exo-Force was sort of a "phase" that I went through, for a while when I'd lost interest in Bionicle for a bit (don't worry, it's back in full force now). Anyway, during that period me and my younger brother did get really invested in the Exo-Force line, it seemed like a fairly inventive spin on the "robot takeover" scenario.My favorite human battle machine is easy to pick out: Stealth Hunter, because it's basically a giant robot ninja, how cool is that?My favorite robot one would be the Shadow Crawler, it was just a really creative design.

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

My fave character was Takeshi, but I always wondered why Hitomi had Goku's hair.
The spiky black hair was actually used even before Hitomi for an unnamed character (nicknamed "Genki" by some fans) in the set 7706 Mobile Defense Tank from the year 2006. That hair is a nice piece, since there are a lot of LEGO themes where the brightly-colored hair of most characters would stick out like a sore thumb.

My fave character was Takeshi, but I always wondered why Hitomi had Goku's hair.
The spiky black hair was actually used even before Hitomi for an unnamed character (nicknamed "Genki" by some fans) in the set 7706 Mobile Defense Tank from the year 2006. That hair is a nice piece, since there are a lot of LEGO themes where the brightly-colored hair of most characters would stick out like a sore thumb.
I thought Hitomi had Hikarus hair.

Signature Guidelines: Avatar and signature total file size may not exceed 250 KB!

Yes, but when that piece is colored black, it looks like Goku's hair.

aouROFb.png

Yes, but when that piece is colored black, it looks like Goku's hair.
Oh right I see.

Signature Guidelines: Avatar and signature total file size may not exceed 250 KB!

I thought he was referenced as Genki in one of the comics. I'm not sure though, I should go check...

dat_logo_newer.png

qs56078.jpg

I thought he was referenced as Genki in one of the comics. I'm not sure though, I should go check...
Nope. If I remember correctly, Genki was just the name of a character who ended up dropped before the theme debuted, and fans reassigned the name to that unnamed soldier. The name's no more official than Doctor Whooves.

Nope. If I remember correctly, Genki was just the name of a character who ended up dropped before the theme debuted, and fans reassigned the name to that unnamed soldier. The name's no more official than Doctor Whooves.
:lol: you just made my day with a pony reference.

dat_logo_newer.png

qs56078.jpg

:lol: you just made my day with a pony reference.
I live to please. :)

Oh man...good memories. I always liked Takeshi ('cause green's my favorite color, and he was shown with a katana in the comics. I've always been a fan of swordsmen.), but I only ever got the Stealth Hunter, the Grand Titan, the Uplink, the Sentry, and the big red and black one with the silver robot pilot (forgot what it was called). So I was just missing Hayato. My friend had him though, so we should've brought them together and played XD...but alas, I started to feel too old for toys in late '06...Exo-Force was a fun line while I liked it, though.I even used to RP with my friends over IM, creating my own character, Shintaro. (Ryo's body+Hikaru's face+Takeshi's hair=Shintaro. That's it. I think I saw a frame in a comic with multiple Uplinks attacking one bigger robot BM, plus the fact that Genki wears the same orange outfit as Ryo, I assumed it was the "Generic Soldier" uniform. Like the redshirts, only...orange. I meant for him to be a generic orange-shirt.) And he had a very unoriginal Battle Machine that was a mix of the Stealth Hunter and Grand Titan, and probably a Toa Tool or two. I believe I called it the Headhunter.Good times...shame to find out it never got a proper ending.

Edited by Shinken Green