IIMT - Tapika's Comic Emporium

toastergrl

Oh. It's you. It's been a long time. How have you been? I've been really busy being dead. You know... after you murdered me.Strangely fitting quote aside, it has indeed been quite a while. Welcome back.-----------------------------------tapikascomicemporiumheader.pngWelcome to my Comic Emporium.I've been around for quite a while. My 5 year Olmak certainly says something about that, at least. I've had ups and downs, disagreements, good comics and bad. I've been part of two continuities and a group. But I've made tons of friends, and for that, I am greatful.So I present to you the fruits of my labour.My comics.-----------------------------------4imtlogo.pngRecently I've been looking at the past. And I miss some aspects, while I detest others. Wouldn't it be great to just have a silly series again? One that isn't all plot, or silence, or in a different language, or with unoriginal characters, or a choose-your-own-adventure series.Let me tell you this.I made this.Again.A spiritual sequel to one of my former series, IIMT revolves around the antics of one matoran named Tapika, trying to become a comic maker in a strange society on the island of Taone Nui. This series is part of the ICC, and follows on from the events of Private Eye Tapika.-----------------------------------Archivial TopicCompendium One - IntroductionCompendium Two - VillainDarcsyde's BirthdayGavla's BirthdayNot all comics are available via the front page as of yet! They have and will be posted in the topic weekly. More compendiums will be available as soon as enough have been released.-----------------------------------1biosolarius000.pngWelcome to the stable orbit of Solarius...As an unwilling Traveller she seeks refuge among the stars. But as she approaches a lone star in a near empty region of space, the star once known as Solarius erupts in a massive display of light. As she comes to terms with both past and future she uncovers an unravelling mystery, the sheer scale of which almost uncomprehensible...-----------------------------------1. Antecedent1. Supernova2. Unkown Observer3. A Mistake and a Mystery4. Memories of a past unlived5. Orbiting Fortress6. Twin Impacts7. Asteroid belt8. Leaving behind----------------------------------3privatetapimg.pngThe dangerous city of Vadintona, on the island of Taone Nui, is in chaos. A dangerous criminal mastermind, on the loose within its walls. Planning an attack upon those outside its perimeters.An unlucky detective. Unwittingly pulled into a conflict he has no right to be in, beckoned by the thrill of being a detective. Danger around every corner.This is not his world.------------------------------------Chronicle 1 - The Knife#001. Exposition#002. Poles#003. Waterworks------------------------------------ANYTHING ELSES: HAVE A MERRY CHRISTMASS: UNWRAP.DULCE ET DECORUM EST schoolwork------------------------------------boardwalk_award.pngthe_hand_of_nova.pngnoaward_award_ii.png------------------------------------I hope you enjoy my series!Thank you for all these years. =)~Tapikalogothesequel.png

Edited by Tapika

tumblr_mrji0oZwlq1sqiy2ho1_400.png

4imt031.png Here's some new content. Thanks Gav! I bake these cakes with love. Except they're not cakes. Because if they were cakes, they would be lies. Nope, CHTrilogy- Homestuck was merely an inspiration for some of these comics.

You portray Gerliky's character so well. And like I told Kahi, good vocab makes a good comic. I love it! And Gerk is definitely talking to me. :P

Hah, thanks you guys! Didn't think this topic would pick up steam this quickly. Although I am sadly announcing that there will only be one comic a week from now. I can't put 2 comics up a week, or I'll keep on exhausting my supply and having to keep on going on hiatus! And if I go on hiatus now, I may never kickstart again... Also, funfact: I deliberately trawled through Google Images to get that laptop in the comic because it was the laptop I had. However, I just realised that that comic was no longer topical - I have an entirely different laptop now! :P

Hah, thanks you guys! Didn't think this topic would pick up steam this quickly. Although I am sadly announcing that there will only be one comic a week from now. I can't put 2 comics up a week, or I'll keep on exhausting my supply and having to keep on going on hiatus! And if I go on hiatus now, I may never kickstart again... Also, funfact: I deliberately trawled through Google Images to get that laptop in the comic because it was the laptop I had. However, I just realised that that comic was no longer topical - I have an entirely different laptop now! :P

The Gurk comic was hilarious. I don't know him very well but it seemed quite appropriate. :D Once a week is fine by me, since you've got quite the high level of graphic quality going into these. :pirate:

Advertisment is key to keeping the buisness going round. That said - Can you mirror my tactic, please? With delicious in-canon advertisment please? :P Also yeah it is kind of strange how he uses Bishade when he invented Hexashade. He always says it's a hassle though. I guess.

It's like if Thomas Edison used whale oil lamps instead of the lightbulb. I lol'd at the first comic. Especially the whiteboard with the perks of ICC-ness. And I agree with Shad about the mystery kit.

You guys are aware that more shades doesn't automatically make a kit better, right? Chimoru is a very flawed kit no matter what; having six shades just makes it shinier and harder to recolor. Gurky was clearly going for a simplistic visual style with Spoofquest, so I really don't see what's so strange about him using bishade. :mellow:

RksnKgM.jpg

4imt034.pngSeems my post that was dripping with compliments was deleted. Shame. Since I didn't back it up all I can say is that I agree with Lime Paradox. That said, I have my assumptions, but in the greater intrests of this community I shall not reveal them.Anyways, this comic has gained an extra level of hilarity for me since its topicality has been brought into question. I made this comic in April, when Portal 2 was released. April. It's now November, and only a few days away from Sonic Generation's UK release. I suppose I could have edited it to show that, but that could have been a bit of a cop out, seeing as the game isn't out yet here.Plus it goes against my mantra, and that mantra is to always fix issues with a comic in a way that requires the least amount of effort. Edited by Tapika

The thing that comes to mind when reading these is my previous Wun Shaed Chimroru story arc.I doubt that's the kit, though. :P

I loved Gerlicky's reaction, "Why didn't I think of that?"Also, OMG! THE SUSPENSE!-- :ruru: Edited by Piraka~Mistika

banner.jpg

Plus it goes against my mantra, and that mantra is to always fix issues with a comic in a way that requires the least amount of effort.

Hey, it's not like we're getting paid to do this, right? Especially since you signed away all merchandising rights a few comics back... :PAh, I missed these. Great to see them back!

If you want to see what became of me... I became a brony fan fiction writer.

I actually intended Gerlicky as taking the gun off the very terrible person, but honestly your interpretation makes much more sense.Banned members are not to be discussed. -B6

Weird. I could've sworn he was a very TREACHEROUS person. :shrugs:Also lol totally anticlimactic how we just didn't find out the kit. Edited by Black Six

Outdated sig is outdated.