Your Desktop Background?

Veeci

I believe the title is self explanatory. The old forums had a quite successful topic of the same kind, so I thought I would recreate it here. Here's my current one. Please use links or thumbnails to decrease load times. Thank You!

Edited by Vorox Chief

Imagine, a room, awash in gasoline. And there are two implacable enemies in that room. One of them has nine-thousand matches. The other has seven-thousand matches. Each of them is concerned about who's ahead, who's stronger. - Carl Sagan
Formerly Vorox Chief.

[size=4][color=#FF0000][color=#000000]Formerly known as ROTF Devastator[/color][/color][/size]
Kittiez sigpet made by Mr Nebby
[img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/vakama18/Stuff/shockwave_sig.jpg[/img][img]http://www.majhost.com/gallery/Nrdy/Kittiez/W1/tabby.png[/img]

• 2 weeks later...

I have a collection of awesome looking starships from Star Trek Online. Took the screenshots myself.

~Avatar's original image was made by the incomparable Egophiliac.~

~Electronic Manic Supersonic Bionic Energy~

f9Qcky7.png

~"If I am afraid of criticism, I won't be able to challenge anything new." - BoA~

Oh yeah, I remember this topic. Here is my current desktop.Here is the one I had back when the old topic was up. Same premise, different background :D

gckrastin_banner.png

Researchers in the U.K. have developed a vegetable called “super broccoli” designed to fight heart disease. Not to be outdone, researchers in America have developed a way to stuff an Oreo inside another Oreo.

Hello there, I am a brony!

:D

Well, I change it pretty often, but I've been sticking to this one for a while now (I've cleaned a lot of the icons off of the desktop now though :P). awesome_desktop_background_on_my_computer_1.jpg

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

Here's my desktop. It's minimalist, obviously. I'm using a desktop environment called GNOME-Shell and two themes - window theme Adwaita and a theme called Faience for icons and everything other than windows. I made the background myself, sort of - I took the easy route and tiled a 12x12 image. But it's heavily inspired by my old background, seen here (I added the crack to Windows), which I have failed to source. So I don't look crazy, it's not JUST a blank screen and a panel. If you press the Activities button (or move the mouse to the top left corner, or press the Super key) you get access to a screen like this (I switched to the Apps view). The Windows view shows an Expose-style view of all windows on the space, and a peek at all open spaces (spaces open and close dynamically in GNOME-Shell), as well as the dock on the left.

I have a bunch of stuff on my desktop that I don't feel like showing to the entire web, so I'll just post the edited picture itself. His head's cut off on my screen, so it looks a lot cooler imo,: http://s3.postimage.org/98t16nrcx/v_for_vendetta_by_OSK_studio2.jpg I'll change it after the 5th to this, probably: http://s7.postimage.org/n6z6rymkp/dinosaurs_vs_aliens2.jpg

6244916474_c93fd6d552.jpg

6251674125_b0dbed809a.jpg

6252203236_c35c6ab8f3.jpg

I really have three different Windows 7 themes that I change according to my mood (well, 4 really, but the difference between two of them is just a screensaver). Each of them has several pictures that cycle through, changing every minute. Currently, I'm using this theme.

Currently a picture of Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon album cover.

On the day the wall came down / They threw the locks onto the ground

And with glasses high / We raised a cry / For freedom had arrived

On the day the wall came down / The ship of fools had finally run aground

Promises lit up the night / Like paper doves in flight

I dreamed you had left my side / No warmth, not even pride remained

And even though you needed me / It was clear that I could not do a thing for you

Now life devalues day by day / As friends and neighbors turn away

And there's a change that even with regret / Cannot be undone

Now frontiers shift like desert sands / While nations wash their bloodied hands

Of loyalty, of history / In shades of grey

I woke to the sound of drums / The music played, the morning sun streamed in

I turned and I looked at you / And all but the bitter residues slipped away

slipped away...