Dark Mirror: Part Ii Review Topic

a goose

@Scrathor: Whose twin is this? I assure you that he is an original character, and a truly threatening villain.Not much longer. I wrote the Prologue ages ago, and I'll soon have touched it up.@Wotz: Dun is more climactic.I don't care, we're sticking with TD's. (Props indeed)

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

I agree with Wotz. 'Dun' isn't a good sound effect.It's more of a Booooonnnnngggg sound.
I third this assertion. What is with all the randomly assorted mirror-smashing? Why are all of these people smashing things for no apparent reason? This isn't a comedy - you kind of have to explain that sort of thing. :)The Shadows characterization was good, however (He reminds me of the super-suit vendor from the Incredibles :)).And of course, the Apocalypse is postponed just long enough for Inc to save the universe. Or at least survive it's end. Because plot-armor never fails.

@EVERYONE: I chose 'dun'. Not 'bong', 'dun'.@fishers: It's the whole 'can't change the future' stuff. The mirror shows a person their darkest day, and if they see themselves smashing the mirror, chances are that they will either be driven insane or break it to stop it going any further.He'll be playing a big part later on.Actually, this time around, plot armour means absolutely nothing. If a hero goes up against a villain that could easily kill them, they're going to die, unless they do something very clever. But there will be hero-deaths. Lots of hero-deaths.

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

Actually, this time around, plot armour means absolutely nothing. If a hero goes up against a villain that could easily kill them, they're going to die, unless they do something very clever. But there will be hero-deaths. Lots of hero-deaths.
Oh, boy. *Prepares Brainy-specs, and notebook for storyline notes*

Now fades the great harvest of my betrayal...

Yup. The Eleventh Hour is set to be pretty dark.By the way, the characters who I can tell you are returning without spoiling the plot are Pirok, Proditor, and Frustro. I know a lot of you people like Pirok best out of all the characters, so there ya go. XP

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

The return of Pirok the Va-Matoran...excuse me, Toa of Fire...will be an interesting advent. Maybe once you've finished the series I'll reread over it and try to figure out what logic you used to piece this together, as it currently escapes me. I don't really want Inc or Pirok to die. :( Oh, well, the matter only increases my fascination with your next work...otherwise it would just be boring. :)

Shadows isn't all that logical, but from Dark Mirror onwards I have thought everything through perfectly. So, while some of the stuff in Shadows might not quite fit, the rest is explained.Well, Inc you already know is going to be both shot and incinerated (yay for multiple lives gained from Time-Keeper-ness), and I guarantee you that Pirok (at least, this timeline's Pirok) will have a heroic death. Kinda.

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

@Hub: Shadows appear more humanoid than Toa-like. Scrathor drew the image (it was meant to be of a Shadow), but it was surprisingly close to the appearance of a Shadow, so I used it.

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Ah, I see.Looks pretty animesque though.Also, could you provide us a general time span for when The Eleventh Hour might be coming out?
Just about right now. :PAlso, there's a particular Shadow (the one from the Epilogue) who looks a whole lot like that (even the animé-esque-ness), and since he has major plot importance I thought it'd work well.

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

• 1 month later...