Favorite Marvel Character?

Oh man, I have to choose!? I'm a major Marvel fanboy, so this ain't easy, but... Spider-Man. My favorite version of Spidey would have to be his Ultimate incarnation though. I'm a sucker for a superhero with a smart mouth and absolutely no idea what he's doing. :PAs for least favorite? Never been a big Ant-Man fan. I mean his character's fine, but... C'mon? He can change size and talk to bugs? Just not awesome when compared to fellow Avengers like Iron Man or Hulk or... Well, almost anyone. Also never liked 3-D Man, mostly because of his hilarious name. I mean, what part of his powers has to do with 3-D? Does it stand for something? I mean, why 3-D Man? Is he only three dimensional? Do we require special glasses to see him properly?P.S. TO THE NUIMOBILE!! :tohu:

Edited by The BIONICLE Hero

Nothin' to see here folks. Just keep movin' along.

The most Marvel I get in my life comes from the movies, and so far, I've gotta say either Spider or Iron Man. Also, just based on the Avenger's movie, I really like Clint Barton/Hawkeye.

(disclaimer: none of this banner art is original, I just smooshed it together in gimp. Torchic, Matau)
ThosePeskyFirespitters.png.3dbdb65e6a28cbbc5957d81c09a685b6.png
Those pesky firespitters... 
Library | The Sculptors and the Smelters | The Ternion Review Topic 

The Silver Surfer. I find him to be a very interesting character. Even though he wields enough power to destroy entire fleets, that doesn't stop him from trying to find a better way. He's one of the most well-intentioned people in the universe who always tries to do the right thing, but he's slightly too far removed from people to always understand what that is. Then there's his being an off-and-on herald of Galactus, which is also very interesting given the Surfer's character. And, well, he flies around in space! It's superheroes, and space! Two of my favourite things in one! I'm reading through some of the Cosmic stuff Marvel did (like Annihilation) and he seems to be one of the few characters in it whose entire personality isn't either a: 'funny' or b: "I'm Inappropriate language removed. -B6 and will hit you if you say something I don't like".Second favourite would probably be Spiderman. I used to read the comics and watch the animated show when I was a kid, so there's definitely a level of nostalgia involved. Still, he's an awesome character and a lot of the recent Spidey comics have been really good.I'm surprised nobody's said Wolverine yet. I thought everyone loved Wolverine. Everyone except me, anyway. Personally I find him to be one of the most boring characters Marvel's ever produced.

Edited by Black Six

Banner 2.png

Click on them to build them yourself!

DEADPOOL!!!You can't beat a useless idiot who is totally insane, invincible, has up to 71 personalities, and can (and does) lobotomize amd nuke himself. And he argues with the artists, and can break the 4th wall.

No offense, but as a long time Deadpool fan, I have to point out that there's a lot wrong with what you've said.First off, I would not call him useless or an idiot. Though he can be both quite a bit, a majority of the time he may seem stupid, but he's probably already planned it all out. While he's almost invincible, there's still plenty of ways to kill him. One of the main ways would just be to destroy his head. Just cut off the head, and there's pretty much nothing the body can do.I have no idea where you got 71 personalities from. He has a few voices in his head and sees things that aren't there, but he doesn't have different personalities.And I can't recall him ever purposefully nuking himself. Pretty sure that would actually kill him. You can't regenerate if there isn't anything left to regenerate. I know Wolverine was nuked once, but he only survived because his skeleton was protected by the adamantium.~U_K~

alienbanner.jpg

Because any Marvel-related characters I've ever seen have been in movies, I'd have to say Spider-Man. Not all that big of a Hulk fan, honestly.

On the day the wall came down / They threw the locks onto the ground

And with glasses high / We raised a cry / For freedom had arrived

On the day the wall came down / The ship of fools had finally run aground

Promises lit up the night / Like paper doves in flight

I dreamed you had left my side / No warmth, not even pride remained

And even though you needed me / It was clear that I could not do a thing for you

Now life devalues day by day / As friends and neighbors turn away

And there's a change that even with regret / Cannot be undone

Now frontiers shift like desert sands / While nations wash their bloodied hands

Of loyalty, of history / In shades of grey

I woke to the sound of drums / The music played, the morning sun streamed in

I turned and I looked at you / And all but the bitter residues slipped away

slipped away...

Mine is either Thor or Captain America! What are your favorite(s)? :) I don't this Hawkeye and Black Widow are really "Marvel" characters but they are freaking amazing! Hawkeye and his bow and pretty EPIC!RCF

Hawkeye and Black Widow are actual Marvel heroes. Just because they aren't flashy doesn't mean they are not.*Starts muttering about how Hawkeye is lacking his distinct purple uniform.*But favourite Marvel character in general?Squirrel Girl of course. Who doesn't love a teenage girl whose power level is more comparable to DC Heroes than Marvel ones?

Mine is either Thor or Captain America! What are your favorite(s)? :) I don't this Hawkeye and Black Widow are really "Marvel" characters but they are freaking amazing! Hawkeye and his bow and pretty EPIC!RCF

Hawkeye and Black Widow are actual Marvel heroes. Just because they aren't flashy doesn't mean they are not.*Starts muttering about how Hawkeye is lacking his distinct purple uniform.*But favourite Marvel character in general?Squirrel Girl of course. Who doesn't love a teenage girl whose power level is more comparable to DC Heroes than Marvel ones?
Ohhh ok! Yeah Hawkeye was missing all the purple but he was legit in Avengers! I thought Jeremy Renner did an AMAZING job of playing him! Scarlett Johansson did a really nice job too.RCF

doctor-who_season-7_doctor-matt-smith_clara-oswin-jenna-louise-coleman1.jpg?w=346&h=230

Squirrel Girl of course. Who doesn't love a teenage girl whose power level is more comparable to DC Heroes than Marvel ones?

Since you mentioned Squirrel Girl, I cannot help but post this. BEHOLD!Hawkeye definitely didn't suffer from his lack of a garish purple outfit. What he wore in the film may not have been anything special, but considering his job description basically seemed to be 'spy with a bow', it makes sense that he'd wear dark colours.

One of the things I've liked about the recent movies is how they mix and match the best parts of both the normal Marvel Universe and the Ultimate stuff.

I don't know anything about the Ultimate universe, really. I'm still getting into the main continuity comics, so I'm steering clear of any alternate universe stuff for the moment. You're right, though. From what little I know of the various Ultimate inclusions, those are good changes. They work really well - often far better than the main universe stuff would have done. Edited by Danska: Shadow Master

Banner 2.png

Click on them to build them yourself!

Magneto is my favorite Marvel villain due to his tragic origins (X-Men: First Class was a great movie) and cool power. Venom's another one I like. My favorite Marvel superhero is probably Iron Man, since he isn't overly moralistic like his contemporaries and his suit is awesome.

superpaper_624_1255384923.jpg

"By me... Count Bleck! The chosen executor of the Dark Prognosticus... is Count Bleck! The fine fellow prophesied to come to this dimension... is also Count Bleck!"

• 2 weeks later...

Ooh, that's tricky. Favorite Marvel villain is a tie between Magneto and Deadpool. Favorite Marvel hero is probably War Machine, if only due to his awesome hyper moves in Marvel vs Capcom (PROTON CANNON!).

Every moment gives us a chance to become more than what we are.

-Ryu, Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike: Fight for the Future

Not luck. It's what you do that makes you a hero.

-Kopaka Nuva, MoL

I have but one destiny.

-Takanuva, MoL

rtll200x160.png

I can't have a single favorite character, but my favorite hero is the Silver Surfer, and my favorite villain is Thanos.The Silver Surfer is thought of as less of a hero given his role at Galactus' side, but he indirectly saves several planets and is possibly one of the strongest heroes in the universe since he carries the Power Cosmic. He didn't get enough credit in Fantastic Four 2, and they made him look like a careless passerby.Thanos would be my favorite villain because I love the story arcs he's in. Infinity Gauntlet and Infinity War are some of the best series to ever come out of Marvel, because it is all so foreign--a lot of heroes are from Earth, but even more are from different planets, so I love how they focused on that even more.I especially enjoy that they decided to stick more to Marvel's sort of unpractical side in the Avengers, because that's really the glory of Marvel. I felt they were straying too far off in the Iron Man series by skipping out on the Mandarin, so it's a breath of fresh air to see them incorporating the nine realms and space into everything.-SK