Official The Powers That Be Topic

the_powers_that_be.png

Welcome to the Official The Powers That Be Topic. Discussion regarding this online serial belongs in this topic; similar topics will be closed. This topic is approved by bonesiii and hosted by S&T Fact Team member Erebus. Suggestions may be PMed to him or posted in this topic.The Powers That Be is an online serial that details Kopaka and Pohatu's investigation of the numerous deaths on Spherus Magna.Chapter 1Toa Kopaka Nuva relates the events he witnessed concerning the Toa Mahri and the Skakdi to Toa Gaaki. Gaaki promises that the Toa Hagah will take care of it, and Kopaka leaves to assist in salvaging. Later, Kopaka meets up with Toa Pohatu Nuva and together, they create a cooling shelter for the workers. Toa Lesovikk soon arrives and demands to know where Karzahni is. He later leaves without getting any answers he wanted. Kopaka and Pohatu follow his trail the next morning, only to find the remains of Karzahni and Lesovikk's Air Sword nearby in a canyon. The two Toa agree to hunt down Lesovikk when suddenly a cyclone appears hurtling towards them.[updates needed for later chapters.]CharactersKopaka (koh-PAH-kah)Kopaka Nuva is a Toa of Ice. He wears the Kanohi Akaku Nuva, the Great Mask of X-Ray Vision.Pohatu (Poe-HAH-Too)Pohatu Nuva is a Toa of Stone. He wears the Kanohi Kakama Nuva, the Great Mask of Speed.Gaardus (GAR-duss)Gaardus is a former Nynrah Ghost-turned experiment. Kestora (kess-STORE-uh)The Kestora are a sapient species found in the Red Star. Mavrah (MAHV-rah)Mavrah is an Onu-Matoran and former Archivist of Metru Nui. He was thought to have died shortly after the Great Cataclysm. External LinksTo read the serial, visit the following links: * BIONICLEstory.com * BIONICLEsector01 Wiki * BIONICLE Reference Center

Edited by S&T Fact Team
ftbanner.gif

• 3 months later...

It's sure taking Greg a while to write the next chapter. Would it have anything to do with BZP being down?

No it wouldn't. Greg probably has a lot of other things on his plate and besides, his writing is completely independent of BZP being online.

bionicle is trans culture

I wouldn't say completely. It would be a very very minor factor, I would think. GregF's always favored BZP for good reason, so if the forums were down and no discussions were being brought up and no questions were asked to the writer, I think it makes sense if GregF just worked on other stuff. Like Aho-Chan said, he has a lot on his plate, and he does have daughter now. Anyways, it's good to know that I am still hosting topics. I will update this topic at a later time, maybe when new chapters are released.

Edited by Erebus

jlovfkk.jpg

Has anyone tried contacting Greg in the last few months? I understand he has other things to deal with, but it's been ages since we got an update. If the story's over he should let us know now that the forums are back, instead of just letting us sit here and wait for something that's never coming. Wow that sounded really pessimistic. No offense to Greg or anyone else, I just feel like it's better to know one way or another.

p

Any guesses on who the Great Being is? I'm guessing either Tobduk or Trinuma. :eyeboggle: (gotta love these new smilies) I need to get a new picture :camera: for my avatar.

Edited by Fivrik Toa of Building
PM me if you attend Dixie State College or BYU or know someone who does
Or at least live in or are from southern Utah

I hope it isn't done, I just want to see these stories end, but I just want a confirmation from Greg.

"Where wisdom and valor fail, all that remains is faith. And it can overcome all." Tahu

"Deceit and self-interest will never be virtues the Matoran will honor!"-Vakama

"Fear is the state of mind in which we will cause our own failures."-Me

" You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villian."- Harvey Dent

Not saying I don't like The Powers That Be, or the Yesterday Quest; I love them, but I honestly think I could take it if Greg stopped. I would like a solid conclusion to the story, but if Greg has other things that are more important, he shouldn't really feel bad for sacrificing the BIONICLE side project. BIONICLE technically ended a year ago, and the updates have been slow. I thank him now for the good run. Though I am still excited to see where this story will go, if it ever does continue. -NotS

tahubanner.jpg

A 10 year story is pretty long, and its gone pretty well. I mean, Greg has pretty much written Stargate: SG-1 from start to finish (being a 10 year long series) so i could understand if he has stopped. But then, coming from his own mouth, he said (roughly) "If star trek fans said that the show wasnt going to come back, it never would have". Take that in mind. there is always room for a sequal (as in, Bionicle has been 1 big series, and that the bionicle saga can now take a fresh begining).

axonn, trying to excape my signature

Untitled-2.gif

The forums were down for nearly six months. Greg only updated the serials once in that time, and it was a concluding chapter to boot. I would not be surprised if this is it for the serials.. But even if Greg doesn't continue the story, I wouldn't want BZPower to lose touch with him. I'd be interested to see some of his post-Bionicle work.

3DS Friend Code: 0018-0767-4231

I can understand why he is taking so long to write the new chapters. He has a lot going on. Plus, he is trying to make sure that these new chapters will please us. He wants to make sure that he ends Bionicle in just the right way so that we are not left hanging and we are fully satisfied. Just give him some time, guys.

830px-Epguide407.jpg

Are you ready?

The Clone Wars are back.

If I'm not mistaken, he's working on the very successful Ninjago comics right now, so it's no surprise that he's giving those priority. I would like to see conclusions to the serials, but I can understand if he simply can't do it.

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

I hope that our community clings to existence, mostly ignored, for years until Lego decides to dust off one of their most successful lines ever and are met by not only a new, fresh generation but an older, loyal generation.I also really like The Powers That Be, hope Greg finishes them eventually. Rivin

Signature Guidelines: Avatar and signature total file size may not exceed 100 KB!

I kind of wish Greg wouldn't keep ending everything with a plot twist. It seems that every character who died throughout Bionicle's history is being brought back with a wave of the hand, which slightly ruins the effect. Personally, Mavrah's death was one of my favourites, as it really put into question how determined a Toa is to save a Matoran, yet somehow he's back and unless he's an illusion, I'm not sure how it's going to be handled without just getting irritating. Although the revelation that a Great Being's been living amongst us was quite interesting, as long as it doesn't end up being a character who's already done more than their fair share of things, or one who's so insignificant it's as though the Great Being has been twiddling their thumbs for a hundred thousand years.

LzcD9OS.png

I wrote stories once. They were okay.

I kind of wish Greg wouldn't keep ending everything with a plot twist. It seems that every character who died throughout Bionicle's history is being brought back with a wave of the hand, which slightly ruins the effect. Personally, Mavrah's death was one of my favourites, as it really put into question how determined a Toa is to save a Matoran, yet somehow he's back and unless he's an illusion, I'm not sure how it's going to be handled without just getting irritating. Although the revelation that a Great Being's been living amongst us was quite interesting, as long as it doesn't end up being a character who's already done more than their fair share of things, or one who's so insignificant it's as though the Great Being has been twiddling their thumbs for a hundred thousand years.

Yeah, I don't think that Mavrah is actually there, or it's a place of the dead or something. Bu the GB in the MU thing was cool imo....

This story is pretty great; I've been waiting for new content. I wouldn't mind if it finished because Greg has a life outside of Bionicle, I would like a good ending though if that happened (and weren't we told it was going to finish at the end of this year?).

qs8497.jpgqs8497.jpg

qs8497.jpg

ubda4249ti7.gif

Formerly known as bionicle crazy, Vorahk 28(bionicle crazy, Hakann the Hunter, Takadox: the Hypnotic Master, ~Infinity S~, Mario's Brother and Lime Green Kanohi. Phew! What a long list of names!

I know it's probably just me, (after all, most people would consider someone their 'favourite character' if they named a website after them) but I think Takadox is the murderer.

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

:hau: I honestly think that if the story line was dead GregF would have already concluded the serials. And if it is about to end then I think lego would have the decency to allow Greg to finish the project he started ten years ago. I mean you'd have to be pretty mean to not let the guy finish a ten year long project he started for them. Anyway thats just my two cents.

Anyone any ideas about the murderer? Anyone? Other than me? =PAnd I don't think GregF is done with us just yet. He'll probably give us all a nice, concluding chapter. Sometime in the next decade.

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

:hau: I honestly think that if the story line was dead GregF would have already concluded the serials. And if it is about to end then I think lego would have the decency to allow Greg to finish the project he started ten years ago. I mean you'd have to be pretty mean to not let the guy finish a ten year long project he started for them. Anyway thats just my two cents.

This is completely pessimistic, but I doubt Lego would hesitate too much to end Bionicle here and now.

Thank you, BZPower staff. In the past, I wish I showed more appreciation for all that you do. From one Bionicle fan to another, thank you.

Well I don't have a slight idea about who exactly is the murderer, but I dout Takadox would have the power to litteraly blow up Tren Krom, it has to be someone with incredible power to be able to destroy two of The Powers That Be (even if Karzahni was brain dead)

If you want to spare some time and take a look to my colection then visit this link, if you dont want, well...you just lost a good opurtunity to compare collections and laugh at mine (or cry if you want).

qs102492.jpg

Anyone any ideas about the murderer? Anyone? Other than me? =P And I don't think GregF is done with us just yet. He'll probably give us all a nice, concluding chapter. Sometime in the next decade.

After many days of deliberation, I have to agree with you, to quote my Blog, which quotes BS01

Only Takadox paused to look back at the cavern where Carapar had died, wondering for a moment just what it would take to end the life of a being older than the stars.

Takadox- After thinking about it, he came to mind. After watching Tren Krom blow up Carapar, I remember takadox thinking about powerful beings. I think he may have seen Tren Krom's power, and to an Extent, Teridax power, and decided that they are too dangerous to be alive. It would be interesting if it was him. BUT he is not what you would call a powerfull being. He can only hypnotize, maybe enough to kill Karzahni, not Tren Krom, and all the inhabitants of the GB temple. Very interesting

-Star Edited by Starparu

Solaris Magnus. Formerly Starparu. 

I have started updating the topic by adding the main characters we have seen so far. I should have the topic completely updated by the end of the week. :) EDIT: I also updated my profile link and PM link.

Edited by Erebus

jlovfkk.jpg

Yeah, I don't think that Mavrah is actually there, or it's a place of the dead or something. Bu the GB in the MU thing was cool imo....
I'd like to point out that in the Bionicle Encyclopedia (Updated version, at least), Mavrah's entry said "He is presumed dead" when the other deceased characters said that they died. I think Greg has been planning this for a while.

I'd like to point out that in the Bionicle Encyclopedia (Updated version, at least), Mavrah's entry said "He is presumed dead" when the other deceased characters said that they died. I think Greg has been planning this for a while.
Good point.

Anyone any ideas about the murderer? Anyone? Other than me? =P And I don't think GregF is done with us just yet. He'll probably give us all a nice, concluding chapter. Sometime in the next decade.

After many days of deliberation, I have to agree with you, to quote my Blog, which quotes BS01

Only Takadox paused to look back at the cavern where Carapar had died, wondering for a moment just what it would take to end the life of a being older than the stars.

Takadox- After thinking about it, he came to mind. After watching Tren Krom blow up Carapar, I remember takadox thinking about powerful beings. I think he may have seen Tren Krom's power, and to an Extent, Teridax power, and decided that they are too dangerous to be alive. It would be interesting if it was him. BUT he is not what you would call a powerfull being. He can only hypnotize, maybe enough to kill Karzahni, not Tren Krom, and all the inhabitants of the GB temple. Very interesting

-Star
Thankyou. =)And Takadox also encountered Karzahni while in the Pit.Overall, I think Takadox is looking a lot like the murderer. And in reference to the 'powerful being' comment, don't forget it's been a while since we last saw Takadox. I'm going to look for more information, and I'll edit this post if I find more proof of this. I found something, although it's not Takadox.

With a smile, the bio-mechanical murderer set to work. It was going to be a good day, if a noisy one.

Being with powers of sound, perhaps? I have below a list of all beings that have or have had power over sonics. So any who are sentient and are still alive can be considered suspects. (List quoted from BS01)

All of the following beings have or had the Element of Sonics.

• [*]All De-Matoran - Inaccessible[*]All Toa of Sonics
    • [*]Krakua[*]A Toa of Sonics from the first Toa team - Deceased[*]A Toa of Sonics killed by the Piraka

[*]Kohrak-Kal - Destroyed[*]Bohrok-Kal Kaita Ja - Formerly; unmerged[*]The Makuta[*]All Kraata and Rahkshi of Sonics[*]All Kraata and Rahkshi of Silence[*]Takutanuva - Formerly; unmerged[*]The Sonic Entity[*]A Lohrak mutated by the Visorak

Edited by Pirok the Va-Matoran

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

-Star
Thankyou. =)And Takadox also encountered Karzahni while in the Pit.Overall, I think Takadox is looking a lot like the murderer. And in reference to the 'powerful being' comment, don't forget it's been a while since we last saw Takadox. I'm going to look for more information, and I'll edit this post if I find more proof of this. I found something, although it's not Takadox.

With a smile, the bio-mechanical murderer set to work. It was going to be a good day, if a noisy one.

Being with powers of sound, perhaps? I have below a list of all beings that have or have had power over sonics. So any who are sentient and are still alive can be considered suspects. (List quoted from BS01)

• [*]Krakua[*]A Toa of Sonics from the first Toa team - Deceased[*]A Toa of Sonics killed by the Piraka

[*]Kohrak-Kal - Destroyed[*]Bohrok-Kal Kaita Ja - Formerly; unmerged[*]The Makuta[*]All Kraata and Rahkshi of Sonics[*]All Kraata and Rahkshi of Silence[*]Takutanuva - Formerly; unmerged[*]The Sonic Entity[*]A Lohrak mutated by the Visorak

Kohrak Kal would have been an Av-Matoran, and his mind would've been erased when he transformed. Lehvak-Kal and Pahrak-Kal are the only ones that could possibly be alive. He couldn't be a Kraata, because he would have been created after the universe was formed. Takutanuva wouldn't be possible. He wouldn't be a Lohrak, because it wouldn't even have a mind capable of having a great being in it. Look, you're basing this all on the fact that this person has sonic powers. I think all Greg meant was there would be a big battle.

-Star

Kohrak Kal would have been an Av-Matoran, and his mind would've been erased when he transformed. Lehvak-Kal and Pahrak-Kal are the only ones that could possibly be alive. He couldn't be a Kraata, because he would have been created after the universe was formed. Takutanuva wouldn't be possible. He wouldn't be a Lohrak, because it wouldn't even have a mind capable of having a great being in it. Look, you're basing this all on the fact that this person has sonic powers. I think all Greg meant was there would be a big battle.
I said sentient. I know the Bohrok-Kal technically are, and I also said alive. Takutanuva is not alive. And I also said sentient. So I knew it wouldn't be a Rahkshi. And I originally thought what Greg ment was an explosion. I'm just throwing out ideas, here. And Krakua is still alive.

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

-Star

I said sentient. I know the Bohrok-Kal technically are, and I also said alive. Takutanuva is not alive. And I also said sentient. So I knew it wouldn't be a Rahkshi. And I originally thought what Greg ment was an explosion. I'm just throwing out ideas, here. And Krakua is still alive.
Now, I did think it was Krakua At first, not due to the "noisy one", but this quote

Back on Spherus Magna, a complicated and delicate job was done. At the proper signal, the Great Beings' fortress and its occupants would be so much ash.Their would-be murdered looked at his work and pronounced it good. He sat down on the ground and picked up a stone. Humming to himself, he began to carve it into a memorial marker for those about to die.

And This

Like all De-Matoran, Krakua had very acute hearing. However, despite this, he had a habit of humming to himself, which caused many of his fellow De-Matoran to avoid him.

It very well could be Krakua, the wording is very similar, however, I still think it's Takadox. -Star

Hm... Krakua. That would be an excellent role for a Great Being to play. He was different from the other Matoran, he told Vakama he had to send the Inika on their quest, he worked with the Order of Mata Nui... it's perfect. It must be Krakua.

What's the Motive though ? Krakua serves an Organization whose Job is to protect, not to Kill indiscriminetly, especially not kill 2 of his teammates and his Leader. Then again , he could have seen Helryx, Miserix, Axonn, Brutaka and others in his organization as too powerful, and that if they went rogue, who could stop them. But why would he want to keep the most powerful toa of air Alive ?..But he did say for now....But takadox has a better motive -Star Edited by Starparu

If he were a Great Being, Krakua would have plenty of motivation to work for the Order of Mata Nui. He knew that he was living inside a giant spaceship of sorts and would therefore want to preserve it - at least until he was no longer on it. Also, Krakua wasn't recruited until just prior to 2008, as Axonn had never seen him until then. Also, Krakua gave Vakama a prophecy of the Toa Inika, who were birthed from the Red Star, and would make for an interesting connection if Krakua turned out to be the "Red Star Killer"/Great Being.

Keep in mind that if Star Trek fans had, as a group, said, "No point in talking about this anymore, it's never going to come back," it never WOULD have come back.
-- Greg Farshtey