Official The Powers That Be Topic

I just found out something really depressing.According to BS01, this serial's third chapter was posted a year ago this week. We're currently on chapter four.This means that the serial has only been updated once in the space of a year.

Has it been that long? I lost track of time.
Sadly, yes, it has.

I don't think it should be taken that literally. Theories should be shaped to suit facts, not facts to suit theories. My point here is that you could make a valid argument for Tahu being the murderer, but it still wouldn't be right.

Okay, so what you're saying is Greg meant nothing by saying no one would expect him? I am aware of what makes a good theory, and no I couldn't make a good argument about Tahu; he's with the Agori and Matoran. The point right now is that I don't think anyone has any hard evidence of who it is. We're all looking for small things that might point to someone; you're running with Krakua because he hummed to himself.I'm think it's Iruini from a few things Kopaka said; one thing about a toa of air is capable of doing it.(Although, I don't think it was Lesovikk), and it was someone that Tren Krom trusted. We haven't seen many other beings with Tren Krom. Mutran, but he's dead. Lewa, but he was captured by Bota Magna Agori. Most of the other being's we've seen Tren Krom around are with that great being in his fortress. In Reign of Shadows, before he met up with Axonn, Brutaka, and all of them, he helped few others; six being the Toa Hagah, and we haven't really heard from them since then, minus Gaaki.I have another question though. On Krakua's profile, he says he's the lone hero of a fortress. Could it be that he saves the fortress, as well all of them in it, from this murderer? Sounds possible.
I don't mean that he meant nothing, I mean that you shouldn't take literally that a Toa of Air who hasn't appeared in a number of years would be there. True, we wouldn't expect him, but my guess is that the murderer's identity is guessable from the clues GregF left us.And the humming theory was someone else's. The only theory that has been coined by me is Takadox. Edited by Pirok the Va-Matoran

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

I don't mean that he meant nothing, I mean that you shouldn't take literally that a Toa of Air who hasn't appeared in a number of years would be there. True, we wouldn't expect him, but my guess is that the murderer's identity is guessable from the clues GregF left us.And the humming theory was someone else's. The only theory that has been coined by me is Takadox.

Well, it would be good twist, wouldn't it? Mavrah just showed up and you know how long it's been since we've seen him? I mean, it's not impossible. But, I could be wrong, though. In fact, I hope I am, for I like Iruini. My bad, I thought I remember you saying you either think it was Takadox or Krakua. There's so many posts here... :P At any rate, I hope Greg finds time soon to write the next chapter. How long has speculation and theorizing been going on? Not that it's bad... just the suspense is starting to kill me... Heh. :P

Now what if Greg is being really crafty and Lesovikk is the killer after all? :P Though, I guess there wouldn't be much motive for him to kill Tren Krom.

Keep in mind that if Star Trek fans had, as a group, said, "No point in talking about this anymore, it's never going to come back," it never WOULD have come back.
-- Greg Farshtey

I don't mean that he meant nothing, I mean that you shouldn't take literally that a Toa of Air who hasn't appeared in a number of years would be there. True, we wouldn't expect him, but my guess is that the murderer's identity is guessable from the clues GregF left us.And the humming theory was someone else's. The only theory that has been coined by me is Takadox.

Well, it would be good twist, wouldn't it? Mavrah just showed up and you know how long it's been since we've seen him? I mean, it's not impossible. But, I could be wrong, though. In fact, I hope I am, for I like Iruini. My bad, I thought I remember you saying you either think it was Takadox or Krakua. There's so many posts here... :P At any rate, I hope Greg finds time soon to write the next chapter. How long has speculation and theorizing been going on? Not that it's bad... just the suspense is starting to kill me... Heh. :P
I started the theories. And I like the Krakua theory and the Takadox theory.BTW, I have a new theory: Based off of the whole unexpected thing: The murderer is...PODU! :P

Now what if Greg is being really crafty and Lesovikk is the killer after all? :P Though, I guess there wouldn't be much motive for him to kill Tren Krom.

It wouldn't be Lesovikk. Remember the cyclone? Whoever did that still didn't have great control over their element, but Lesovikk was part of the first Toa Team. Edited by Pirok the Va-Matoran

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

The cyclone being natural just sounds a little bit contrived... if it had been forming naturally, wouldn't one of the characters have noticed the weather being windy/ stormy beforehand? A cyclone spontaneously appearing with no warning or foreshadowing is either a vital clue... or a very forced red herring.

3DS Friend Code: 0018-0767-4231

• 3 weeks later...

I interested in 2 things: What creatures did Kopaka saw in Red star (expect Kestora)The two Toa had gone about a hundred yards when the lights suddenly went out. Now they could hear movement from all around them. There were whispers, too, but they couldn’t make out the words. Kopaka triggered his Akaku Nuva, piercing the walls around him with x-ray vision. In one direction, there was nothing to see but outer space. In the other, he saw things – a lot of things – he could have lived without seeing. When he spoke, his voice was raw.“We need to move,” said Kopaka. “Now.”“What’s the matter?”“You don’t want to know. Grab my hand. We’re finding a way out of this.”and 2. How did Mavrah get in Red Star?

I interested in 2 things: What creatures did Kopaka saw in Red star (expect Kestora)The two Toa had gone about a hundred yards when the lights suddenly went out. Now they could hear movement from all around them. There were whispers, too, but they couldn’t make out the words. Kopaka triggered his Akaku Nuva, piercing the walls around him with x-ray vision. In one direction, there was nothing to see but outer space. In the other, he saw things – a lot of things – he could have lived without seeing. When he spoke, his voice was raw.“We need to move,” said Kopaka. “Now.”“What’s the matter?”“You don’t want to know. Grab my hand. We’re finding a way out of this.”and 2. How did Mavrah get in Red Star?

I assume that whatever's in there isn't, in fact, 'creatures', but MU inhabitants that have disappeared, like Mavrah.

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

I assume that whatever's in there isn't, in fact, 'creatures', but MU inhabitants that have disappeared, like Mavrah.
That might make sense. If Mavrah is in the red star, I guess it's safe to say anyone could be in there. (Except dead characters that are actually dead and not just "out of action")

A Toa eh? What kind of Toa am I?

Ever wanted to read a manga styled retelling of the early years of Bionicle? Here ya go!

http://www.bzpower.c...?showtopic=1384

I really hope they end up being zombie Matoran. I mean, it's obviously something gruesome, but simply Matoran (and others) that have disappeared wouldn't be gruesome. Plus, we have Cthulhu, dream eaters, robot dinosaurs... In light of those, zombies aren't really that far out. :P

Keep in mind that if Star Trek fans had, as a group, said, "No point in talking about this anymore, it's never going to come back," it never WOULD have come back.
-- Greg Farshtey

... But that's a bit like saying "It's Bionicle! It doesn't have to make sense!"

Or "The laws of physics only apply when I want them to," as Greg loves to say.As for the zombies, I was certainly getting that implication. BIONICLE zombies would definitely be pretty cool. Didn't the Kestora mention they had tried dissections and that didn't work out? Ah, here it is:

We could keep them. Maybe a dissection would tell us why they can't go back. Of course, we tried that before, and all we wound up with was a mess... a lot of messes, actually... but maybe this time --

All of which definitely points towards zombies and other dead things. That'd be pretty awesome, I must say.
"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
-- Harlan Ellison

... But that's a bit like saying "It's Bionicle! It doesn't have to make sense!"

Or "The laws of physics only apply when I want them to," as Greg loves to say.As for the zombies, I was certainly getting that implication. BIONICLE zombies would definitely be pretty cool. Didn't the Kestora mention they had tried dissections and that didn't work out? Ah, here it is:

We could keep them. Maybe a dissection would tell us why they can't go back. Of course, we tried that before, and all we wound up with was a mess... a lot of messes, actually... but maybe this time --

All of which definitely points towards zombies and other dead things. That'd be pretty awesome, I must say.
Or, alternatively, Kopaka saw a lot of dissected Matoran, which would probably freak anyone out.But zombies is a possibility, although it doesn't seem very BIONICLE-y to me. Yes, I do know what the Tryna does, my point is that I don't expect GregF to have something like zombies as a villain.

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Or, alternatively, Kopaka saw a lot of dissected Matoran, which would probably freak anyone out.But zombies is a possibility, although it doesn't seem very BIONICLE-y to me. Yes, I do know what the Tryna does, my point is that I don't expect GregF to have something like zombies as a villain.
Robot zombies? Yes please! I'd love to see how the undead would be handled in bionicle...

A Toa eh? What kind of Toa am I?

Ever wanted to read a manga styled retelling of the early years of Bionicle? Here ya go!

http://www.bzpower.c...?showtopic=1384

Robot zombies? Yes please! I'd love to see how the undead would be handled in bionicle...
i'd like to see it too. But in the other hand i wanna to guess who is this guy who killed tren krom? Who can have such power?i can assume that whoever killed him may do that with Red Star, but that means that he from Red Star, or he knows how to use it. or he is Great Being.

i'd like to see it too. But in the other hand i wanna to guess who is this guy who killed tren krom? Who can have such power?i can assume that whoever killed him may do that with Red Star, but that means that he from Red Star, or he knows how to use it. or he is Great Being.
I doubt it. Not that it has to do with the Red Star, but that it's GB. We already know the murderer is bio-mechanical:

With a smile, the bio-mechanical murderer set to work. It was going to be a good day, if a noisy one.

The Great Beings are organic, therefore the murderer cannot be a GB. :)

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

I doubt it. Not that it has to do with the Red Star, but that it's GB. We already know the murderer is bio-mechanical:

With a smile, the bio-mechanical murderer set to work. It was going to be a good day, if a noisy one.

The Great Beings are organic, therefore the murderer cannot be a GB. :)
Actually there's the Great Being who has been part of the MU for years, their body isn't completely organic.

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

Have you seen my Blog? I understand if you haven't

Actually there's the Great Being who has been part of the MU for years, their body isn't completely organic.

I have already acknowledged that that is a possibility;However, I doubt that GregF is going to link TPTB and TYQ together. He's linked serials in the past, and (IMO) it hasn't worked out well.

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

I have already acknowledged that that is a possibility;However, I doubt that GregF is going to link TPTB and TYQ together. He's linked serials in the past, and (IMO) it hasn't worked out well.
It's good logic, I assume you're refering to Into the Darkness and Dreams of Destruction? Yeah, that didn't work well, if Greg agrees with that then the GB won't be the murderer.

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

It's good logic, I assume you're refering to Into the Darkness and Dreams of Destruction? Yeah, that didn't work well, if Greg agrees with that then the GB won't be the murderer.
Yes, I was. I believe there was a connection between Reign of Shadows and Brothers in Armsas well, but that one didn't work out too badly. However, the Into the Darkness and Dreams of Destruction connection didn't work out well at all.

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Yes, I was. I believe there was a connection between Reign of Shadows and Brothers in Armsas well, but that one didn't work out too badly. However, the Into the Darkness and Dreams of Destruction connection didn't work out well at all.

Now I think about it, there are a lot more, Dwellers in Darkness and Destiny War had crossovers. So I suppose Greg might stil lcross them over, as it worked for DID, DW, BIA and ROS. Just as long as its not over done like in DOD and ITD, as they had 3 or 4 chapters alternating the storyline.

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

Now I think about it, there are a lot more, Dwellers in Darkness and Destiny War had crossovers. So I suppose Greg might stil lcross them over, as it worked for DID, DW, BIA and ROS. Just as long as its not over done like in DOD and ITD, as they had 3 or 4 chapters alternating the storyline.
Yes. That was really annoying, as my computer wasn't able to play audio, and I hadn't yet discovered BS01. I had no idea what was going on. :PAnyhow, we're getting a bit off-topic now, aren't we? :P

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Yes. That was really annoying, as my computer wasn't able to play audio, and I hadn't yet discovered BS01. I had no idea what was going on. :PAnyhow, we're getting a bit off-topic now, aren't we? :P
Just a little harmless discussion :P. But more on topic I just reread the chapter 4, interestingly noticed that Greg used the term 'Toa Mata', or at least I thought it was interesting. Also slightly less interesting I noticed that on Bioniclestory.com the first two chapters are 'The powers that be' and the second two ditch the word 'the'. I make dull observations. Still I'm glad I reread it, I forgot Mavrah was back. Also interested to see the Toa starting to use their powers a lot, both Kanohi and elemental. I remember the days when Pohatu solved all his problems by kicking rocks. Interested to know what has Kopaka spooked though, now I've over hyped myself again and want Greg to update it more.

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

I think the name change might be a mistake by Bink, and not Greg.And, offering another possibility other than zombies - the First Rahi could be what Kopaka saw. Having reread BA#5 this past week, I could see them, maybe, being described as such. I'd check to see their status, but BS01 is down. :P But it could be possible. We know the First Rahi were in the Great Barrier, but then when Gali went to visit it in BC#4, there was only the Great Temple Squid (how that got there is anyone's guess :P)

-- Greg Farshtey

I wonder when the next chapter will be posted, I wanna know who the killer is.

"Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become,"-C.S. Lewis

I think the name change might be a mistake by Bink, and not Greg.And, offering another possibility other than zombies - the First Rahi could be what Kopaka saw. Having reread BA#5 this past week, I could see them, maybe, being described as such. I'd check to see their status, but BS01 is down. :P But it could be possible. We know the First Rahi were in the Great Barrier, but then when Gali went to visit it in BC#4, there was only the Great Temple Squid (how that got there is anyone's guess :P)

Makes sense, as last time we saw Mavrah, he was in the Great Barrier. So he could have come with the first Rahi. That doesn't explain the Great Temple Squid of course, but I doubt that's relevant.

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

Makes sense, as last time we saw Mavrah, he was in the Great Barrier. So he could have come with the first Rahi. That doesn't explain the Great Temple Squid of course, but I doubt that's relevant.
Meh... I don't know. But the Kestora did mention dissections, so either they dissected the first Rahi or they have some way of bringing MU inhabitants into the Red Star.Actually, even if the first Rahi are there, they'd need something to bring them in.And I also doubt the Great Temple Squid is relevant, but this is GregF we're talking about. :P

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

i was wondering.........what if Gaardus is lied to Pohatu and Kopaka? What if he's from Red Star? And he can teleport and judgin on Kestora's words Gaardus was on Red Star before...maybe he is killer?

Unlikely. Where's the motive? I have thought about this before, but Karzahni rules him out. And, there's another question:What the Karz (If you'll excuse the pun) happened to Lesovikk?

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Okay, hear me out, I just had an insane theory.What if Tren Krom isn't dead?We know he swapped brains with Lewa at one point, so he has that ability. This would throw him in as a murder suspect, perhaps destroying his own body so he couldn't be imprisoned again? But how did he become unimprisoned? The Great Cataclysm didn't release him, why should the fall of Makuta do so? I see two possibilities on that count, the most likely being that the Mask of Life released him, as Mata Nui let out his super happy rejuvinating energy that fixed everything on the planet. The other possibility is the GB released him. This would mean whoever the GB is would have to be capable of getting to TKs island between when he left Lewas body, and now. My first thought was Takadox, he's already a GB suspect and he was last seen stealing a boat on Artidax, not far from TKs island. The other GB suspect I thought of is Iruini, who has a mask of quick travel. Probably more suspects as well, I'll leave that to discussion.Why would the GB release TK?I couldn't come up with a solution to this, possibly he has another purpose, something to do with the Red Star judging by the mental scream.So who's dead if it wasn't Tren Krom?Possibly the GB, if Tren Krom in the GBs body was the murderer. He has motive there, the GBs imprisoned him for thousands of years with no company. He might have let the GB free him, switched bodies and killed his old body to ensure no return. This would leave him relatively powerless, but then I had the thought that the GB is a mind in a different body, and if Tren Krom swapped, he would be much the same. It's a bit of a long shot, but this could mean he would have access to the new bodies powers. If it were Takadox that would be hypnotism, and air for Iruini.Now to allow people to tear this theory to shreds ;)

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

Okay, hear me out, I just had an insane theory.What if Tren Krom isn't dead?We know he swapped brains with Lewa at one point, so he has that ability. This would throw him in as a murder suspect, perhaps destroying his own body so he couldn't be imprisoned again? But how did he become unimprisoned? The Great Cataclysm didn't release him, why should the fall of Makuta do so? I see two possibilities on that count, the most likely being that the Mask of Life released him, as Mata Nui let out his super happy rejuvinating energy that fixed everything on the planet. The other possibility is the GB released him. This would mean whoever the GB is would have to be capable of getting to TKs island between when he left Lewas body, and now. My first thought was Takadox, he's already a GB suspect and he was last seen stealing a boat on Artidax, not far from TKs island. The other GB suspect I thought of is Iruini, who has a mask of quick travel. Probably more suspects as well, I'll leave that to discussion.Why would the GB release TK?I couldn't come up with a solution to this, possibly he has another purpose, something to do with the Red Star judging by the mental scream.So who's dead if it wasn't Tren Krom?Possibly the GB, if Tren Krom in the GBs body was the murderer. He has motive there, the GBs imprisoned him for thousands of years with no company. He might have let the GB free him, switched bodies and killed his old body to ensure no return. This would leave him relatively powerless, but then I had the thought that the GB is a mind in a different body, and if Tren Krom swapped, he would be much the same. It's a bit of a long shot, but this could mean he would have access to the new bodies powers. If it were Takadox that would be hypnotism, and air for Iruini.Now to allow people to tear this theory to shreds ;)

The discussion on the GB is for the topic for The Yesterday Quest. And it's already been proven that beings capable of leaving their own bodies cannot do so if they're taken by surprise. Besides, if Tren Krom is a gelatinous mass of hot air, explain how he killed Karzahni? (Long shot? More like a misfire...)And I believe it was said somewhere that Mata-Nui released Tren Krom. And the Takadox theory was thought up by me, as you can see on the first two pages of this topic.Thankyou for allowing me to tear your theory to shreds. :P

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

The discussion on the GB is for the topic for The Yesterday Quest. And it's already been proven that beings capable of leaving their own bodies cannot do so if they're taken by surprise. Besides, if Tren Krom is a gelatinous mass of hot air, explain how he killed Karzahni? (Long shot? More like a misfire...)And I believe it was said somewhere that Mata-Nui released Tren Krom. And the Takadox theory was thought up by me, as you can see on the first two pages of this topic.Thankyou for allowing me to tear your theory to shreds. :P

I think you misunderstood me a bit there, I meant that Tren Krom swapped bodies and used the new body to do the killing. He wasn't taken by surprise, but the victim of body swap might have been... My first thought was Takadox, precisely because you thought of him on the first page ;)

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

I think you misunderstood me a bit there, I meant that Tren Krom swapped bodies and used the new body to do the killing. He wasn't taken by surprise, but the victim of body swap might have been... My first thought was Takadox, precisely because you thought of him on the first page ;)
I didn't misunderstand, I was just referring to the fact you assumed the GB was the murderer. And why would Tren Krom have bothered sending the image of the Red Star to Kopaka and Pohatu?Besides, if you remember, TK needed consent to perform a body-swap. If you think back, you'll remember that he needed Lewa's permission to swap. http://www.bzpower.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/cool.png

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

I didn't misunderstand, I was just referring to the fact you assumed the GB was the murderer. And why would Tren Krom have bothered sending the image of the Red Star to Kopaka and Pohatu?Besides, if you remember, TK needed consent to perform a body-swap. If you think back, you'll remember that he needed Lewa's permission to swap. http://www.bzpower.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/cool.png

If TK wasn't in his body, then it wouldn't necessarily be Tren Krom sending the red star mental image. Not sure about the permission thing, has Greg said that he needed the permission, or was TK just being polite? If he doesn't physically need permission, then he probably has motive to not bother this time. He got forcibly removed from his body swap last time, despite the fact that he had been nothing but helpful, so he was probably bitter about that...

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

If TK wasn't in his body, then it wouldn't necessarily be Tren Krom sending the red star mental image.  Not sure about the permission thing, has Greg said that he needed the permission, or was TK just being polite? If he doesn't physically need permission, then he probably has motive to not bother this time.  He got forcibly removed from his body swap last time, despite the fact that he had been nothing but helpful, so he was probably bitter about that...
Tren Krom? Polite?... Is this the same gelatinous mass of hot air we're talking about? :P

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Tren Krom? Polite?... Is this the same gelatinous mass of hot air we're talking about? :P

I always got the impression he was a nice chap :PBut in all seriousness, he was fairly courteous towards Lewa, aside from the body hijacking thing. I wouldn't call him polite, but he isn't what you would call evil. The way he let Brutaka's team leave in Federation of Fear because the universe was apparently far worse than anything he could do shows that he has a moral view on the world, that he has principles. I think he looked into Lewa's mind and saw how Lewa wasn't a bad person, was trying to make the world a better place. Tren Krom cares about the world, as he was in control of it way back. So he asked Lewa.I feel I might be going overboard on Tren Kroms moral righteousness, I'm making him sound better than he is. I just meant to get across the fact he's actually not evil, from the point of view of someone who's actually evil at least...

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

I always got the impression he was a nice chap :PBut in all seriousness, he was fairly courteous towards Lewa, aside from the body hijacking thing. I wouldn't call him polite, but he isn't what you would call evil. The way he let Brutaka's team leave in Federation of Fear because the universe was apparently far worse than anything he could do shows that he has a moral view on the world, that he has principles. I think he looked into Lewa's mind and saw how Lewa wasn't a bad person, was trying to make the world a better place. Tren Krom cares about the world, as he was in control of it way back. So he asked Lewa.I feel I might be going overboard on Tren Kroms moral righteousness, I'm making him sound better than he is. I just meant to get across the fact he's actually not evil, from the point of view of someone who's actually evil at least...
He's just tired and bitter from not getting to rule the universe and being cooped up in an island for so long. He's not really evil at heart; I'm not even sure he wants his former power back, I think he just wanted out of that island prison. He was bored.