Official The Powers That Be Topic

Tren Krom? Polite?... Is this the same gelatinous mass of hot air we're talking about? :P

I always got the impression he was a nice chap :PBut in all seriousness, he was fairly courteous towards Lewa, aside from the body hijacking thing. I wouldn't call him polite, but he isn't what you would call evil. The way he let Brutaka's team leave in Federation of Fear because the universe was apparently far worse than anything he could do shows that he has a moral view on the world, that he has principles. I think he looked into Lewa's mind and saw how Lewa wasn't a bad person, was trying to make the world a better place. Tren Krom cares about the world, as he was in control of it way back. So he asked Lewa.I feel I might be going overboard on Tren Kroms moral righteousness, I'm making him sound better than he is. I just meant to get across the fact he's actually not evil, from the point of view of someone who's actually evil at least...
Tren Krom isn't evil. But he isn't a nice chap.To be honest, he was an insane gelatinous mass of hot air who was a bit miffed about Mata-Nui taking over the universe.

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

I once asked Greg who is stronger Tren Krom or Annona. He said that Tren Krom would be stronger....so whoever is that killer, he's definately or wery powerful creature that we don't know, or he is some sort of GB level being. And as i recall, the only beings at GB level is Mata Nui and Tren Krom itself (was).

That would be a good guess, Raph, but perhaps not. As it was said in the serial, as well as a question that someone asked Greg. Who could kill Tren Krom? It's isn't necessarily someone who would be stronger than Tren Krom, but someone he trusted that was able to get close to him.So, by the time Tren Krom realized he was betrayed, it was already too late for him.

That would be a good guess, Raph, but perhaps not. As it was said in the serial, as well as a question that someone asked Greg. Who could kill Tren Krom? It's isn't necessarily someone who would be stronger than Tren Krom, but someone he trusted that was able to get close to him.So, by the time Tren Krom realized he was betrayed, it was already too late for him.

Carapar tried to kill Tren Krom. But was perished. He was weaker that TK. So according your theory anyone expect Matoran can kill him. And for trust i belive that TK didn't trusted anyone in MU as for his words: “Go,” the entity said. “Take yourselves from my prison... take your memories and plans with you... for the horrors already in your minds are worse than any Icould visit upon you. I condemn you to your fate – life in the universe you and your kind have made.”A not much for warm friendship ae?

There are countless people who could have visited Tren Krom, whether it be before his last known visitor (Lewa) or afterwards. And trust isn't necessarily a matter of friendship anyway. If the murderer were Takadox, who is a popular suspect, then TK might trust him on the basis Takadox knows how powerful he is, as Takadox saw TK vaporise Carapar. Then again, I doubt TK is that trusting...

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

Have you seen my Blog? I understand if you haven't

• 2 weeks later...

Mystical killer is one good question in story. I imagine if he and GB from The Yesterday Quest would clash. That will be cool.Anyway...That guy is sure one we already know. So he has some REALLY great powers. He can be from alternete dimesion, or from original one?That's another question. He can be Dark Hunter, Barraki, Vortixx or other inhabitant. But he absoluteley being with great power. He killed Tren Krom!!!!!!The Look at him and you go insane, used to rule the universe’ Tren Krom! what you think?

Mystical killer is one good question in story. I imagine if he and GB from The Yesterday Quest would clash. That will be cool.Anyway...That guy is sure one we already know. So he has some REALLY great powers. He can be from alternete dimesion, or from original one?That's another question. He can be Dark Hunter, Barraki, Vortixx or other inhabitant. But he absoluteley being with great power. He killed Tren Krom!!!!!!The Look at him and you go insane, used to rule the universe’ Tren Krom! what you think?

Wait... Are there any blind characters we know of?

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

I think the look at him and you go insane is just an expression used to say he looks unpleasant. Most characters we know who have visited him kept their sanity. Mutran and the Federation of Fear (except Carapar and Vezon) were fine. Lewa actually swapped bodies with him. Of course I think there is a Matoran somewhere who did go insane from seeing Tren Krom, so it's probably to do with the strength of the being. Seeing as the murderer is likely incredibly powerful, he probably wouldn't go insane.

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

I think the look at him and you go insane is just an expression used to say he looks unpleasant. Most characters we know who have visited him kept their sanity. Mutran and the Federation of Fear (except Carapar and Vezon) were fine. Lewa actually swapped bodies with him. Of course I think there is a Matoran somewhere who did go insane from seeing Tren Krom, so it's probably to do with the strength of the being. Seeing as the murderer is likely incredibly powerful, he probably wouldn't go insane.
Or, possibly, the murderer is already insane. *Cough* Takadox *Cough*

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

That could also be the case, although is Takadox actually insane? In any case, Takadox was in Federation of Fear, specifically thought about how to kill Tren Krom. He never struck me as insane, but he would certainly be capable of being the murderer.

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

That could also be the case, although is Takadox actually insane? In any case, Takadox was in Federation of Fear, specifically thought about how to kill Tren Krom. He never struck me as insane, but he would certainly be capable of being the murderer.
See, you can't recognise insanity after you've had to deal with the comic-relief insanity of Vezon.Takadox is obviously insane. Read everything there is to read about him; Look at his dialogue, his actions...IMO, he's insane.

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

I already told before that Takadox can be a candidate for murderer. but i just tought....carapar was killed by TK for just one single touch...so...i have a little doubt.

I was the first to suggest Takadox. I also suggested Krakua. :sly:Looks like I beat you to it.

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

I already told before that Takadox can be a candidate for murderer. but i just tought....carapar was killed by TK for just one single touch...so...i have a little doubt.

I was the first to suggest Takadox. I also suggested Krakua. :sly:Looks like I beat you to it.
Krakua? Toa of Sonic? But isn't he a member of Order?

Something just hit me. What if the mastermind is Takadox, but he's using his hypnosis on others to carry out the murders? It would certainly explain what happened with Lesovikk's sword and the whirlwind.

Takadox can do that. I can agree that he can somehow hypnose Lesovikk to kill karzahnii.........but to kill tren krom?

Something just hit me. What if the mastermind is Takadox, but he's using his hypnosis on others to carry out the murders? It would certainly explain what happened with Lesovikk's sword and the whirlwind.

That's a great observation about Takadox and his hypnosis power. Also, I figure that there may be old GB technology lying around on Spherus Magna. Being rather intelligent, Takadox could have found some super-weapon of theirs and started using it to carry out his killing spree.

HELLO? FIRST PAGE! I WAS THE FIRST PERSON TO COME UP WITH THE TAKADOX THEORY!In other words, I believe it was correct, but I would prefer credit. Do I need to put a line in my sig to get credit? Do I?

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

That's a great observation about Takadox and his hypnosis power. Also, I figure that there may be old GB technology lying around on Spherus Magna. Being rather intelligent, Takadox could have found some super-weapon of theirs and started using it to carry out his killing spree.

HELLO? FIRST PAGE! I WAS THE FIRST PERSON TO COME UP WITH THE TAKADOX THEORY!In other words, I believe it was correct, but I would prefer credit. Do I need to put a line in my sig to get credit? Do I?
You shouldn't have to, although that theorem was postulated before in the archive. If you can cite the archived post that gives you first credit, then I will believe you. Also, the Takadox hypnosis thing would explain the distance factor. I did point out, in the archive, that it would be unlikely for the murderer to murder Karzanhi and Tren Krom and suddenly appear up by the insane GB's fortress without a henchmen (Lesovikk?) or a teleportation device.

You shouldn't have to, although that theorem was postulated before in the archive. If you can cite the archived post that gives you first credit, then I will believe you.Also, the Takadox hypnosis thing would explain the distance factor. I did point out, in the archive, that it would be unlikely for the murderer to murder Karzanhi and Tren Krom and suddenly appear up by the insane GB's fortress without a henchmen (Lesovikk?) or a teleportation device.
My point was that I was first to make it in this topic. Also, I made a blog post on my website detailing why I thought he was the murderer a short while after the chapter was posted. But I can't link to the site. (I know this probably sounds like a lame excuse, but it's true. Honest)And at what point was it stated he had 'suddenly appeared'? He may well have walked/run there; We weren't told the exact amount of time that Kopaka and Pohatu were in the Red Star.

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

You shouldn't have to, although that theorem was postulated before in the archive. If you can cite the archived post that gives you first credit, then I will believe you.Also, the Takadox hypnosis thing would explain the distance factor. I did point out, in the archive, that it would be unlikely for the murderer to murder Karzanhi and Tren Krom and suddenly appear up by the insane GB's fortress without a henchmen (Lesovikk?) or a teleportation device.
My point was that I was first to make it in this topic. Also, I made a blog post on my website detailing why I thought he was the murderer a short while after the chapter was posted. But I can't link to the site. (I know this probably sounds like a lame excuse, but it's true. Honest)And at what point was it stated he had 'suddenly appeared'? He may well have walked/run there; We weren't told the exact amount of time that Kopaka and Pohatu were in the Red Star.
It did not seem to be a long time. Also, if he had ran there, the murderer would be exhausted, not exactly all pluck and chipper and with the mental resources to prepare a bomb. I wish I could find the original argument in the archive, but that thing hates me - whenever I search for something in there, it takes forever.

It did not seem to be a long time. Also, if he had ran there, the murderer would be exhausted, not exactly all pluck and chipper and with the mental resources to prepare a bomb. I wish I could find the original argument in the archive, but that thing hates me - whenever I search for something in there, it takes forever.
Well, if the murderer is insane (which can pretty much be taken for granted), there's a chance he would be 'all pluck and chipper'.

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Well, if the murderer is insane (which can pretty much be taken for granted), there's a chance he would be 'all pluck and chipper'.
There is such a thing as physical exhaustion, which applies whether or not you are insane.There is also the thing called whether or not it is possible to run some 4,000 miles in relatively short amount of time. Actually, it is probably greater than that, given that SM is larger than the Earth. So you are asking a being to run from around the equator of a planet to somewhere near its pole in a few hours, max, and not feel exhausted like they are going to die. Instead, they are calmly contemplating their next target and beginning to fashion a bomb? That isn't possible, at least not in my opinion.

There is such a thing as physical exhaustion, which applies whether or not you are insane.There is also the thing called whether or not it is possible to run some 4,000 miles in relatively short amount of time. Actually, it is probably greater than that, given that SM is larger than the Earth. So you are asking a being to run from around the equator of a planet to somewhere near its pole in a few hours, max, and not feel exhausted like they are going to die. Instead, they are calmly contemplating their next target and beginning to fashion a bomb? That isn't possible, at least not in my opinion.
When were we told that they were in the south?

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Sorry about that Pirok, I've been pretty out of touch with the storyline lately and just drop by every now and then to suggest stuff that pops into my head. I guess I should've figured someone would have thought of that before.Also, we don't really know the true distance between Spherus Magna's landmarks, IIRC. If only we had a map more up-to-date than that old Bara Magna one, this would be easier to figure out.

p

Sorry about that Pirok, I've been pretty out of touch with the storyline lately and just drop by every now and then to suggest stuff that pops into my head. I guess I should've figured someone would have thought of that before.Also, we don't really know the true distance between Spherus Magna's landmarks, IIRC. If only we had a map more up-to-date than that old Bara Magna one, this would be easier to figure out.

If I could make one, I would. Know any good map makers?Anyhow, my theories are Podu, Takadox and Krakua.

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

When were we told that they were in the south?

While the robot fell in the north, The Serial the Powers that be begins in what "remains of the Bara Magna desert". It would be wise to assume that is in a southerly direction, although the robot did fall in the north. It's amazing what rereading Journey's End will reveal. :)I stand corrected.

I really, really doubt Podu, but Takadox and Krakua do seem to be the prime suspects. Did we ever disprove Velika? I know that was a pretty popular theory for a long time, but haven't seen it mentioned much lately.

I think we stopped talking about him because the theory got old.And the Podu theory was a joke. But, still, anything can happen, right?

I stand corrected.

First, my line, second, you left out '*Looks at Official TPTB Topic*'. :P Edited by Pirok the Va-Matoran

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

I stand corrected.

First, my line, second, you left out '*Looks at Official TPTB Topic*'. :P
:???:"I stand corrected" is your line? I'm confused. I did leave out that LONG quote and just quoted that last line to try to make it more concise. Is that against the rules here?And I didn't look at the topic to formulate my post, I looked at the serial.EDIT: Wait a second, the track of Lesovikk toward the first murder is "east, toward the village of Vulcanus" Vulcanus is in the south. Edited by fishers64

I stand corrected.

First, my line, second, you left out '*Looks at Official TPTB Topic*'. :P
:???:"I stand corrected" is your line? I'm confused. I did leave out that LONG quote and just quoted that last line to try to make it more concise. Is that against the rules here?And I didn't look at the topic to formulate my post, I looked at the serial.
That's okay, you can only quote specific lines if you wish. :PYes, I think I got it on page 2. I've had it for quite a while, now.EDIT: Here's a quote from the second time I ever used it:

This topic has given me a catchphrase. *Looks at Official TPTB Topic*I stand corrected.

So, any new murderer theories? Edited by Pirok the Va-Matoran

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

I would argue that Mutran didn't come out "fine." He always seemed more than a little crazy after that to me.As for the argument of the murderer crossing Spherus Magna - the story was written by Greg. He was always a fan of teleportation or just plain ignoring physics.
"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
-- Harlan Ellison

I would argue that Mutran didn't come out "fine." He always seemed more than a little crazy after that to me.As for the argument of the murderer crossing Spherus Magna - the story was written by Greg. He was always a fan of teleportation or just plain ignoring physics.
I didn't say that...

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

I didn't say that...
But I did. :)If he's going to teleport, he needs teleportation powers. If Greg's ignoring physics, then fine. I prefer that physics apply, thus my theory. I'm betting that Greg didn't use his Magic Author Powers on this one. That's the thing about a theory - it hasn't exactly been proven correct in every respect.

And there's a large chance our theories will never be proven correct. *Waits patiently for LEGO to 'accidentally' remove BIONICLEStory,com*Anyhow, GregF does have 'magic author powers', and there's one thing that should also be considered:The Deus Ex Machina.What if some dead villain has magically returned, and that's why we were told they wouldn't be suspected?

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

And there's a large chance our theories will never be proven correct. *Waits patiently for LEGO to 'accidentally' remove BIONICLEStory,com*Anyhow, GregF does have 'magic author powers', and there's one thing that should also be considered:The Deus Ex Machina.What if some dead villain has magically returned, and that's why we were told they wouldn't be suspected?

Dead villain? I can't think of one, besides Zaktan and a bunch of energy-fried Karda Nui Makuta. At least, beyond the murdered beings in this chapter, anyway. Dead villains are generally uncommon in Bionicle, because the Toa don't kill. So I think that's out.

Oops, I misquoted. This happens when you're trying to sort out who said what in a gigantic chain of quote-on-quote-on-quote-on-quote and would rather delete everything except the essential information that is being quoted. XDRegardless of who said it, I still find it unnecessary to form theories based on how quickly characters in BIONICLE can travel, because that is not a consistent, defined fact for anyone. Chances are that the murderer either teleported or simply got there because Greg wanted him there.As for bringing back dead villains - well, it could happen. Greg's only done that in one case I can recall (excluding Makuta), and that was Tuyet. That was a plot twist I don't think anyone remembers too fondly, since all it added to the story was yet another alternate dimension. But I digress. I was going to argue that in Tuyet's case, it wasn't clear if she'd died, but then I realized we'd actually seen her dead body, which is more conclusive evidence than simply Greg confirming someone's death will ever be, and she still came back. Since Tuyet, whom we all absolutely knew to be dead until then, was brought back by Greg's Magic Author Powers, it's more than likely we could see more "dead" characters returned to us. (Most obvious is Zaktan, but he's not relevant to the current discussion.)

Edited by Angel Bob
"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
-- Harlan Ellison

Oops, I misquoted. This happens when you're trying to sort out who said what in a gigantic chain of quote-on-quote-on-quote-on-quote and would rather delete everything except the essential information that is being quoted. XDRegardless of who said it, I still find it unnecessary to form theories based on how quickly characters in BIONICLE can travel, because that is not a consistent, defined fact for anyone. Chances are that the murderer either teleported or simply got there because Greg wanted him there.

GregF doesn't ignore physi-Just forget I said that. :P

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]