Set Review: 6869 Quinjet Aerial Battle

A regular set that comes with a brick separator? That's got to be a first. Wonder what the reason for its inclusion was.

Not really a first, even though it's a trend just emerging this year. Since the new brick separator was introduced, there have been several sets that include it, including three of the D.C. Universe Super Heroes sets from earlier this year and two Direct-to-Consumer sets (10224 Town Hall and 10230 Mini-Modulars).Anyway, this was an OK review, but one thing that often bothers me about BZPower set reviews is that the level of research put into them can be disappointing. For instance, when describing the new pieces:

We get 1x1 round tiles which will make great light detailing on just about anything; the interesting product of mixing cheese slopes and 1x2 plates; and these wonderful bracket pieces. I understand the bigger one's been around for a while, but the smaller ones are new. And man, I can see them having innumerable uses in various MOC's.

If you're at all uncertain about whether parts are new, a quick check on Bricklink can reveal it. In this case, neither of the two brackets have "been around for a while"-- they are both new to this year, and in fact both of them made their physical debut in this wave of Marvel Super Heroes sets (they had previously appeared in January's LDD update).Later on in the review, though this is a more minor issue, only one of Loki's staff pieces (the Sai) is from the Ninjago theme. The other (the main staff) has only ever appeared in the Pharaoh's Quest theme before this one.Other than these two minor errors the review was excellent, with great photos and a lot of detail. I'd hate for it to sound as though these minor quibbles ruined the review for me. I'd just like to encourage BZPower reviewers in the future to check the Bricklink inventory for a set they're reviewing before they make any assumptions about which pieces are new, which ones aren't, and where those that aren't new originated.

Love civilian Thor with the coffee mug. Man I love Thor.

He wants another.

If you're at all uncertain about whether parts are new, a quick check on Bricklink can reveal it. In this case, neither of the two brackets have "been around for a while"-- they are both new to this year, and in fact both of them made their physical debut in this wave of Marvel Super Heroes sets (they had previously appeared in January's LDD update).Later on in the review, though this is a more minor issue, only one of Loki's staff pieces (the Sai) is from the Ninjago theme. The other (the main staff) has only ever appeared in the Pharaoh's Quest theme before this one.

Oof, good catch. I did do a cursory inventory check for the bracket piece, but I found the other one (where the studs are up and the brackety part is hanging down) by mistake. My bad, dude.As for the staff, well, I suppose I assumed too much.But see, this is why we keep you around: catch my mistakes. =PThanks man.TMD Edited by Ta-metru_defender

Hand-drawn, bespoke avatar by none other than Mushy the Mushroom.

a body adrift in water, salt, and sky

Hey TMD, what set did the hair piece you gave tony stark come from? I've been trying to make the minifig from my loki's cosmic cube escape look good without the helmet but it needs hair....

I got it from the weightlifter in the 2nd series of collectible minifigs. You can see a full list of sets in comes in on Peeron here,TMD

Were you inspired to use that hair by this image?

Not conciously. I was sitting on the floor fiddling with the 'figs and thought: "y'know what would make a great hairpiece?"Most of my Lego's packed away somewhere so I don't have most of my collection and had to make do. Fortunately, it turned out perfectly. Whadaya know.TMD

Hey TMD, what set did the hair piece you gave tony stark come from? I've been trying to make the minifig from my loki's cosmic cube escape look good without the helmet but it needs hair....

Might I jump in here? TMD gave a pretty good website, but it doesn't list everything. For instance, I got my black hairpiece from the Quidditch set from the most recent batch of Lego Harry Potter sets. If I recall correctly, the black hairpiece is quite common.

Please search

AppleTStudios
=)

Also, if you have Xbox Live, I'll be playing Halo: Reach when it comes out so if you wanna play just send an invite to ATS Tony. I'm a fun person to play games with, especially if you like to just run around being random and funny =)

If you wish to contact me (the Goodbye topic is closed) then please do so through the information I have listed on my profile. Thank you =)

• 4 weeks later...
A regular set that comes with a brick separator? That's got to be a first. Wonder what the reason for its inclusion was.
One also came with the Orc forge. Strange that they are including so many brick seperators. This set looks pretty cool, though I don't know if i'll buy it. Thanks for the review.~ToSJ

"I pitea the fool!"

(quote by Chro)

98.7% OF BZPOWER MEMBERS HAVEN'T SEEN MY BUCKET 

IF YOU ARE ONE OF THE 1.3% THAT HAS SEEN MY BUCKET, COPY THIS AND PASTE IT INTO YOUR SIGNATURE

I MISS MY BUCKET