• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

Official Ninjago Wiki Topic

Ninjago TNW The Ninjago Wiki Wiki

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Meiko

Meiko
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Nuhvok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,042 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted May 15 2012 - 06:11 PM

Welcome to BZPower's Official topic for The Ninjago Wiki! This topic can be used to give feedback, ask for help, and learn about anything regarding TNW.About The Ninjago WikiThe Ninjago Wiki is an independent LEGO Ninjago reference site and community. Started by Bioran, Meiko, and Shadow Kurahk in December 2011, TNW is now the largest LEGO Ninjago reference, news source, and community.Several Things to Know
    [*]The Ninjago Wiki started out as a simple reference site, but quickly extended it's reach to news and reviews. To view news and reviews, see here.[*]TNW expects all members to follow their policy on their site, to keep it a positive community. Please read TNW's policy here.[*]TNW is not endorsed nor promoted by the LEGO Group. This means that TNW is not an official LEGO website, and is individually owned.[*]Even though this thread is about a site other than BZP and has some different policies than BZP, we expect you to follow all BZPower policies when posting in this thread.[*]If you need any help, feel free to contact any TNW staff. Find their contact addresses here, including their BZPower profiles. It is best to contact a Public Relations staff for general help, and an Executive Staff for more serious concerns or issues regarding management or anything else like that.[*]This subforum may be used as a "Ninjago Theories" forum as well as TNW-related content. Please keep in mind that story information goes in the general Ninjago topic.[*]Check these links to find discussion topics on different aspects of LEGO Ninjago: General Ninjago | Ninjago 2012 Sets | Ninjago TV Series[*]We will allow any user to create topics here, as long as they stay on topic. Please follow all other guidelines of the forum when doing so.[*]We'll let you revive this topic if it dies, since it'll be around for the long run, and we're accepting folk here.[/list]Useful Links
--
Meiko
News reporter and database administrator at Brickset (profile)
Administrator at Brickipedia (profile)
Former administrator at BIONICLEsector01 (profile)
MediaWiki developer (profile)

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

#2 Offline Damaracx Caratas Xarian

Damaracx Caratas Xarian
  • Members
  • Emerging Defender of Mata Nui

• 2,013 posts
  •  

Posted May 15 2012 - 06:45 PM

YAY! This wiki finally has a topic! I always wondered why it didn't.......any way I can't wait to see this wiki progress, because I have been very interested in Ninjago lately.

#3 Offline Legolover-361

Legolover-361
  • Members
  • Stellar Storyteller

• 3,495 posts
  •  

Posted May 15 2012 - 06:54 PM

Congratulations, TNW, on gaining your own sub-forum!An offhand question: Does the Ninjago Wiki plan on holding any Ninjago-related contests in the future?

#4 Offline Meiko

Meiko
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Nuhvok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,042 posts

Posted May 15 2012 - 07:09 PM

Does the Ninjago Wiki plan on holding any Ninjago-related contests in the future?

We have in fact thought about it, and are looking into doing one sometime soon. The first concern is to grow our community even larger with more activity to get some real attention if we were to do a contest. Even though we are the largest LEGO Ninjago community, we have a very small user-activity to site visitor ratio. We have plans and ideas to fix this however. Do you have any ideas of a good conteset?

--
Meiko

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

#5 Offline Legolover-361

Legolover-361
  • Members
  • Stellar Storyteller

• 3,495 posts
  •  

Posted May 15 2012 - 07:35 PM

Something in the veins of BS01's contests, probably -- I personally would probably only enter a writing contest, but art and MOC contests would also encourage creativity (and Ninjago story research, for which entrants would use your wiki :P). If you can't make the winning entries canon, you could always make them fanon.

#6 Offline Dorek

Dorek
  • Members
  • Master of Fear Frenzied

• 5,837 posts
  •  

Posted May 15 2012 - 07:36 PM

This gets placed in our subforum? Loooooooooool.Well, uh... congrats. Bathroom's on the right.Edit: Come on, be nice. It is the "Affiliates" subforum, after all. -Wind-

Edited by -Windrider-, May 15 2012 - 07:43 PM.

Posted Image

#7 Offline Meiko

Meiko
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Nuhvok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,042 posts

Posted May 15 2012 - 07:41 PM

This gets placed in our subforum? Loooooooooool.Well, uh... congrats. Bathroom's on the right.

Aw Dorek, that's so sweet of you. :3 I can't wait until your name appears in our recent changes. >:3

--
Meiko

#8 Offline -Windrider-

-Windrider-
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Global Moderators
  • Literally Kagome

• 5,350 posts
  •   BZP Staff

Posted May 15 2012 - 07:50 PM

I feel a bit silly, pinning this when there are no other topics in the forum, but gosh, it's just so fun to do. (And, the topic is an important one.)So, topic pinned!

#9 Offline Meiko

Meiko
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Nuhvok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,042 posts

Posted May 15 2012 - 07:56 PM

I feel a bit silly, pinning this when there are no other topics in the forum, but gosh, it's just so fun to do. (And, the topic is an important one.)So, topic pinned!

Thank you. I was going to ask about that. :P

Something in the veins of BS01's contests, probably -- I personally would probably only enter a writing contest, but art and MOC contests would also encourage creativity (and Ninjago story research, for which entrants would use your wiki :P). If you can't make the winning entries canon, you could always make them fanon.

It might be hard to make things canon... What we'd also need to figure out is prizes for a contest. It's not like we can get a bunch of prototype masks and weapons. :( We could have potentially gotten our hands on the costume used in the Ninjago Theme Song music video (The Weekend Whip; see the contest here), but it might be too late now. Technically we have strong chances of getting exclusive stuff from The Fold, the band behind the Ninjago theme song and more Ninjago songs, because we've had really good relations with them so far (They've even edited a few times :biggrin:).

Edited by Meiko, May 15 2012 - 07:57 PM.

--
Meiko

#10 Offline Electric Turahk

Electric Turahk
  • Premier Member
  • The Drifter

• 13,097 posts

Posted May 15 2012 - 08:02 PM

Well this is a development I wasn't expecting. Congrats to you guys.----For contests, go the simple route. Use sets as your prizes.~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

"He walks among us, but he is not one of us."

#11 Offline Ballom

Ballom
  • Premier Member
  • Great Disks Recovered

• 9,512 posts

Posted May 15 2012 - 08:13 PM

Congratulations on the new subforum! :)~B~

sands_banner.jpg

#12 Offline Meiko

Meiko
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Nuhvok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,042 posts

Posted May 15 2012 - 08:13 PM

Well this is a development I wasn't expecting. Congrats to you guys.----For contests, go the simple route. Use sets as your prizes.~|ET|~

Okay, if I can find the money. :P When BrickFair comes around, I'll get all the discounted Ninjago sets (not all, but many), so there may be a contest then.

--
Meiko

#13 Offline Bambi

Bambi
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Mask of Light Unveiled

• 5,063 posts
  •  

Posted May 15 2012 - 08:53 PM

Nice! It's always fun to see a new subforum.

#14 Offline Toa Smoke Monster

Toa Smoke Monster
  • Outstanding BZPower Citizens
  • Bohrok-Kal Vanquished

• 4,917 posts

Posted May 15 2012 - 10:15 PM

A new subforum. This is very interesting, indeed. I'll definitely keep my eye on this. :)

Everyone is one choice away from being a bad guy in someone else's story.

#15 Offline Flux: The Explorer

Flux: The Explorer
  • Members
  • Emerging Fluidic Master

• 1,291 posts
  •  

Posted May 15 2012 - 10:57 PM

Cool! Congratulations to TNW on the new subforum!

pWPTu7m.jpg

Credits go to Strack for the awesome sprite.

"Everyone wondered what powered Zane. I don't know if we'll ever know. I like to

think he was a brother. Because he powered me... and he'll still power me as his memory lives on.

A ninja never quits and a ninja will never be forgotten. Wherever you are Zane...

you'll always be one of us..."

~ Kai, Ninjago

#16 Offline Swert

Swert
  • Premier Member
  • BionicleSector01 Owner

• 5,614 posts

Posted May 16 2012 - 02:35 AM

As of 12:30 AM PDT, TNW is offline.I'm guessing either someone forgot to upgrade the bandwidth/memory, or the server's being maintenanced.Either way, congrats on the subforum. Let's see which one of us updates it more often! *continues not posting too much into BS01 subforum*

MinewellSig.jpg

#17 Offline Gatanui

Gatanui
  • Reporters
  • Senior News Finder

• 10,943 posts
  •   BZP Reporter

Posted May 16 2012 - 04:53 AM

This came unexpected. Huge congrats to TNW for getting your own subforum! :) This is fantastic, and I look forward to seeing this subforum evolve and gain popularity. Anyway, I see I have the ability to create topics. Is this because I am the Lead Reporter for the wiki or can everyone create topics here? Sorry for not posting any news lately, but I haven´t been able to, practicing for the final exam. I´ll try to keep up again. :)-Gata Posted Image

Edited by Gatanui, May 17 2012 - 06:23 AM.

Please don't use my avatar without permission, thanks ^_^

#18 Offline Meiko

Meiko
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Nuhvok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,042 posts

Posted May 16 2012 - 06:27 AM

As of 12:30 AM PDT, TNW is offline.I'm guessing either someone forgot to upgrade the bandwidth/memory, or the server's being maintenanced.Either way, congrats on the subforum. Let's see which one of us updates it more often! *continues not posting too much into BS01 subforum*

Eh, it happens. There should be backups, as we use CloudFlare. Anyways, it's back up now. It could have been something Bioran was doing. :P

This came unexpected. Huge congrats to TNW for getting your own subforum! :) This is fantastic, and I look forward to seeing this subforum evolve and gain popularity. Anyway, I see I have the ability to create topics. Is this because I am the Lead Reporter for the wiki or can everyone create topics here? Sorry for not posting any news lately, but I haven´t been able to, practicing for the final exam. I´ll try to keep ip again. :)-Gata Posted Image

Well, for three reasons...
    [*]Yeah, since you are a lead reporter, we count that as something cool and special. :P[*]We want to promote activity on our site, and we thought a way to do that would be to let anybody create topics if they need help with something specific, have a cool idea like an interface redesign or something else large like that, etc.[*]Black Six told me that customizing the privileges for certain subforums took a lot of time, so I let him off easy by not putting any special privileges or restrictions in place. This can be changed however, if it begins to pose a problem with this much freedom of all users in this subforum.[/list]As for not posting news lately, that's fine. It's that time of year where we all become busy.

Edited by Meiko, May 16 2012 - 03:21 PM.

--
Meiko

#19 Offline Bioran23

Bioran23
  • Premier Member
  • Fact Team Member

• 3,129 posts

Posted May 17 2012 - 05:08 AM

I'm keeping an eye on this. It seems to go offline normally at that time (You mentioned this to me yesterday as well) though never for long, so I would suspect it's some sort of maintenance model.~ Bioran

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

#20 Offline Meiko

Meiko
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Nuhvok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,042 posts

Posted Jul 28 2012 - 07:44 PM

The Ninjago Wiki will be going through major updates this weekend. Please expect some downtime, and several changes. Please read this article outlining what this will mean for users.
--
Meiko

#21 Offline unknown_user2596

unknown_user2596
  • Members
  • Lightning Voyager

• 334 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 18 2012 - 09:32 PM

I keep forgetting to ask this....when doing a review do I have to upload the pics directly to the wiki itself? Or can I use HTMLs from other image hosting websites?

#22 Offline Meiko

Meiko
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Nuhvok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,042 posts

Posted Aug 19 2012 - 01:18 PM

I keep forgetting to ask this....when doing a review do I have to upload the pics directly to the wiki itself? Or can I use HTMLs from other image hosting websites?

Good question. I hadn't really thought about it, but I'd prefer they get hosted on TNW's FTP. Once you edit and crop them, just email them to me at my Ninjago Wiki email (george.barnick@brickcraft.me) and I'll put them on our server. I'll then link you to the directory they end up in. Thanks for helping us on reviews! :)

--
Meiko

#23 Offline Fastcar800

Fastcar800
  • Members
  • Toa

• 150 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 21 2012 - 02:00 PM

Hello! I am Fastcar700. I am a moderator on The Ninjago Wiki. :hyper:

virux4.5-500.jpg

Semi-active As Of 11/20/2013

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users