• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

How You Can Help

TNW The Ninjago Wiki

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Infrared

Infrared
  • Outstanding BZPower Citizens
  • Armored Protector

• 323 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted May 15 2012 - 09:31 PM

Hi! I'm Morris the Mata Nui Cow from The Ninjago Wiki.So, TNW is currently the #1 Ninjago wiki in terms of viewership, and we need your help in keeping our content in line with our standards so we can deliver quality content to our ever-growing audience.StubsCurrently, we have a lot of stub pages (many of which are card and weapon pages) that could use some TLC. Many of those card and weapon pages are on there for a simple reason: because they are lacking set information. If you have some spare time and if you have own any of the cards or weapons, we'd appreciate it if you'd add set information to those pages. However, don't forget about the other stub pages: just because I haven't mentioned them doesn't mean that they're any less important. You can view a list of stub pages here.Pages Lacking Up-to-Date InformationAnother way that you can help out is by adding more up-to-date information to pages. Oftentimes, pages are created with up-to-date information but then are forgotten, and when new content comes out, they are not updated. The majority of the pages in this category are character pages that haven't been updated with information from series 2 of Ninjago: Masters of Spinjitzu. So, if you're a storyline fan and have been following the TV show, this would be a good way to contribute. You can view a list of pages lacking up-to-date information here.Pages Needing CleanupYet another way that you can help out is by cleaning up articles, or by rewriting them not to improve the quality of the information contained within the articles, but to improve the quality of the writing within the articles. If you enjoy writing and can do so in a clear, heightened manner, then you might enjoy cleaning up articles. You can view a list of articles that are in need of some cleanup here.Pages Lacking CitationsFinally, you can help by added citations to pages. Often pages are placed in this category when they contain disputed information that has not been cited. You can help us by finding official sources that either bolster or disprove disputed information. Then, after finding a source, either cite it or remove information disproved by it. A list of pages lacking citations is available here.Thanks for all of your help!

Edited by Infrared, Jul 14 2012 - 12:29 PM.

#2 Offline Meiko

Meiko
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Nuhvok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,028 posts

Posted May 16 2012 - 06:33 AM

In addition to adding citations to pages, many people ask how exactly you cite on The Ninjago Wiki. We have a useful guide to citations here. Please let me or Infrared know of any problems you might have, and we'll do our best to help.
--
Meiko
News reporter and database administrator at Brickset (profile)
Administrator at Brickipedia (profile)
Former administrator at BIONICLEsector01 (profile)
MediaWiki developer (profile)

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

#3 Offline Neelh

Neelh
  • Members
  • Flying Force!

• 2,337 posts
  •  

Posted May 21 2012 - 11:36 AM

Can you use BZPower accounts to log on to TNW?...Probably not.

I no longer need Taipu as I have achieved the impossible.

I have girlfriend.

the atlantic was born today

and i'll tell you how

the clouds above opened up

and let it out

#4 Offline Lyichir

Lyichir
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • A Chir Brother

• 1,630 posts
  •  

Posted May 21 2012 - 12:31 PM

No. While The Ninjago Wiki is now a BZP affiliate, it remains an independent wiki, under different ownership and management than BZPower (the same applies to Biosector01). However, signing up is easy, so if you feel like contributing, don't hesitate to start an account!

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence
Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

#5 Offline Neelh

Neelh
  • Members
  • Flying Force!

• 2,337 posts
  •  

Posted May 21 2012 - 01:22 PM

I tried to clean up All of Nothing.

I no longer need Taipu as I have achieved the impossible.

I have girlfriend.

the atlantic was born today

and i'll tell you how

the clouds above opened up

and let it out

#6 Offline Meiko

Meiko
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Nuhvok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,028 posts

Posted May 21 2012 - 01:45 PM

No. While The Ninjago Wiki is now a BZP affiliate, it remains an independent wiki, under different ownership and management than BZPower (the same applies to Biosector01). However, signing up is easy, so if you feel like contributing, don't hesitate to start an account!

Like Lyichir said, no, but we are considering some similar open graph plug-ins where you could log in using your Google or [social network with the blue bar at the top]. Since BZPower is powered by Invision, we'd need Invision to make an open graph plug in first.

I tried to clean up All of Nothing.

Thanks! :)

--
Meiko

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

#7 Offline unknown_user2596

unknown_user2596
  • Members
  • Lightning Voyager

• 334 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 12 2012 - 07:24 PM

Can additional set reviews be posted? I'm not a member, but I'm seem to be interested in adding in some more reviews...

#8 Offline Meiko

Meiko
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Nuhvok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,028 posts

Posted Jun 13 2012 - 06:50 AM

Can additional set reviews be posted? I'm not a member, but I'm seem to be interested in adding in some more reviews...

Sure, but we'd like to see a review you do beforehand, because we want to know how we'll approach it (chances are we'll let you submit you're own reviews, because our staff are too busy to get every set). If you are a user, just make a page under the name "User:YourUserName/Review of SetNumber", so it'd be like "User:Meiko/Review of 9450". Then we'll check it out, and we'll most likely post it, giving you credit of course. :D

--
Meiko

#9 Offline unknown_user2596

unknown_user2596
  • Members
  • Lightning Voyager

• 334 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 13 2012 - 08:51 PM

Sure, but we'd like to see a review you do beforehand, because we want to know how we'll approach it (chances are we'll let you submit you're own reviews, because our staff are too busy to get every set). If you are a user, just make a page under the name "User:YourUserName/Review of SetNumber", so it'd be like "User:Meiko/Review of 9450". Then we'll check it out, and we'll most likely post it, giving you credit of course. :biggrin:

Allright then. Do I also have to collaborate more on the wiki as well, or can one join just to post reviews?

#10 Offline Meiko

Meiko
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Nuhvok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,028 posts

Posted Jun 14 2012 - 06:26 AM

Sure, but we'd like to see a review you do beforehand, because we want to know how we'll approach it (chances are we'll let you submit you're own reviews, because our staff are too busy to get every set). If you are a user, just make a page under the name "User:YourUserName/Review of SetNumber", so it'd be like "User:Meiko/Review of 9450". Then we'll check it out, and we'll most likely post it, giving you credit of course. :biggrin:

Allright then. Do I also have to collaborate more on the wiki as well, or can one join just to post reviews?

If you join, you can do whatever you want really, as long as it follows rules and stuff, so yeah, the latter. We're working on a sort of "Review outline" that you could follow, but you could just follow a previous review as an example. Just remember that the review will represent the wiki as a whole, with your name on it however, but that means that we want it to be top quality, which I'm sure you can do. ;)

--
Meiko

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users