It Takes More To Be A Hero

Taka Nuvia

".. than just wearing an Avohkii"

speed_banner.jpg

Not a thumbnail this time, because I could not decide on which version to link. I prefer the bigger one, but since I don't like being bomarded with huge, screen-eating files, I thought I'd leave the choice to you. ^_^Anyways, what do we have here? It's a speed-paint from April. I just haven't gotten around uploading until now.Firstly, no, this is not me, my Bionicle alter-ego or OC, however you want to call it. Just another being that happens to be wearing an Avohkii. ;3Other than usual, there's actually a story behind the image; I wondered what would happen if evil would be expected from someone wearing a mask of light. And thus, a story of a Makuta swapping bodies with a Toa emerged in my head, and eventually led to the creation of this pic. (Yep, the epic showdown xD)Simple, huh?I originally played with the thought of submitting this to the AC, but somehow I wasn't sure whether it would be fitting, partly because it's, as said, a speed-paint, and partly because it doesn't really resemble a battlescape, IMO. :whatsthat:Any form of comments or criticism would be greatly, greatly appreciated. :)

20210512_strollin_banner.jpg

My art collection topic - updated! (21/09/2021)

Wow. Just, its... just... umm... wow.The black and white suits the piece very well, and a certain dark atmosphere is present.I was very captured.And hey, it looks like your digital art is improving!So sure, the lines might not be smooth, so sure, it has a rough feeling to it, but thats exactly what makes it special.Somehow the swirly lines in the background remind me of Van Gogh, the way the whole piece is made completely out of the lines..Yup. I'm comparing this to one of the greatest artistic geniusses of all time.I'm impressed, to say the least.Keep it up!-DwannyEDIT: i edited it because of Emile's comment, since i felt he was so completely right.

Edited by Dwanny

Somehow the swirly lines in the background remind me of Van Gogh.Yup. I'm comparing this to one of the greatest art geniusses of all time.

I think it's not so far from reality, Dwanny.It's an obscure scene, indeed. The lines are the real main characters of it, simply because they're everything of this pic: the light, the shadow, the substance, the place, the time. I really couldn't find any con, even under torture, IMO. I can't find any words to describe this. Just earn a 10/10. It's really worth it. Continua così! ;)

Wow, this is just sincerely impressive. The use of shading is brilliant, given it adds so much atmosphere. The fact that it's in black and white makes it even better, given it emphasises the intensity of the light. Not to mention that I love the way you've drawn the light bursting from the character's eyes.

LzcD9OS.png

I wrote stories once. They were okay.

Wow. Just, its... just... umm... wow.The black and white suits the piece very well, and a certain dark atmosphere is present.I was very captured.And hey, it looks like your digital art is improving!So sure, the lines might not be smooth, so sure, it has a rough feeling to it, but thats exactly what makes it special.Somehow the swirly lines in the background remind me of Van Gogh, the way the whole piece is made completely out of the lines..Yup. I'm comparing this to one of the greatest artistic geniusses of all time.I'm impressed, to say the least.Keep it up!-DwannyEDIT: i edited it because of Emile's comment, since i felt he was so completely right.

... wow. Just wow. Thanks a lot! I don't really know what to say right now... this means a lot to me.

Somehow the swirly lines in the background remind me of Van Gogh.Yup. I'm comparing this to one of the greatest art geniusses of all time.

I think it's not so far from reality, Dwanny.It's an obscure scene, indeed. The lines are the real main characters of it, simply because they're everything of this pic: the light, the shadow, the substance, the place, the time. I really couldn't find any con, even under torture, IMO. I can't find any words to describe this. Just earn a 10/10. It's really worth it. Continua così! ;)
A 10/10? Whoah, thanks ^_^ Also for the kind words <3

I love the style in which you drew this, it looks fantastic.The lack of colour also works very well with the theme and mood of the piece. And it also makes it look a bit like a charcoal drawing, which is always great.

Thank you! =DCharcoal? Huh, if you say so... I love doing black-and-white drawing because that way I can absolutely focus on light and darkness and won't get distracted by colour. :rolleyes:

Wow, this is just sincerely impressive. The use of shading is brilliant, given it adds so much atmosphere. The fact that it's in black and white makes it even better, given it emphasises the intensity of the light. Not to mention that I love the way you've drawn the light bursting from the character's eyes.

Thanks!The light-from-the-eyes part must have been what I enjoyed most about the scene depicted... xD So I'm glad it turned out well. ^^

20210512_strollin_banner.jpg

My art collection topic - updated! (21/09/2021)