So the last topic died. I just got an email form Nintendo about an update that fixes a couple of the glitches on Mario Kart 7, and I was wondering if, in light of the new update and whatnot, if anyone wanted to play. Any other Mario Kart discussion can happen here, too. Personally, I thought Double Dash's battle modes were the best [i loved Bob-Omb Blast in Pipe Plaza], and in terms of courses my favorites are spread out across the ones I've played so far -- Double Dash, Wii, and 7. BZPower Community Info:There are currently two BZPower Communities, one for races and one for battles.Name: BZPowerCode: 46-2396-1822-4197Rules: 150cc Grand Prix, All itemsName: BZPower BattlesCode: 25-1942-8076-5150Rules: Balloon Battle, All Items

{Z}

ME ME MELemme know when you're on. I'll be on the GP.Also, about the glitch: It says they also fixed glitches in Wuhu Loop and Bowser's Castle. Wut?Oh, and they only changed it for multiplayer, so I can still get insane Time Trial records! Yay!

Edited by Totally Not P~M

banner.jpg

I'm glad they fixed the maka wuku/ wuhu mountain glitch. I hated racing there online. whenever it was selected I would do the course the proper way even if others used the shortcut. I still used the shortcut when racing against the computer players in single mode or time trials cause there nobody can get mad at me for using it.

:smiletol: I am Takanui Nuva. The Toa Nuva of Light :smiletol:
11.gifI also go by Baron Von Brickenstein 11.gif

AFOL, Gamer and overall nice person.

One cup away from a 2-star rating... Still...Haven't played it much since I got Devil Survivor and later Kid Icarus.Anyways, I'm glad they patched it, that glitch was quite annoying. And I bet there will still be a bunch of people trying the glitch... AND I WILL WIN!!! =P

I love Mario Kart, especially Mario Kart 7. I currently have a two-star or better rank on all cups. I'm glad the Maka Wuhu shortcut was fixed; I never used it even on single player since I preferred to race each course as the developers intended (and because there's no joy in cheating, even against computer opponents).I was sceptical about the gliding and underwater segments before the game was released, but now that I have it I realize they're an excellent addition. I especially love how they even made sure to add these features to the retro courses. Flying over the train in Kalamari Desert is surreal, and I hope Nintendo maintains this feature in future games.The new courses are great, too. My personal favorites are Piranha Plant Slide (which draws from classic Mario games as well as 3D Land), DK Jungle (the first Donkey Kong course which I feel really captures the feel of the game it's based on), and the new Rainbow Road (which is so full of awesome I can't describe it all).

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

I love Mario Kart, especially Mario Kart 7. I currently have a two-star or better rank on all cups. I'm glad the Maka Wuhu shortcut was fixed; I never used it even on single player since I preferred to race each course as the developers intended (and because there's no joy in cheating, even against computer opponents).

You pretty much have to use it on Wi-Fi, or you will usually come in last.

"I pitea the fool!"

(quote by Chro)

98.7% OF BZPOWER MEMBERS HAVEN'T SEEN MY BUCKET 

IF YOU ARE ONE OF THE 1.3% THAT HAS SEEN MY BUCKET, COPY THIS AND PASTE IT INTO YOUR SIGNATURE

I MISS MY BUCKET 

^ Well, except for now, since you can't even race online without applying the patch, which removes the glitch online.I haven't raced online since it was fixed, though.And what shortcut glitches were there on Wuhu Loop and Bowser's Castle? 0_o

^ Well, except for now, since you can't even race online without applying the patch, which removes the glitch online.I haven't raced online since it was fixed, though.And what shortcut glitches were there on Wuhu Loop and Bowser's Castle? 0_o

Oh, I haven't played since then, so I didn't know. The Wuhu Loop glitch was that is you turned sideways on one of the boost pads going toward the lighthouse and launched into the water, you would respawn at the entrance to the town. I have never heard of the Bowser's castle glitch.

"I pitea the fool!"

(quote by Chro)

98.7% OF BZPOWER MEMBERS HAVEN'T SEEN MY BUCKET 

IF YOU ARE ONE OF THE 1.3% THAT HAS SEEN MY BUCKET, COPY THIS AND PASTE IT INTO YOUR SIGNATURE

I MISS MY BUCKET 

The Bowser's Castle glitch involves using a mushroom and jumping into a wall at the precise time, but it isn't really worth it, it only gives you around 5 seconds, and online MK races are unpredictable.And I played a few marches recently, some people are still trying to use the glitches. XD

Hahaha. xD Nice job people, just keep doing that. =PAs for the glitch, that's interesting, never knew of that. How's the balance seem now, with the patches, though?

Edited by Pit: Arrow of Light

• 2 weeks later...

Personally, I thought the game was way too easy. I got 3 Stars in every cup in every prix on my first try for the most part, even Mirror. Also, the random unlock feature was really annoying; it took forever for me to get a single part I wanted (probably just my luck), but I think it would be better if you got one part for each 50CC or 100CC cup you got first place in or something. Because the way it is now, there is absolutely no reason to complete those cups other than for practice.

Personally, I thought the game was way too easy. I got 3 Stars in every cup in every prix on my first try for the most part, even Mirror. Also, the random unlock feature was really annoying; it took forever for me to get a single part I wanted (probably just my luck), but I think it would be better if you got one part for each 50CC or 100CC cup you got first place in or something. Because the way it is now, there is absolutely no reason to complete those cups other than for practice.

The unlocked parts are actually based on how many coins you've earned. And you can get new parts more quickly by StreetPassing with other players. As for why you should complete those cups, it's to increase your star ranking (which you need to do, at least to get one star on each cup, to unlock the gold wheels). I have no idea how you got three stars in every cup so easily, seeing as getting less than first in any course is usually enough to bump your ranking down, and even getting first in all four races isn't always enough to guarantee three stars. A Lightning Bolt or Spiny Shell near the end of a race can be enough to ruin a three-star cup.If it's really too easy for you, switching to first-person view can make it worlds harder. And there's actually an unlockable for doing the majority of your races in that view (you get the gold steering wheel if something like 80 of your last 100 races were done in first-person).

@ Lyichir: By random, I meant that the pieces that you unlocked were chosen at random. I didn't appreciate not being able to choose the parts I unlocked.As for getting 3 stars, I have a few tips:1. (own experience) Use characters you hate. If you get obliterated by a barrage of Blue Shells and Thunderbolts and get a bad placing with your favorite character, you can get frustrated, which leads to worse racing. But if you don't like the character you're using, you won't mind if you get pummelled by items; it will be hilarious. You can race better that way.2. Always hang shells or bananas behind you in case of an untimely red shell.3. (own experience) Feather-weights are more subject to bad luck. I will never forget the time I was Lakitu on SNES Rainbow Road in 150cc. Got hit by a blue shell, fell off the track, landed on top of Donkey Kong, was shoved off again, was either Star'd or Thunderbolt'd, and placed 6th.4. Google 'Acceleration Glitch'. Use kart combos that use this.5. Acceleration is more important than Speed. The CPU rubberband anyway, so having fantastic acceleration (with the Acceleration Glitch) will help you do much better because you get hit by items way too much.6. (own experience) While collecting coins help you go faster, they do not decide how many stars you get in a cup. The deciding factors for 3 stars are placing 1st every race and spending at least 25% of each race in 1st7. Drift as much as you can.Hope I helped, if you have any questions you can just ask/PM me.

Makes sense.That's actually really counter-intuitive though, I always try to get as many coins as possible, and it SEEMED to correlate with my ranking. huh.

Same for me, but I suppose that makes sense. Getting as many coins as possible often involves getting to them before opponents, and not getting hit with attacks, both of which are good racing strategies anyway.

I try to get 10 coins every race, because it makes you go slightly faster. But I always seem to get hit by a Blue Shell, Green Shell, Red Shell, and/or Thunderbolt at the end of each race, so holding onto all coins can be hard. Also, what kart combination do you guys use? I usually go with Lakitu + Soda Jet + Wooden + Standard, because it has the best acceleration with the acceleration glitch, great handling and off-road, and decent speed.

• 2 weeks later...