Mr Tentacles

Brickeens

Brickeens, I am always in awe of your models (and mad photography skills), because no matter when you built it or when I see it, the pieces always look like they were made of each other. You have this ridiculous talent of putting things together in a way that just gets them to flow very well, and this is no exception. The top is particularly good; I thought it was one seamless part and couldn't figure out where each piece ended at first. I think you should have some black feet popping out the bottom, something that looks just like the tentacles, to reinforce the idea that the gunmetal is armor.Out of curiosity, how does the bohrok plate stay on?

Edited by Zaxvo

{Z}

I saw this on brickshelf during the downtime and wished I would've commented on it! It's pretty simple, but I love it. You've skillfully combined a sleek, heavy duty mechanical look with an organic, flowing structure. I can see how a WIP would've taken some effort with a build this simple (so many little things can go wrong), but you've made it look fantastic. -Shad

Very nice, I really like the name :PAlso I like how his head looks like a giant ufo, what piece is that?

Lonliness echoes through my mind like the reaper's footsteps,

Creeping, crawling until every reverberation of it fills my thoughts,

As the inky blackness of night overwhelms me and I begin to despair,

His hand, the One, will always be there to pull me through.

Don't you just love it when you lose all your BZPower info as well as your email info and are forced to use an old alt? I know I do!

Brickeens! It's been a long time, eh? Anyway, this looks great! I love how you made the body look so solid and neat. It's also good how you stuck to a good color scheme, though it probably would look better with some kind of eye? A translucent system stud would probably look nice on the Inika thigh armor. Lastly, this looks more like an alien-type android than a "tentacly" creature to me. :P

bacon_l.jpg

Bacon...

Need I say more?

Very clean, very stylish. The colour scheme is nicely understated and the proportions are great. It can be awesome to make massive MOCs with complex colour schemes, but sometimes it's better to keep it simple and get as close to perfect as possible, and you've done a good job here.Although I agree with Bacon! that a translucent stud in the Inika armour would make a great eye, which seems to be lacking at the moment.KUTGW

untitled-1hot.png

If you think about it, one of the major themes of BIONICLE is people being mistaken. The Great Beings; the Turaga; all of the inhabitants of the MU who don't realize they are inside a robot; the list is endless. The whole story is about beings who don't know what they really are and have woven a complex myth-based culture in place of the truth. That was one of the things that always appealed to me about the story -- the idea that when there is an information void, intelligent beings naturally rush to fill it with whatever they HOPE is the truth.

-GregF

Very elegant, but there's not much else I can say. The construction is all well hidden inside, and the outer parts at least give me no clue as I have no knowledge of HF parts. What bugs me about lego tentacles is they do precisely the opposite to the MOC as what real tentacles do. I imagine it's fairly inflexible and not all that posable.

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

Have you seen my Blog? I understand if you haven't

@PooZy: The tentacle arms are pretty restricted. They can't move much. @Paleo: The tentacles are connected to the lower legs using ball joints. @Zaxvo: Uh, I don't have mad photography skills. hehe.pngI'm actually happy with the boots as they are.The Bohrok plate is held on using minifig hands. If you look at the top of the plate you can see them poking out. @Jimothy: That's a Bohrok headplate put on backwards. @Airoski: Tension? @Taipu1: Yeah, the tentacles can't pose much, which is a real shame. Thanks so much for all the replies, chaps.

@Zaxvo: Uh, I don't have mad photography skills. hehe.pngI'm actually happy with the boots as they are.The Bohrok plate is held on using minifig hands. If you look at the top of the plate you can see them poking out.

Your photography skills might not be on the pro-level, but they're enough that your MOCs look excellent. Boots are a subjective thing, but the bohrok plate...I read your response and I could not believe it. That, good sir, is MOCing at its very best.

{Z}