• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

Forum Upgrade

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Black Six

Black Six
  • BioniLUG Member
  • BZPower Administrators
  • News Manager

• 02-August 01
  • 12,365 posts
  •   BZP Staff

Posted May 18 2012 - 11:47 AM

The forum upgrade has been successfully completed. There were a couple hiccups (I'll be posting a blog entry about that if you're curious), but nothing major. There will likely be a short followup over the weekend or early next week that might require some additional downtime, but it shouldn't be too long.I don't think there are many changes that should be visible to users after the upgrade, but if you have any questions, please post them here. The one thing you'll probably notice is that the position of the 'Blogs' link in the header has moved. This is due to some code changes on the IPS side and is necessary if we want the link to point to the blog list instead of the silly dashboard.Thank you all for your patience and understanding!-The Administration

#2 Offline BULiK

BULiK
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Nuhvok-Kal Attacks!

• 23-July 08
  • 3,073 posts
  •  

Posted May 18 2012 - 11:53 AM

for some reason all of the topics i've read became completely unread. is this happening to others too?

imx_327053664.png

76561198040925391.png

Exo-Force RPG Profiles- Max Layer

#3 Offline Squishyfrog

Squishyfrog
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Descending into Protodermis

• 17-September 09
  • 1,092 posts
  •  

Posted May 18 2012 - 11:53 AM

Lol, I'll probably accidentally be clicking the "Store" link for a little while. Still, I'll admit I was a tiny bit worried that this would become "The Great Downtime 2", lol.

overlordsukapon.png

#4 Offline Doctor J. Wotzon

Doctor J. Wotzon
  • Members
  • Gahlok-Kal Crushed

• 07-March 11
  • 4,604 posts
  •  

Posted May 18 2012 - 12:00 PM

for some reason all of the topics i've read became completely unread. is this happening to others too?

This happened to me too.Also, I have no notifications, though that may be because the forums went offline just as I did, unlikely as it may seem.

not a lot of things match my avatar

#5 Online Fairy Paladin

Fairy Paladin
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Mask of Time Discovered

• 11-October 07
  • 4,105 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted May 18 2012 - 12:04 PM

Yup, same here.Just out of curioucisty, what is that "Entry image" in the blogs section for? (it doesn't work, I tried that out; just curious what it's supposed to do...)

00doubt.jpg

^ click the above banner to read "Doubt", a two part comic connected to the Bionicle Mafia Booksby Voltex!

A Slightly Different Tale | Latest art: The Calm Before The Storm (Hahli Inika)

#6 Offline The Swimming Beard

The Swimming Beard
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Strange But Not A Stranger

• 05-April 12
  • 2,247 posts
  •  

Posted May 18 2012 - 12:12 PM

Was the word filter changed? Because I noticed a few words were no longer on it.

Edited by Toa of Smooth Jazz, May 18 2012 - 12:12 PM.

Posted Image

SCM-541: The White Viper

Winner of BBCC 68!

(Formerly known as The Swimming Beard)

#7 Offline Gatanui

Gatanui
  • Reporters
  • Senior News Finder

• 31-July 05
  • 11,166 posts
  •   BZP Reporter

Posted May 18 2012 - 12:18 PM

Was the word filter changed? Because I noticed a few words were no longer on it.

If the word filter is changed it will be announced. If any words that were previously filtered can be used now, it´s likely a remnant of the recent attacks. Please report them to Black Six.It´s silly how the new software places the members tab on the navigation before the forums tab. :annoyed: Apart from that, not too much to be commented, apart from how well this worked. ^_^ Blogs having the same header as the forums is a nice change, too.-Gata Posted Image

Edited by Gatanui, May 18 2012 - 01:00 PM.

- Gata signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

#8 Offline Meiko

Meiko
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Nuhvok-Kal Attacks!

• 01-April 07
  • 3,097 posts

Posted May 18 2012 - 12:25 PM

I've noticed a few updates. They are fairly decent, and I don't see them causing a problem in the future, not like they would. :P
--
Meiko - @georgebarnick
LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia
News reporter and database administrator at Brickset
Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

#9 Offline I Am A Walrus

I Am A Walrus
  • Outstanding BZPower Citizens
  • Master of Poison Loose

• 09-April 10
  • 5,595 posts

Posted May 18 2012 - 12:30 PM

Now that you mention it, the same has happened to me too. (Though it doesn't really bother me too much.)Anyway, I've noticed that the 'members' and 'forum' links in the header have switched places. Anyone else notice that?

What's up? I'm a Walrus now. B-)

Check out my Bionicle short stories The Agori and A Skakdi Horror Story.

Also check out my comedy series Adventures of the Bara Magna Sets!

#10 Offline Indigo Individual

Indigo Individual
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Return to Metru Nui

• 14-October 11
  • 7,568 posts
  •  

Posted May 18 2012 - 12:34 PM

Everything has been set to unread, and the blogs list is looking completely messed up to me. Lines in entry names, member names, and blog names are based on letters, so there's a really big space for each blog. :confused:

2014-12-05_00001.jpg

#11 Offline An/A Blade

An/A Blade
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Disintegration Resolved

• 11-August 07
  • 6,994 posts
  •  

Posted May 18 2012 - 12:46 PM

Yeah, this has happened to me. I'm trying to find all the ones I'm typically is, so that things don't get messed up when they get posts in again. =P

#12 Offline Than the Moa

Than the Moa
  • Global Moderators
  • Senior Q&A Guru

• 06-December 02
  • 9,057 posts
  •   BZP Staff

Posted May 18 2012 - 12:55 PM

We got it guys, a bunch of stuff went back to unvread. We don't need people to keep quoting the first person that said it and then saying "yeah, me too!" Besides, that isn't a big issue at all.

Yo.

#13 Offline Damaracx Caratas Xarian

Damaracx Caratas Xarian
  • Members
  • Emerging Defender of Mata Nui

• 08-November 11
  • 2,025 posts
  •  

Posted May 18 2012 - 12:58 PM

This happened to me too.Also, I have no notifications, though that may be because the forums went offline just as I did, unlikely as it may seem.

This happened to me as well......I also realized some changes in the comic section such there being a list be low mine that say MNOG kit or something like that.

#14 Offline Gatanui

Gatanui
  • Reporters
  • Senior News Finder

• 31-July 05
  • 11,166 posts
  •   BZP Reporter

Posted May 18 2012 - 01:03 PM

This happened to me as well......I also realized some changes in the comic section such there being a list be low mine that say MNOG kit or something like that.

That´s a list of all topics using the same tags as yours. I didn´t even notice it before you pointed it out and it´s a nice change, makes finding similar topics easier. ^_^ If only the listed topics were actually related, it would be great. :P-Gata Posted Image

Edited by Gatanui, May 18 2012 - 02:43 PM.

- Gata signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

#15 Offline fishers64

fishers64
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Rahkshi Unleashed

• 05-July 10
  • 5,991 posts
  •  

Posted May 18 2012 - 01:37 PM

*clicks through forums and remarks stuff as read*I noticed some snazzy updates for the mobile site, like the addition of a fast reply box at the bottom. I have yet to check, but maybe the IPB mobile app will actually work now...and I'll swing in later on my computer to see what other interesting stuff awaits me. :)

16028406952_a8c31f0bfe.jpg15838451978_fa70afcd66_m.jpg

#16 Offline Doctor J. Wotzon

Doctor J. Wotzon
  • Members
  • Gahlok-Kal Crushed

• 07-March 11
  • 4,604 posts
  •  

Posted May 18 2012 - 01:43 PM

I've also noticed that when you click on a PM conversation, it sends you to the first unread message instead of the first one, which I appreciate tremendously :D

not a lot of things match my avatar

#17 Offline Flux: The Explorer

Flux: The Explorer
  • Members
  • Fluidic Master Nuva

• 08-November 11
  • 1,302 posts
  •  

Posted May 18 2012 - 01:44 PM

This was also happening to me. I also noticed a few changes to this place like the "tag" part on some of the topics.

pWPTu7m.jpg

Credits go to Strack for the awesome sprite.

"Everyone wondered what powered Zane. I don't know if we'll ever know. I like to

think he was a brother. Because he powered me... and he'll still power me as his memory lives on.

A ninja never quits and a ninja will never be forgotten. Wherever you are Zane...

you'll always be one of us..."

~ Kai, Ninjago

#18 Offline The Renegade Emperor

The Renegade Emperor
  • Members
  • Battling Makuta!

• 08-December 10
  • 515 posts
  •  

Posted May 18 2012 - 02:00 PM

I also noticed Forums and Members lists got exchanged...

halo4-spartans.jpg

#19 Offline An/A Blade

An/A Blade
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members

• 11-August 07
  • 6,994 posts
  •  

Posted May 18 2012 - 02:02 PM

We got it guys, a bunch of stuff went back to unvread. We don't need people to keep quoting the first person that said it and then saying "yeah, me too!" Besides, that isn't a big issue at all.

My bad. =/ Typically when an issue is noted(Even if it's small), it's a good idea to gauge how many members it affects. Problem is, it seems it's affecting everyone. =PQuick question, though; this affects the blogs too. Is there any quick way to mark blogs as read, without going in and going through every single entry? There used to be a block with similar options on my blog, but I had merged that with a few other blocks back before the upgrade last time... So, I can't really find it any more, and the icon next to the blog, which used to do the same thing, got changed to a 'head to recent entry/comment' style button when the blogs were overhauled. =/

#20 Offline BULiK

BULiK
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Nuhvok-Kal Attacks!

• 23-July 08
  • 3,073 posts
  •  

Posted May 18 2012 - 02:25 PM

My bad. =/ Typically when an issue is noted(Even if it's small), it's a good idea to gauge how many members it affects. Problem is, it seems it's affecting everyone. =PQuick question, though; this affects the blogs too. Is there any quick way to mark blogs as read, without going in and going through every single entry? There used to be a block with similar options on my blog, but I had merged that with a few other blocks back before the upgrade last time... So, I can't really find it any more, and the icon next to the blog, which used to do the same thing, got changed to a 'head to recent entry/comment' style button when the blogs were overhauled. =/

there should be a content block on the right in some cases on the leftthat says mark blog as read

imx_327053664.png

76561198040925391.png

Exo-Force RPG Profiles- Max Layer

#21 Offline Bambi

Bambi
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Mask of Light Unveiled

• 31-March 08
  • 5,087 posts
  •  

Posted May 18 2012 - 02:30 PM

Hopefully we can find out more about the themes button in the blogs. Thanks for the update!

#22 Offline Ziko

Ziko
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Retired Staff
  • Stone Champion Defeated

• 04-October 07
  • 2,772 posts
  •   Retired Staff

Posted May 18 2012 - 02:39 PM

Hopefully we can find out more about the themes button in the blogs.

That's been a feature since the first upgrade, only now it has a button that probably can't be taken out. We might use that when BZP gets more skins--one use of it would allow members to set a specific skin to always be used in their blog. Its other use, customized CSS, probably would not be used because every edit requires admin approval--it would be very time consuming for the admins to go through every customization request and make sure that none of the changes break anything.

Edited by Ziko, May 18 2012 - 03:28 PM.

#23 Offline Bfahome

Bfahome
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Blog Assistants
  • Not currently at home

• 01-February 08
  • 6,047 posts
  •   BZP Assistant

Posted May 18 2012 - 02:43 PM

there should be a content block on the right in some cases on the leftthat says mark blog as read

That doesn't seem to be there anymore.However, it seems that clicking the "go to recent" button marks the blog as read. At least it did for mine and BlogAlert's when I tried it.(I really do not like what they did to blog navigation in the recent versions. It's a pain.)

Oh the hero comes I can hear the drums and the horses drawn to the kingdom come through the pale moonlight
Our hearts ignite to the call
Posted Image
Claim your prize for a crown of stars in the name of love be the sacrifice you and I will stand and fight
Our backs to the wall

#24 Offline The Swimming Beard

The Swimming Beard
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Strange But Not A Stranger

• 05-April 12
  • 2,247 posts
  •  

Posted May 18 2012 - 02:46 PM

I see that the "The Moderating Team" page has been upgraded.

Posted Image

SCM-541: The White Viper

Winner of BBCC 68!

(Formerly known as The Swimming Beard)

#25 Offline An/A Blade

An/A Blade
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members

• 11-August 07
  • 6,994 posts
  •  

Posted May 18 2012 - 03:03 PM

That doesn't seem to be there anymore.However, it seems that clicking the "go to recent" button marks the blog as read. At least it did for mine and BlogAlert's when I tried it.(I really do not like what they did to blog navigation in the recent versions. It's a pain.)

That didn't seem to work for me; just tried it a few times on a couple blogs, including yours... It appeared to work on mine, though, oddly enough. 0_o

#26 Offline The Dandy Automaton

The Dandy Automaton
  • Premier Member
  • FFM Bionicle Winner

• 26-March 07
  • 8,008 posts

Posted May 18 2012 - 03:15 PM

The Blog "theme" update looks interesting. It'll be interesting to see what comes of it, though I'm happy to be patient given I've never complained before about the appearance of my blog. It's nice enough to have one. :PI can imagine I'll end up visiting both the calender and the store a lot more than I would generally like for a few weeks, which might be entertaining for a little while, but hey, what can ya do?

shadowofthisredrock.png

Chapter four - Desire

Coming soon!

Short Stories: The Commute ~ Rasinov ~ In Your Absence ~ Hunter's Game ~ Suchia (Coming soon)

Epics: The Best Kept Secrets (Chapter 27: The Shadow Walker coming soon) ~ The Shadow of this Red Rock

#27 Offline Meiko

Meiko
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Nuhvok-Kal Attacks!

• 01-April 07
  • 3,097 posts

Posted May 18 2012 - 03:47 PM

Something I just noticed. The favicon isn't rendering for me. All I'm getting is the IP.Board logo. Here's a screenshot if it helps. :PEDIT: Nevermind about the screenshot. It said "You are not allowed to upload images with this extension" or something of the sort. :

Edited by Meiko, May 18 2012 - 03:48 PM.

--
Meiko - @georgebarnick
LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia
News reporter and database administrator at Brickset
Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

#28 Online Arc

Arc
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Members
  • Emerging Defender of Mata Nui

• 29-August 09
  • 2,024 posts
  •  

Posted May 18 2012 - 03:58 PM

I seem to be having to select fonts twice to get the font to show when I submit the post.

Edited by Architect, May 18 2012 - 03:58 PM.

b2284d5563.png

#29 Offline Tyler Durden

Tyler Durden
  • Members
  • BZPRPG Staff and OTC RPG Judge

• 28-July 08
  • 11,978 posts
  •  

Posted May 18 2012 - 03:58 PM

The "also tagged" feature is annoying. I get a whole subforum's worth of topics on some pages whenever I click on something with "discussion."-Teezy

and again, pathetic confusion.

ghostie.jpg

dorian, you aint changed.

#30 Offline Aanchir

Aanchir
  • Premier Member
  • Another Chir Brother

• 04-September 06
  • 4,823 posts

Posted May 18 2012 - 04:05 PM

Stuff becoming not marked as read is a bit irritating, but I'm just clicking the "mark as read" button on any forums and topics I keep up with after I make sure that there's nothing new.Glad to see the site back promptly as promised. :)

Posted Image recommends the following sites:
Posted Image Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#31 Offline Scanty Demon

Scanty Demon
  • Premier Member
  • Steely Visionary

• 21-April 10
  • 361 posts

Posted May 18 2012 - 04:38 PM

I would like to point out that on the mobile version of BZP there is no "Blogs" button on the mobile dashboard. I can however access the blogs when I'm not on BZP mobile.

NGX30lD.png

#32 Offline Ddude

Ddude
  • Members
  • Battling Makuta!

• 16-August 10
  • 511 posts
  •  

Posted May 18 2012 - 05:01 PM

On the topic of blogs, I can't access them from the mobile website...

#33 Offline Dorek

Dorek
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Rahkshi Unleashed

• 30-January 06
  • 5,992 posts
  •  

Posted May 18 2012 - 05:06 PM

Not a big fan of the way the tabs are now arranged.That aside, I don't see much different, so... cool beans. Hope things are smoother for you guys and such.

Hey, ask a question, get an answer =P. Maybe make a note of common issues in the first post, or whatever, so people don't keep bringing up the same issues.

Posted Image

#34 Offline Peach 00

Peach 00
  • Banned Members
  • Submerged!

• 31-August 09
  • 1,195 posts
  •  

Posted May 18 2012 - 05:31 PM

I don't see a huge difference honestly, but I guess it doesn't matter, as most of it seemed like it was all blog-related. =/Plus, I noticed when I go to login at the home page, when I hit the login button and give my username and password, it would log me in to the forums and would just refer me back to the home page. This happened despite the fact the forums were back up.I was not sure if you guys were aware of this, but I thought I'd let you guys anyway - perhaps it's just a glitch, but I could be wrong.
On the day the wall came down / They threw the locks onto the ground
And with glasses high / We raised a cry / For freedom had arrived

On the day the wall came down / The ship of fools had finally run aground
Promises lit up the night / Like paper doves in flight

I dreamed you had left my side / No warmth, not even pride remained
And even though you needed me / It was clear that I could not do a thing for you

Now life devalues day by day / As friends and neighbors turn away
And there's a change that even with regret / Cannot be undone

Now frontiers shift like desert sands / While nations wash their bloodied hands
Of loyalty, of history / In shades of grey

I woke to the sound of drums / The music played, the morning sun streamed in
I turned and I looked at you / And all but the bitter residues slipped away

slipped away...

#35 Offline Dorek

Dorek
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Rahkshi Unleashed

• 30-January 06
  • 5,992 posts
  •  

Posted May 18 2012 - 05:49 PM

Also, I can't seem to get a direct link to posts when I click the number on it; it just takes me to the post (which I can copy/paste from the browser, if I need to, but it's not the best substitute), without the previous pop-up thing appearing.

Posted Image

#36 Offline Black Six

Black Six
  • BioniLUG Member
  • BZPower Administrators
  • News Manager

• 02-August 01
  • 12,365 posts
  •   BZP Staff

Posted May 18 2012 - 10:14 PM

The favicon should be fixed. It just may take a little bit for your browser to refresh the changed.The 'also tagged' feature has been disabled.I also fixed an issue where the login popup was no longer displaying.We're looking into several of the other things that have been brought up.

#37 Offline HAZMAT

HAZMAT
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Retired Staff
  • Flying Force!

• 15-October 05
  • 2,365 posts
  •   Retired Staff

Posted May 18 2012 - 10:47 PM

Yay favicon and yay also tagged is gone.Also I didn't even notice that the dashboard wasn't default anymore but wow thanks for that. Is there any way to bookmark blogs though, like there was on the old forums?

If you're referring to making them appear at the top of the list, no.The most you can do is Follow the blog, and get notifications when there's a new entry.

#38 Offline Black Six

Black Six
  • BioniLUG Member
  • BZPower Administrators
  • News Manager

• 02-August 01
  • 12,365 posts
  •   BZP Staff

Posted May 19 2012 - 08:59 AM

As far as blogs on the mobile site goes, you have two options:
    [*]Go to the main page and click the 'Blogs' link - this works fine and brings you to the mobile blog page.[*]Go to the bottom of the mobile forums and click 'Full Version' - this brings you to the normal site where the blogs link appears.[/list]We do not make the mobile site, it's something that comes as a part of the Invision package. Don't ask me why they made the design choices they did, but I image it was a tradeoff between ease of use on a small-screened device and full functionality.

#39 Offline Indigo Individual

Indigo Individual
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Return to Metru Nui

• 14-October 11
  • 7,568 posts
  •  

Posted May 19 2012 - 11:20 AM

The site keeps randomly stopping following topics.For instance, I just had to click the 'follow' button in the Onu-Wahi topic for BZPRPG for the second time today because the site automatically unfollowed it, and I've had to do the same for Techna: Breakdown. :confused:

2014-12-05_00001.jpg

#40 Offline The Renegade Emperor

The Renegade Emperor
  • Members
  • Battling Makuta!

• 08-December 10
  • 515 posts
  •  

Posted May 19 2012 - 11:46 AM

Anyone noticed randomized emoticons' list?

halo4-spartans.jpg

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users