Forum Upgrade

Black Six

The forum upgrade has been successfully completed. There were a couple hiccups (I'll be posting a blog entry about that if you're curious), but nothing major. There will likely be a short followup over the weekend or early next week that might require some additional downtime, but it shouldn't be too long.I don't think there are many changes that should be visible to users after the upgrade, but if you have any questions, please post them here. The one thing you'll probably notice is that the position of the 'Blogs' link in the header has moved. This is due to some code changes on the IPS side and is necessary if we want the link to point to the blog list instead of the silly dashboard.Thank you all for your patience and understanding!-The Administration

Was the word filter changed? Because I noticed a few words were no longer on it.

Edited by Toa of Smooth Jazz

"I pitea the fool!"

(quote by Chro)

98.7% OF BZPOWER MEMBERS HAVEN'T SEEN MY BUCKET 

IF YOU ARE ONE OF THE 1.3% THAT HAS SEEN MY BUCKET, COPY THIS AND PASTE IT INTO YOUR SIGNATURE

I MISS MY BUCKET 

Was the word filter changed? Because I noticed a few words were no longer on it.

If the word filter is changed it will be announced. If any words that were previously filtered can be used now, it´s likely a remnant of the recent attacks. Please report them to Black Six.It´s silly how the new software places the members tab on the navigation before the forums tab. :annoyed: Apart from that, not too much to be commented, apart from how well this worked. ^_^ Blogs having the same header as the forums is a nice change, too.-Gata signoff.jpg Edited by Gatanui

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

I've noticed a few updates. They are fairly decent, and I don't see them causing a problem in the future, not like they would. :P

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

for some reason all of the topics i've read became completely unread. is this happening to others too?

Now that you mention it, the same has happened to me too. (Though it doesn't really bother me too much.)Anyway, I've noticed that the 'members' and 'forum' links in the header have switched places. Anyone else notice that?

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

Everything has been set to unread, and the blogs list is looking completely messed up to me. Lines in entry names, member names, and blog names are based on letters, so there's a really big space for each blog. :confused:

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

for some reason all of the topics i've read became completely unread. is this happening to others too?

Yeah, this has happened to me. I'm trying to find all the ones I'm typically is, so that things don't get messed up when they get posts in again. =P

This happened to me too.Also, I have no notifications, though that may be because the forums went offline just as I did, unlikely as it may seem.
This happened to me as well......I also realized some changes in the comic section such there being a list be low mine that say MNOG kit or something like that.

This happened to me too.Also, I have no notifications, though that may be because the forums went offline just as I did, unlikely as it may seem.
This happened to me as well......I also realized some changes in the comic section such there being a list be low mine that say MNOG kit or something like that.
That´s a list of all topics using the same tags as yours. I didn´t even notice it before you pointed it out and it´s a nice change, makes finding similar topics easier. ^_^ If only the listed topics were actually related, it would be great. :P-Gata signoff.jpg Edited by Gatanui

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

*clicks through forums and remarks stuff as read*I noticed some snazzy updates for the mobile site, like the addition of a fast reply box at the bottom. I have yet to check, but maybe the IPB mobile app will actually work now...and I'll swing in later on my computer to see what other interesting stuff awaits me. :)

We got it guys, a bunch of stuff went back to unvread. We don't need people to keep quoting the first person that said it and then saying "yeah, me too!" Besides, that isn't a big issue at all.

My bad. =/ Typically when an issue is noted(Even if it's small), it's a good idea to gauge how many members it affects. Problem is, it seems it's affecting everyone. =PQuick question, though; this affects the blogs too. Is there any quick way to mark blogs as read, without going in and going through every single entry? There used to be a block with similar options on my blog, but I had merged that with a few other blocks back before the upgrade last time... So, I can't really find it any more, and the icon next to the blog, which used to do the same thing, got changed to a 'head to recent entry/comment' style button when the blogs were overhauled. =/

We got it guys, a bunch of stuff went back to unvread. We don't need people to keep quoting the first person that said it and then saying "yeah, me too!" Besides, that isn't a big issue at all.

My bad. =/ Typically when an issue is noted(Even if it's small), it's a good idea to gauge how many members it affects. Problem is, it seems it's affecting everyone. =PQuick question, though; this affects the blogs too. Is there any quick way to mark blogs as read, without going in and going through every single entry? There used to be a block with similar options on my blog, but I had merged that with a few other blocks back before the upgrade last time... So, I can't really find it any more, and the icon next to the blog, which used to do the same thing, got changed to a 'head to recent entry/comment' style button when the blogs were overhauled. =/
there should be a content block on the right in some cases on the leftthat says mark blog as read

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

Hopefully we can find out more about the themes button in the blogs.

That's been a feature since the first upgrade, only now it has a button that probably can't be taken out. We might use that when BZP gets more skins--one use of it would allow members to set a specific skin to always be used in their blog. Its other use, customized CSS, probably would not be used because every edit requires admin approval--it would be very time consuming for the admins to go through every customization request and make sure that none of the changes break anything. Edited by Ziko

there should be a content block on the right in some cases on the leftthat says mark blog as read
That doesn't seem to be there anymore.However, it seems that clicking the "go to recent" button marks the blog as read. At least it did for mine and BlogAlert's when I tried it.(I really do not like what they did to blog navigation in the recent versions. It's a pain.)

OpAXNpl.jpg

That doesn't seem to be there anymore.However, it seems that clicking the "go to recent" button marks the blog as read. At least it did for mine and BlogAlert's when I tried it.(I really do not like what they did to blog navigation in the recent versions. It's a pain.)

That didn't seem to work for me; just tried it a few times on a couple blogs, including yours... It appeared to work on mine, though, oddly enough. 0_o

The Blog "theme" update looks interesting. It'll be interesting to see what comes of it, though I'm happy to be patient given I've never complained before about the appearance of my blog. It's nice enough to have one. :PI can imagine I'll end up visiting both the calender and the store a lot more than I would generally like for a few weeks, which might be entertaining for a little while, but hey, what can ya do?

LzcD9OS.png

I wrote stories once. They were okay.

Something I just noticed. The favicon isn't rendering for me. All I'm getting is the IP.Board logo. Here's a screenshot if it helps. :PEDIT: Nevermind about the screenshot. It said "You are not allowed to upload images with this extension" or something of the sort. :

Edited by Meiko

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

On the topic of blogs, I can't access them from the mobile website...

Generation reeeeeeeeeeeee: If you see this, don't copy it into your signature. Get off your computer. Go outside! Go for a walk! Appreciate the beauty of the world while you're young and energetic and full of unwarranted enthusiasm. 

Not a big fan of the way the tabs are now arranged.That aside, I don't see much different, so... cool beans. Hope things are smoother for you guys and such.

Hey, ask a question, get an answer =P. Maybe make a note of common issues in the first post, or whatever, so people don't keep bringing up the same issues.

I don't see a huge difference honestly, but I guess it doesn't matter, as most of it seemed like it was all blog-related. =/Plus, I noticed when I go to login at the home page, when I hit the login button and give my username and password, it would log me in to the forums and would just refer me back to the home page. This happened despite the fact the forums were back up.I was not sure if you guys were aware of this, but I thought I'd let you guys anyway - perhaps it's just a glitch, but I could be wrong.

On the day the wall came down / They threw the locks onto the ground

And with glasses high / We raised a cry / For freedom had arrived

On the day the wall came down / The ship of fools had finally run aground

Promises lit up the night / Like paper doves in flight

I dreamed you had left my side / No warmth, not even pride remained

And even though you needed me / It was clear that I could not do a thing for you

Now life devalues day by day / As friends and neighbors turn away

And there's a change that even with regret / Cannot be undone

Now frontiers shift like desert sands / While nations wash their bloodied hands

Of loyalty, of history / In shades of grey

I woke to the sound of drums / The music played, the morning sun streamed in

I turned and I looked at you / And all but the bitter residues slipped away

slipped away...

Also, I can't seem to get a direct link to posts when I click the number on it; it just takes me to the post (which I can copy/paste from the browser, if I need to, but it's not the best substitute), without the previous pop-up thing appearing.

Yay favicon and yay also tagged is gone.Also I didn't even notice that the dashboard wasn't default anymore but wow thanks for that. Is there any way to bookmark blogs though, like there was on the old forums?

If you're referring to making them appear at the top of the list, no.The most you can do is Follow the blog, and get notifications when there's a new entry.

As far as blogs on the mobile site goes, you have two options:

[*]Go to the main page and click the 'Blogs' link - this works fine and brings you to the mobile blog page.[*]Go to the bottom of the mobile forums and click 'Full Version' - this brings you to the normal site where the blogs link appears.

We do not make the mobile site, it's something that comes as a part of the Invision package. Don't ask me why they made the design choices they did, but I image it was a tradeoff between ease of use on a small-screened device and full functionality.

The site keeps randomly stopping following topics.For instance, I just had to click the 'follow' button in the Onu-Wahi topic for BZPRPG for the second time today because the site automatically unfollowed it, and I've had to do the same for Techna: Breakdown. :confused:

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill