Lego Monster Fighters Now Available

The new LEGO Monster Fighters theme has arrived at Lego S@H, and on shelves in Germany, Austria, and Switzerland. Choose from eight different monster-themed sets ranging from 9461 The Swamp Creature to 9468 Vampyre Castle! Although they are, as of yet, only available online and in LEGO Stores in Europe, they should be hitting retail shelves in the US soon, so be on the lookout!View the full article

These sets look really cool, but I most likely won't be getting any of them.

I'm thinking along the same lines as you, as nice as the sets are, they don't really seem to make me crave them too much.Oh, and anyone else find the Werewolf holding its claws weird...? It would have been better to make new hands which could fit in the minifig hand socket like the claw "Jack McHammer" has on him methinks.

hakann_sig_copy.jpg

I'm thinking along the same lines as you, as nice as the sets are, they don't really seem to make me crave them too much.Oh, and anyone else find the Werewolf holding its claws weird...? It would have been better to make new hands which could fit in the minifig hand socket like the claw "Jack McHammer" has on him methinks.
Yeah, the Werewolf's claws could have been done better. Maybe they could have designed a custom piece or something.

"I pitea the fool!"

(quote by Chro)

98.7% OF BZPOWER MEMBERS HAVEN'T SEEN MY BUCKET 

IF YOU ARE ONE OF THE 1.3% THAT HAS SEEN MY BUCKET, COPY THIS AND PASTE IT INTO YOUR SIGNATURE

I MISS MY BUCKET 

Jack McHammer's claw doesn't fit in an ordinary minifigure hand socket; it fits in the stud at the end of the specialied "robot arm" introduced in the 2008 Agents sets.There are a few specialized hand molds out there (pirate hooks and boxing gloves, for instance), but I think one reason TLG might not have wanted to do that is that they don't like to encourage switching minifigure hands around. The connection between minifigure hands and arms is not designed to be separated and re-attached a lot of times, thus part of the reason why minifigure torsos, arms, and hands come pre-assembled. By making the claws a separate accessory from the hands, they can be put on whatever minifigure you choose.Additionally, for the Wolverine fig in the Marvel Super Heroes theme (which also uses them), they wanted them to be able to be attached and removed depending on whether you wanted his claws extended.

These are now available in the Lego shop in the USA. That is, every one except the one I am planning on buying. http://www.bzpower.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/mad.gif

Edited by Toa of Smooth Jazz

"I pitea the fool!"

(quote by Chro)

IF YOU ARE ONE OF THE 1.3% THAT HAS SEEN MY BUCKET, COPY THIS AND PASTE IT INTO YOUR SIGNATURE

I MISS MY BUCKET 

Jack McHammer's claw doesn't fit in an ordinary minifigure hand socket; it fits in the stud at the end of the specialied "robot arm" introduced in the 2008 Agents sets.There are a few specialized hand molds out there (pirate hooks and boxing gloves, for instance), but I think one reason TLG might not have wanted to do that is that they don't like to encourage switching minifigure hands around. The connection between minifigure hands and arms is not designed to be separated and re-attached a lot of times, thus part of the reason why minifigure torsos, arms, and hands come pre-assembled. By making the claws a separate accessory from the hands, they can be put on whatever minifigure you choose.Additionally, for the Wolverine fig in the Marvel Super Heroes theme (which also uses them), they wanted them to be able to be attached and removed depending on whether you wanted his claws extended.
Wait... so the pirate hooks don't come pre-assembled? I don't really know much about the newer hands...

These are now available in the Lego shop in the USA. That is, every one except the one I am planning on buying. http://www.bzpower.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/mad.gif

Which one is that O:?

hakann_sig_copy.jpg

Wait... so the pirate hooks don't come pre-assembled? I don't really know much about the newer hands...
Pirate hooks do come pre-assembled, as do the boxing gloves in Minifigures Series 5. But my point is that TLG probably avoids making too many specialized hand molds so as not to encourage switching of them. Especially on figs like Wolverine who should be able to be used with or without those claws.

9465 The Zombies, I reckon.

I think I'll probably get some of these for the pieces. The robot leg and the bowler hat on one minifigure is definitely going in my collection! The use of the fez is also brilliant on that sniper, and I might want to get that guy too. Monsters look okay for specialized themes or minifigures, but otherwise are a little dull. The Moonstone is really just a copy of Atlantis, and I wish Lego came up with something better. All in all, they're pretty good sets, the only thing that redeems them is the monster fighter figures, some design features, and the functions. I might get one or two.

Pirate hooks do come pre-assembled, as do the boxing gloves in Minifigures Series 5. But my point is that TLG probably avoids making too many specialized hand molds so as not to encourage switching of them. Especially on figs like Wolverine who should be able to be used with or without those claws.

Yeah, that's the one.

"I pitea the fool!"

(quote by Chro)

I MISS MY BUCKET 

I found most of the sets at my local TRU. They didn't have Zombie Wedding though, nor Vampyre Castle.

jimistringer.png

Why are orange and black such a good color Combination ? Purple is pretty, and so is blue. Pink hurts your eyes, green is quite mellowing, black is very threatning, red is cool, orange is SO awesome, yellow's hard to read... But you can't see white at all! Oh, wait. I forgot brown.

Here's my thoughts: If a person tells the truth and says, " I always lie," Is he lying? Or is he telling the truth? And what has a mouth, but no head, and a body, but no torso? Do caterpillars like to tend to supporting colum of stone's every need? Or is that name misleading by nature? Speaking of nature, why are the children of animals called offspring? don't many young beasts come alive in spring, and thus, should be called onspring? Heeeeeeyy..... I got the first post on a page for the first time. Who knows; it may happen again. What the... It did happen again... and again...

YEAH! I'M ENCOUNTERING PROTODERMIS!

I can't wait for these sets to arrive in my stores! They look amazing! I love the wolf claws. Speaking of those claws, does anyone know if the Wolverine set is sold in any stores other than the Internet? I've looked through my local Walmart, Target and Toys R Us and no one has it...

Please search

AppleTStudios
=)

Also, if you have Xbox Live, I'll be playing Halo: Reach when it comes out so if you wanna play just send an invite to ATS Tony. I'm a fun person to play games with, especially if you like to just run around being random and funny =)

If you wish to contact me (the Goodbye topic is closed) then please do so through the information I have listed on my profile. Thank you =)

I can't wait for these sets to arrive in my stores! They look amazing! I love the wolf claws. Speaking of those claws, does anyone know if the Wolverine set is sold in any stores other than the Internet? I've looked through my local Walmart, Target and Toys R Us and no one has it...

They had it at my local Toys R Us. I don't know about anywhere else.

"I pitea the fool!"

(quote by Chro)

I MISS MY BUCKET 

Yeah, that's the one.
@Aanchir: Oh ok, I guess wolverine would look weird having perma-claws...@Toa of Smooth Jazz: Ooh cool hammer truck, though I wonder if the hammers upset the vehicle's balance...

hakann_sig_copy.jpg

I plan on getting at least one set in this theme, though I'm not sure which one yet. I really like this theme, because it's the best Monster theme I've seen, and the sets are very nice looking. The "story" is also pretty good. Anybody want to recommend a set for me? :P

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

I plan on getting at least one set in this theme, though I'm not sure which one yet. I really like this theme, because it's the best Monster theme I've seen, and the sets are very nice looking. The "story" is also pretty good. Anybody want to recommend a set for me? :P

I'm planning on asking for the Vampyre Castle for Christmas, and would be happy to let you help me build it. In terms of what others would make good buys, there's a lot of variance. Most of the sets feature at least one exclusive minifigure, with the exception of the Ghost Train (which would make a good purchase anyway, since its figs don't overlap with the Vampyre Castle and it's awesome besides) and the Vampyre Hearse (which isn't as good a purchase, since its coolest features are all available in other sets). In terms of easy purchases, I'd recommend The Swamp Creature, which has a very unique monster who hasn't even been depicted in the Collectable Minifigures, unlike most of the others.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

I'm planning on asking for the Vampyre Castle for Christmas, and would be happy to let you help me build it. In terms of what others would make good buys, there's a lot of variance. Most of the sets feature at least one exclusive minifigure, with the exception of the Ghost Train (which would make a good purchase anyway, since its figs don't overlap with the Vampyre Castle and it's awesome besides) and the Vampyre Hearse (which isn't as good a purchase, since its coolest features are all available in other sets). In terms of easy purchases, I'd recommend The Swamp Creature, which has a very unique monster who hasn't even been depicted in the Collectable Minifigures, unlike most of the others.
I'm thinking about getting 9467 The Ghost Train for myself. I just wish I could find some good reviews of it... That Swamp Creature does look pretty awesome. I might just do what I did and get whatever I can with however much money I have next time I go to a store. The only problem with that is I'm currently dead broke. :(

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.