Bionicle: Broken Hope

ZTG

Review: http://www.bzpower.com/board/index.php?showtopic=4901&pid=274180&st=0entry274180Prologue:He slithered through the grass and dirt, hissing and searching for prey. He was a snake, a snake named Metus. He hissed with rage, rage from being turned into, this! A cowardly snake that slithered on the dirt that used to be sand. "curse that, Mata Nui!" he hissed in anger, "He turned me into the creature I am! And he brought the tribes against my united army! Why when I see him again I-" as he was about to finish, he felt a cold wind go down his scaly neck. He looked to where the breeze came from and saw...a mask? It was as black as the shadowy night, and a green mist flowed from it, that struck fear into the transforme agori. "come...." said a cold raspy voice. The snake slithered slowly towards the mask and examined it. "...you know Mata Nui?" the mask said, apparently a spirit was talking to snake,"know him? Wish I didn't! He turned me into this! He defeated my army!" the snake hissed,"so....you have met the Great Spirit?" the mask asked,"yes, yes I did..." "I see an opertunety for the both of us," "What's that?" "I want revenge, as do you. I can give you power, enough to kill him, a...win win as they say,""how do I trust a talkin mask?""snakes are just as untrustworthy,""...it's agreed I suppose,""where is Mata Nui?"The snake looked around and saw a city, it was roughly a few bio away. "maybe at that city?" the snake gestures its head to the city,"touch the mask, and you will be stronger than you where before,"And without hesitation, with a lustful look in his eyes for power, his tail touched the mask and a black flame eclipsed the snake.Chapter 1: The Rogues"Run old man run!!!" he yelled running as fast as he could. His name was Deusui, a toa of sonics, and an assassin for hire."You toa nowadays," the old being said, "always in a rush, why when I was a toa-""don't start with me Turaga Vakama!" Deusui said, "we don't have time for any of your history lessons! That was more than a mellinia ago! Right now we have to get these masks to safety like you said! Why are we even doing this?!""Those masks are special!" Vakama said, "hurry we a re almost to the Rememberance!""Turaga Vakama you are one crazy old man if you believe these masks can stop Metus,"The Rememberance was the tallest building in the city, in te middle of it infact. It was a shrine to the fallen, those who died for freedom, and those who lived to tell their tales. It happened to be where the Mask of Life, the Ignika was kept safe and locked away.The two were almost there, until the sounds of mechanical feet could be ears in the ally ways. Deusui's sensitive eating could pick it up faster than Vakama, and he stopped and looked around fast. He grabbed the Turaga, and tossed him on his back. "hold on tight!" he said activating his Mask of Stealth, "we've got Bounty Toa on us!"

Edited by Zacax

"Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become,"-C.S. Lewis

Chapter 2: The InventorThe young Toa was busy repairing the bounty toa, machines program to protect the city. The Toa's name was Zacax, he was a Toa of Fire and Electricity. He was an inventor and a gunsmith, and his job now was to work on the machines that kept this city safe. The youn toa was almost finished witht the latest prototype for a new Maxlios design, which were once used by the Order. "It's done Metera!" Zacax shouted to his boss, "Come and take a look!"His master came into the room with his special cloak, given to the leaders. He was tall, about the hight of a glatorian, and his colors were white, light blue and grey."A fine work it is," said the glatorian like being, "Another great invention Zacax,""Well its ready yet, just a prototype," Zacax said, "but this is the basic design, pretty soon this shall be better than the bounty toa!""be sure to let me look over it after its finished," Metera said, "As always!" Zacax said and then went back to work, "I'm sir?""Yes Zacax?""Exactly, why must you look over the designs again? I mean sure you do it with everything I make, but why a Maxlios? I mean it was used by the Order and it shouldn't Need to over looked if they used it for a long time,""I just like to add some modifications to it,""Then why not tell me what else to add?""..that'll be all Zacax," Metera said as he went bak to his chambers. Zacax was confused, the designs were full proof, and what did Metera know about the machines? I mean wasn't that the reason he was hired? To build machines that would defend New Spherus? He got his tools and went out of the workshop. He decided to go the Rememberance chambers of the building, to pay his respects to his mentor, Tahukama.

Edited by Zacax

"Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become,"-C.S. Lewis

Chapter 3: The Warrior and SquireLighting filled the air, unnartural yellow lightning. The electric bolts came from a young Toa of Lightning, who was practicing her powers as a Toa. She was Ambera. She was classed in yellow and black flexible armor, and she wore the Mask of Speed. Her target? Her master, Lornatiz, a Toa Psionics."Ambera," she said while in the air with her telekinetic powers, "focus more on where I'm heading than where I was," Lornatiz was classed in dark blue and gold armor, and was equipped with a Saw Blade and the Mask of Kindred. She had mentored the young toa since she was a matoran, and before Metera taking command."But your moving to fast!" Ambera moaned, she was tired as running low on energy. She spent already an hour trying to strike the powerful toa. Unlike most Toa of Lightning, she was not the best at aim nor savinher energy, she used too much, and she would always grow weak faster than others. Hence her training with Lornatiz."you should be the one moving fast Ambera," Lornatiz said with a disappointed tone as she floated softly to the ground, "As a Toa of Lightning, you should be swift, agile, stealthy, vigilant, and quick to think,""I'm sorry..." Ambera said defeated, "but I feel like I have to use a lot in order to take down my enemies, like you,""if you think I muster up a ton of energy for one foe, your are far from right," Lornatiz said offended, "I use only a small amount, so I can save my energy, and so I can think more than use brute force. We will train tommorrow, again, get some rest,"

Edited by Zacax

Chapter 4: VenomousMetus, or as to the inhabitants, Metera, walked to the balcony and overlooked the city he had under his control, if it weren't for that mask, he wouldn't have killed the original leader, and his brothers and sister. He had everything under control, he had imprisoned all toa, enslaved all the matoran, an he glatorian and agori ran off to the wilderness. Yes, he had Zacax as his servant, and that Toa of Sonics is roaming the streets with Turaga Vakama. However, only the toa, agori and glatorian, besides Zacax know who he truly was, and the matoran had lost their memory of the coup d'état, thanks to his new powers. No one could stop him."Master..." said a raspy, cold voice that cold give your shivers, "I have word about the rogues," the voice came from a giant rahkshi, with a vahki head. His eyes were red as blood, his long bulky arms where covered in spikes that were either silver or lime green, had spikes that ran down his back to his small tail, giant silver claws that could pierce a Toa's armor, and long muscular legs. He walked per to Metus breathing heavily, which was normal for this beast."yes Bonar?" Metus asked turning his head to the mutant rahkshi, "The bounty toa are on their tails. Shall I send the rahkshi in?" Bonar hissed,"That won't be necessary, we should have new robots to capture them,""Does this young toa know what he is doing?""Ha! He thinks his machines are protecting the city, but with the mask of shadows, they are protecting it from its protectors! And best of all, he thinks his mentor died, like the rest of those toa! Have you found a way to open the lock?""the keys were stolen by the Turaga, and he must be returning here,""suicide! Unless....send in the rahkshi now!"

Chapter 5: TruthThe young toa went to the Rememberance chamber. It was large, light ble, and there many tombstones that where each the size of the toa and glatorian that died. He made it to one that was both dark red and gold, with a golden Hau on the top of it, with the hero's past written in matoran."I miss you, dad..." Zacax said as he read the history of his mentor and father. He got off his knees and went back to work, until he noticed something...a platform was slightly sticking out of the ground. Zacax went over to it and lifted it up, and found a staircase that went down under the chamber, possibly to the bottom of the tower. He got on the staircase and climbed down it. After nearly an hour he made it to the bottom, and found a door with what was an acces pad next to it. Zacax started typing in passwords, but nothing. Zacax then pulled of his wrench and started breaking through the door, and the mechanical doors flew off. He went through the broken doors, and found...no...it couldn't be!Deusui had gotten him and the Turaga to a matoran work house, with the Turaga he had no problem hiding, Deusui...not so much...he kept an eye out for the bounty toa, while then Turaga told the matoran about why has happened."Turaga don't they know about this?" Deusui Sao impatiently, "I mean they're imprisoned here!""they don't know..." Vakama said sadly, "Metus did somethig to them..."Deusui turned his head slowly toward the Turaga, "What?""Metus must have wiped away their memories of the toa, Teridax, everything he saw was important to get rid of!""which means....""Only we, the glatorian and agori and Metus know...."Zacax couldn't believe it....toa imprisoned in cages....everywhere....does Metera know of this?! He looked around and saw the cages go up to the ceiling...this room had to be nearly 30 feet tall! "hey you!" one yelled at him, and the young toa walked towards the prisoner."who are you? What has happened? Why are they down here?!" Zacax asked"I am Toa Norik," the toa said, "Metus happened...he captured us, imprisoned us all down here, except for you I see. This cages prevent us from using our masks or elemental powers, and our weapons can't pierce through them!""why would this Metus use my cage design? I must tell Metera!" Zacax said as he went off runnin to inform his master,"you dont get it!" Norik yelled at the Toa. Zacax stopped and tuned around and looked at the Toa of Fire, "Metera is Metus,"

Chapter 6: The Fallen DuoAmbera woke up from her nap and got up to get her duties done. She grabbed her energy claw and went outside. Her mentor wasn't there. She went to Lornitaz's chambers. Not there either. Ambera thought where her mentor was. But then she stopped and went to her room and just plopped on her bed, and relaxed, "finally a break!" she out bursted. Where was her master? Right now, fighting one of Metus's generals. It was Helsina, a corrupted Glatorian, one who could use Elemental Powers. And beside the corrupted being, was a weird monster, it was green, lime green and black with a black limbs. It was called by the name, Sherg, and it was carnivorous and monstrous as it was ugly. "Why?" Lornitaz said trying to block the trident of the corrupted Glatorian, "You were a great Glatorian and a friend of Mata Nui, but why join the darkness?!""To bring back him!" Helsina said pushing back the Psionic Toa, "Metus promised!""But he has brought this upon our matoran, forced your kind and the agori out and imprisoned the Toa!""They didn't agree with his plan,""And what is it?!"Helsina finally pushed the Toa to the ground and walked to the fallen being, "Use the powers of The Shadow Master,""Him?! He almost killed you, your people, and wants Mata Nui dead!" Helsina tried to get Helsina to realize,"Maybe I can get on his good side,""Kiina you, Ackar and Gresh helped Mata Nui kill him! And now look, your a minion of his power and Gresh is...that!""he was always my pet,"Zacax was shocked, "What?! So your saying....my inventions are causing chaos?!""Those Bounty Toa are from you?!?!?" Norik yelled in anger, "Why I wasn't in this cage I'd-""-Hey! That's my pupil Norik!" said a low voice from te back, "He didn't know, I told him to help his city!"Zacax turned around, and he saw something he thought he had lost....he felt a spark in his heart "Tahukama?"

Chapter 7: Pre-RebellionZacax rushed over to the voice and he was right! Tahukama was alive!"Dad!" Zacax yelled as he rushed to the Toa,"Zacax!" Tahukama said with joy, "it's good to see you!""How are you alive?!" Zacax asked"I've always been alive, but Metus stripped me of my power and armor,""but...you have your armor on," Tahukama signed and breathed in, "I'm afraid I have a lot to tell you,"As soon as the powerful Toa was about to speak, the sound of footsteps, loud footsteps, on the metallic floor could be heads from a distance. "Zacax leave now!" Tahukama yelled,"No, I just found out your not dead!" Zacax defied, "Go! before Garncha gets here!""Garncha?"As Zacax finished his sentence, he felt a cold chill going down his back. Fear clouded his mind, and his body shivered and trembled as he felt a dark essence flow around him. He turned his head slowly and saw two, red, devil like eyes. He saw a tall black being, with spiked armor that looked like thorns, it's hands were replaced by claws that were silver, two chainsaw-like blades on its back, and a black essence flowed from under it's mask, which was the mask of shadows....the being store down at the youn Toa with its soulless red eyes, an drawed out or of its swords. "A makuta?" Zacax muttered in fear,The being snorted and swung its sword at Zacax. The young Toa dropped to the ground quick and dodged the killer blade. "ZACAX RUN! RUN AWAY FROM GARNCHA!!!" Tahukama yelled,Zacax didn't hesitate to run away, and ran quickly for the way he came in. Garncha didn't let up, he charged at Zacax and hurled a bolt of dark energy at the red Toa. The bolt hit Zacax and forced him to the ground. Zacax tried to get up, but all he could move was his head, the bolt had paralyzed him. Garncha stood over the Toa and drew out his second sword, and raised both into the air and swung them down in an X formation, swinging them down to the Toa to execute him."Halt!" said a voice. Garncha's swords were but an inch from Zacax's neck, and the black being withdrew his blades with a huff. The owner of the voice approached out of the darkness to Garncha. "Metera," Zacax said with anger, "Or should I say Metus,""Why so angry?" Metus chuckled,"YOU LIED TO ME!" Zacax yelled, "MY WHOLE LIFE ON THIS TOWER, A LIE!!!!! I THOUGHT I WAS HELPING MY PEOPLE, BUT MY MACHINES WERE CAUSING CHAOS!!!!! Those modifications you told me you made, were just MAKING THEM CORRUPT ON PURPOSE!!!!""So sad..." Metus shook his head, "My inventor, noes the truth...put him in the 'special' prison, Garncha, along with the assassin and turaga,""You won't get away with this!" Zacax yelled,"Oh, but I did, and you helped," Metus said with a smirk and walked out with an evil laugh.Garncha picked up the paralyzed Toa and carried him to te prison. He sighed, he couldn't control his actions. He was forced. Garncha took te Toa to the door of the cell, and placed him down and entered the code to the door. "....you aren't evil..." Garncha said to Zacax,"....wait what?" Zacax asked, "what do you mean?"".....you have a chance for redemption....save everyone...save me..." Garncha said placing Zacax in, "....tell the turaga, Takanuva lives...and that I'll help you three revive the Toa Nuva..."Garncha tossed Zacax in and left. 'Mata Nui protect him' the ex Toa of light thought....he was controlled by shadows, only his thoughts and heart weren't corrupt...Takanuva was now Garncha, The Fallen Light....

Edited by Zacax