What Should The Next Spinny Be? Or Should There Only Be 10?

fishers64

Another thought outside of the box here, I know it's traditional, but who says it has to be a spinny? It could be a stationary image, rotating about the x or z axis as opposed to the y, or something animated to its own purpose?

Then I guess an Infected Hau would have been the best choice. Simply because, as it's the tenth anniversary and the mask was the very first image we saw.

Something like that would be awesome. Just that stationary image, possibly half Mata-Nui island would be brilliant.

Every single spinny before Tohu came from that year's sets. The orange vahi was a huge part of the first story, and it was the first "legendary mask", and was featured on the mask boxes, though it was not inside them. It was a huge promo deal in 2001.

What about the Kanohi Hau? Yes the specific piece in the image is the one present in Tahu Stars, and it came out that year, but it's relevance to the story couldn't be more minimal.

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

Have you seen my Blog? I understand if you haven't

Every single spinny before Tohu came from that year's sets. The orange vahi was a huge part of the first story, and it was the first "legendary mask", and was featured on the mask boxes, though it was not inside them. It was a huge promo deal in 2001.

What about the Kanohi Hau? Yes the specific piece in the image is the one present in Tahu Stars, and it came out that year, but it's relevance to the story couldn't be more minimal.
You got it in your reply. That Hau came out that year. In the story, it was the most significant thing in any sets that year. And until Tohu, the spinny was always something that had actually appeared in sets. I see no reason to stop that tradition; Tohu was a special case for 10 years. Although it gets you thinking what we can do for the big 20, when that rolls around. It's hard to outdo Tohu. Perhaps we can do a spinning GregF head? :P

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

You got it in your reply. That Hau came out that year. In the story, it was the most significant thing in any sets that year. And until Tohu, the spinny was always something that had actually appeared in sets. I see no reason to stop that tradition; Tohu was a special case for 10 years. Although it gets you thinking what we can do for the big 20, when that rolls around. It's hard to outdo Tohu. Perhaps we can do a spinning GregF head? :P

It comes down to whether you think the spinnies are based around sets or storyline. Because there were plenty of things more significant the Hau for that year storyline-wise. Set-wise, there was very little to choose from for that year. If the spinnies are based around sets, why is the Hau not the spinny for year 1?

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

Have you seen my Blog? I understand if you haven't

I want this forum to stay BIONICLE-related. It's what I'm here for, after all. Hero Factory may have come after the big B, but to me it's not a "successor" or anything, it's just the next line of sets in an unrelated theme. I have no feelings for it whatsoever.There are still plenty of BIONICLE-related material that can work. Tohu's been on BZP since the beginning, really, there's no real reason he should be last in the line. The other spinnies may have followed a year-by-year theme, but Tohu has no specific year.Personally, I feel Makuta needs a spinny, so the Krahkaan would be a good choice. Krana, a Bohrok head, Mata Nui's bot head, Zaktan's head, a small Takua or anything related to a major character could work too. For year 4 we have a Rahaga head, though the first thing that came to mind for me then was a Rahkshi from '03. It's not like it has to be year-related.

Edited by Katuko

[...]Personally, I feel Makuta needs a spinny, so the Krahkaan would be a good choice. Krana, a Bohrok head, Mata Nui's bot head, Zaktan's head, a small Takua or anything related to a major character could work too. For year 4 we have a Rahaga head, though the first thing that came to mind for me then was a Rahkshi from '03. It's not like it has to be year-related.

A Bohrok head would be really really awesome.

20210512_strollin_banner.jpg

My art collection topic - updated! (21/09/2021)

• 4 weeks later...

I'm so disappointed in all of you for not mentioning the Nuva Cube. I mean come on.Also, a compromise between BIONICLE and Hero Factory fans...the Hydraxon/Von Nebula helmet? Eh? EH?None of those fit the year though so that's not so good.signoff.png

crickety man.....

good nigh t

lonk

I don't particularly care that much, but I definitely would rather it be Bionicle than Hero Factory -- this is still a Bionicle site, after all, even if Bionicle is dead and we're opening up to other Lego themes. newso1.png

"As a writer you ask yourself to dream while awake." ~ Aimee Bender

Lego brick or something.Because we're not really that much of a Bionicle forum.
That would actually be nice. A revolving red 2x4 brick, which would also show that we're a more broadly LEGO based fan site now.-ibrow
I disagree. This site, at it's heart, is still a Bionicle forum.

"I pitea the fool!"

(quote by Chro)

98.7% OF BZPOWER MEMBERS HAVEN'T SEEN MY BUCKET 

IF YOU ARE ONE OF THE 1.3% THAT HAS SEEN MY BUCKET, COPY THIS AND PASTE IT INTO YOUR SIGNATURE

I MISS MY BUCKET 

Yes, BZPower at its heart is Bionicle, and yes, it will always be that way - but the site is clearly more generally Lego oriented these days, and I think that it would be a good idea for the spinny to reflect that. If it NEEDS to have Bionicle, I'm sure we could have a gear from back in 2001/2002 sitting on top of the brick.-ibrow

Yes, BZPower at its heart is Bionicle, and yes, it will always be that way - but the site is clearly more generally Lego oriented these days, and I think that it would be a good idea for the spinny to reflect that. If it NEEDS to have Bionicle, I'm sure we could have a gear from back in 2001/2002 sitting on top of the brick.-ibrow
Yeah, as we become geared more toward Lego, it'll probably happen eventually. But if it has to be that way, I think something basic like the brick would be okay.
A spinning UDD symbol for sure.
YUS!!! :D

Nuparu1995

92% of teens have moved onto rap.

If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature.

320px-0,540,38,392-Batman_memorial.jpg

R.I.P. - 7/20/2012

I'm telling you guys, it'll be HF.
Is that what you want, or just something you think will happen? :)
It's something I know will happen.
How do you know?

"I pitea the fool!"

(quote by Chro)

98.7% OF BZPOWER MEMBERS HAVEN'T SEEN MY BUCKET 

IF YOU ARE ONE OF THE 1.3% THAT HAS SEEN MY BUCKET, COPY THIS AND PASTE IT INTO YOUR SIGNATURE

I MISS MY BUCKET 

I'm telling you guys, it'll be HF.
Is that what you want, or just something you think will happen? :)
It's something I know will happen.
How do you know?
Maybe because he´s staff. :PThe spinny is as good as decided, actually. There has been a very good-looking attempt by Bfa noone seems to care competing against. ^_^-Gata signoff.jpg

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

Don't want to sound hateful, but we should never do HF spinnies. I mean seriously guys, we need to keep some things BIONICLE based. Either way, it's not like we've run out of BIONICLE spinnies to use anyway.Kraahkan, Poisoned Hau Nuva, or the GSR head would be fine with me.

dat_logo_newer.png

qs56078.jpg
 My Brickshelf, please don't copy!

... :t: :b: :m_o: :c:...

Looking for shiny Regirock, Articuno, and Virizion!

(Can trade most any legendary for them!)

My 3DS friend list is full, sorry!

Don't want to sound hateful, but we should never do HF spinnies. I mean seriously guys, we need to keep some things BIONICLE based. Either way, it's not like we've run out of BIONICLE spinnies to use anyway.Kraahkan, Poisoned Hau Nuva, or the GSR head would be fine with me.
Because the image ranks, the Tohu head, the name, the emoticons, etc, aren't enough?The new spinny will be HF. You guys should get used to that now, I guess.

31399314352_5890b9b8a3_o.jpg

If someone wants to make a spinny of my head, I agree with whoever wanted that as a spinny. Just PM me the image. :P
This is probably the best idea in this entire thread. Then maybe the other staff too. Edited by Superkid11

If it's an HF spinnie, is there any way I could never have it?
-
:burnmad:
I second this.
You could...not hang around until then?Seriously guys, it's still years in the future for you, and for most of us. You don't have to worry for a while, and maybe by the time you get it, if you do, you won't care so much anymore.

AXKP5KC.png

Because the image ranks, the Tohu head, the name, the emoticons, etc, aren't enough?The new spinny will be HF. You guys should get used to that now, I guess.
I just feel it's something that shouldn't really change. Well, that's a disappointment that it is, though.

dat_logo_newer.png

qs56078.jpg
 My Brickshelf, please don't copy!

... :t: :b: :m_o: :c:...

Looking for shiny Regirock, Articuno, and Virizion!

(Can trade most any legendary for them!)

My 3DS friend list is full, sorry!

I just feel it's something that shouldn't really change. Well, that's a disappointment that it is, though.
But BZP is already changing in ways that are a lot more prominent, such as the new HF forums that have existed since the forum upgrade. I really don't see how a tiny image -- which only a handful of members will have in the nex year anyway -- is much of an issue.~B~