Hero Factory Movie In The Works

What will it be like? I mean, if it's just in the HF Universe, where all living things are mechanical, will it be real sets with CGI actors? I hope it doesn't have humans. If it's awful, I hope LEGO will be prepared to remove it from canon. And Farshtey better be involved in this. Also, didn't Universal produce TLR?

"You humans are absurd, Rook. Furious when you're not in control, terrified when you are. Pull it together."

What will it be like? I mean, if it's just in the HF Universe, where all living things are mechanical, will it be real sets with CGI actors? I hope it doesn't have humans. If it's awful, I hope LEGO will be prepared to remove it from canon. And Farshtey better be involved in this. Also, didn't Universal produce TLR?

Well, the advantage of HF is that it´s so broad that there is no clear canon so basically they could choose to make a HF movie completely unrelated to the toy line itself (apart from the factory setting of course). And there have been humans in HF before, if you think of the adverts in 2010.Universal distributed TLR but that´s really irrelevant. What´s important is who writes the script and who produces the movie, not so much the studio that distributes it.-Gata signoff.jpg

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

Here's exactly how this is going to be: We spent the first hour or so on Earth, where we meet our human cast; a cliche Jake Lloyd-esque little kid, his goofy dad (whom I'm guessing will be portrayed by the likes of Kevin James), his annoying little kid sister who does nothing, and his friends; the stereotypical wise-cracking black kid, the fat kid who can't stop eating, and the nerdy kid with the three-inch-thick glasses. They spend the duration of the hour making extremely low-brow slapstick and scatological jokes, and we find out that Jake Lloyd and his dad are having bonding problems or something like that. Then, in the last twenty minutes, an evil alien robot villain who can inexplicably speak English (and with a terrible Russian accent), along with his Mudflap and Skids-like henchmen, comes and says he's going to "take over the world" and stands around maniacally laughing the whole time. Then, completely out of the blue, with no explanation given whatsoever, the Heroes come, handcuff the villains, and bring him back to Makuhero city in a suspense, violence, action, and effortless process in which they work in the human cast and have them somehow help save the day or something, which helps bring the Jake lloyd doppelganger and his dad together. Synchronizer pop music played the entire time. The end.

Edited by Toa Zaz

Thank you, BZPower staff. In the past, I wish I showed more appreciation for all that you do. From one Bionicle fan to another, thank you.

You know, the advantage of not making a BIONICLE movie is that, even if we may have preferred that, a failure of that would have been worse. Quite frankly, if a HF or a BIONICLE movie have to fail, I prefer the HF movie to do so. :P I like HF, but BIONICLE is too epic to be messed up in a movie. Still, I look forward to hearing more from this! :rolleyes:-Gata signoff.jpg

This sums up my thoughts quite nicely. On one hand, I am sort of irked that Hero Factory got to have a big budget movie before Bionicle did. On the other hand, at least there is not going to be a Bionicle movie with humans in it (even typing those last six words together made me feel a little bit sick).I do hope that this movie goes well, if just for the HF fans. It would be horrible if this just turned into a cheap Transformers knock off.Who knows? Maybe if these bigger budget Lego movies do well, they just may brush off the dust for some of Lego's older themes for a movie/TV revival. Edited by J46 Nui

PSN ID: darthlego
Gamertag: SPARTAN J46
Steam name: jumpy46

Here's exactly how this is going to be: We spent the first hour or so on Earth, where we meet our human cast; a cliche Jake Lloyd-esque little kid, his goofy dad (whom I'm guessing will be portrayed by the likes of Kevin James), his annoying little kid sister who does nothing, and his friends; the stereotypical wise-cracking black kid, the fat kid who can't stop eating, and the nerdy kid with the three-inch-thick glasses. They spend the duration of the hour making extremely low-brow slapstick and scatological jokes, and we find out that Jake Lloyd and his dad are having bonding problems or something like that. Then, in the last twenty minutes, an evil alien robot villain who can inexplicably speak English (and with a terrible Russian accent), along with his Mudflap and Skids-like henchmen, comes and says he's going to "take over the world" and stands around maniacally laughing the whole time. Then, completely out of the blue, with no explanation given whatsoever, the Heroes come, handcuff the villains, and bring him back to Makuhero city in a suspense, violence, action, and effortless process in which they were in the human cast and have them somehow help save the day or something, which helps bring the Jake lloyd doppelganger and his dad together. Synchronizer pop music played the entire time. The end.

I would watch that!

WIP

Here's exactly how this is going to be: We spent the first hour or so on Earth, where we meet our human cast; a cliche Jake Lloyd-esque little kid, his goofy dad (whom I'm guessing will be portrayed by the likes of Kevin James), his annoying little kid sister who does nothing, and his friends; the stereotypical wise-cracking black kid, the fat kid who can't stop eating, and the nerdy kid with the three-inch-thick glasses. They spend the duration of the hour making extremely low-brow slapstick and scatological jokes, and we find out that Jake Lloyd and his dad are having bonding problems or something like that. Then, in the last twenty minutes, an evil alien robot villain who can inexplicably speak English (and with a terrible Russian accent), along with his Mudflap and Skids-like henchmen, comes and says he's going to "take over the world" and stands around maniacally laughing the whole time. Then, completely out of the blue, with no explanation given whatsoever, the Heroes come, handcuff the villains, and bring him back to Makuhero city in a suspense, violence, action, and effortless process in which they were in the human cast and have them somehow help save the day or something, which helps bring the Jake lloyd doppelganger and his dad together. Synchronizer pop music played the entire time. The end.

I would watch that!
Why? A movie like that would be worse then Meet the Robinson's, and that was a pretty bad movie.In my opinion a live action movie about robots is going to turn out as well as loading a fire Elemental onto a ship full of explosives, or Matau's first attempts to fly. I like HF, but not enough to watch something like this will most likely be.

Blog "A Cask of Amontillado": Breaking News

I would watch that!
Why? A movie like that would be worse then Meet the Robinson's, and that was a pretty bad movie.In my opinion a live action movie about robots is going to turn out as well as loading a fire Elemental onto a ship full of explosives, or Matau's first attempts to fly. I like HF, but not enough to watch something like this will most likely be.
Some movies, are just so bad, you HAVE to watch them. Like a car wreck.

WIP

:burnmad: :burnmad: :burnmad: :burnmad: :burnmad:

This.The thing is, making a live action movie of HF, however stupid that is sounds, can make partial sense because having humans in HF could happen, however cheesy it would be. But why they haven't made a blockbuster movie (And it's 11 sequels) about bionicle just blows my mind. Bionicle Is like Lord of the Rings but longer and more awesome.And now to criticize on what facts the "cool dude" who wrote this article got wrong.

As opposed to other Lego toys, Hero Factory, which is marketed with the tagline “We Build Heroes,” has a distinct storyline and a dense mythology.

Correction:

As opposed to other Lego toys, Hero Factory, which is marketed with the tagline “We Build Heroes,” has a distinct cheesy storyline that is trumped by bionicle and a dense mythology (if compared to winnie the pooh).

ers such as Stormer, Bulk, Stringer, Furno and Breez with villains having monikers such as XPlode, Corroder, Meltdown and Von Nebular -- a good guy gone rogue.

woah, von NebulAr?I'm not suprised he misspelled that.I'm probably only going to watch this because it's vaguely lego related and just to see how much they mess things up.It's just maddening why they didn't try to do something with bionicle. Edited by Hippopotomonstrosesquipeda

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

LOL. And when it happens that way, I will remember this post and laugh harder. But seriously, however, it could be better than that. Yes, large potential to be a failure, but nobody said it absolutely must be.

I would watch that!
Some movies, are just so bad, you HAVE to watch them.Like a car wreck.
Yes. Couldn't have said it better myself.In our house, this is known as mindless entertainment.It is good for when you don't have enough energy to think about the movie plot and have therefore ceased to care. Edited by Siriol

'"White!" he sneered. "It serves as a beginning. White cloth may be dyed. The white page can be overwritten; and the white light can be broken."

'"In which case it is no longer white," said I. "And he that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom."

--- Gandalf, The Lord of the Rings

Honestly, I can't see myself not liking this. It will be a train wreck of epic proportions, in which case the sheer hilarity of seeing robots and humans in this glorious mishmash of plots and tropes will be too funny not to watch, or it actually be semi-watchable, with a realistic plot, effects, etc. I'm excited for it either way.Laws of reality have been suspended, people. Enjoy the ride.

To all the people wanting a BIONICLE movie: we really need to see how this turns out first. I'm for a theatrical BIONICLE movie as much as the next guy, but for something as dear to my childhood as that, I'd want it properly made. We all remember what happened with Avatar: the Last Airbender.

Edited by Cobui

fjRqLk4.jpg

I am not so sure that I will be happy about this. If anything, they should keep hero factory, and bionicle. Bionicle for older group, and Hero factory for a younger group. Hero Factory really only brings the message out to younger people. ~Silver the Hedgehog~

Silver is my favorite Sonic character. Deal with it,

Go ahead clicky.

poster.png

I nearly wet myself when I saw the article on the front page. A Live Action Hero Factory movie?? If these producers get the rights to make a movie, I'll be very very pleased. I wanted something like this to happen with Bionicle, but a plot with Hero Factory should be about as exciting. The plot Mesonak laid out is about how I would expect it to be, though with humans it sounds too much like Transformers(not that that's a bad thing). If a movie is made, I hope the dialogue is thought out a bit more than in the series being put out there now. The jokes feel forced, the flow jumpy. When the characters try to sound smart, they sound silly. I imagine a lot of robot jokes would be utilized, but perhaps the characters could break the fourth wall and reference Bionicle somehow? Older fans would get a kick out of that. As for animation, I feel that the same technique as Avatar and other movies could be used. A human actor in front of a green screen wears a rubber body suit with big white dots that the camera tracks, and special software is used to render the robot body around the human, keeping the movements the same but the human out. I imagine most of the Hero bots would be rendered this way, with larger villains such as Rotor, Von Nebula, Fire Lord, etc. being people on stilts and more CG effects(Tim Burton's "Alice in Wonderland" is a fine example of this), with buildings being CG, effects real life and CG effects blended, etc. I could see that happening very easily, especially with the tech available for animation today. I just hope the voice actors are better than what we've got on TV. If Mark Surge speaks in live action with that freakishly high, punched-in-the-junk kind of voice, then I might throw my popcorn(up on someone else's :P ). I look forward to seeing how this turns out. I am very excited for this.

On the bright side, if this brings more attention to HF, the episode quality might be improved, and we'd get more comics and episodes. I think it could be good if human civilians and world leaders were live-action, and everything else is CGI.

Read my comedy, about the Hero Factory villains watching a television channel produced by our Spherus Magnan friends!

The Bionicle Channel

"I expect that when I write my next entry in this chronicle, I will be writing as uncontested ruler of the Brotherhood."

-Certainty, my Memoirs of the Dead entry

A live-action Hero Factory movie....? Hm, interesting. I have no idea how it would work out, but as long as they keep the same voice actors, it should be alright. Oh, and cut 3/4ths of the cheesy lines, that would help. :lol:I'm looking forward to this.

daringsig.png

"Remember the Heart of NINJAGO."
I might eat you if you get too close >:3

At the very least, this proves HF will be sticking around after the Breakout line. I was suspicious that HF would not last beyond 201q2 due to the almost finale-like premise of Breakout, but this movie is definitely to be released after 2012, so those suspicious have been put to rest.That's cool. I like my Hero Factories.Also what Capn said. I pretty much expect HF to have a cheesy quality, so I'd be satified with that.

cholslegofursig.png

Latest MOC:

Ol' Dusty

You know, the advantage of not making a BIONICLE movie is that, even if we may have preferred that, a failure of that would have been worse. Quite frankly, if a HF or a BIONICLE movie have to fail, I prefer the HF movie to do so. :P I like HF, but BIONICLE is too epic to be messed up in a movie. Still, I look forward to hearing more from this! :rolleyes:-Gata signoff.jpg

This sums up my thoughts quite nicely. On one hand, I am sort of irked that Hero Factory got to have a big budget movie before Bionicle did. On the other hand, at least there is not going to be a Bionicle movie with humans in it (even typing those last six words together made me feel a little bit sick).I do hope that this movie goes well, if just for the HF fans. It would be horrible if this just turned into a cheap Transformers knock off.Who knows? Maybe if these bigger budget Lego movies do well, they just may brush off the dust for some of Lego's older themes for a movie/TV revival.
Hopefully.

I would watch that!
Some movies, are just so bad, you HAVE to watch them.Like a car wreck.
Yes, and that plot sounds like an 80s movie we all enjoy and love for some reason.

:burnmad: :burnmad: :burnmad: :burnmad: :burnmad:

This.The thing is, making a live action movie of HF, however stupid that is sounds, can make partial sense because having humans in HF could happen, however cheesy it would be. But why they haven't made a blockbuster movie (And it's 11 sequels) about bionicle just blows my mind. Bionicle Is like Lord of the Rings but longer and more awesome.And now to criticize on what facts the "cool dude" who wrote this article got wrong.

As opposed to other Lego toys, Hero Factory, which is marketed with the tagline “We Build Heroes,” has a distinct storyline and a dense mythology.

Correction:

As opposed to other Lego toys, Hero Factory, which is marketed with the tagline “We Build Heroes,” has a distinct cheesy storyline that is trumped by bionicle and a dense mythology (if compared to winnie the pooh).

ers such as Stormer, Bulk, Stringer, Furno and Breez with villains having monikers such as XPlode, Corroder, Meltdown and Von Nebular -- a good guy gone rogue.

woah, von NebulAr?I'm not suprised he misspelled that.I'm probably only going to watch this because it's vaguely lego related and just to see how much they mess things up.It's just maddening why they didn't try to do something with bionicle.
Indeed. As my friend said, looks like Lego never really was on our side. *spy snort*

My Comedies: The Krika Show (Season 1)
The Krika Show Season 2 

I can't see how, exactly, people know it'll be bad from what's pretty much "hey, there's this idea we might do." I'm not saying it'll be great, not at all, but I mean, it does have that little bit of potential to be enjoyable, even if it's a sort of junk food movie. Sure, live action adaptations of toylines tend to flop, but hey, there's gotta be some exception to the rule, no?

plop

I thought this was incredibly cool.Until I got to the live-action part. That just shocked me. Hero Factory is robots, right? I know we've had robot movies recently that featured humans (coughTransformerscough), but their mythos always included humans anyways. Hero Factory simply doesn't. That's what baffled me.Then I thought about it more.And it could totally work.Either they travel to Earth or it's set in an alternate universe. Seriously, I am a fan of alternate stories and different canons - it helps the series expand and presents a new story without "ruining" an old one; that's why I mostly like the Transformers live-action movies, for example.Heck, they could even make it work if it's set in the "main" universe if they make it a little cheesy and clear it's not feasible.If the movie takes itself too seriously... That's how I think it will flop. The writers/producers/directors/whoever are going to have to be careful with this one.~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

"He walks among us, but he is not one of us."

There's actually passing mentions to Earth in the actual Hero Factory canon (not to mention those great promotional videos that they put into rotation when they first debuted the series, though that's of hilariously dubious canonicity), so it wouldn't be out of the question to just pull a Transformers. That said, they might actually want to go with the AU thing, or maybe even something along the lines of Digimon Tamers.

I hate to be negative, but the first thing that came to mind when I read "live action" is... and I hate to be the one to bring it up... but Power Rangers. Guys in cheesy robot suits.I suppose we can be positive by making this the baseline, and hopefully they'll pleasantly surprise us by doing something better (motion capture maybe??? like Gollum?). Pretty much anything would be better.But it's disturbing that they didn't immediately say something like "Don't worry, it won't be like Power Rangers" to assure us of its quality. Although that "adaptation of" makes me wonder if they're going to turn the heroes into genetically engineered humanoids with armor or something, which I suppose could be cool, but would be very dubious for the canon. Or maybe even Data-esque "robots". :shrugs: At least they've got us talking about it anyways, rather than just going, "eh, okay" and guaranteeing a reaction like TLR's. >_>Now I just wanna know if Deeks will be playing Furno. :P

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

I'm finding it hard to take some of the complaints seriously when people bring up that BIONICLE deserved this more.BIONICLE got four full-length direct-to-DVD movies. And that was pretty good for when it was produced. I seem to recall a lot of people did approach TLG seeking movie rights for BIONICLE. The reason many of them got rejected is because they wanted it to be in... wait for it... live-action! That whole aversion people have to humans in BIONICLE? That's the exact reason that this sort of thing never happened with BIONICLE, and it's possible that this Hero Factory thing will fail to pan out for the very same reason.Hero Factory's less rigid storyline will probably be to its advantage, though. Plenty of their promotions have involved similar crossovers, so having the Heroes come to Earth will be far from unprecedented.But another thing Hero Factory has to its advantage is timing. It's coming in the wake of the successful Transformers movie franchise, whereas BIONICLE's success had begun to wane long before those movies emerged. Timing, incidentally, is why a BIONICLE movie isn't making BZPower news now. The theme has ended for the foreseeable future, and thus is no longer relevant to a lot of kids-- or a lot of Hollywood producers.In general, though, I think BIONICLE's lower media profile than Hero Factory was in many ways because it was a thoroughly-planned-out story with huge aspirations. Hero Factory, as cool as it is, doesn't seem to have the same ambitious plans behind its story as BIONICLE did, and thus it's easier to write generic sci-fi action-adventure stories for it without having to fit them into the history of a universe with rigid, established rules. Epic sagas are good for a lot of things, but that's not the only kind of storytelling there is and certainly not the best type of storytelling for all things.

Edited by Aanchir: Rachira of Time

I'm not seeing this turn out well. While adaptations of toys HAVE made money, and some have been well received critically, let's see the problems with this:1. Terrible at following the source material. You have Battleship, a prime example. Granted, making a movie out of a storyless board game is hard, but it barely if ever followed its source. Even the GAME doesn't follow the source. Given that this is live-action, I bet you'll see the heroes being sort of like Terminators: human on the outside (with armor to match the colors a bit), but otherwise robots. That's terrible and definitely doesn't bode well. Even if it boils down to humans in armor, it's STILL not faithful.2. Goes beyond kid stuff. Granted, the Bionicle movies were more mature than would be mostly kid appropriate, with violence and death throughout, but that was still on a Bionicle level, because the story was inherently darker than other LEGO themes. Let's see. Transformers. Battleship. G. I. Joe (though not by much). They were all far beyond what they should have been. Who's to say the same won't happen here? This IS Hollywood after all.3. Won't work. To be honest, I don't see this working any more than a Bionicle movie would on the big screen. Unless if LEGO super hypes this to Avengers-esque levels, it might bomb.That's just my take on it.

Undergoing Renovations...

The thing that really gets me is that some of you guys actually think that by "live action" they meant that there are going to be guys walking around in Hero Factory costumes the whole movie....-Mesonak

Edited by Mesonak

The Three Virtues YouTube Channel

-----

the3virtuesbanner.png

-----

Check it out for laughs, discussion, and more.

I'm sure they would use motion capture and CGI for the heroes. A scene showing a Human person being created in a factory part-by-part would be an awkward thing to see, not to mention it would go against the clear canon that robots are the heroes. ;)I suppose cheesiness would be a given because it would be a kids movie, but hopefully it wouldn't be overwhelming.

My opinion is this is great ! I honestly would love to see a film with the heros and humans in the movie. I am very pumped for this film I would love to see this have a huge budget. What worries me is that it is going to be too childish a bit like legend reborn childish but other than that I can't wait for this film to come out I will make sure I go see this gets green lighted.

I'm finding it hard to take some of the complaints seriously when people bring up that BIONICLE deserved this more.BIONICLE got four full-length direct-to-DVD movies. And that was pretty good for when it was produced. I seem to recall a lot of people did approach TLG seeking movie rights for BIONICLE. The reason many of them got rejected is because they wanted it to be in... wait for it... live-action! That whole aversion people have to humans in BIONICLE? That's the exact reason that this sort of thing never happened with BIONICLE, and it's possible that this Hero Factory thing will fail to pan out for the very same reason.Hero Factory's less rigid storyline will probably be to its advantage, though. Plenty of their promotions have involved similar crossovers, so having the Heroes come to Earth will be far from unprecedented.But another thing Hero Factory has to its advantage is timing. It's coming in the wake of the successful Transformers movie franchise, whereas BIONICLE's success had begun to wane long before those movies emerged. Timing, incidentally, is why a BIONICLE movie isn't making BZPower news now. The theme has ended for the foreseeable future, and thus is no longer relevant to a lot of kids-- or a lot of Hollywood producers.In general, though, I think BIONICLE's lower media profile than Hero Factory was in many ways because it was a thoroughly-planned-out story with huge aspirations. Hero Factory, as cool as it is, doesn't seem to have the same ambitious plans behind its story as BIONICLE did, and thus it's easier to write generic sci-fi action-adventure stories for it without having to fit them into the history of a universe with rigid, established rules. Epic sagas are good for a lot of things, but that's not the only kind of storytelling there is and certainly not the best type of storytelling for all things.

This.Also, I don't know why so many people are voicing their hopes that the voice actors will remain the same. The voice acting in the show is at best passable. But there's no reason it has to stay the same for something with a larger budget and a different approach to the mythos. In particular, I like Zib's more dry voice in the online materials (like Hero Factory FM and the HeroPad minigames) much better than the flustered American voice he has in the show. And that only reinforces in my mind that there's more than one way to interpret the characters.And I don't see anything wrong with featuring humans in the movie, so long as they don't steal the spotlight from the Heroes. One of the things that drew me to Hero Factory after BIONICLE ended was the more human element it had, with regular people showing up in teasers for the theme and the more human-oriented features like the Hero Factory hotline, calls from which were replayed on the humorous Hero Factory FM. Nothing in Hero Factory's story has stated that all beings in the Hero Factory universe are robotic, or indeed that humans don't exist. And since Hero Factory as a theme never takes itself quite as seriously as BIONICLE did, I figure even if non-canon, a Hero Factory movie featuring humans could still be true to the spirit of the theme.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

@bones are you kidding me Hero Factory a la Power Rangers would be the greatest thing ever.

Okay then. :P

I'm not seeing this turn out well. While adaptations of toys HAVE made money, and some have been well received critically, let's see the problems with this:1. Terrible at following the source material. You have Battleship, a prime example. Granted, making a movie out of a storyless board game is hard, but it barely if ever followed its source. Even the GAME doesn't follow the source. Given that this is live-action, I bet you'll see the heroes being sort of like Terminators: human on the outside (with armor to match the colors a bit), but otherwise robots. That's terrible and definitely doesn't bode well. Even if it boils down to humans in armor, it's STILL not faithful.2. Goes beyond kid stuff. Granted, the Bionicle movies were more mature than would be mostly kid appropriate, with violence and death throughout, but that was still on a Bionicle level, because the story was inherently darker than other LEGO themes. Let's see. Transformers. Battleship. G. I. Joe (though not by much). They were all far beyond what they should have been. Who's to say the same won't happen here? This IS Hollywood after all.3. Won't work. To be honest, I don't see this working any more than a Bionicle movie would on the big screen. Unless if LEGO super hypes this to Avengers-esque levels, it might bomb.That's just my take on it.

Before I get to my point here, lemme be clear I haven't seen Battleship yet, though I plan to when it comes to DVD; the shredder things look awesome (found out about them mainly through Sci-Fi's show Dream Machines, where they actually made an adaptation of one, and it was awesome). Anyways, I don't see how a "storyless" board game as you said, could "not follow the source". If you're going to make a movie out of ships battling each other it's pretty obvious you're going to have to invent a story for it. Unless you just mean they should go with the typical countries fighting countries by battleship, but that's been done in movies countless times already, and basing such a thing on a gameboard might have unfortunate implications politically. :PAnyways, you might be right that it would be hard to be true to HF's established canon, I agree, just don't see how your example fits. :)Also, "fantasy violence" is well accepted by modern kids, especially HF's target range of boys who roleplay such things daily with the plastic toys. Including death, although HF doesn't usually use death, rather imprisonment, and that could work for a movie. Happens all the time with cop movies for example.And as much as I worry you're right, please be aware there's a huge difference between "might fail" which is pretty much always true for every movie, and "won't work." If "might fail" was a reason not to do something (expensive anyways) there would be no quality movies ever. At most everything would be line-art animated or old-fashioned "point the camera at actors, snip and paste, and publish" live action with no special effects at all.

I'm sure they would use motion capture and CGI for the heroes. A scene showing a Human person being created in a factory part-by-part would be an awkward thing to see, not to mention it would go against the clear canon that robots are the heroes. ;)I suppose cheesiness would be a given because it would be a kids movie, but hopefully it wouldn't be overwhelming.

Let's hope you're right. Also, along the lines of setting a baseline and hoping they do better, we should probably expect cheesy lines like all four Bionicle movies had, but hopefully the graphics and plot will not be infected by cheesiness too; that's mainly what I'm worried about. That said, it would be awesome if we could get a movie with a "appeals to all ages" value of the dialogue. It's been done before, but LEGO so far hasn't adopted it as well as they could for movies. (I'm thinking of VeggieTales for example. :P)

Hmph, so far i reject. The hero factory storyline is not quite good enough for a movie.Bionicle, however...

Gotta disagree; like Aanchir said a few posts above yours, it should be easier to adapt a simple "defeat and cuff the bad guy" plot like HF's standard fare to a movie than the more in-depth mythology behind Bionicle. There are tons of movies without such astounding constructions as the big secret behind them as the Great Spirit robot, in fact that's the vast majority of movies. :P Edited by bonesiii

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)