Hero Factory Movie In The Works

I kind of liked the idea of everything being mechanical. It seems LEGO has been leaning more towards the organic side of things lately. Like Glatorian for example. From a marketing perspective, what does LEGO expect to gain from that?

I wouldn't call 2009 "lately" by any stretch of the imagination. Especially because ever since the Stars, BIONICLE has been replaced by Hero Factory in TLG's product lineup, and that theme has had almost no organic characters in the main story.As for what TLG has to gain by dealing in organic characters, for one thing a lot of people consider humans or human-like beings more relatable than robotic or even semi-mechanical beings. That's part of the reason there wasn't a theatrical BIONICLE film-- a lot of the proposals for such involved crossovers with Earth so there would be human characters for viewers to relate to.Now, IMO, the Glatorian were a somewhat poor attempt at making the characters organic to make them more relateable, because their designs still looked plainly robotic to an uninformed viewer, and the only ways being organic made them more human-like than the previous biomechanical characters were things like dining and reproduction that almost never came up in the storyline and so didn't make a difference to the average viewer.I certainly hope that if a live action Hero Factory film does happen, it won't push the actual hero characters to the sidelines just to allow for human protagonists. But the thing is, having only robotic characters could be an obstacle for many non-fans enjoying the story. And we're a lot more progressive about this sort of thing than we once were. It used to be that Hollywood would make huge sacrifices so they wouldn't confuse audiences. For instance, that's the reason the film The Wizard of Oz had its famous "all just a dream" ending-- filmmakers were concerned that having a real fairyland of any kind would be too preposterous for adult viewers to accept. The presence of so many fantasy and science-fiction movies today goes to show how far we've come, but there's still some degree of bias towards human or human-like characters in most media.

There being more years of toa then the Glatorians. I will believe that before the core wars, matoran, toa, and turaga creatures never existed. So it seems that Glatorians were organic, like humans, as well as agori. So, sometime after the core wars, Makuta(Good Makuta), and Matorans existed,but after Mata Nui was asleep, Matorans seem to be the nonbiological beings to appear after Mata Nui crashed into Aqua Nui, but now I feel that Glatorian's were the main beings before, but they gave me less interest, then the Toa. I think that heroes should be just robotic, and not as organic, and some villans organic, since villians are a complete hot mess anyways. The whole humans turn into the hero thing ruins the story, so they should not try to do that.

Silver is my favorite Sonic character. Deal with it,

Go ahead clicky.

poster.png

• 2 weeks later...

I myself don't see it working, considering the past LEGO movies made (i.e. BIONICLE movies). There's a longshot of it being successful, and a very probable chance of it being a waste of money and time. Besides, Hero Factory's fanbase, although large, isn't that big to actually attract a crowd of movie-goers.And, not to be too cynical, but Hollywood has a reputation of overdramatizing the rumors they hear and turn them into facts. This reporter could just as well trying to grab attention, attempting to sell a big story that could either be accurate or an enormous lie concocted to start rumors. The media tends to simply stir the cauldron by creating these stories - perhaps this could be in the making, but the deal hasn't even been finalized yet to make this fact.My advice? Don't get your hopes up. I'd assume rather wait until we actually hear this deal officially confirmed in a press release including a statement from LEGO saying the movie will be made.

On the day the wall came down / They threw the locks onto the ground

And with glasses high / We raised a cry / For freedom had arrived

On the day the wall came down / The ship of fools had finally run aground

Promises lit up the night / Like paper doves in flight

I dreamed you had left my side / No warmth, not even pride remained

And even though you needed me / It was clear that I could not do a thing for you

Now life devalues day by day / As friends and neighbors turn away

And there's a change that even with regret / Cannot be undone

Now frontiers shift like desert sands / While nations wash their bloodied hands

Of loyalty, of history / In shades of grey

I woke to the sound of drums / The music played, the morning sun streamed in

I turned and I looked at you / And all but the bitter residues slipped away

slipped away...

I myself don't see it working, considering the past LEGO movies made (i.e. BIONICLE movies). There's a longshot of it being successful, and a very probable chance of it being a waste of money and time. Besides, Hero Factory's fanbase, although large, isn't that big to actually attract a crowd of movie-goers.
Well, this one seems to be spoken about like it will be shown in theaters. The other LEGO movies were not shown in theaters. This movie has the potential to create more Hero Factory fans and, if they advertise it right, it could pave the way for other LEGO movies in the future.

daringsig.png

"Remember the Heart of NINJAGO."
I might eat you if you get too close >:3

Why wouldn't live-action work?
Well, it would probably require a considerable change in the visual nature of HF from its current CGI robot characters in order to accommodate the presence of real people.Also, Peach 00, the report stated that the movie is in negotiations, so LEGO probably wouldn't release a statement to say it's being made until the negotiations are fully over. It's still somewhat worth reporting that there is interest in an HF movie, so the reporter doesn't really need to wait until the deal is finalized.~ BioGio

"You're a scientist? The proposal you make violates parsimony; it introduces extra unknowns without proof for them. One might as well say unicorns power it."

Why wouldn't live-action work?
Well, it would probably require a considerable change in the visual nature of HF from its current CGI robot characters in order to accommodate the presence of real people.Also, Peach 00, the report stated that the movie is in negotiations, so LEGO probably wouldn't release a statement to say it's being made until the negotiations are fully over. It's still somewhat worth reporting that there is interest in an HF movie, so the reporter doesn't really need to wait until the deal is finalized.~ BioGio
Yeah, but they've made live- action Halo trailers, right? So why can't a live-action HF movie be made? It would probably also be enhanced with CG effects, too.

My first (and currently ONLY) MOC on BZP! >

http://www.bzpower.c...?showtopic=5426

PLAGUE

14780599_c638_625x625.jpg

Avatar pic taken [and edited] by me. DON"T STEAL IT!

:P

Yeah, but they've made live- action Halo trailers, right? So why can't a live-action HF movie be made? It would probably also be enhanced with CG effects, too.
Why do you mention Halo? Halo is about humans. Genetically modified, super-suit wearing human in the case of Master Chief, but you can still put an actor in a suit and it directly translates. (Plus there's aliens, but yeah.)What people are worried about is that live action implies humans, when HF's characters are entirely robotic, sometimes not at all looking like a guy in a suit could do it. For example the guys that give the mission info only vaguely resemble humans. I do think the heroes could be managed, it's just that people are worried it'll look cheesy and such. We'll have to wait and see (if it even happens).This makes me think of R2-D2 though. It can be done.

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

• 2 weeks later...

May I just jump in and add to the discussion about ratings?One of the reasons why Transformers was able to pull off a PG-13 rating was because most of the target audience had already grown with Transformers, and it was already a household name. Adults/teens who grew up with the series could watch the film and not worry about it being excessively cheesy. Kids who were fans of some of the previous Transformers series could watch it, enjoy it. Complete newcomers could also watch it and enjoy it.As for HF, though, it has only been around for a few years. And it literally had to put a Bionicle label on itself during its first year to help launch itself into sales. The HF fan base is not as large as the Transformers fan base, and it aims for a younger audience. A PG-13 film would probably pander to TFOLs and AFOLs more than that targeted group. This is most likely the opposite of what Lego is aiming for.Making a film like that would be like forcing Hasbro to make a My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic movie that panders entirely to bronies/pegasisters and uses fan characters like Doctor Whooves and Colgate as main characters. Don't get me wrong, that'd be cool, but ask your average little girl if she knows who Doctor Whooves is. Exactly.It reminds me of something they used to say to us Bionicle fans on BZPower."We are only a small percentage of the Bionicle fan base." I'd say the same is about the HF fan base. That's why a PG-13 movie probably wouldn't be within Lego's reach. PG, however, isn't out of the question.

I myself don't see it working, considering the past LEGO movies made (i.e. BIONICLE movies). There's a longshot of it being successful, and a very probable chance of it being a waste of money and time. Besides, Hero Factory's fanbase, although large, isn't that big to actually attract a crowd of movie-goers.And, not to be too cynical, but Hollywood has a reputation of overdramatizing the rumors they hear and turn them into facts. This reporter could just as well trying to grab attention, attempting to sell a big story that could either be accurate or an enormous lie concocted to start rumors. The media tends to simply stir the cauldron by creating these stories - perhaps this could be in the making, but the deal hasn't even been finalized yet to make this fact.My advice? Don't get your hopes up. I'd assume rather wait until we actually hear this deal officially confirmed in a press release including a statement from LEGO saying the movie will be made.
"Hope for the best, prepare for the worst."-bonesii.Oh, as for those who think Michael Bay ruined the Transformers Franchise by making films that weren't popular with critics, need I remind you that Orson Welles thought very little of Unicron, or the 1986 movie. Transformers films haven't been that popular amongst critics for a long time. Edited by MakutaKlak

My Comedies: The Krika Show (Season 1)
The Krika Show Season 2 

Hero Factory is about robots and contains no humans. How can it be live action?
Earth exists within the HF universe. It's doable. Just so long as it doesn't actually involve humans turning into heroes, I think it could work.I for one look forward to this movie. Even if it ends up being sub-par, I want to see some realistic CGI representations of HF characters. Oh how I want to see that.
If the movie ends up being like "Real Steel" were robots can't talk and are programmed by humans, than we'll now it'll be bad. What can be more annoying than listening to "Kid: 'Get him in a fight!' Dad: 'I... I can't' " for rest of the movie.

• 2 weeks later...
Hero Factory is about robots and contains no humans. How can it be live action?
Earth exists within the HF universe. It's doable. Just so long as it doesn't actually involve humans turning into heroes, I think it could work.I for one look forward to this movie. Even if it ends up being sub-par, I want to see some realistic CGI representations of HF characters. Oh how I want to see that.
If the movie ends up being like "Real Steel" were robots can't talk and are programmed by humans, than we'll now it'll be bad. What can be more annoying than listening to "Kid: 'Get him in a fight!' Dad: 'I... I can't' " for rest of the movie.
Real Steel was good, but it won't work here. It was its own universe, its own thing. No one suggested it would have anything to do with this.Anyway, I think the movie would be with humans being rescued by HF, like in its first year. Plus no one said Earth wasn't in the HF universe. "We are autonomous robotic organisms powered by Quaza. Our enemy's gonna blow you up, so I suggest you let us take care of it and don't try to arrest/study/replicate/irritate/interrogate/stop/put your own laws on us. Yeah."Of course it would be said in a more sophisticated manner, but it would work. And the actual Heroes would be CGI. Simple and easy, especially since it's been done before many times. Edited by TNG Prime

Pk57sNJ.jpg

And the reason Bionicle didn't get a movie is...what?
The reason is that LEGO didn't want the movie to feature human beings like several studios who approached them for a BIONICLE movie suggested. And I'm sure you wouldn't have wanted that either. Anyway, there is no confirmation that there will be a HF movie, this news only means LEGO has been approached about it. The same happened with BIONICLE, actually.-Gata signoff.png Edited by Gatanui

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^