Can You Identify This Pic?

I was browsing through Bionicle things I have downloaded over the years, and I found this pic:matanui_profilelarge.jpgI became intrigued immediately. I have no idea when or why I downloaded this picture. It's definately Bionicle (Pakari, Rahi, tribal setting), but it's nothing I've ever known before. Where is this picture from? The blue being looks like a Matoran/Turaga hybrid of some sort. The Rahi in the picture have never been featured anywhere else. And there are these strange devices pictured in the lower corners. The numbers indicate this is a picture from a game.What do you think? I'd like to know what's going on with this pic...

A bit of searching suggests that it's related to the first Bionicle GBA game, though it looks a little different from how that turned out. Perhaps it's an early screenshot?

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

I own the first bionicle GBA game, and while this is to the style of it (same font of point score, weapons in lower right corners, etc.) but the character is different that in the game and the backround is different I think. Those rahi look like fikou.I own the first bionicle GBA game, and while this is too the style of it (same font of point score, weapons in lower right corners, etc.) but the character is different that in the game and the backround if different I think. Those rahi look like fikou.

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

It certainly looks like a GBA game, but I'll have to agree with P962 in that it looks like an early screenshot of the game in development.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

I've traced the image to a number of game databases and retailers, and all of them list it as a screenshot from Tales of The Tohunga.This is definitely not a part of the final game, however. Very often, publishers release screenshots of in-development games to the media, thus they often show content removed from the finalized product.If you're curious, check out the screenshots at the bottom of GameStop's store page. You'll find even more preliminary screenshots for the game there. The one you found appears to be from an even older version of the game. I am not sure if there are any other screenshots for this version,

cholslegofursig.png

Latest MOC:

Ol' Dusty

I second what P692 siad, but uhhh that's not a crossover between a matoran and a turaga that's jut plain Turaga Nokama.

Far as I can tell from the small resolution, the Turaga is wearing a Pakari. My guess is that it was a test model used in alpha testing. Same goes for the Rahi, which were probably used to test the leg animations that would later be used on Fikou.

cholslegofursig.png

Latest MOC:

Ol' Dusty

I second what P692 siad, but uhhh that's not a crossover between a matoran and a turaga that's jut plain Turaga Nokama.

Far as I can tell from the small resolution, the Turaga is wearing a Pakari. My guess is that it was a test model used in alpha testing. Same goes for the Rahi, which were probably used to test the leg animations that would later be used on Fikou.
Oh now I can see the Pakari.

Seems to be Tales Of The Tohunga, and the environment appears to be Le-Koro. But there is a problem, first is that the emblems/icons on the corners do not look at all familiar and then there is more obviously the sprite. It looks like a deformed Turaga almost, but at the same time I don't remember them looking like that either. Perhaps it is a pre-alpha/beta shot from the game from your files.

Divinator of Dreams.
4hcuu9.jpg
This Is Proud Stigma.