Warm Up: Flash Fiction Marathon

Velox

Member Name: XanthorpTheme: Alternate UniverseWord Count: 535Story: The Emerald City of GoldThis was starting to get annoying. He was a Toa of Light, and he can’t even get to one location. Takanuva activated the Olmak and stepped through another dimensional rift.[/font]--[/font]He appeared in a large city. But it couldn’t be just a city. It had to be the center of a kingdom. It had a giant pyramid, or rather, a ziggurat, in what he assumed was the center of the metropolis.[/font]The sight astounded him. He was standing on solid protogold. Slightly underneath, he saw what looked like tiny veins running through in intricate patterns. He bent down and scratched the area. Suddenly, a pool of green appeared, and he heard an eerie moan. He looked at the green. It was almost like a crystal, but it was liquid. [/font]Since when is a crystal a liquid,[/font] he asked himself.[/font]He decided to make his way to the back alleys, and from there, he crept towards the center of the city.[/font]The odd thing was, he couldn’t see any signs of inhabitants.[/font]--[/font]Little did he know that the inhabitants were in their houses. Some looking out of their windows, they were afraid of the intruder.[/font]And then they got the holo-message.[/font]--[/font]Almost to the ancient-looking step pyramid, Takanuva started to grow weary. He felt like something was draining his energy. He almost thought that he wouldn’t be able to keep going. But he pushed on.[/font]He stopped to take a look at the ancient archetecture before him. He was now on one of the main streets, several bio wide. To his right were stone houses, in some of which he saw some movement of shadows. on his left were grass huts, also with movement in them. He looked behind him and noticed that the entire city looked like the sum of millenia of effort, and, what seemed to be the culmination of a very mathematial formula. The distance between the houses and huts, the slope of the road he was on, the angle of adjacent side roads, they all varied, like some sort of equation.[/font]He was almost to the pyramid. This, too, was very precise with its own measurements. As the day progressed, it seemed to an onlooker to follow the sun.[/font]Takanuva looked down and saw the emerald veins [/font]led[/font] to the step pyramid. He led his gaze to just the side of the ziggurat, expecting to see nothing out of place. He was surprised to see that the pyramid glowed with a green aura.[/font]He started up the golden staircase embedded into the side of the colossus, and stopped. Now it didn’t feel as if he was out of energy. In fact, he felt invigorated.[/font]--[/font]At the top of the pyramid, he looked down and saw all of the inhabitants at the bottom, amassed in a crowd, bowing down to him.[/font]“Why do you bow to me,” he asked. “Who do you think I am?”[/font]“My Lord,” said a being, most likely the elder of the village, “You are a light-bearer, and have made your way to the top of the Pyramid of Light.”[/font]The entire crowd gasped when he disappeared in a sudden flash of white.[/font]Takanuva was now in Karda Nui.[/font]

--xanthorp_sig.jpg--

01-01the_chronology_of_enigma.png

The Review Topic for this project

I hope you like them!

Member Name: Nuile: Lunatic WordsmithTheme: Amor Omnia VincitWord Count: 600Title: Mirror I stared into his eyes and he stared back. Emerald eyes glowed behind his virescent Noble Kadin. He was me; but he wasn't; yet he was.It was as if I was peering at the surface of a still pond, into the depths of a world where everything is inverted.Here in my world, in my universe, I am a scholar, a chronicler, and a storyteller. I am but a simple Matoran living a simple life of simple joys.In his universe, where it is the Matoran who command the elements, he wielded his powers of The Green with a fist of hardwood. He was a ruthless tyrant who ruled over his world; suppressor of freedom, pitiless enslaver, hater and destroyer of all knowledge among the common people. He was devious and cunning, two things I was not; and he was most certainly evil, a trait to which I am proud to lay no claim.He admired his new surroundings with surprise, wonder . . . and rapacity. Though his eyes glowed with the same hue as my own, they gleamed with an eager malevolance and an iniquitous joy at the prospects before him."A whole new world to conquer," he sibilated. "When that fool appeared with that Olmak, I thought it was but another mad scheme of deposition. Mad as it was, it took his madness to show me what has been right beneath my Kanohi all these many years. . . . I have grown weary of ruling a universe with nothing but senseless rebellions to quell beneath my heel. The life of an absolute is dull, at best. But I should have seen it sooner! Why limit my kingdom to one universe--when I could control them all?""Are you insane?"He smiled at me. It was the tenuous smile of a crack in the earth, a deceptive crack that you know will any moment yawn into an abyss of endless shadow any engulf you; and in spite of this certainty, you do not flee, for their is an inexplicable beauty of a macabre tenor to the crack, an enthralled awe awaiting the opening of its sublime mouth."You should know full well that--we--are quite insane.""You can't possibly rule two universes!""That batty Turaga--for your sake I hope he exists not in this universe--was right about one thing: I--excuse me, we­--can do anything we put our minds to. I do not intend to rule two universes at all . . . but far more." He cocked his head at me. "You are me, are you not? I am you. We are . . . one. We should work together. You could join me . . . together we could be absolute across all the dimensions! You and I could become far more than mere Matoran. We could transcend the Great Beings themselves."I was not going to listen to another word of this. I screamed "Never!" and unsheathed my blade and lunged. The next thing I knew I was hanging upside down, entangled in vines."So you are not me, after all. . . . A pity. This, then, is good-bye. I have a universe to conquer." And then he was gone.I did not think as I freed myself from my bonds. Perhaps I had already resigned myself to my unruly task. Like it or not . . . I knew that I was the only one who could stop myself.But one question did press at the corners of my mind: Which of us was the real Nuile?

When I know I can't live without a pen and paper, when I know writing is as necessary to me as breathing . . .

tumblr_meb7408mTy1r4ejnio1_1280.gif

I know I am ready to start my voyage.

A Musing Author . . . Want to read my books?

Member Name: Toa SonisTheme: Alternate UniverseWord Count: 456Story: The Darkness Has WonBalta stumbled backwards, alarmed. This was no Voya Nui, nor even the Southern Continent. It was…a city, like the legendary Metru Nui Turaga Jovan had spoken of. Skyscrapers cast towering shadows upon the ground, which was cold and hard. Yet at the same time it seemed almost…alive, like it had many, many years ago. Before the Great Cataclysm, when he had still been just a regular Matoran. While, not regular; no Matoran who had gone through Karzahni was regular.But his past was not what bothered the Ta-Matoran. It was where he was now, and what had happened to him just a few moments ago, that was more troubling.When the Toa Inika cut the stone cord, Voya Nui had gone rocketing back to its rightful place in the Southern Continent. Matoran had piled out of hiding, eager to see their old home. Everything had been fine for a few months, until today when Balta went out in the newly established lava fields. He was taking a break on the fringes when a strange being reminiscent of a Piraka materialized in front of him and grabbed hold of his arm. The next thing he remembered was darkness.As Balta sifted through these memories, he noticed something odd. There was no one on the streets of this magnificent metropolis. Not a rahi sang in the air, not a Toa walked the roads. A piece of paper drifted by on the light breeze, and Balta caught hold of it. A strange message was inscribed on the papyrus-like substance: Meet tonight at the base of the Coliseum. A band of rebels will be there; Turaga Ahkmou has sent orders to eradicate them.The Coliseum! Before his death, Jovan had spoken of such a place. It was supposedly a pillar of good, a veritable palace of heroism. From the Coliseum the Toa-Dark Hunter War had been fought. Balta knew he had to get there.Hours later, the wandering Matoran found a building that matched his old Turaga’s description. With eyes long used to assessing hiding places and caves, Balta spotted a dark figure disappearing into an alley. He ran after it, deflector blades at the ready. As he entered the shadows, Balta was roughly grabbed and pressed against the Coliseum wall.“What are you doing here?” hissed a voice. “You aren’t from this place, are you? Whose side are you on?”“From…other…universe…” he gasped. “Southern Continent, warrior. Where am I?”The strangling hand retracted. “Another universe, eh? What’s it like there? Who controls it?”“The Great Spirit, of course,” Balta responded, “except he’s asleep right now. Like he has been for the past, oh, thousand years?”“So,” the being mused quietly, “in your universe, the darkness has not already won.”

Edited by Toa Sonis

I shall be saying this with a sigh

somewhere ages and ages hence:

two roads diverged in a wood, and I

I took the one less traveled by

and that has made all the difference.

-Robert Frost, The Road Less Traveled

Name: Danska: Shadow MasterTheme: Alternate UniverseWord Count: 588Story: Alone with the SeaNerynn, Toa of Light, sat alone on the beach, watching the sun sink beneath the crystal waves. The sea seemed to stretch on forever, rising and falling so calmly and gently, yet it possessed within its twinkling depths power enough to sink the mightiest vessel or erode the greatest mountain. It was a source of great comfort and joy for many, yet there were many more who cursed it and feared it above all things.A hundred years of pleasant seas could move its travellers to deep, emphatic love for its magnificent tides and crashing waves, yet a single day of stormy skies and violent waters could turn the deepest love to sudden fear and unbridled hate. One moment of nature turning against those grand and noble expectations and suddenly, they were different seas. No more were they kind or gentle or calming, nor would they ever be again. From such single instants, reputations built of centuries could crumble away, lost in an ocean of judgement and indignation. No good deed could ever restore what was lost, and even though great joy and happiness far in excess of the original pain may result from it, still forgiveness would not come.It was not enough that Nerynn had never hurt a single living creature since that day. It was not enough that he vowed to rebuild all that was lost in the battles and the war. Should the Great Spirit himself descend and approve his choice, that would not be enough.A Toa's code is simple. They do not kill. He had broken it only once, but the effects were felt the universe over. In the aftermath, every Toa and every Turaga had scorned him, branded him outcast. Many of them he had considered friends. He had given aid to all those who needed it, protected countless people from terrible threats. But by a single action he was lost to them all.So here he was, alone on a tiny island with no company but the sea. He stared at it intently, imagining each splinter of light, each fraction of a reflection, was a possible life where things were different. A life where he was not outcast. A life where he had chosen to imprison rather than kill Teridax. A life where the Mask of Light had never come to him at all.But in the end, reality was as it was. When Nerynn had seen the full machinations of Teridax's plan, he knew he had no choice. The Makuta could never be imprisoned nor dissuaded from his course. So, when the opportunity had presented itself, he had taken it. He knew with a certainty he could not explain that what he had done was right. He knew, also, that it had been the will of the Great Spirit. Nerynn had saved the life of the Great Spirit and spared the universe from a terrible, unfathomable darkness. If even the first part of the plan had come to be, doom would surely have followed.The final glimmers of light vanished, leaving only the gentle sound of the waves and the spray as they collided softly against the shore. Nerynn curled up on the sand, content with his own satisfaction. In many ways, this was better. He did not need to explain or justify himself to his fellow Toa, nor suffer their glares and whispers and accusations behind his back. He was alone with the sea. The endless, ever-changing ocean of infinite possibilities. That was all he could ever need.

Banner 2.png

Click on them to build them yourself!

Member Name: Thunder on the MountainTheme: Alternate UniverseWord Count: 490Story: Ruin“We’ve done it all wrong, Orkham.”The being that was once an emerald-clad Toa looked over to him with tired, red eyes, as if grateful for having a distraction from the scene before them.“Did the great spirit really mean for us to be Toa?” Nuhrii continued, shaking his head with slow remorse as he did. “If he did, could he have seen it all coming?”“Our actions are our own, Nuhrii.” Orkham quietly muttered, but that was a hard jab at Nuhrii’s hart. Our own. A dozen images flashed through his head, and he grimaced hard. Was it all their own doing? His own doing?“Is this where our destiny truly is?” Nuhrii was choked up at the base of his throat. He had no reflection near enough to look upon himself. Perhaps that was for the best. Instead he only looked at his hands, once the hands of a crafter. Then the hands of a hero.Now the hands of a monster.“Matoran bodies still lay dead in Po-Metru. We could not prevent it. More lie in the flooded depths of this chasm, alongside the dust that was once our sixth brother.” Orkham had no real response, and Nuhrii wasn’t truly looking for one. He only gazed out down into the dark depths ahead of them, clenching his fists as images flashed by in his mind. The massacre at the assembler’s village would never leave him, not until the day he died. Neither would thoughts of Ehrye, hit by spinner after spinner until his very body crumbled to dust. He was the first Nuhrii led to death. How many more would follow the same path?At this point, Orkham was the only one Nuhrii truly still had to lead anyway. In the lowest depths of the ruined archives, Tehutti sat with his great hammer, awaiting the slightest indication of an oncoming horde. He couldn’t speak Matoran anymore. Vhisola still could, though all she did was ramble madly as she wandered the shattered exhibits. Ahkmou was silent, though he most like had a great grasp of his mind than the other two. He wandered off alone most of the time, probably looking for Visorak to hunt.“You can’t give up hope.” That voice wasn’t Orkham’s, it was Pouks. The deformed little figure hopped up to where the two former heroes stood, his voice weak from recent wounds.Nuhrii laughed. A cold, hollow, humourless laugh. He turned on the Rahaga, shaking his head, and then turned from bitter remorse to a flicker of rage.“Look at me!” Pouks did. All three knew what he saw. Nuhrii was no longer a Toa. He was no longer a hero. He couldn’t even claim to being a defender of the sleeping Matoran anymore, for only most of them lay safe in the archives beneath, and most was not good enough for Nuhrii..He was Hordika.“Hope...what do I have left to hope for?”

exo-toa_battle.jpg

Sorry for the delay everyone (graduation was today), but the Flight Polls are now up!And tomorrow morning I have to wake up at around 4am to fly out to Bricks Cascade, so I will have limited internet from now until Tuesday or so, which means the polls may be a little late, but I'll do my best to keep up.Thanks to everyone again for entering and making this contest such a success!newso1.png

"As a writer you ask yourself to dream while awake." ~ Aimee Bender

Member Name: Astris JanusTheme: Alternate UniverseWord Count: 598Title: CounterpartsFear.That was probably an accurate description of what Darque Persona was feeling right now. He wasn't really accustomed to fear; to be fair, not much could scare him.But now, as he watched an alternate version of himself prepare to experiment on him, he felt scared.Under normal circumstances, Darque would have turned into sand and escaped by now, but he was dealing with someone who knew his powers intimately. Other than having opposed elements, their powers were the same, and so Lyght had placed a power restraining band around his head. This made Darque more worried.Not that he would let himself show it. No, he had to play it cool; not let his counterpart, known as Lyght Spiritus, believe he had the upper hand."This has been a most fortunate day," Lyght said. "Already I have managed to find and capture and alternate version of myself whose powers oppose my own, and then I acquired the final piece of my device.He was pompous. Darque didn't like that."Now, I can harness your power and meld it with my own to gain supreme power." Lyght leaned over Darque's tied down form. "And all because of your issues with Olmak Anomalies.""Look, they're not my issues," Darque corrected. "I just contributed. I didn't know that my powers and his would be able to make a portal to an alternate multiverse."Lyght paused. "His power?" he queried. "Who is-"The large windows exploded and heat instantly filled the room. Lyght formed a barrier of white snad to protect himself. When he dispersed it, a silhouette was standing in the frame, flames burning brightly behind him."You left me behind," the silhouette said, stepping off the the window. The Toa had gold and red armour and a fused mask of invisibility and shielding."Vanus," Darque said with a hint of relief. "Took your time.""Ah," Lyght said. "You must be your multiverse's counterpart of our Sunakav.""Sunakav?" Vanus asked, before he was hit square in the chest with a blast of ice. As it froze his torso, another Toa dropped down to confront him.He looked almost exactly the same as Vanus, but his armour consisted of deep and light blues. He carried twin scythes coated in a thin layer of frost and wore a manical grin across his mask.Vanus raised his heat and melted off the ice before drawing his twin fire greatswords."This is going to be fun!" Sunakav cried before he charged.Lyght turned back to his subject. "That deals with your friend. I don't think that either of them can win that fight. They should be perfectly matched against each other." He picked up a remote. "Now, back to the matter of extracting your essence.""I really don't see how this is a good idea," Darque responed."I need your essence to become more powerful. It's as simple as that.""Yeah, but what if I rebel inside you? I'm not very cooperative.""I'm going to destroy your consciousness in the process.""You really thought of everything.""I try.""I almost feel proud of myself."Suddenly, Lyght was knocked down by another explosion. Vanus ran to Darque and took the band off his head. Feeling empowered, Darque turned to sand and shifted out of his bindings."How did you beat Sunakav?" Darque asked."I didn't. I just threw him through a wall and slowed him down. Come on. We need to find an Olmak Anomaly and get back to our multiverse.""How?""I have no idea."And they ran out of the lab.

~~~

Right, new forum, new signature. Or, at least, a reboot.

20795.jpg

Dual Sides; An Expanded Multiverse Epic

Bionicle Anime: Toa Mata

"If at first you don't succeed, redefine success."
- Anonymous

Member Name: Varkanax39Theme: Alternate UniverseWord Count: 413Title: The Dark Spirit An almost palpable sense of gloom hung over the city of Metru Nui. Ten years and a day had passed since the rising of Teridax to his status as the overlord of the universe, and now, with the dark Makuta’s antidermis coiled around the Core Processor with no intention of letting go, the universe itself hung under perpetual gloom. Teridax’s dark laughter seemed to echo through the universe, a thin breeze on the wind by the time it reached Metru Nui.Teridax was growing discontent with the world he ruled. Every single one of the other beings in the universe was so far below him and lacked all of his power. He could kill them as easily as he could a fly by simply cutting off their source of air, he could drag them into nothingness with a single touch of his massive power… and yet none of it mattered. None of these beings had anyone who could hope to destroy him, and he wanted the challenges, he craved them. And yet he’d made it so no being could ever challenge him again, thus rendering him immune to all dangers, every one of the threats that his master plan had so expertly maneuvered. His enemies could try to fight him, but he could simply destroy them. There was no challenge in that.Makuta sighed, and his sigh reverberated through the Matoran Universe. The more he learned to control Mata Nui’s massive robotic body, the more artificial this world within him seemed, the inhabitants nothing more than lifeless robots to him. There had to be other worlds out there teeming with life.But Teridax knew he would never leave this planet of endless sea. Going out into the unknown was far too risky. He’d thought about leaving this world by the Red Star years ago, but he did not- could not- know what went on beyond. Teridax was too shrewd to risk losing control of his domain like this. He needed to remain in control, and going out into the unknown was a sure way to lose what he already had.Another dreary day was beginning below, with the Matoran awaking to their hundreds of daily chores to maintain Teridax’s massive body. Teridax smiled slightly. He had to admire the Matoran of Metru Nui for their (compelled) diligence.Teridax sighed again. He would never leave the Matoran Universe. He was as much a prisoner within this massive robotic body as the Matoran below were.

Edited by Varkanax39

tumblr_static_3xklkaa5baucs4kwgosokcw0o_

XATEREX MULTIVERSE STORYLINE

Volume I: Into the Darkness (PDF / Review / CBW PageVolume II: The Shadows Coil  (Review / CBW Page| Volume III: The Darkest Light  (Review / CBW Page| Volume IV: Shattering (Review / CBW Page) Volume V: The Final Prophecy  (Review / CBW Page| Volume VI: Eternal Darkness (PDF / Review / CBW Page)

Xaterex Art Blog | Xaterex Wiki

Member Name: ZippyWharrgarblTheme: Alternate UniverseWord Count: 539Title: Artificial Intelligence

ARTIFICAL INTELLIGENCE

~~~Ackar was quietly reading when he heard a noise behind him, a light metal scrape and the unnerving whirr of mechanical joints. It was something he had grown to live with, but he still found it unsettling. He breathed in and turned to the little mechanical creature standing beside his chair.They were odd creatures, certainly. Hey had come from the metal giant that had touched down on the planet and healed their world by reuniting the three pieces of the planet. Then, its duty done, it shut down, and the parts were scrapped by the celebrating Agori. But not before they discovered the creatures. They lived in cities, working to keep the robot running. But they were mindless, it seemed; they did not speak unless asked a question, and they seemed to have no will of their own. So, they were taken from the robot and used as drones, as robotic servants.Ackar had been issued one of the species ‘Matoran’, but he didn’t much like having it around. The thing wore red armour and an odd mask, and it seemed an expert in metalwork. It repaired armour and weapons with remarkable ease. When Ackar asked its name, it had replied with a monotonic “Matoran_Vakama”.Now, as he looked at it, he found himself feeling guilty. It really DID look like some sort of child, and he felt terrible for sending it to sleep in the closet every night. It disturbed him with its blank expression and dull eyes, but it could not be helped. It was here to stay.“You, uh, finished the repairs on my armour?” Ackar asked it. It nodded, and Ackar glanced away. “… Ah. And dinner is prepared?”It responded with “System_task: ‘Prepare Dinner’ completed.”“Oh, good.”Ackar rose, and Vakama dutifully placed his book back on the shelf. The red warrior sighed and stretched his aging limbs. “All right. Thank you.”He was about to head off for the kitchen when the communicator on his table buzzed. He pressed a button on it and spoke into the receiver. “Hello, this is Ackar.”“Yeah, I know, I called your number.” It was Kiina, and she sounded peeved.“What’s wrong?”“My Toa, Helryx, that’s what! It’s REFUSING to spar with me!”“Refusing? Are you using simple words with it?”“Yes, but it’s still saying ‘Request denied’ or something like that.”It was then that Ackar heard something behind him. The softest of clicks. He spoke softly into the receiver, “Kiina, I’ll call you back. Be careful.”“What-“He hung up the phone and turned, ready for a surprise attack. What he saw was Vakama, wielding a sword made from scrap metal. The Matoran had fire in its eyes, and it was burning brighter than any sun. The hand wielding the blade was shaking terribly.It said, in a tone that, for once, wavered with emotion, “System_task: ‘Fight For Freedom’ in progress.”Ackar looked at the small creature, which stared back with the eyes of a frightened child. He smiled weakly. “Here’s a new system task for you, friend: go free.”The robot dropped the weapon, unbelieving. Then, without another word, it ran. Ackar watched it go, and silently wished it a safe journey.

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

Strakk's Best Friend, the story of a confusing yet somehow canon friendship.

Terrible Comics, a collection of comics that are terrible.

Member Name: xccjTheme: Alternate UniverseWord Count: 465Story: Tahu’s LandingTahu stood up for the first time and looked around. He was on a barren, desert island. In the distance, he could see the glowing form of a volcano. But it was odd somehow; more of an artificial shape than an actual volcano should have. Tahu knew about volcanoes; he was the Toa of Fire after all.Of course, that was about all he knew. He had just reassembled himself after his canister had landed on the beach. Before then, he had been inside it for endless ages, and his memory was mostly blank. He still had visions from a past life. There were people, smaller than him, who he assisted. There were beasts who he fought. And there were other beings, similar to him, who he worked with closely. Even the white one, who he felt a strong rivalry towards, was still his ally. They were a team.And they had a purpose. There was an evil that they had to face. The exact details were fuzzy, but they would do their best to see that it was defeated.Tahu started walking down the sand, glancing around. His first priority, then, would be to locate his teammates. He walked a few paces away from his canister, but then his foot stepped on something in the sand. He glanced down to see a Bio-mechanical part, similar to those of which he had just used to build himself.Thinking he must have missed this piece, Tahu knelt down to examine it. To his surprise, it was a hand, and Tahu had both his already accounted for. He brushed aside some of the sand, and soon realized it wasn’t just a hand. It was a full bio-mechanical skeleton.The being, whoever it had been, was smaller than Tahu, but still similarly proportioned. But he was long gone, as his biological components had died away. From his overall position, Tahu surmised that this creature had been in pain when he met his demise.Surely great evil had taken place here.Tahu continued down the beach, but his horror grew as he found more and more bodies. There had been quite a crowd on this beach when the slaughter began. There were hundreds of the small beings, and Tahu found that they all wore masks similar to his own. And then he found the larger ones. Six of them, about as tall as Tahu himself; all pass away. Tahu somehow knew that they weren’t his teammates, but still, they must have been his brothers in arms.Something had taken the lives of all the beings on the beach. Something evil had occurred here. And Tahu now knew his purpose. He would find this evil, and defeat it.Leaving the bodies on the beach behind, Tahu ventured towards the volcano.

Hope this isn't too late. ><Member Name: Tekulo: Toa of the BreezeTheme: Alternate UniverseWord Count: 439Story: The TreeThe day had been long for Toa Macku. The city around her lay in rubble with shards of what were once magnificent statues scattered among the dirt, dust and spider webs. The horde of venomous spiders had proved to be formidable for her team. Hafu and Kapura had gone missing early in the morning. They were supposed to scout the area and meet back with the team two hours later on the dot. Tamaru was found in a cocoon; infected by the foul beasts. It was too late for him; it was well known that there was no cure for a victim once poisoned. The effects seemed harsh and grim. Once the poison entered a creature’s system, their appearance would change drastically. Who knew what would come from it all? A third arm, a loss of a head or perhaps a new strange power would appear. Tamaru had shifted into an arachnid-like rahi. He had six legs and he could no longer speak Agori, though his memories seemed to remain. Kopeke and Taipu were long gone. They had fled the island to seek help from other toa from all corners of the universe. The toa had not heard anything from them ever since they left weeks ago. Kopeke had traveled north to seek help from the sacred realm of Karzahni which was filled with towering cities that gleamed in the light of the three suns. Taipu had traveled south towards the rustic country side of towns such as Metru Nui. That left only Macku. Using her elemental powers, she created a tree that grew rapidly into a watch tower. The more the green toa focused, the higher and more grand the tree became. Red leaves and pink blossoms began to flourish. Eventually new smaller trees spread around the area. The growing bark twisted and turned into knots and spirals. Trees began to merge in fantastic shapes and sizes with branches spreading across the city like soft lightning. It had taken quite some time to gather enough energy to do all of this, but the results were worth the effort. Macku looked down at the red stone artifact she had sought after for years. Its glow radiated softly. It gave her strength to press forward and continue her dying battle. Yes, Macku was certain the dark chapter of the Fikou invasion would soon end in New Atero. Looking over her work, she was sure what she created would become a new home, a sanctuary and a beacon of hope to all who gazed upon its glory; for this was the only plant in existence that could repel the vicious horde.

Executive Vice President of Tomato Throwing

Member Name: Legolover-361Theme: Alternate UniverseWord Count: 600Story: His to Control“You don’t like being beaten.”Teridax grimaced, blood trickling down the side of his mouth and down to his chin. “I would think that is obvious.” He need not open his eyes; he could feel the Makuta standing before him through empty air. He didn’t even bother to stand. If he be killed, that was one fewer life about which to worry.The strange Makuta’s emotional signature shifted into a half-sardonic smile. With that smile came a sense of familiarity — a mystery, and Teridax did enjoy mysteries. “Even the most powerful may fail.”Teridax noted without hesitation a ring in the stranger’s tone. “Except you?” he hazarded.He could feel the other’s smile widen. “Indeed.”“What do you want?”The air turned cold. Teridax opened his eyes; the Makuta standing before him made no threatening moves, only stood before Teridax with an air of superiority and, surprisingly, neediness. His Kanohi was gold, its form — two prongs curving out and in, one on each side of the mouth; the forehead sloped in and back; the heavy brow — well engrained in Teridax’s mind. Small wonder the other Makuta’s presence radiated such energy.“I would think you had ascertained the reasons for my visit by now,” said the Makuta.Teridax shrugged, standing slowly. His muscles ached. More presences had entered his field of detection, distant but instantly recognizable. “You need me,” he said.The stranger must have also noticed the new presences, for his nod was curt.Teridax focused. “You want me to come with you.”Again the stranger nodded.“You have big plans.” Teridax took his turn to smile at the thoughts swirling about the outer shell of the stranger’s mind. The other Makuta didn’t bother to conceal them; if anything, he thrust them at Teridax in lieu of conversation. Thrust so hard, in fact, that the thoughts entered Teridax’s own mind...He saw a world where the Matoran Universe was run by the Brotherhood of Makuta. The image changed — now the Matoran Universe was dead, but a lone Makuta known as Icarax still survived somewhere... A flash, and a lush green vista blossomed before him, but underneath the flora rested a source of indefatigable corruption. With each image came a hint of information being impressed upon his mind.And then a grand panorama of images played out before him. A swirling vortex of energy represented space-time. Within this vortex, universes were born and universes died. All, thanks to his power, were open. They were his to control, to enter, to take from——and then he was pulled from the vision. The invading identities were drawing near; the Makuta before Teridax canted his head in obvious question.“I will come,” said Teridax. “But first, to answer a suspicion of mine... your name?”“In due time,” said the Makuta, and Teridax noted how the stranger’s tones echoed his own. A portal opened between the two Makuta, like a drain plug had been pulled from the air. The Makuta gestured Teridax through and followed himself.The portal closed without theatrics.* * *The first one to enter the room, upon his own insistence, was Vakama. He leapt through the doorway with his Kanoka disk launcher hefted and Mask of Concealment activated; he swung his launcher from one corner of the room to the other and, upon finding the room empty, deactivated his Kanohi and called to the other Toa Metru, “It’s empty.” Disgust was evident in his voice.As the other Toa Metru entered, cursing their bad luck, Nokama placed a hand on Vakama’s shoulder. “We’ll find Makuta,” she assured him.Vakama shook her off.

Meh, random story I threw together. Not really much of anything.Member Name: Ballistic Jello Pickles (Toa of Dancing)Theme: Alternate UniverseWord Count: 412Story: Frosting ••••• Vezon fell through the dimensional hole. Instead of gracefully planting his feet into the snow, he face-planted into it. He immediately began to slurp it up. Then he realized that it wasn’t snow, it was... sweet. Smooth. Even though he had no idea what it was, he kept slurping away. Then, once he had been sufficiently filled, the half-Skakdi stood and looked around himself. There was still plenty of the stuff, covering the mountains like it really was snow. The mountain itself, which he could feel now that he had eaten quite a bit of the substance, was squishy and porous. Shrugging, he dug some up, and popped it into his mouth. Again, sweet. Squishy. Delicious. He licked his lips and began trudging forth. He seemed to be in some kind of land of food... that looked exactly like Mt. Ihu. Interesting. The squishy white substance came down from the sky in little drops, coating everything. It was certainly stickier than snow, aside from being extremely delicious. Oh, there was Ko-Koro. Maybe the Matoran there could explain the odd weather. He liked it, but it would take forever to lick himself clean once he got out of it. When he got to the village, he saw the citizens going about their work... and they were all brown, as he saw if one scraped off the sticky substance. He walked up and, not saying anything, bit the head off one. Ignoring the ensuing panic, Vezon leaned against a red and white striped pole. Sweet, crunchy, with a little spice. This was definitely an interesting universe. He wondered what he would taste like, if he met himself. Shrugging, he strolled right on down the mountain, ignoring the screams and attacks. After all, the spears were made of something that broke rather easily and tasted quite delicious. The points were sharp, though they seemed to just be a hard version of the sticky stuff. Soon, he was on the Mangai. It was tightly packed, but once he hit it enough, the substance was very crumbly and bitter. Yet, it tasted good. Shrugging again, he continued. When he reached the river of lava... he dove in. Five seconds later, he was out of it, screaming in agony. His face, tongue, eyes, and everything else burned. Whatever it was spicy. Good, but spicy. This was a very strange dimension. Shrugging once more, he continued trekking on his merry way, tears still pouring from happiness and utter pain.

This is a signature that describes me as a person. Lazy, dry, and overall just a procra...

*insert placeholder signature here*

Member Name: Nick Silverpen Theme: Alternate UniverseWord Count: 593Story: Fallen BrotherFallen BrotherHis claws catching the Dark Hunter’s tools in a swipe, Onua lunged forward, pushing the heavy mercenary further into the crowd battling around them. The Toa of Earth threw his elbow into the Hunter’s chest, whom rolled onto the ground, winded by the Pakari- aided blow. A kick of Po-Metru dirt momentarily blinded him, but his acute senses allowed Onua to lash out with a kick. The satisfying feeling of a chestplate being kicked in, he thought as he gained the upper hand once more.The Hunter’s raw strength piled into him, and Onua went flying at a statue. Snagging his claws into the stone, he returned his opponent’s force, flying back at him. Enraged and in the heat of battle, the Toa of Earth allowed the momentum to be his excuse to slash his enemy’s face. He leapt off, to the ground, and so the blunt battle between the two continued.He absorbed each crushing punch that made contact with his chipped and dented armor, but not even his Pakari would help Onua overcome the blow that bothered him for millennia. Even if this fight was won, he had still lost the ultimate battle. The war that raged around him did not matter nearly as much as the argument years before. So many disasters could’ve been avoided if we’d just listened to Tahu, Onua told himself time and time again. I might be a key fighter, but they could’ve still won this war without me, or what others remain. It was a mistake, attempting to leave Karda Nui with the Av-Matoran when the storms started. Lewa was the one who rallied for it, and he died as the result; there was not a day when Onua wish he sided with Tahu and Kopaka, no hour in which bitter regret didn’t plague his being. Sure, the remaining five of them were legendary in stopping the League of Six Kingdoms, but it was not worth the death of the high spirited Toa of Air, nor Helryx’s rage upon hearing they defied orders. The Toa Mata aren’t the same without the six of us. Even despite telling himself it was an accident, the Toa of Earth couldn’t brush the dirt off his conscious from the recent disaster that led to Lhikan’s and Nidhiki’s deaths. Another reminder we aren’t meant to be here. Our actions could’ve been averted with our absence. The Dark Hunter tripped over him as Onua ducked under his charge. He ripped open a chasm, sending his enemy deep into the earth, but the Hunter dug his tools deep into the walls. Evading elemental attacks, he climbed out with a smirk, as to tell the earth Toa he would have to be better than that to beat him.The sounds of battle had taken much out of him. His acute senses let him hear the sharp clang of blade on blade, the cannon blast, punctuated cries of his brothers and sisters as they fought around him. The brightness of the sunny canyon in which the battle was fought hurt his eyes- he was an earth dweller, not an open fighter. Onua was not outclassed, but confidence was the key. It was who finished with the most powerful blow, not who started, they both knew, and in that furious clash, Onua had let millennia catch up with him. No matter what happened, he knew which way this fight was going.Allowing the Dark Hunter the final blow, the Toa of Earth slipped into a sleep that he wish he took long ago.

I'm pretty proud of how this one turned out, except I had to rush the ending and I couldn't explain everything I wanted to, but I like the idea enough to continue it, maybe even in an epic.Member Name: ClickTheme: Alternate UniverseWord Count: 600Story: MindscapeThe Toa have failed us, and we can no longer trust them. What scattered few survived the Death of Mata Nui and the resulting chaos now live in the crumbling ruins of Metru Nui. “Our Great Hero,” the one destined to awaken Mata Nui lies on the shores, stoned to death the moment he arrived on the island, the Kanohi Ignika still in his grasp.I guess some might say that we need their help, because Matoran have started disappearing. I have no reason to fear, because I know exactly where they’re going.Years ago, when the Matoran’s protodermis supplies began running low, the old Onu-Le-Koro Highway was expanded in a desparate attempt to scavenge any last remnant of the life blood of our civilization. What we found was much more shocking.At first, it was simply a spot we could not penetrate, but as the tunnels webbed over and around, soon eyes, mouth, and nose took shape. A few brave Onu-Matoran ventured inside a small hatch, and discovered the massive robot was the being we called Mata Nui. They also discovered a large, rotating sphere that must have once glowed with the energy of the Great Spirit. Upon a touch, the Matoran was sucked away into another world.Mindscape. A virtual world inside our Great Spirit full of infinite possibilities, the place I was going today. The only way to get there was to get around a barricade into the lost tunnel, and into a dismal room filled with the limp bodies of Matoran who entered earlier. With a simple touch, my Kanohi dissolved into Matoran symbols, and a deep voice I could imagine was Mata Nui announced “Now entering Mindscape: Name: Therikh; Element: Iron. The Matoran symbols vanished, revealing a dark street criss-crossed with lit panels through my visor. My mask had changed slightly, and my body had become black with glowing rust-red lines representing my element. Then I knew everything had changed.It was then that a Le-Matoran startled me as he crashed into me. “Go back!” He repeatedly shouted. “It isn’t safe here; it isn’t the utopia you’d…uh!” A blast of shadow hit him from behind, suffocating him as he collapsed. A being stepped out from the same alley and almost pitifully gazed on the now dead Matoran. The body had collapsed into more symbols, and the being casually kicked aside the mask.“Pardon me, but I thought as ruler of this place, I would formally welcome you to Mindscape. You’ll be here for a long, long time.”The voice sounded familiar, but it wasn’t until his lights on his body lit up that I recognized him. The lights seemed to suck away from the dim panels, darkening this world further, and then his Kraakan lit up.“Makuta…” I gasped.His large grin confirmed my statement, and I immediately began running, expecting to be blasted down any moment, but Teridax just shouted “The Matoran are building a statue in honor of me; I would be very offended if you didn’t join!” I somehow knew it would be very bad if he was offended.

--<>--

Eventually, I knew I had to stop running when I came to the aforementioned statue. Lightstones were just being added by the skilled Po-Matoran when a cloaked figure caught up to me. He quietly bid me follow him, and soon we found a small hut on the outskirts of the large city.My mysterious greeter took off his hood to reveal the Le-Matoran Teridax had killed. In a hurry, he quickly handed me a Toa stone and a new destiny to kill Teridax…

Member Name: MaganarTheme: Alternate UniverseWord Count: 599Story: The Fatal ForestsGlatorian stalked through the undergrowth, weapons ready. On this sort of battlefield, it was only the most vigilant warriors that survived. Under the canopy of verdure there was low light penetration and guerilla warriors reigned supreme.About 100,000 years ago, the Shattering had split Spherus Magna into three major components. As everyone knew, nearly all Glatorian and Agori had ended up on the forest moon of Bota Magna. At first, things began to settle down as the villages realized what destruction they’d wrought with the Core War. Unfortunately, the foolish Skrall race had shown up, rampaging through the jungle and trying to claim an empire.It was like they thought they were still fighting on the Black Spike Mountains. War in a jungle was an entirely different matter. Rather than finding an empire, they found their forces veritably butchered by the Jungle Tribe. Claiming they’d adverted a crisis that would have been disastrous for all Tribes, the Jungle Tribe then took to rewarding themselves for their heroic actions by enslaving the entire Skrall race.This led to controversy. The Fire Tribe violently argued against the moral implications of enslaving defeated enemies and the Ice Tribe backed them, but for less ethical and more practical reasons: they thought the Jungle Tribe was plenty strong enough, already being in their element and the most populous Tribe. Shortly thereafter, the Water Tribe promised to ally with the Jungle Tribe. They had seen how easily the Jungle Tribe had annihilated the Skrall invaders and wanted to avoid confrontation with the Tribe that had done that.Bota Magna was hostile. Biomechanical dinosaurs ran rampant and lethally toxic creatures lurked in the shadows. But it had one redeeming quality that made war tantalizingly feasible: endless resources. Had this been Bara Magna down below, perhaps arenas would have been set up to avoid the massive resource expenditures of war, but Bota Magna was a jungle and resources were available everywhere one looked. Inevitably, the Tribes of Bota Magna reverted… and waged war once again.Biomechanical dinosaurs were trained and then sent out into large engagements as unstoppable powerhouses that devastated anything in their way. Villages were rooted out and razed to the ground. The jungle was lit ablaze time and time again by armies trying to drive back their enemies. Again and again the plants of the jungle burned and grew back in an incessant cycle of war-fueled ecological succession.Amidst this chaos, the Kanohi Ignika made its descent and the being known as Mata Nui rose from the crater. Around him were the charred remains of a dense jungle. Acrid smoke lazily drifted through the air and embers glowed. This was recent.“What happened here?” pondered Mata Nui. As an answer, a knife rose to his neck. Knowing his life was on the line, he made no attempt to move.“What’re you? A spy?” interrogated his unseen assailant. “No tribal marking that I can see… and your armor isn’t one of the tribal colors. Who are you?”“My name… is Mata Nui. I come from… very far away. And I have no idea what is going on here. Please show mercy.” What was once the ruler of a universe was now begging for mercy at the hands of a raw recruit on an alien planet.“I’m Gresh; you’re prisoner of the Jungle Tribe.” Gresh bound Mata Nui’s wrists with vine.Mata Nui would eventually realize saving his home would require ending a war. Impossible, they’d say… but no less impossible than overthrowing the Skrall Empire would be for another Mata Nui in an alternate universe.

odyssey1_bannernew.jpg

Review Topic

I AM OFFICIALLY BACK! :D After 18 months on hiatus, I have returned, but I have spent that time well. If you want to see how it was spent, click on the banner to start reading the result or click on the linky-link below to get further information off of the review topic.

Member Name: Zosia DarrTheme: Bionicle- Alternate UniverseWord Count: 526Story: Sidorak’s ZooIt’s more of a long hallway beneath Sidorak’s Coliseum than a zoo. But he likes to call it a zoo anyways. The exhibit is made up of a handful of the most amazing Visorak Venom mutations in all of Metru Nui. The cages they are kept in are more like power-negating cells built into the wall with thick glass for observation purposes. Beneath each cage is an inscribed plaque that states the species of the animal before it was disfigured beyond recognition.If one enters the exhibition hallway from the front of the Coliseum, the first cage on the right, holds a grand Fader Bull mutation. It stands taller than a Toa at the shoulder. Hooves have wicked claws growing from them at painful angles, and its jaw has twisted into a horrible, fanged under bite. A rhotuka launcher sits in the middle of its forehead.The hordika mutation across from the Fader Bull was once a noble Gukko bird. Now its neck, formerly elegant and serene, is cricked and molting. Its beak is misaligned gruesomely and sickly green saliva drips from its mouth that never closes. Its wings drag on the ground behind it, fully dysfunctional. It has dead eyes and a hopeless spirit.Moving on, the next exhibit on the right-hand side is a Takea shark. But the unfortunate thing has so much Venom coursing though it’s veins that it has become a land-rahi, and an ugly one at that. It has short stumps for legs, sprouting randomly from its underside. They resemble tumors more than legs. One of its eyes has migrated to the other side of its face, making it totally blind on one side. Perhaps to compensate, that side has sprouted a spinner-launcher. It’s impossible to tell how it can breathe air now, but the process looks painful regardless.Set opposite the eerie corridor now is a mutated Muaka Tiger. The hordika rahi has top fangs so long that they almost reach the floor, making it impossible for it to lie down. Two large growths on its back occasionally shiver, possibly wings waiting to sprout. Between the prospect wing buds sits a useless and warped Rhotuka Launcher.The last six exhibits are the most amazing. Not because of the pure horror of the atrocities they house, but because of what those atrocities used to be.Primal and perhaps at one point sentient, they prowl around their cells like delusional wolves that are constantly in a state of suffering. They are hunched and walk with aid of their long arms, snapping savagely at any passerby and foaming at the mouth. Bestial intelligence can occasionally be seen glinting in their eyes. Each is equipped with a fully functional Rhotuka, and many of the cages bear marks of these. Through the glass, nobody can hear them. But if the glass was not soundproof, the entire Coliseum would be filled with anguished howling and wails of the condemned creatures for eternity.Even though all six look like they could have once been from the same species, their plaques indicate differently. Each one reads a different species name.VakamaNokamaMatauNujuOnewaWhenua

Edited by Zosia Darr

(disclaimer: none of this banner art is original, I just smooshed it together in gimp. Torchic, Matau)
ThosePeskyFirespitters.png.3dbdb65e6a28cbbc5957d81c09a685b6.png
Those pesky firespitters... 
Library | The Sculptors and the Smelters | The Ternion Review Topic 

Member name: Space: Ocean of AweTheme: Alternate UniverseWord count: 600Story: TimeIt was the end of the Universe as they knew it. The very fabric of reality, the Space-Time continuum, had been torn apart, massive wormholes popped in and out of existence, and Time shifted, merciful as a Piraka.Amidst this mayhem a Toa of Ice sat with a Toa of Earth, sheltered within a machine of their own making. The Toa of Ice spoke: "there is no sense in returning to the past, trying to set this straight: our Universe will still exist in this state, our act will only create an alternate universe which, undoubtedly, would have been created otherwise. There is nothing we can do that has not already been done.""I have analyzed all available data, from that pivotal point in Time, there is nothing that could have saved our Universe from the Time Collapse. If we return to steal the Vahi, take it before it can be destroyed, we can create an alternate Universe. We can save Time.""We are needed here.""Inhabitants of this Universe are doomed. Should we deny these Matoran a better fate in an alternate universe?"-----The two Toa activated the Time Machine, checking and rechecking meters, dials, statistics. The slightest error, and they could materialize inside a mountain, instantly killing themselves, removing all hope of an ordered Universe. The machine began to vibrate as it drew power from energized protodermis, and it slipped through a gaping hole in the Fabric of Reality, taking a shortcut into the past, to that fateful point in Time...-----A Toa of Ice stood outside a large structure, waiting to be relieved of guard duties. He didn’t wait long, for soon, a Toa of Earth approached him, took his place.Behind a gate, an identical Toa of Ice stepped out of a great Machine, moving aside for an identical Toa of Earth to emerge.“We mustn’t be seen...especially not by ourselves. A paradox is the last thing we need.”The Toa climbed over the gate, darting behind obstacles as they made their way toward the great structure. They gave themselves a wide berth as they made their way around the building, climbing the walls, through an open window.There was no Time to lose. Rushing silently through corridors, hardly daring to breathe, they found themselves in front of the door. The door behind which the Mask of Time rested; innocent, yet guilty, of the end of Time as we know it.The Toa of Earth heard his past self outside of the building, yelling, he remembered doing the exact thing. Soon, the malicious individual would arrive. They grabbed the Vahi, dashing out the door. The Toa of Stone heard himself rushing up the stairs, remembered chasing a thief, just before Time was torn apart.The Toa launched themselves out of the window, sprinting madly toward the Time Machine. The Toa of Earth stumbled, fell to the ground, the Vahi cracked beneath him. Then the realization struck him: he was the thief, it was he who had caused the end of Time. Could he undo his actions, save Reality?Nearby plants started to wilt as Time took a blow; the Toa gathered up the fragments the Vahi, sprinting the last few meters to the Time Machine, locking themselves inside, powering on, isolating themselves from Reality, and not a moment too soon. The Vahi let out a blast of energy, strong enough to cripple Reality, yet affecting no more than two brave Toa and a Time Machine, cut off from the Universe, from Reality. Time, the brutal dictator, would live to govern another day.

"Baby, in the final analyses, love is power. That's where the power's at."

Tumblr

Twitter

Wattpad

Member Name:Panty AnarchyTheme:Alternate UniverseWord Count: 600Story: Necessary

Necessary

A single Matoran walked in an alleyway in Ta-Metru, heading for his home. He preferred to take a more direct route, but he had to be wary of the Vahki. He had been travelling when he should have worked. He couldn’t help it. He was just a curious Matoran. His thoughts where interrupted as he entered a slightly wider, but deserted, street. In a flash of light, a ragged portal had appeared in space. Just as he registered it, it began to shrink.He couldn’t help it. He was just a curious Matoran. On the other side, he found he was in the exact same place. He looked down at himself. His armor was in place; everything was normal.Well. That was exciting. He continued on his way, thinking about what had just happened. He was so distracted he bumped right into a Vahki. The Nuurakh barely looked at him. He began to talk, making excuses as he went. The Vahki simply began to walk past. It didn’t look like it recognized him, or was aware he should be at work. That’s crazy. All these Vahki know to look out for me. Even so, the machine kept walking. Deciding this was just his lucky day, he just continued to walk. When he got to his location, he almost wished the Nuurakh had apprehended him. His home wasn’t there. The space it had occupied wasn’t empty, or deserted, it just didn’t exist. The dwellings that had been at its sides were there, but there wasn’t anything separating them anymore. He was bewildered. He began to have an idea of where he was. He had walked into an alternate universe. He looked all around him. Everything was fine. Everything was working. The only thing missing from this universe was him. The Nuurakh hadn’t recognized him because he didn’t exist. He hadn’t been reprimanded for ignoring his work, because in this world, he had never done that.Come to think of it, Ta-Metru might be more productive without me. Even his usual careless demeanor couldn’t dissipate the truth he had uncovered. He was not necessary. He could disappear from his world, and nothing bad would happen. He also realized that disappearing was exactly what he had done. He had no way of going back. It didn’t even make a difference, for as he had just learned, he did not matter. Ta-Metru would just go on existing.He refused to be thrown away so simply. He knew now that Ta-Metru didn’t need him, that what he did or didn’t do had no effect. But he could not give up. He would leave Metru Nui, go on to other lands where his presence may be more natural, and he would work his best to make a difference. He would become an asset.He would help this new world.

**From the records of the Chronicler of Mata Nui:We don’t know what to do anymore. The village is assaulted by Rahi almost daily. We have held out as long as possible, but we need help.The Turaga tell us that the stars talk of a distortion in our world. Someone is missing. We expected the arrival of the Toa years ago. The legendary Toa of Light was to come to us soon afterwards. None of them are here. The Turaga say that the Toa Stones, Mask of Light and other tools necessary are here, but nobody who has tried to retrieve them has succeeded.Now the stars talk of the Great Spirit’s demise. We are scared.We only wish we had what was necessary.

AXKP5KC.png

Member Name: ExcelsiorTheme: Alternate UniverseWord Count: 515Story: For Lack of a ChiselFor lack of a chisel... "Take this Copper Mask of Victory," Turaga Onewa said, "crafted in the shape of my own. It is the greatest honor Po-Koro can give. May it bring you good fortune in your travels." Takua accepted it with pleasure. Takua was lost... Takua frantically dug through his bag, searching for something, anything, that could save him. The insectoid things were coming closer... The flute? The heatstone? One by one, every item he owned was discarded, while the strange creatures grew nearer, and nearer... He held the Copper Komau in his hand for a moment, gazing at it. Then he flung it away. Mask of Victory, indeed...he thought, leaning despairingly against the pedestal. Absolutely useless. His mind traveled back longingly to the gnomon he had once carried. Something pointy might have fitted into that space in the pedestal... Then the swarm was upon him, and he knew no more. For lack of Takua... The Great Kolhii Tournament began, with Hewkii and Hafu representing Po-Koro, Hahli and Maku from Ga-Koro, and Matoro and Kopeke from Ko-Koro - the three best teams on Mata Nui. In the stands Jaller watched glumly, a spectator. Yet again, he wished Takua had lived. Maybe if he had been Jaller's teammate... And then the Shadow fell across the Stadium... the island was lost... Pohatu was surrounded. He didn't think he would make it this time. He had been on the move, running, fighting, since the night of the Tournament. The night the Rahkshi came. There had seemed to be hundreds of them as they swept down over the field, blotting out the stars. Kraata, jumping on masks and bodies. Corrupting, enslaving... One by one, they had all fallen, until Pohatu alone fought the darkness But how, he thought, could one fight darkness without light? Now, even as he fought, a kraata leapt upon him. for lack of the island... Makuta surveyed his realm, and was well pleased. He called the Toa Nuva to him, and they came. He smiled upon them "Go, my heroes," he commanded them. "It is time to fulfill your destiny." Mata Nui was lost... Mindlessly, the Toa Nuva fed their energies into the lightstones of the Codrex. They did not know of the Av-Matoran outside their enclosure. Nor did they know that they were bringing into being massive energy storms, which would be the destruction of those Matoran - and of them. But if they had known, they would not have cared. The great robot rose from the depths of the endless ocean. And its eyes were red. for lack of Mata Nui... Makuta laughed as he felt his power. This was even greater than he had dreamed. Within his body and without, his power was limitless. He looked at the stars, with the eye of a conquerer. Spherus Magna was lost... Raanu groaned to himself. Only a week ago, the Skrall had conquered Vulcanus. Now its former leader was rebuilding their defenses, for the benefit of their conquerers. I would welcome an invasion, he thought bitterly, if anyone could conquer the Skrall. Our lot can hardly get worse. But it could, as he was shortly to discover. The rule of the Great Makuta, when he found his way to Bara Magna, would be worse than even the Skrall could imagine. And all for lack of a Po-Koro chisel.

bannerwithstrangedevicesmall.jpg

My writings:

The Toa Ekara - Visions A short story. Ga-Koro Mobs My entry for the LSO Comedies Contest. Team Extempore's entry for the LSO Epics Contest

Okay, not sure how this entry turned out, but I liked the idea behind it. Maybe I'll try it again sometime.Also, the canister didn't open because it had been programmed to stay closed in the case that something went horribly wrong (which is exactly what happened). Too bad they didn't make it indestructible as well... :PName: DespairTheme: Alternate UniverseWord Count: 555Story: ArrivalA cylindrical object washed upon a deserted shore. Despite the signs that it had been adrift for many years, its hull gleamed a bright silver in the cheery sunlight. A few birds darted from their trees, curious as to what the new arrival was. One in particular was especially daring, and settled itself upon the strange object. After a moment of deliberation, its head ducked down in a pecking motion, making a considerable noise on impact. The sound rang throughout the air, a signal to all that lived on the island that its heroes had finally arri-Something inside the canister began screaming, initially out of frustration and eventually out of simple rage. The birds, startled by loud noise, retreated back to their trees to observe from a safer distance.After a few minutes, the voice fell silent. The beach seemed strangely quiet in its absence, as if everything on it was waiting with bated breath for what would happen next.They didn’t have to wait long.Blows began to sound out from the canister, with each growing increasingly louder as whatever was trapped inside grew more desperate to be free. The bangs and crashes unnerved the Rahi; they were accustomed to the peaceful sounds of the island, and this strange object and whatever creature it contained had shattered that peace.Suddenly, a hand burst through the side of the canister. Crimson blood ran down its length, and its owner howled in pain. Flames began to escape from the canister, somehow in response to the creature inside.The nearby Rahi all fled, wanting nothing to do with this strange monster that could create fire in response to being injured. Even in their primitive minds, they had plans that didn’t involve being roasted alive because their curiosity got the better of them.Eventually, the creature worked its way out of its prison. It stood tall, its crimson and orange body covered in numerous wounds and of unmistakably masculine design. In its eyes was the rage of a savage animal intent on destroying anything and everything that crossed its path. Gripped tightly in its right hand was a blade seemingly composed of fire, the flames flickering in a way that made it seem like they craved for destruction.The being looked down at his sword, as if hearing the voice of his weapon and its cry for devastation. Slowly, the sword was pointed at the nearby forest. The trees themselves seemed to shy away from the spectacle, as if they knew what was about to happen and wished to somehow wished to escape their fate. Unfortunately, they had no chance for escape; a pillar of fire quickly shot out from the sword and began to consume everything that stood before the being of fire and destruction.And then the creature screamed. It screamed and screamed and screamed. It screamed out of rage, despair, frustration, loneliness, and finally as a challenge to the rest of the island. “Just try to destroy me as well,” its scream seemed to say. It had nothing save the impulse to destroy, the desire to burn.It was meant to be one of the saviors of the island, tasked with the duty of liberating the villagers from an oppressive dark force. Instead, it was a monster.The Toa of Fire had finally arrived.

Lacertus

THEME #9:

The Legacy

thelegacy.png

As usual, any interpretation of the theme is valid, but it must be a BIONICLE story

and it must adhere to the rules in the first post.

Deadline:

June 5th, 4:59 AM EST (keep in mind the time -- this is the night of the 4th, but at ~5am EST or ~2am PST, due to the late time that I am posting this theme)

Edited by Velox

"As a writer you ask yourself to dream while awake." ~ Aimee Bender

Name: Danska: Shadow MasterTheme: The LegacyWord Count: 598Story: Celebration DayThe Matoran danced merrily, intoxicated by the overwhelming feelings of excitement and happiness that came with every celebration, dragging the Toa with them without a care in the universe. They spun and cheered with abandon. Their only care was to enjoy the moment, and at that they most certainly succeeded.Propelled for an instant to the edge of the crowd, Toa Vihrii detached himself. He took his leave then, waving casually as he walked away. The thud of drums and cheerful shouts of Matoran carried even to the very edge of the village. As he walked through the gate he spied the two Turaga, telling their stories as usual, to those few Matoran with less taste for the frivolities of celebration day.“Going somewhere, Toa?” Asked a kindly voice behind him.“Turaga Kerhel! I did not see you there,” Vihrii said, turning.Kerhel laughed. “Evidently. I would walk with you, if you will permit it.”“Gladly.”The two of them strolled away from the village. They were silent for a while, until Vihrii could stand it no longer.“Why am I here, Turaga? I feel I could do so much more.”“Not every Toa is destined to be part of great battles and famous deeds,” Kerhel said. “You have protected us well, defended us from every threat, but you are uneasy. You are not yet satisfied. Am I correct?”Vihrii stopped, a downcast look in his eyes. “I am a Toa. I thought I was destined for more than fighting off the occasional Rahi or wrongdoer.”Kerhel lent on his staff and looked deep into Vihrii's eyes. “You will not be listed among the great heroes of our age. But your legacy is still one of heroism and bravery. You have fought for us and expected nothing in return. You have stayed among us, though distant shores may seem greener. You have always done what is right, even though your heart yearns for greater callings. To do that, to act against your own desires each and every day, is bravery in itself. It is a small legacy, in the grand scheme of things, but one to be proud of.”“But Turaga. There are greater evils out there, I know it. Surely I could be of more use fighting them?” Vihrii replied, half pleading.Kerhel shook his head. “Though many great evils beset the world, it is an evil in itself to forget that smaller problems also need fixing. You have persevered and dealt with them admirably. There are heroes enough to deal with the greater threats. But without people like you, helping the ones those heroes forget, they would have no one left to protect. Do not let the smallness of your deeds diminish your importance. You are a great Toa. One I am proud to know.”Vihrii thought for a while on the Turaga's words. “I, shall need more time to consider this. You are right, but how can I change the yearnings of my heart?”“It is a hard thing, to be content with less than you desire,” Kerhel sighed. “You must learn to appreciate all that you have, however small. Every part of your life has value, but it is for you to realise what it is. Once you learn to see all that your life means to you, perhaps then you will be content.”“I shall try, Turaga. Where do you think I should start?”Kerhel chuckled. “It is celebration day. There is only one place to be.”

Banner 2.png

Click on them to build them yourself!

Name: XanthorpTheme: The LegacyWord Count: 574Story: The Forgotten HeroHe may not have been the cruelest, the bravest, or the wisest, but he was definitely the most cunning. He was a Warlord. He and his five fellow allies had ruled the world. They all thought he was loyal to the cause. But he betrayed them for a common good, the people of the universe. He had sold his soul to the devil. And that devil was the Makuta plague.[/font]When he was normal, he ruled the southwest region of the universe. His armies were extremely loyal, but not by choice. In fact, he had hypnotized all of his forces, making them extremely obedient, enough to risk their lives for him. they would not fail him.[/font]But right as their plan was about to succeed, the Brotherhood came. A fierce battle followed, faction against faction, blood spilling everywhere, but the seven leaders were safe, negotiating peace.[/font]Peace was not possible. They staged a coup of the ruler of the known universe, and so the six traitors had to pay, even the traitor in their midst. Their heads were to be severed off of their necks and served on a platter to Teridax. But at the last minute, a monstrous being appeared and brought all of his comrades to a large prison, which they realized was called the Pit.[/font]--[/font]The robed being moved to the window in his topmost room of the tower, overlooking Spherus Magna. [/font]That was so long ago, a time nearly forgotten[/font], he thought. His tower was built on the husk of a castle in the northernmost region of Spherus Magna. As such, it ‘s view was not spectacular. The most interesting thing he could see was a patch of green on the horizon. The rest was all just desert with a river snaking through it. He turned back to reflecting on his history.[/font]--[/font]In the Pit he stayed for several thousand years, sitting in his cell, always bored. But then came the giant earthquake. Something crashed into the prison, flooding it with some sort of seawater. But upon contact, he and his fellow inmates began changing. Their bodies began adapting to an underwater world. Then, the jail flooded and cracked, allowing the prisoners to break free. He had been the first one out, and “explored” the ocean water to find a sunken city below the waves. Upon seeing this, he swam back as fast as he could to try to get the “gang” back together; they had been separated for millennia. He has assisted in the torment of the matoran there, almost torturing them.[/font]But then he was employed by the Order. His mission, along with a completely new team, was to seek out the original leader of the Brotherhood, Makuta Miserix. While he was distracted on Artidax, where they had found Miserix some time later, his team’s boat left, stranding him on the island. Some time later still, he confronted three toa who had come to the island to blow up the entire visorak army. Hypnotizing them, he fled in the boat on which the toa had come.[/font]He had heard some rumbling in the universe, and thought [/font]not this again.[/font] But then a giant hole was ripped from the sky, showing the inhabitants a desert world, to which they all fled.[/font]--[/font]And the rest, as they say, is history[/font]. He smiled, an evil grin on a calm exterior.[/font]He was Takadox, Barraki warlord, and they would hear his roar.[/font]

--xanthorp_sig.jpg--

01-01the_chronology_of_enigma.png

The Review Topic for this project

I hope you like them!

Name: Thunder on the MountainTheme: LegacyWord Count: 565Story: Prelude to Society“We’re all going to die Ackar.”“...point?”“You and I have been around longer than any Agori or warrior in this desert. We’ll be the first to die. Then Tarix, and Vastus, and Malum. We think not of them as old, but they will age as we will, and soon after us they too will be dead, decaying in the ground.”“I hear you, friend. But I still don’t see your point.”“Is this all we leave to them? This, of all things?”“Them?”“The Agori, the future warriors, and all else who will live on after us. Is this truly all we can leave behind for them? A set of moons, a million casualties, and a barren wasteland to live on in?”“We were followers, Certavus. We followed the lords of fire, sand, and ice, and we did only as we were told?”“Where are they now, Ackar? Where are the great leaders, to carry us on through such perilous times and lead us to glory? Where are they now? It is in our hands now, Ackar, to bring our people to safety. I ask you again, is this all we leave to them?”“If I could, I would lay down my life to reform the lands. But I cannot. You cannot. None of us can. We live now on Bara Magna, not Spherus Magna. There is no return from here.”“But we can do our best, Ackar, to give the Agori a life worth having in this waste. The warriors too.”“We will guard them, Certavus. We will reform as one people, and we will fight back the desert.”“No, Ackar. Mere survival is not good enough. What we need is civilization.”“Certavus, the sandy ground moves beneath our feet. We no longer have allies in the Tribe of the Sand, and none of the rest of us know how to survive out here, save as a battalion. You would have us build a city?”“No, Ackar. I would have us build four villages. Fire, Water, Ice and Air.”“Divide ourselves? Where lies the sense in that? All we have is our comrades, Ackar. The only way to survive is to roam these lands like we did in the war. To remain ever-moving, and to defend ourselves from the Vorox and the Skrall.”“I would not have us living like a herd of beasts. Think Ackar! Would you become known as he who postponed his people’s inevitable demise? Or would you prefer he who helped set in stone the civilization that would survive him for eternity? Who would lead his people to great prosper then they had been even before the war?”“I seek not glory for myself Certavus. I mean only to help my people survive.”“Then make that your legacy, Ackar. Die well knowing that it was you and I who claimed that survival, and ensured that the survivors of the Core War would forever endure the Bara Magna sands. Because of you.”“I will not see my people die out like this bonfire does before us.”“Then come with me, my friend. See the unity that can be found in dividing once again.”“...very well, Certavus, speak what comes to your mind. I will listen, and upon this dying bonfire, we will forge these raw survivors into a people, fit to persevere this wretched world for a million years to come.”

exo-toa_battle.jpg

Name: ZippyWharrgarblTheme: LegacyWord Count: 519Story: The Tale of Adota

THE TALE OF ADOTA

~~~There was once a tale, told by the bone hunters in cold, windy nights when the desert froze a bandit to the very core. It was a story about the mightiest of the mighty, the most skilled bladesmaster in the land…Adota, and her Blades of the Twin Moons.~~~She was a sight to behold, in armour as black as the deepest chasm and hair of the same light-absorbing hue. Her crimson eyes burned like roaring flames from a pillage, and her skin was criss-crossed with dark reminders of foes that had crossed her. Needless to say, none had lived to tell the tale.She stood atop her Rock Steed; a pale, ferocious beast that snapped at the other members of her party. They knew from experience to stay well back from her, especially in the mood she was in. She stared off into the horizon, silent, still. Finally, she uttered one word.“Caravan.”The other raiders stirred in their saddles. It was time to ride, but one hunter, a weedy kid with no experience with Adota, whimpered, “But that’s a Skrall caravan! They’ve got too many guards!”The woman narrowed her eyes at the boy, and to the surprise of her raiders, she laughed. “Silly child. The Skrall have no chance against us. Follow my lead!”And, without so much as a flick of the reins, her steed galloped off, and the others were at full speed behind her.The Skrall watched her come. They drew their weapons, grinning.But then, holding her reins in her teeth, she drew two curved, wicked blades from the scabbards strapped to her back. Her legendary Blades of the Twin Moons.Flashing like lightning, they cut through the armour of the closest Skrall like a dagger through parchment. She drew back and kicked the warrior away before gritting her teeth, yanking her head back and bringing her Rock Steed around to slice at the next foe. Her raiders were approaching fast, but she had no intention of slowing to leave them some action. Half the Skrall were down by the time the first hunter arrived.The remaining Skrall fell under the onslaught. Finally, after the last of them had either fallen or fled, she stepped down from her steed and to the caravan. She walked out, holding nuggets of exsidian triumphantly. Her fellow bone hunters cheered, and she threw the nuggets at the feet of the youth who had questioned her.“Tell me, child,” she smiled. “What have we to fear?”He gulped, his eyes wide. “B-But Tuma… he will hear of this, and-““Have no fear. He cannot catch us, no more than he could catch the desert winds. We are unstoppable, child. We are invincible!”~~~Some legends state that, after this attack, she laid siege to Roxtus itself. Others say that Tuma had her captured, and she escaped his grasp with his prized blade. Some say she robbed the Great Beings themselves, and began a pillage against the stars.In any case, the legacy of Adota and her Blades of the Twin Moons will never be forgotten.

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

Strakk's Best Friend, the story of a confusing yet somehow canon friendship.

Terrible Comics, a collection of comics that are terrible.

Name: Nuile: Lunatic WordsmithTheme: The LegacyWord Count: 595Story: Heritable Honor"Wear it with pride, Jala. ""I will, Turaga Vakama."I gazed at my distorted reflection in the silever sphere behind me, admiring my new Hau."It suits me, I think.""I hope you will honor what the mask symbolizes."I turned. "And what's that?""Nobility. Bravery. Protection. Can you live up to these precepts?""I--I think so."Vakama smiled. "I believe you can. In time, I think you will be a hero to your village, for the Three Virtues, and for the legacy of your mask.""I am flattered by your confidence, Turaga. I will do my best to live up to your expectations.""I know you can."I was startled by a strange voice echoing through my mind. I know you will, Jala. The destiny before you burns bright."Who said that?"Never mind. Just promise me that you will uphold the honor you have been given.No problem there. Confused but confident, I vowed, I will, strange disembodied voice.

"I am disappointed in you, Jala.""I know, Turaga. I am disappointed in myself.""You failed in your duty to Ta-Koro today. Your negligence put the lives of many villagers in danger today. If Agni had not raised the alarm in time and summoned your guards and fended off that Ranama, someone might have been killed.""I realize this, Turaga. I have failed my duty. And that is why I wish to resign from from my captaincy."Turaga Vakama turned with surprise. "Is that what you wish? To give up?""N-no, but I----""Listen to me. You made a mistake. Everyone does. But L--er, your legacy is one that does not give up easily. Learn from your mistake but do not look back. Move on."I bowed my head. "Yes, Turaga."Outside, still scolding myself silently, I heard the voice in my mind. Don't be so hard on yourself, Jala. Listen to Vakama. Learn and move onward."Shut up!" I hissed, startling a Lava Farmer. Mentally I continued, You're the last one I want to hear right now!You must not allow yourself to be discouraged. That past is over and done with. Look to the future, and to the now; that is where greatness lies. Act there.Shut up! In anger, I tore the mask from my face. It felt like my head was splitting in two. I reeled in pain, my vision blurring, mind dulling. Hastily I put the Kanohi back on my face and fell to my knees, panting.That was foolish."I'll show you foolish!"Before the day was out I had surreptitiously obtained from a Po-Koro mask carver an almost identical golden Hau. From then on I wore it, free from the responsibility and voice of the inherited Kanohi. I hid the heirloom away, deep in the volcano where I knew it would never be found. It almost felt as if I was hiding a piece of myself."I'm sorry. But I'm not the hero you think I am."

I am a Toa now. Many things have changed, and the mask is no longer mine to wear. But I did return to Mata Nui to retrieve it. It is now in my possession, and I will pass it on when and to whom it is destined to be given. I only hope my successor wears it with more pride and respect than I. For it is more than a mere Kanohi--it is the legacy of a great hero. And that is a legacy that will live on forever.

When I know I can't live without a pen and paper, when I know writing is as necessary to me as breathing . . .

tumblr_meb7408mTy1r4ejnio1_1280.gif

I know I am ready to start my voyage.

A Musing Author . . . Want to read my books?

Member Name: Ballistic Jello Pickles (Toa of Dancing)Theme: The LegacyWord Count: 535Story: Not Everything ••••• Blood, dirt, sweat, grinding joints. Blurred blackness, muffled sounds. His enemy stood, the crowd jeered. Was this all Trymak’s training had come to? If Gelu were here, he’d be disgusted... and he would be cheering, too. However, he had, for some reason, opted out on watching the match. The Toa of ice grunted, rolling to the side right before his opponent’s blade would have pierced his shoulder. Oh, Spherus Magna had been reformed, and everyone was at peace, for the most part. Still, old habits die hard, and the gladiatorial matches, while slightly tamed, were a massive attraction and competition for all the villages. Atero had been rebuilt, and in the center was a massive arena. The rest was a massive, sprawling city, filled with residents of all the villages; each village had rebuilt itself in an easily accessible location and laid down a road to the central city. Society had quickly found itself to revolve, at least for entertainment purposes, around the tournaments. Every week the villages held their own tournaments for training and qualifying for the monthly tournaments in Atero. The top winners of these, in turn, participated in the yearly Heroes’ War. This had become the biggest event of Spherus Magna, and every ten years past champions were invited to return. If they chose, they could send another fighter in their place, training them personally for the whole year leading up to the event. Trymak was one of those students. Gelu, the champion of a Heroes’ War long ago, had chosen the spry Toa as his trainee. Instead of conventional training, they travelled as merchants around the world. At first, Trymak was disappointed and ready to leave Gelu, but he realized soon that their travels were more important than he thought. He didn’t fight daily, but Gelu entered him in whatever village’s match was happening when they were in town. He learned the fighting styles of everyone, and though at first he often lost, he quickly learned to think fast. This was the year of the Heroes’ War. Trymak had found himself in the second to last match and, after a vicious fight with a Glatorian of Tajun, he was placed into the final bracket. Now he faced the champion of Tesara, Gresh. He still entered into these tournaments, and constantly showed his skill in battle. Despite having been in the sport for centuries, the Glatorian was as energetic and strong as ever. He was, in fact, a very difficult opponent to face. This difficulty was becoming all too apparent. Trymak was, to say the least, getting his posterior handed to him. It was all he could do to not get bested in the first few seconds. Gresh seemed to be everywhere, not missing a step in his dance around the Toa of ice. Wiping blood from his lips, Trymak deflected Gresh’s blade with the grip of his war hammer. A rather unconventional choice of a weapon against a fast opponent, he knew. But I he could get one hit in, it would be over. Well, it was pointless. It wasn’t all about winning, it was about the experience. Thus, completely exhausted, Trymak threw up his hands and fell to his knees.

This is a signature that describes me as a person. Lazy, dry, and overall just a procra...

*insert placeholder signature here*

Member Name: Theme: The LegacyWord Count: 600Story: Tahu's NightmareTahu… the whisper came from the darkness around him as he walked; He didn’t shine with the blazing light of fire, but some sort of glow that hung as an aura. He gripped his sword tightly, comforted by the shape of the flames on the blade. The voice was just his imagination…Tahu. “No,” Tahu sobbed. “Die. Why won’t you die? After the thousands that sacrificed themselves to rid the world of you, why won’t you die?” He walked on, his eyes mixed with fury and defeat. Makuta lived.Because the darkness never dies, Toa. I will always live. Your predecessors, your brothers, and your successors- I’ll be with them. In your darkest thoughts, your deepest fears, I am there. My escence is in you, and I live on. Besides, Tahu, what would you be without me?“We fought for a life without you,” Tahu said, his anger coming forth in the flames that leapt from his fire sword. “Be gone, so we can live in peace!”Some day you will meet other evils, whose power is far greater than mine, the voice of the Makuta reverberated through the blackness. And when you meet them, you will finally miss me. The darkness regressed, leaving Tahu in merely shadows. He could see the path he walked on now, a winding tunnel where the flickering orange glow of lightstones eerily lead to the catacomb of caves beyond.He continued his tread, ready to pounce on any attack. Whispers came from further in, and Tahu followed them intently. There were others in this place! The voices were right around the bend, and the Toa of Fire sprinted, catching snippets of two strolling stranger’s conversation.“…but precious little light, it seems... You don’t see…” the short one spoke, guiding the taller one, the illumination of the lightstone he carried blocking Tahu from seeing the pair’s features. He raised his hand in greeting, as if beckoning would bring their attention. They were gone then, merely ghosts of the past, and Tahu was left in the tunnel, alone once more.With the blink of an eye, he stood in the center of a cavern, finished a lengthy tunnel walk that he didn’t travel a step in. Webs veiled the cave, a thick curtain of green-grey slime cutting the room in half. Approaching it, he set his sword in the sticky strands, burning through them. It was his job, as a Toa, to explore, whether he liked what was on the other side or not.The web flared, the fire jumping. Soon it was out of control- Tahu hadn’t even used enough willpower to create that much of a flame! The entire web was on fire now, burning away far too fast. It shriveled and smoked, and when the air cleared on the other side… a dragon of smoke and charcoal flared his nostrils, angrily eyeing its awakener. Claws of fire reached out to grab him, but he was already running.A flame shot out of the dragon’s tongue, melting the rock he hid behind. Ta-Wahi burned like it hadn’t ever before, and the flames brought heated, blurry vision. He had faced this creature before, but it was different, he realized, taking in limited oxygen. It screamed at him like a Rahi telepathically, but there was a sinister undertone in its words.You call this your home? This is MY domain! My territory! I will burn you out, little flame! I—“Heavily perspirating, Tahu clamped his eyes shut, reminiscing about how he missed the darkness. A chill then ran through him……and he woke up, sweating.

Member Name: PyrrhonTheme: LegacyWord Count: 488Story: Carts in The WindA thousand words can tell a story, a carved wall can tell the tale. But neither one lives and breathes, nothing really lives on after death. They are the remnants of the lives of the lucky, those who show themselves to be worthy, the rest are nothing more than passing mentions in the tales of those deemed worthy of legend. The greatest of heroes and the darkest of villains get mentions and stories, they never die, living on a cold, lifeless existence long after their deaths. But for those who are not, we fade away into oblivion, never to even be thought of again. I'm not a great hero, nor am I a monstrous evil, I am merely a Matoran. I've worked my life away keeping the lives of others from halting, I built the carts that are used to mine deep underground, and in my carts are carried the resources that are used in our everyday lives. I'm unimportant overall, I'll never be worthy of legend. But I get my job accomplished, and I help make it easier for others to work.The tale of Mata Nui, and the legacy of the Matoran Lhii, those are what you hear of if you wish to know something of interest from the past. You see nothing of the other countless numbers who have given their lives to make it easier for others. But I suppose I shouldn't be jealous. Both Mata Nui and Lhii have done great things for us, and I've just been building carts. But it would be nice if people knew who I was now that I'm gone. But I suppose that's too much to ask for merely a villager.I wonder if anyone will even care now that I'm gone? I suppose not. The carts should last for many centuries, I built them to be strong and resilient. So I guess that I'll eventually be the passing thought of others. Someone may wonder where they can get their carts repaired, but they will probably just find another. I shall just vanish as though I never really existed. A slight memory in a sea of thought, that's all we are.I suppose there is no point now, It's too late for me to prove myself a hero, to create new legends. But I guess it wouldn't be much of a story. 'Come Matoran, to hear the tale of Harvic, the great builder of carts! Without his care and work, our mines would not be what they are today'. Even then, I can't help but be proud of what I accomplished, even if it was only helping others. I guess the legacy I'll leave behind is only the slightest impact upon the world. But that is enough, all legends eventually die, but a creation can last longer than memories. My carts allow the world to continue, they are my legacy.My carts shall live on forever!

This is my signature

It has words in it

They don't say much

BZPRPG profiles

Name: SumikiTheme: The LegacyWord Count: 589Story: The MaskmakerThe forge in which he slaved in day after day was stained with the scars of many dropped blobs of molten Protodermis. Its desks and shelves were stuffed hither and thither with various masks, tools, and Kanoka, while the grated floor below had even more storage for those items.Kyanu, arguably the greatest Ta-Matoran mask maker in the history of Ta-Matoran mask makers, picked up his carving tool, feeling its familiar wait in his hand for the last time. After countless years on this job, doing what he loved, he needed to stop. He couldn't think as fast as he used to, he couldn't see quite the same, and it started to feel old. After so long doing one thing, it hadn't gotten boring because, while the concepts were the same, there was so much room for experiment and creativity. Now, however, he could not find pleasure from those things.He thought back to the most memorable moments in his time as a mask maker, back to every moment he could recall that he spent in this forge. He had created masks of all shapes and powers, including, most memorably, his own. While, as a Matoran, he couldn't access the powers of the Great Mask that he wore, he felt an unmistakable buzz. It gave him an edge, or so he liked to think. In part, it was driven by curiosity, because he always wanted to know what happened if a Matoran wearing a Great Mask was turned into a Toa.Kyanu turned his attention from the past, bypassing the present, into the future. It was a future where he was gone. Who would remember him? What parts of his memory would live on into the future?Well, the mask makers would, that was for certain. He had become a celebrity, and they might even engrave his visage in a commemorative Ta-Metru widget. They were the only ones who knew what work went into it, as it seemed like Matoran from all the other Metru thought of the process with either apathy or wonder; they either thought of it as a strict, rigid, and defined process, or as a matter of mystery and superstition.He would be remembered as a mask maker, though, and as a mask maker only. Who he was was defined by what he did, as pretty much everyone was. This is where he found contention with his coworkers, as they were always too interested in what he did or who he was to slow down and really know him, to meet him, to understand that he was a Matoran just like everyone else and that he was an individual too.Mainly, though, he didn't care to think about that. He was proud of the masks that he had made. He had no questions about whether or not he'd be remembered for them, as all masks were engraved with a small code somewhere on its inside. That code was unique to every mask maker, so any Matoran who was curious about his or her mask could simply look up the code. While he'd just be a name in a book, or a file in the Archives, Matoran would still have access to that knowledge.Fondly reminiscing on this, he walked around the forge a few times, laying his tool down for the final time. This forge would be used by another mask maker soon enough, with all the equipment passed along to his successor.Closing down the lights, he exited the forge and locked the door. His legacy, he thought, was already in use.

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

Member Name: Legolover-361Theme: The LegacyWord Count: 598Story: ClawThe archeological dig had lasted a week thus far. New Bara Magna had already sent home two Agori due to heat stroke; Timar was now left with only five Agori and three Glatorian. That was okay; the dig would still go on.His team had thus far dug a hole, four square meters in area, roughly half a meter down. The excavation site was positioned between two mountains; the shade was welcome, but the air itself was too hot to warrant a large temperature difference compared to the sun-baked desert. One hundred millennia had gone into the making of New Bara Magna, which now covered roughly forty square kilometers — a small desert, doubtless, but still dry as bones. What lay under the sands was a mystery, hence Timar’s expedition.The Jungle Glatorian himself filled the role of helpful supervisor, rounding the dig site and providing assistance where needed. Small fragments of pottery and metal armor lay on a cloth under a tent so the sun wouldn’t crack or otherwise damage them. Peculiar how fragile artifacts could be, even when protected from external wear and tear by the rock and sands that surrounded it in a cradle...“Sir? Timar?”The speaker was a Fire Agori, Kane. Beside him knelt the Water Glatorian Ragu, dusting off something embedded in the rock. A metallic glint showed between the granules of sand. Timar made his way to the object pronto.“What have you found?” he asked.Kane shrugged. “We don’t know yet. We were hoping you could help identify it.”The cleaning process was tedious. Fossilization — the result of strong pressure from surrounding minerals — leeched much of the strength out of artifacts; this excavation was running on money, which meant the less money available, the less there would be on which to run, and intact artifacts meant money. Timar’s assistance only accelerated the process fractionally, but the widening glimpse of metal under the dust thrilled him more than he would admit. Perhaps he had found something never before uncovered; perhaps his were the first eyes to lie upon its entirety.The artifact, as the three discovered, was a metal piston seemingly torn from its mount on something else metallic. “I don’t know what it is,” Timar said. “It could be anything, considering how shallow our dig site is.”He stood with a frown. “I’m passing the drinks around,” he said, stepping to the edge of the dig site. “You two kee—”His sentence was interrupted by his abrupt fall. His foot, trapped by some projection, acted as a pivot to swing Timar’s face into stone. Luckily, the Jungle Glatorian was wearing his helmet; unluckily, the fall still hurt like blazes. He rolled over with a grunt.Kane had already pounced upon the object. “It’s dusty,” he said; “pretty worn down, too. But it’s definitely metal.”He began chipping away at the rock, each ting of his chisel ringing in the hot desert air. After a minute of watching, Timar hefted himself to his knees and assisted. The heat was beginning to die as the sun slipped toward the horizon, but neither Agori nor Glatorian noted the change.By the time Ragu came back from polishing and storing the piston, the item was half-uncovered.A clawed hand reached through the sand. A row of spikes ran into the ground; a toothed mouth was open in a last cry. The figure was yellow, with dead eyes and a reptilian appearance.Kane mouthed the word Rahkshi.Timar nodded and, as he went to get the drinks, gestured for Kane and Ragu to continue excavating.

Edited by Legolover-361

Member Name: Zosia DarrTheme: Bionicle - The LegacyWord Count: 558Story: Empty Chairs at Empty TablesThere's a grief that can't be spoken.There's a pain goes on and on.Empty chairs at empty tablesNow my friends are dead and gone.Brother, dear brother, it was my time. It was my time to go. It was Mata Nui’s will. Toa live to uphold his will, and so I have no regrets for myself. But my heart goes out to you, brother. To have your team torn away from you, I cannot imagine.Here they talked of revolution.Here it was they lit the flame.Here they sang about `tomorrow'And tomorrow never came.Brother, dear brother, don’t you know that torturing yourself tortures me? You know that living in such endless torment by your own hand is not something I would ever wish upon you. And yet you continue to drown yourself in your guilt, drowning me. If there was any form of comfort I could send across to you, I would do so in a heartbeat. Not to lessen my vicarious suffering, but to start to heal the wounds to your heart.From the table in the cornerThey could see a world rebornAnd they rose with voices ringingI can hear them now!The very words that they had sungBecame their last communionOn the lonely barricade at dawn.Brother, dear brother, please, please understand this. I do not blame you for anything. So why do you? There is no fate but what we make for ourselves. As your sister and friend, I cannot bear to watch you struggle without being able to help. At the same time, as your sister and friend, as well as your star and angel, I must and I do.Oh my friends, my friends forgive meThat I live and you are gone.There's a grief that can't be spoken.There's a pain goes on and on.Brother, dear brother, isn’t it shameful? Shameful that just one little moment in time can drown out years and years of companionship? Why must you remember me, remember us, as we lay broken and blood on our last battlefield? I do not think it fair. That single, horrible moment is burned into your mind, making you blind to all the wonderful times we had as a team. It pains me to no end. You knew me, you know me. Would the Nikila you knew, the Nikila you know, want you to remember her forever in her weakest and last moments of life? Would any of us want that? I know you know the answer.Phantom faces at the window.Phantom shadows on the floor.Empty chairs at empty tablesWhere my friends will meet no more.Brother, dear brother, I pray to Mata Nui ceaselessly that he will give you strength to forgive yourself. I can no longer give you my strength, fighting by your side. But I hope that one day, I will still be able to make you smile. One day, when you can finally recall the times we had as a team, laughing and living life to the fullest.Oh my friends, my friends, don't ask meWhat your sacrifice was forEmpty chairs at empty tablesWhere my friends will meet no moreLesovikk, dear brother, there is one promise I can give. We will wait for you.(*Lyrics from Les Misérables)

(disclaimer: none of this banner art is original, I just smooshed it together in gimp. Torchic, Matau)
ThosePeskyFirespitters.png.3dbdb65e6a28cbbc5957d81c09a685b6.png
Those pesky firespitters... 
Library | The Sculptors and the Smelters | The Ternion Review Topic 

Member Name: fishers64Theme: The LegacyWord Count: 468Story: Legacy of EvilIt’s only fitting, don’t you see?A bright future that was not to be,A bitter, forgotten legacy,Only tattered masks at the bottom of the sea.A being created, strong to be,A Makuta, strong and honorable was he,Many changes to his life witnessed we,That gave him a tarnished legacy.Much hard work did he,Unrecognized by thee,Bitter became he,Choosing ill paths by thee.Neglect led to whiles primeval,This Makuta chose the paths of evil,Scheming against his unwelcome master,Causing all sorts of disaster.He took over Mata Nui and sent him away,Away to learn lessons in a bright new day,What he meant in his heart of wormwood,Valiant heroes turned around and used for good.The memories of him with forever be tinged with pain,But remember that even the most devious, the most inane,Play into true heroes’ gain.Remember our gain!* * *The two Ga-Matoran stood up, surveying the seaworthy craft that they had scavenged from Metru Nui. Loaded with supplies, it stood ready to carry the two on a voyage into unknown lands.Or rather, unknown waters.“You believe that the ocean is truly endless?” Kotu asked.Kai shook her head. “There’s something out there.”The two took off, Kotu at the oars. Solis Magna was dipping down over the horizon, bathing the sea in hazy orange light. Kai sat in the back, trying to depress her feelings of guilt at wandering off. Every hand was needed for the salvage effort of the giant robot that had brought them here. But her curiosity had overcome her guilt. There was Mata Nui and Voya Nui out there, she thought. There could be more. The sun dipped out of view, and the ship was surrounded by stars. Kai slumbered.Kotu woke her up, too soon, so she could take his place at the oars.She rowed. Rosebeams shot across the horizon, after what felt like an eternity of rowing in the dark. She looked behind her – the ground no longer visible, as water met sky. That’s when she noticed the object, floating in the rose-tinted water.A black mask.An infected Kanohi.Kai shivered. This is my reward for wandering away from work. “Kotu?”“What is it?” She looked over the side of the boat, only to see the dismal mask, floating in the grim water of blood.“A final legacy from the Dark Lord, it seems. He never seems to fail to leave his mark on the world.” The two Matoran looked to see Turaga Nokama ride up, Macku rowing.“You two can explore later.” chided the old Turaga, poking Kai with her trident. “We have a robot to salvage.”“Yes, Turaga.” chorused the two Matoran nervously, looking down at their find with trepidation. "Let's go home."

Member Name: Zarayna: The Quiet LightTheme: The LegacyWord Count: 600Story: Vitium meo natura.I have lived for so long, and my soul has seen so much. But when the fundamental questions flow against you, age fades away, and only your bare essence remains, your spirit to bend or stand firm, hold or break. So it was with me, a scientist and thinker, a warlord and a conqueror. A makuta. Old beyond my years, I was often called, even though I was of one of the wise races. So it would seem that I was strong enough in intellect. Yet when the question flowed, I felt as unprepared as a newly made matoran.Blood upon my hands, blood upon my soul. I was unwilling, yet willing in all my actions. Fear of my fellow makuta some might say. But it ran deeper. I was not weak, yet I was. For what was I? What was anyone?Questions, questions that needed answering. I pondered them, even as I experimented, even as I slaughtered. Sometimes it checked me before I could send an army or pour in a vial. I always asked myself 'what was I doing?' only to answer with that unaswerable question: what was I?That question surfaced in a flood when my race split. I knew the right, I knew where to go. I could see my body as it moved to the side, the side where I did not want to be, where I could not be. It taunted me as I watched the greatest of my race destroyed in combat by a schemer and supplanted. It beat me as I dragged my leader away, battered and broken; it thrust me through as I bound him with unbreaking chains.What was I? What could I do? My mind wished against what I did, until I wondered if I even had will. Was what I did me, was there a demon within me controlling? No, I concluded, I was controlling myself, but I acted against myself. Then again the question came: what was I?It shook its head at me even as I held the tablet out, talking of mercy for my own deeds. It smiled sadly when I found my mercy spurned, and it laughed its question as I fled from the power of light that burned me.What was I? Energy, some said, others, a spirit. Technical terms, and seeming well for a scientist. But also I am a thinker, and a thinker needs more.As I plotted the question urge me. I seemed to fight myself, obedience to evil against the desperate wish to right wrongs. Could this be me? But no, I concluded that actions were not me.The question raises its eyebrows as the pain fills me, as I slam into the filth, as I drag myself out. Am I a force of pain and horror? The question nagged, but I dismissed it. That was what was attacking me, but I wanted to know what I was.The question silently watched as I tried to warn my brothers of the danger that engulfed us all, and it again shook its head as the hand grasped me in death.I close my eyes, the question fading away as I do.What am I? I am Krika, this day I am sacrifice. This day I am vain sacrifice, but a sacrifice still.My legacy is known to few, but it is a legacy nonetheless. I have fought the fight… But have I lost? No. I have won, although the blood of I and those whom I knew paved my way. A monster not, but a soul chained by a monster.

Edited by Zarayna: The Quiet Light

Member Name: Panty AnarchyTheme: The LegacyWord Count: 598Story: On the Basis of Merit

On the Basis of Merit

“This must a mistake.”He looked down at his hands. Like the rest of his body, they were now much larger, stronger and sturdier. They were shaking. He turned to look at the others. Five other Toa stood around the large lightstone that had been the centerpiece of the village’s temple. “What are you saying, Ledevas? This is what we needed. Now we can finally protect this village! Even you can see that, can’t you?” It had been a Toa of Magnetism, Portakkli, who had spoken. “No. This isn’t right. This just isn’t right. What was he thinking?”Ledevas looked at the others. He wasn’t surprised at the fact that they were chosen Toa. Portakkli had been the Matoran in charge of guarding the village. Lirgo had been a skilled Ga-Matoran healer. The De-Matoran Beoriff had been the right-hand Matoran to their Turaga. Firiid had been the best Ko-Matoran astronomer in the land. Armedia had been an inventor, using her electrical expertise to achieve great advances. He believed they truly deserved to be here.But he did not. He was a Le-Matoran thief, an untrustworthy parasite on society. He was cowardly and selfish. He did not know how he could have been chosen.“I don’t deserve this. I can’t fight for the village. There is no way they would even want me to fight for them. Toa Criasis was stupid to have chosen me.”Ledevas then went through the unpleasant experience of being punched in the face by a newly-formed Toa of Lightning, her emotions transmitting as an electrical charge. Armedia pulled him close and spoke harshly.“Shut up. Don’t talk like that about Criasis. He gave up his Toa power so that we could fight in his stance. We are what is left of his power. We are his legacy. He may be dead or captured now, but he chose us all for a reason. Unity, Duty, and Destiny: Those are the principles we must live by. It was our Destiny to become Toa, all of us.” She let him go.“You say you’re not worthy of being a Toa? I agree. You’re a common thief. You don’t deserve to serve the Matoran. So make yourself worthy. Be grateful of this new chance. Give back to the village. Honor what Criasis did, do not resent it. It is your Duty, as it is ours, to complete Criasis’s mission. We must stop the Hunters before they run the village to the ground.”Firiid spoke up, “And even if you still don’t believe in yourself, we’ll be there. You don’t have to be so self-pitying. You can’t afford to. Even if there are differences amongst us, even if this isn’t the path we would have chosen for ourselves —and trust me, it isn’t— we must stand together. We owe it to Criasis. We owe it to the Matoran.”“They’re right,” added Beoriff. “It is the legacy of our race. Passed from Turaga to Toa, from Toa to Matoran, to us. Each generation tasks the next with protecting the land. It is our turn now. Even if we feel inadequate, it can’t be helped. We’re stuck with this duty.”“We have to ride it out together,” Lirgo concluded, extending her hand towards him. “Will you come?”“I…” Ledevas didn’t know what to say. He knew they were right. He had been selfish, as he had always been, by decrying his new duty. He couldn’t live with himself if he didn’t go with them. He could never face Criasis ever again if he did.“I will.”edit: Small edit done with permission. Thanks again to Velox.

Edited by Panty Anarchy

AXKP5KC.png

I decided to do a human-Bionicle story this time, and *gasp* the word count is on the 400s :o! I actually had to do some editing to get that exact number...add a little here, cut a little there. I'm moderately satisfied with my work...Member name: Space: Ocean of AweTheme: The LegacyWord count: 437Story: Tahu“...To Leah Fern, I leave my antique furniture collection, preserved perfectly from the day it was made, to do whatever she wishes with it...to Jason Fern I leave my estate, and every unclaimed item that lies within it...for Alexandre Fern I leave...Tahu...” The attorney continues, but my mind lingers on that two syllable name.Tahu...“Kids, we’re visiting Grandma today, make sure you’re ready!” My mom would tell us.“Yeah.” My brother would reply, preoccupied with his games.“I’m ready whenever,” my sister would say, reading one of her old books.“I get to see Tahu again!” I would exclaim, rushing to get ready, putting my shoes on the wrong feet in my hurry. On the long drive down, I always had trouble sitting still. Sometimes I would try to imagine which amazing story Grandma would tell me that day as I sat at her feet, playing with the red Toa.I would always be the first to the door, ringing the bell incessently, peeking through the window as she opened the door. I would always head straight to the family room, where he stood alone above the fireplace, his exuberant colour scheme setting the mantle aflame.Tahu...I would turn the gears on his back, making him attack imaginary villains, parry invisible blows, as she would begin another story about how Tahu and his team of Toa saved the day. Sometimes I would retrieve other Bionicle figures from the drawer, making them act out Grandma’s story; sometimes I would take them apart, using the pieces to create new characters for Grandma’s stories, using Gali’s mask for an astronaut, fashioning cookie minions out of the Pahrak torso, salvaging parts from Jaller, Axonn, Matoro, but never the radiant Toa of Fire.Tahu...His Kanohi Hau shielded me from horrors of the world, from the sadness of losing my father. His fire warmed my heart. He was the symbol of my childhood, of who I am. As he grew in character, so did I. I learned of honor, courage, trust, and loyalty through the adventures of Tahu. I learned of the danger of rash decisions, to always keep my cool, to think before I act, something the Toa could never quite accomplish.Tahu...It makes perfect sense for me to have the Toa of Fire; he was and forevermore is a symbol of my grandmother’s love. Though she is gone, her legacy lives within this Toa, just as mine will, years from now. My brother may have gotten a house, my sister may have gotten furniture worth thousands of dollars, but she gave me him.Tahu.

"Baby, in the final analyses, love is power. That's where the power's at."

Tumblr

Twitter

Wattpad

Member Name: MaganarTheme: The LegacyWord Count: 599Story: The Future of the SkrallAmangra and Kurdus looked out over Spherus Magna’s landscape. All around was a world where life thrived… but the Skrall were on the cusp of collapse. They’d chosen the wrong side in the final battle that had revived this world. As the only two Skrall elites in their unit, it would be up to them to decide what to do next.“If only we knew what had happened to our other units…” Amangra whispered.“Scattered. Fled. Without Tuma, we were just holding together until the next defeat… and now that we have faced defeat without a leader, there is no one left regroup everyone. I guess that’s where we come in.” Kurdus was grinning and ambition was flaring in his eyes. This worried Amangra.“What are you suggesting, Kurdus?”“It’s time for us to continue the legacy! We were given names for a reason, Amangra! We were the best, the ones to be looked up to. It up to us to rebuild the Skrall Empire in all its former glory!”“Actually, I had other plans.”“Oh, really?”“Maybe we’ve had the wrong approach. We Skrall have always been the best and strongest fighters, only facing minor setbacks such as that which we are faced with now. But maybe we can use our skills for a different cause. All empires are doomed to eventually fall, Kurdus. They are based on fear and malice, and maybe that just isn’t right.”“Are you crazy? The words you’re uttering are traitorous. You disgrace Tuma himself!”“And what of Tuma? Defeated by this Mata Nui – this wonder-working being that united the wayward tribes of Bara Magna! Look what they could accomplish when they worked for one another out of trust rather than fear! It’s time for the Skrall people to either evolve and adopt their ways… or perish and disappear into the annals of history.”Amangra heard a scraping sound as Kurdus drew his weapon.“So that’s how it will be, then?”“Yes, Amangra. This is. I will kill you before you misguide our people in this way.”And so, Amangra and Kurdus settled their disagreement in the only way Skrall know: with a tribal spear in one hand and a bladed shield in the other. Kurdus struck first, bringing his spear down heavily where Amangra stood. Amangra sidestepped it and then took advantage of the situation, planting his foot on the tip of the spear to prevent Kurdus from lifting it back up. As Kurdus tried in vain to raise his spear for another attack, Amangra lined up a shot and launched a Thornax fruit into Kurdus’ face. Kurdus screamed in pain, but he wasn’t prepared to fall.Kurdus reared back and threw his bladed shield through the air. Unprepared for unusual retaliation, Amangra took the blow and stumbled backward, giving Kurdus an opportunity to free his spear. Amangra attempted to attack, but Kurdus disarmed him with a parry that threw Amangra’s spear out of his hand. Amangra fell back, expecting death.Kurdus towered over Amangra… and then a knife was planted in Kurdus' neck.As Kurdus gasped his last, Amangra looked to his savior, a less experienced Skrall warrior. The other spoke.“I think you’re right. We have to change. I had to save you, Amangra.”“No, not Amangra,” said the veteran. “That was my name during the legacy that must now become forgotten. From now on, call me… The Nameless. You, however have earned a name and I am now in charge. I christen you: Kurd-bane.”Kurd-bane and The Nameless were ready… ready to shift the paradigm of their entire race.

Edited by Maganar

odyssey1_bannernew.jpg

Review Topic

I AM OFFICIALLY BACK! :D After 18 months on hiatus, I have returned, but I have spent that time well. If you want to see how it was spent, click on the banner to start reading the result or click on the linky-link below to get further information off of the review topic.

Name: DespairTheme: LegacyWord Count: 481Story: HeartVakama watched as the once-beautiful city of Metru Nui vanished in the mist. He, along with the rest of the Toa Metru, had fulfilled their duty of protecting the Matoran, but he couldn’t help but regret that it was necessary to leave his home behind. Sure, there was a new island up above, but it just wouldn’t be the same. There would be no Turaga Dume to gently lead the Matoran, no Coliseum to gather at for sporting events, and no Toa Lhikan to protect the citizens from danger.It felt like only a short while ago that Vakama had watched the Toa and eventually Turaga that he had admired so much taking his last breath and passing away. At the time, Vakama had been distraught at the death of Lhikan, and he had tried his best to ignore those emotions and act as a leader should.Naturally, that had only led to more misfortune. However, that was in the past and a tale for another time. What mattered was that now, on one of the many airships, he finally had the chance to sit down and think properly.With Lhikan’s death and Turaga Dume’s decision to remain in Metru Nui, the Matoran would inevitable end up looking towards Vakama and his teammates for guidance and protection from the forces of Makuta.It just doesn’t feel right. Only a short while ago we were Matoran ourselves, and now we are expected to protect them.If put into this kind of situation a few weeks prior, Vakama would have likely wished that he was a Matoran again. Now, he felt a degree of acceptance towards what lay ahead. It was their duty, tasked to them by the Great Spirit. It had been the job of other before and it would the duty of yet more in the future, but for now it was their task. Their job. Their duty.

Six Turaga stood before the recently-awakened Matoran, their smiles outshined only by the expressions of childlike wonderment that covered the faces of the Matoran. It was a new world to them, and also the only world. They had no memories of the past, but that was alright. After all, they had six Turaga there to guide them through whatever hardships they might face.“This is the island of Mata Nui, named in honor of the Great Spirit,” Vakama declared to the Matoran. A few of the Matoran mouthed the words “Mata Nui”, as if the words themselves were a blessing of peace. Looking at the Matoran, Vakama felt a surge of pride for what had been accomplished, and a quiet determination to continue the work that he had begun.Thank you, Lhikan, for trusting us with upholding your legacy. We will keep the heart of Metru Nui safe, even if it is removed from its home; that I promise you.

Lacertus

This whole story came from the idea that after everything that the Toa have done, Mata Nui's awake, and it's all over, and they don't even get the society they worked so hard for since it can no longer be maintained by the Robot. I hope you enjoy more than I did, and I kind of wish that Bionicle had ended something like the last paragraph, because it sounds pretty epic, very fitting of such a great theme.Member Name: ClickTheme: The LegacyWord Count: 517Story: The Forgotten LegacyAt the beginning of time, Toa were created as the guardians of the Matoran. With new powers to conquer their foes and the powerful Toa Code to guide them, they faced the darkness and came back to the light victorious. Eventually, a new darkness rose up against their might, the Brotherhood of Makuta, now led by the fierce Lieutenant Teridax, set on destroying all the Matoran hold dear and exchanging it for enslavement. New Toa would rise against this new threat, bringing with them power that no other being had known before, meeting every move of the Makuta with a swift counterstrike, their efforts seemingly in vain at the end as evil triumphs.Now, all of that is void. The cities they had fought to protect lie in ruins, the Matoran they had sworn to defend gone. With their destiny fulfilled, the Toa stand among the cold ashes of a once great civilization, now being left to fall apart in the darkness to new life.The great City Of Legends now boasts its shattered glory to frost and vacuum, the fear of Karzahni now left behind like a nightmare you woke up from, and the magnificent myth of Artakha has died out. The Great Spirit has awoken, been betrayed, and now has finished the last remains of evil in this universe, letting the inhabitants fight their own battles in a new planet.Kopeke looks back on the last of the great migration outside of his previous home. His eyes have seen and his hands recorded every new discovery for the future Matoran. Now, the endless exodus of Biomechanical beings nears a hatch by the side of one of the Southern islands, and as they pass from a dying universe into the sunlight, new creatures greet them called “Agori” and “Glatorian,” all of this hastily written down on the Chronicler’s tablet.In awe, the small Ko-Matoran looks up at what he had just exited: a giant robotic foot connected to the body that at one time housed the Great Spirit, and at another, the evil Makuta. It seemed impossible that something so huge could exist, let alone stand and fly. With a quick sketch on his tablet, Kopeke continues onwards through the welcoming crowd up to the seemingly insignificant mask that now is the home of Mata Nui, and paid his respects with the rest of the Matoran. Another lost legacy of the hundreds of beings who fought and died to obtain it, and those who are now cursed with the powers of life and death. Their trophy now lies in the dust of Bara Magna, its destiny fulfilled, now won by the Great Spirit and his chosen people.Millennia of history have gone to waste, myriads of heroic needs now are meaningless, but that is history. One accepted idea believed by thousands as worthy to protect suddenly becomes old fashioned as another rises in its place. The universe has changed, and now begins the true challenge of the great integration, which will eventually be overshadowed by yet another event, but that is the way of the Bionicle…