• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes
  • Participate in raffles to win LEGO prizes
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

Soran

Soran Comics

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Matoran Oneker

Matoran Oneker
  • Members
  • Makuta Conquered!

• 26-June 10
  • 568 posts
  •  

Posted May 26 2012 - 05:18 AM

I did this for my friend Soran. ^_^Posted ImageHere is the Coloured version, it is sorta six shade Colours. I'm not good at Gimp Colour effects. :unsure:Posted ImageThis is the original sketch. I sometimes suck at drawing because I mess up sometimes.You can see some of the pencil lines rubbed out. It was difficult trying to draw the Avohkii after all it was the first time I have drawn and Avohkii. :rolleyes:I hope you all like it and I hope I'll be able to improve next time. :)

Please Post!

Edited by Feline Oneker, May 26 2012 - 05:29 AM.

#2 Offline Kakaru

Kakaru
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Retired Staff
  • Senior Fish

• 06-January 07
  • 1,766 posts
  •   Retired Staff

Posted May 26 2012 - 09:33 AM

Haha, bro, messing up doesn't mean you suck at drawing at all. Even professionals make massive blunders from time to time. It's just part of the process. ;)Anyways, this is very nice! I could tell instantly who it was supposed to be and the Avohkii looks great. I'm surprised to hear this was your first attempt at drawing the mask. I love the sense of depth you've managed to convey, particularly in the arms and torso.The colours aren't bad either. I had to look at it a couple times before I realized what type of fill you used (it almost looks hand-shaded). I'm trying to think of recommendations here, but you did excellent for the style you were attempting. The minimal detail, colours, and clean lines work well in a simple chibi style. Overall, well done! I'm sure Soran will appreciate this. :)

Posted Image
「どこに行けばいいんだ・・・」「タ・コロ村はもうおしまいだ・・・」タ・コロ村の村人達
hey it's Studio Comic

#3 Offline Soran

Soran
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Submerged!

• 29-December 10
  • 1,126 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted May 26 2012 - 02:24 PM

I do indeed appreciate this. :PSuch a manly pose, I look awesome. I really life the style of it all, it looks great! The body looks well drawn, and looks like it really would work. I like the over all balance in color, it looks good. For a first time drawing an avohkii, that is really impressive. Even I have problems drawing avohkii's from time to time and I draw them all the time. Its hard to describe this drawing without using the word good, great, amazing, awesome, or phenomenal.Nice job on the drawing, I love it!~Soran

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#4 Offline Matoran Oneker

Matoran Oneker
  • Members
  • Makuta Conquered!

• 26-June 10
  • 568 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 07 2013 - 05:56 PM

Might as well have this topic closed since there hasn't been any more posts.

#5 Offline Than the Moa

Than the Moa
  • Retired Staff
  • Senior Q&A Guru

• 06-December 02
  • 9,059 posts
  •   Retired Staff

Posted Jan 07 2013 - 06:45 PM

Might as well have this topic closed since there hasn't been any more posts.

I suppose that's what will happen now that you revived it.  We generally don't have the time to go through and close every topic once it hits a certain date, we simply ask that member's don't post in them if they're more than 30 days old.

Topic closed due to revival.

Yo.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users