Bzprpg: Legend Of The Primes

Axilus Prime

Well, here is is! The epic concerning the backstory of the Pyros/Primes. It will retcon quite a bit of information that wasn't well thought out, but will present the story in a fully chronological and sensible manner. It should clear things up for all of you RPers who brought the Aukati and Phantoms to where they are today. So, without further mind-numbing speeches and explanations...Oh, and here's the review topic. Be sure to post your thoughts!Chapter One: KeretaoThe Matoran Universe was a vast, mysterious place. The Great Beings hold secrets to this day. From Metru Nui to the Southern Islands...nowhere is fully discovered. The Southern Islands were thought to be worthless, inhabited by only the strangest, most alien creatures. Perhaps that was true. But the alien creatures were not so different from the common folk. Their worst attribute, if you must criticize...was a nasty penchant for devastating mass warfare.How did this come to pass? The Great Beings made the Great Spirit Robot, the Matoran Universe, and all that was in it. All its people. In their quest to create new and better things...a being and an idea were born. To create better, stronger Matoran. They knew from their experience on Bara Magna that flesh had its advantages...and its downfalls. They would not create pure robots, no. But it would be quite close...holding only the flesh necessary for life.First, Protodermis would be needed...but that was not all. Energon, the lifeblood of this race, was created. A form of energy that could sustain such a tipped balance of Matoran and machine, converted from the common energy upon entry into the body. It held no advantage, in truth. It was simply more fitted to their body types, allowing them to function only as the common beings did.Many entities aside from the Great Spirit that held power were created. Tren Krom, the Makuta, even things that should never be spoken of. The relevant being to this story was Primus. A truly massive being, holding greater power than any Toa. He was created to be the lord of this race, and yet...he was left alone. Like so many creations of the Great Beings, he was left alone. They did, however, as a failsafe, purge him of any darkness that could ever be in his heart. He could do no wrong, commit no crime. Even darkness, however, must go somewhere.Primus had nothing. Great power, incredible size, and yet nothing. To finish the little experiment of the Great Beings, he did something no one of the time could dream of. He transformedHe sank into the Sea of Protodermis, accepting that he could not live as both god and man. He shifted his entire body into the shape of an island...Keretao, an ancient word for robot. That was nearly what his inhabitants would be.Just as the Great Beings had made it, Keretao had the right conditions for this new life to spring up.They were the same as the rest, yet different. Toa, Matoran, Skakdi, Vortixx, and even Turaga came of this. How, then, were these beings same yet different? They, unlike others, were not 85 percent mechanical and 15 percent organic. Rather, they were 95 percent mechanical and 5 percent organic. That is the difference. The similarity was quite like that of the beings inhabiting a distant world...Earth. Are they not Russian, English, Asian, African, and yet still human? And so they were Toa, Matoran, Skakdi, Vortixx, and Turaga...but Cybertronian.They knew of their creator, Primus, and worshipped him rightly. All was well. Primus cared for them more than the Great Beings ever did, and the place was perfect.Only a darkness the size of their "god" Primus could end this happiness. A darkness, that sadly, was all too real. Even darkness...must go somewhere.

Edited by TNG Prime

Pk57sNJ.jpg

Chapter Two: The DynastyThe life that sprung up was not instant. It was deliberate, under the right conditions, yet willed from top to bottom. Seven Primes, or Pyros, as they were then called, were the first of Primus's creations. Primus gave them an artifact, the AllSpark, to create the first of the race as they saw fit. They were the first rulers of the Cybertronians, all of them Toa of Fire.Pyras, the leader. He held the Matrix of Leadership, the first one to own it.Nominus Pyro, the protector.Solus Pyro, the builder.Vector Pyro, the timekeeper.Alchemist Pyro, the civilizer.Nexus Pyro, the unifier.Zeltronus Pyro, the warrior.Primus's seven rulers released the full power of the Allspark in unison, gaining their sentience and qualities fully. Life formed from lifeless Protodermis, a miracle. Energon filled these creations, and all was well. Thus started the prosperous rule of the Dynasty and the rightful worship of Primus.---Pyras used his Kualsi to travel through space and time, the method of travel common to the Pyros. He appeared at the Dynasty Council and switched his mask back to a Hau. "Fellow Pyros...In the name of Primus, I declare the Seventeenth Convocation of the Pyros open. I bring forth the issue of roadwork. Alchemist, this is your area of expertise. Solus, you know the way to integrate this into our architecture."Alchemist was next to speak. "It is a matter of civilization. The people need more transport, and more ways to move it. I suggest that we cease the use of Drillers."Solus seconded the motion. "Yes. Those things always tear down the buildings when they park.""All in favor?" Pyras, Solus, Alchemist, Vector, Nominus, and Nexus put their hands up. "Motion carried." the leader of the Pyros declared. Alchemist smiled. "It will be implemented immediately after this meeting."Vector nodded. "Another great chapter to add to our history. Only seventeen months, and all this has been accomplished.""Indeed," Nexus put in. "Hail Primus!""And why?"The other Pyros stared at the dissenting, glowering Zeltronus Pyro. Pyras addressed him."He is our creator, Zeltronus! All that we have, our people, our power, we owe to him!""We designed our people, Pyras! According to our inspiration, not the design he gave us!" Zeltronus stood and clenched his fist. "Here we stand, kissing the rear of a being who does nothing for us!""Here we stand, on his very flesh" Nominus put in. "That much, we owe him. The power we had to create those we designed, we owe him."Zeltronus smashed the wall, looking down on the Cybertronian people. "Not enough power. They're so weak."Pyras was infuriated. "That's quite enough, Zeltronus Pyro! We were given power because we were to use it for their good! We are to be grateful for our power, not self-righteous in it!" "According to who, Pyras?!" Zeltronus approached the Pyro leader. "According to PRIMUS?!" He spat. "This council is inefficient! Improvements only once a month! Inability to make the people stronger!""For what purpose?" Vector was growing inquisitive. "Why are you so obsessed with strength? What have you been up to?""What business of yours is that?" Zeltronus sneered. "We are all different."Vector Pyro, at this moment, did something no one expected. He laughed. "I am the timekeeper. It is my duty to know all that goes on. Are you simply sore about your troops being defeated by the Quintessons and Takeacons on the neighboring islands?""Troops?" Pyras was astounded. "What have you been doing, Zeltronus?"Solus brought out her Forge, a massive hammer to build and smash. "I believe he has explaining to do."Zeltronus pulled out his spear. "THERE WILL BE NO EXPLAINING!" He jumped out the hole he had created and used his Matatu to manipulate himself into flight, and his fire powers for speed. "YOU ALL HOLD ME BACK!"Pyras considered firing on Zeltronus. "He will be back, or he will leave us. Either way...all shall be well."---All was not well, for the darkness purged from Primus was slowly corrupting Zeltronus. It had taken root in a neighboring island the size of Keretao. It also happened to be where he landed.Zeltronus approached his Seekers, those who he had outfitted with Kadins to do his bidding on land and in the air. "I have been discovered. Our war of...righteousness...has been opposed."

Pk57sNJ.jpg

Chapter 3: Rising and FallingThe island of doom. It was not originally the title of Voya Nui. No, before Voya Nui was discovered, that name belonged to a different island. All who journeyed there were destroyed...but no one could imagine how. This island had no neighbors other than Keretao, though Keretao had many neighbors...on the opposite side from this island. And yet, Zeltronus Pyro and his Seeker army stood there more safely than ever.Zeltronus pulled out his staff. Toa, Skakdi, and Vortixx awaited his words. "We have been discovered by Vector Pyro, and betrayed by the Dynasty! They do not wish us to take what is rightfully ours! Know that what I do...they have forced me to. It is their burden, and theirs alone. For us..however..itis victory! Seekers, my noble men, today, we go into a true war! Know that the past has been only claiming our rights by birth...but today, we fight a true enemy!"The Seekers cheered him. "Futhermore," Zeltronus added, "we shall be known by a new name! We are...the Deceptoa! For if to the Dynasty speaking the truth is deception, then we are GLADLY GUILTY! HAIL!" He raised his spear to the heavens.The Seekers cheered on, only one thinking the name was strange, though he cheered as well. The mad Pyro slammed his spear into the ground. "DISPERSE! FIRST WE STRIKE AT KAON! IT SHALL BE OUR GREAT CAPITAL!" Red energy glowed from Zeltronus' body. "I HEREBY APPOINT OUR BEST, OUR MOST GLORIOUS...JETIAN! HE SHALL BE YOUR GENERAL! AND I...SHALL BE YOUR KING!"They cheered, immediately donning their Transport Kualsi masks and putting their original masks on their backs, to get to Kaon quickly. For that place was never meant to be the heart of evil. It would be taken.Zeltronus approached Jetian. "Execute the residents of Kaon. Show no mercy. We must make a statement!"Jetian was uneasy. "Would it not be more practical to put them to work?""Perhaps..." Zeltronus replied. "They shall mine the island we stand on for Energon. I sense a great power is here...it gives us focus...makes us stronger!" "SIR!" Jetian teleported to Kaon. Zeltronus laughed. Soon the city would burn.---Pyras took his seat. "I have called an Emergency Pyro Convocation. We must take action."Solus sighed. "Kaon has been shattered.""Our civilization is slowly dividing. We must prevent a civil war from breaking out." Alchemist had worked so hard...and for what?Nominus drew his sword in a great statement. "I shall take up Zeltronus's post, as mine is similar.""Do not lose yourself." Pyras put in. "You are one of defense...Zeltronus is one of attack." Nexus was next to speak. "I put forth a motion. We must warn all Cybertronians." Pyras sighed. "Warn, not command. A war will destroy us all--"A second hole in the Convocation Chamber blew open. Zeltronus Pyro had arrived, followed by a Vortixx. "Do you know what the citizens of Kaon have been forced to mine for me?"Pyras pulled out the Sword of the Pyros. "You are no longer welcome here!"Zeltronus pulled out a vial. "Funny...I was going to say the same." He hurled it, smashing it across Vector Pyro's face, poisioning him. "You have not developed an immunity as I have...therefore...feel the wrath of Dark Energon!"Solus watched in horror as Vector died. "What is this abomination you have taken from the Island of Doom?"Zeltronus laughed. "It is only doom to you...this is the fruit of Kaon's conquering!"Fallen's five Vortixx troops charged at Nexus Pyro, stabbing him repeatedly with poisoned knives until he too, fell. Alchemist pulled out his mace and swung at the Vortixx. "You-" One fell, killed by his cracked skull fragments stabbing into his brain. "SHALL-" He forced one Vortixx to shoot himself in the face with a rifle. "NOT-" He hurled the Convocation Table at another Vortixx with his Pakari, crushing him with the immense weight. "PASS!" He drove his mace through one more Vortixx's ribs, but then was stabbed in the back straight to the heart by the last Vortixx.Solus drew her warhammer and swung at Zeltronus. "You mad beast! How dare you!"Zeltronus caught the hammer. "Dark Energon has made me strong...now feel its wrath!" He smashed another vial on Solus's face, and all the Pyros were dead with that. All but one.Pyras kicked Zeltronus out of the hole he had created, and jumped out after him. They landed on a nearby roof. "You do not deserve to be a Pyro!"Zeltronus laughed. "Thundercracker! Destroy him!" The Vortixx jumped out on Pyras, causing him to fall over. Zeltronus thrust his spear at Pyras and impaled his shoulder. "Give up now, brother, and you shall see your Pyros again! The Dark Energon has made me more powerful than you can imagine!"Pyras shot a fire blast at Zeltronus, who dodged. The blast hit an Energized Protodermis tank, causing a leak. "You do not deserve to be a Pyro!"A crowd below watched the fight. Even small children saw it. A young Skakdi, a young Ta-Matoran, and a young Toa of Fire, three years old by human standards, saw."What's this?" The innocent Matoran, Orion Pax, watched in horror.Senturon was the one to answer. "Zeltronus went poopy!" "No way! I'm his namesake!" The young Zeltroth shuddered, and the Vortixx hurled a stone at the crowd, knocking them out. The children would survive, but never remember this again, waking with amnesia.Pyras grabbed the Vortixx by the neck. "You dare attack the descendants of the Pyros?!" Pyras knew what was to happen. He hurled the Vortixx at Fallen, and they both fell into Energized Protodermis. Pyras turned to the crowd. "I...must go. You must lead yourselves now. Do not tell Orion Pax and Senturon that they are my sons...they must be protected! The Seekers still live! They will--" A Vortixx with a strange anatomy pounced on Pyras, slamming him through a building. "Fool...the Protodermis has only made me rise!"Pyras punched him in the face. "No, Zeltronus. You are only The Fallen! And that is how history will remember you!"Fallen thrust his spear through Pyras's other shoulder. "The winners write the books, you fool!""Precisely." Pyras did what no Toa of Fire had ever done. He performed a Nova Blast, yet he manipulated it. "RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! YOU WILL PAY FOR YOUR CRIMES!" He blasted the Fallen through the Hall of Canisters, forcing him into one and sealing it with heat. "BE IMPRISONED FOR ETERNITY!"Fallen tried to pry it open, and would have succeeded, but Pyras gave up his power as a Pyro to seal Fallen within for a thousand years. It would have been longer, but he had to leave something for his younger son. The innocent, humble one. He left a part of his Pyro power within Vector Sigma, in the Timekeeper's Hall. "Send me..away...I must..." Pyras fell. ---It has been 500 years. Fallen was shipped off to the Island of Doom. Kaon was restored, and the Dark Energon Fallen had brought with him buried beneath it. Pyras was sent out at random, as he had wished. His canister would float for eons before he would be reawakened, and even then, though still a Toa, he would not be a Pyro. The only trace he brought with him was the Matrix of Leadership. Orion Pax and Senturon were adopted, living as brothers, but with no knowledge of their father. Soon, those who knew of what had transpired died, and Jetian went into hiding, disbanding the Seekers. But it was not over.Fallen has failed me. He is useless. I must rise. It is the only way. Peace is an illusion. There can only be Chaos...and I must bring it.

Pk57sNJ.jpg

Chapter 4: The Three BrothersThe three brothers. Senturon, Zeltroth, and Orion Pax. In the waning days of childhood, before they would graduate from their basic function schooling, they were playing as friends and brothers. It was rather like late elementary...and Iacon Programming Center's outskirts were their playground."Come on, Orion! Run faster than that!" Zeltroth tackled his best friend to the ground. "That's not gonna be winning you any games!"Orion laughed, something that in his later days would scarcely escape his mouth. "Maybe not. It's still fun though!"Senturon stopped them. "It's not whether you win or lose. It's how you play the game."Orion looked up. Senturon, his brother. A shining sentinel of what was right, and his role model. "I like the game!"Zeltroth laughed. "Well, it is pretty fun. I have a new idea..."---Days later, the trio stood at their graduation, ready to be sent to the next level of programming.Orion smiled, another occurrence that would one day become the rarest of sights. "Wow...this has to be the proudest day of my life." The shy young Matoran looked small with his Toa and Skakdi brothers, but he was happy nonetheless.Senturon gave a salute. "This is awesome!"Their instructor flashed him a look. "Everyone must stand in an orderly fashion!" he hissed under his breath.Senturon snapped back into position. "Argh. What's the point? No one can express themselves."Zeltroth growled. "I'm glad we're leaving his class...""That's lame..." Orion, however, stayed calm like Senturon, since he was the most awesome person ever.The picture was taken, and the class dispersed.---Mid-level programming. Still together, the brothers quickly took seats in the middle of the classroom. New students were there.Orion looked at a quiet student, a strange one. "Who's that? He's weird...creepy."Senturon sighed. "Orion, don't be quick to judge. That's Soundwave. Besides, he's not the only one. Look at Orgath over there, his younger brother. Some people are just like that. Others are loud."Zeltroth smirked. "Like Brawl over there. He is one crazy Toa."Their teacher walked back into the room. "Now, welcome to Astronomy. Who here knows the properties of the Red Star?"Kahua put up his hand, hoping to con some extra credit off of the teacher. "It's filled with beings known as Kestora, whose function is unknown. Vector Pyro's ancient expedition provided this information..."But Orion's mind was elsewhere. Out the window, he saw a student being beaten up by Bonecrusher. A bully. Nothing more. He ignored it and tried to focus on his class. But something was wrong...Shohu, on the other hand, smirked. "That's a load of Dark Energon." For Dark Energon had not been seen for years, and faded into myth and legend. Even the three brothers could not remember nor comprehend it at the time it had surfaced. In the meantime, Zeltroth left.Senturon put his hand up. "Shohu, you never know. If you are so sure, you could try to go there yourself. Never doubt the fantastic when there is no proof. This universe is very mysterious."Orion watched his brother in admiration. One day, he would be as strong and smart as he was.Zeltroth pulled Bonecrusher back into the class from his antics. "Professor, I found this student assaulting another student earlier." He tossed him at the teacher's feet and walked back to his seat.---High-grade programming was a time of change for Orion. It was the school level that he learned the most in, but not in academics.Senturon read the newspaper in the back of the class. Evidently there was something wrong. "This isn't right. The government is hiding something."Orion looked at the article. "Tremors undersea?"Zeltroth nodded. "Normally they would be quakes and sunken reactors still blowing steam...except these were right near the Island of Doom."Orion shuddered. "Dark Energon?"Senturon shook his head. "They're refusing to release any photo or video of the island.""Maybe we should investigate..." Orion wondered. Maybe that was how he could be proactive and 'cool', like Senturon.Zeltroth laughed. "Maybe. We're still in our instruction."Orion shook his head. "In its waning days."Professor Wreck-Gar pounded the table. "Mr. Pax, this is Chemistry, not Cybertronian Government or Cybertronian Mythology. Pay attention, all of you! Now, when you infuse Energon with a mixture of blood bile and molten palladium...."---After class, the next day, Bonecrusher was at it again. Zeltroth and Senturon were out shipbuilding, and Orion had promised to catch up after his homework. Bonecrusher was relentlessly pounding Ratchet. "You do not disrespect me! I hate it! And now, I hate YOU!" He punched the peaceful student in the face.Orion knew what Senturon or Zeltroth would have done. But he couldn't do it. He couldn't. But maybe he had to...maybe..He walked away. There was nothing he could do. Ratchet cried out in pain. Orion bumped into a wall while in deep thought. There he saw a poster of Pyras, the absolute personification of sacrifice, courage, and leadership. Something was familar...He turned around and picked up a metal pipe that had been littered. He had no focus other than Bonecrusher. Something had to be done about that crazy bully. He swung at Bonecrusher's head from behind..."RAAAAH!" Bonecrusher backed away, dazed. Ratchet fell to the ground.Orion stared at the bruised Toa of Gravity. He flew into a righteous rage, one swing after another, unrelenting--A punch to the gut and then to the face. Bonecrusher had defeated the little Matoran who had challenged him, but not without a price. Soon, the physical training instructor, Kup, brought him away for detention...and Orion walked home to find that Senturon and Zeltroth were unable to get their investigation off the ground--quite literally, as the boat was dysfunctional. The project was abandoned.Bullies like Bonecrusher need to be stopped. Freedom must be preserved...and all he wants is to take it and hurt people.---It was now the Iacon Advance Programming Institute's graduation ceremony, and Senturon was giving the Salutatorian's Address. Orion, to his surprise, had won the Valedictorian award and would speak soon after.Senturon had been at the podium and microphone. "I would like to thank my lifelong brothers and friends, Zeltroth and Orion Pax, for standing by me in my quest for freedom and knowledge. It's not about me. I am not saying that I am the best, or the brightest, or even the strongest. I am not saying that my upcoming career is the result of my great work in this Institute. It's not about me. It's not about you either. It's not even about us. It's about legacy. What we leave behind for future generations! When I take up my career in the following days...I will work hard for a better today! And when I leave...I will have worked for a better future! For freedom is the right of all sentient beings!"After the crowd had cheered, and the teachers welcomed Orion onto the stage, the Valedictorian's Address began.Orion reluctantly took the microphone, smiling. "I have learned so much these past solar cycles...and not only in class. I will soon be moving on to my career as a Data Clerk."The crowd was stony-faced and bored, but his friends, Senturon, Zeltroth, Ratchet, Dervian, Roadbuster, Topspin, Leadfoot, Kahua, Shohu, and even the gym instructor, Kup, could see the emotion behind his speech."I will follow in the task once managed by one alone, Timekeeping. I will provide a record. My goal is to give transparency and clarity to all that is hidden."The teachers mumbled with each other, and that got the attention of the crowd."A few solar cycles back, I, along with my brothers, found suspicion in the government's covering up of the recent tremors near the Island of Doom. A mystery that plagues us to this day...and I am sure plagues our leaders far less than it does us."His speech went on until he was stopped, his seemingly radical words less restrained than Senturon's earlier speech. They graduated and moved on in life. Zeltroth joined the militia, Senturon got a career in government, and Orion had become a data clerk. None of them would meet again for fifty years.Elsewhere, the stirrings continued. The ocean in some places gained a purple tint. Things would only grow more and more strange.

Edited by TNG Prime

Pk57sNJ.jpg

Chapter 5: CrisisIt has been fifty years. Zeltroth is now the First Lieutenant to the militia's leader, Omega Supreme. Senturon is Vice Trion to the head of Cybertronian government, Alpha Trion. Orion, however, is a lowly data clerk, trying to do his part in the world. The tremors only grow more dangerous. All boat travel has been cut off due to the purple infestation, leading to aerial developments being tested by Commander Slicax. ---Alpha Trion rushed to the Transmission Suva, a device that allowed him to send messages to anyone on Keretao. "All of the Trion Cabinet." The Suva immediately deployed holograms of the heads of many, Senturon included. "Merge transmission for all options." The holograms disappeared, and a microphone rose from the center of the machine. "Emergency meeting. Bring security." And with that, he ended the transmission. Senturon hacked away at the vines as they tried to strangle him. "Commander Slicax!" He set the vines on fire except for the one holding Slicax. That one was cut. "Thank you, sir!" Slicax tore off the vine. "What was that?""The plant was infested with Dark Energon. We should not have come here without more militia backup."Slicax laughed. "I'll be more than sufficient! Someone has to watch your back, and I say I do a pretty Karzing good job of it!""I told you never to mention that expedition again. Karzahni was a monster.""That's why I used it as a swear word!" Senturon received Alpha Trion's message. "Argh. Our leader still tries to maintain secrecy, Slicax. Someone must tell the public of the Island of Doom's movements!"Slicax raised an eyebrow. "Movements?""Indeed they are, Slicax. The island has been actively polluting other lands with Dark Energon. It's been moving closer to Keretao, shifting. That is the cause of the tremors." Senturon plodded onward. "We must find the source."Slicax shook his head. "Why would you call this Dark Energon anyway? What connection does it have to Energon?"Senturon paused. "It is suggested by both study and legend that Dark Energon is the negative side of Energon. As intake of Energon in any form is good and has no side effects, Dark Energon is the impurity that is removed. It is a common impurity, and it must be kept out. Legends say that Primus purged his own temptations to maintain perfect goodness, and that manifested as a massive supply of Dark Energon.""And it ended up here? I think we should leave, then. This island is the antithesis to Keretao!""That is precisely why we must strike its core!" Senturon burned a path for them. Slicax looked up and saw something flying toward Keretao. "That thing, judging by its flight path, seems to have come from...this island's center.""Then we must follow it immediately! Slicax, you must bring me to Keretao!" Senturon sheathed his sword.Slicax picked Senturon up. "As you wish...let's move, then!" He flew after the much faster object, wondering what it could be.---"Soundwave detecting Toa-sized object entering Keretao's aerial field without authorization."Zeltroth looked at the screen. "That's not possible. Alert Omega Supreme!"Barricade ran off. "I'll do it, sir!" He presented his clearance Hau, a scaled-down model of the real mask, gaining passage to Omega's chambers. "Lord High Protector! We are detecting unauthorized entry, possibly a Toa."Omega stood. "Scanning. Analyzing. Completion. Send transmission to bogey. No response indicates hostile automatically."---Alpha Trion had called his inner circle. "So Senturon is absent. Nonetheless, we must take action."Beast Prime cut in. "Is now the time that we alert the public?"Alpha slammed his hand on the table. "Absolutely not! It will cause mass alarm! Keretao's perfect order must be preserved! We cannot--"Zeltroth burst through the doors. "Lord Trion! Hostile Toa approaching!"Beast Prime once again cut in, with more force in his voice. "Keretao's order has already been breached! What are you thinking, Trion!?"Zeltroth pulled out his spiked flail. "We must engage immediately! Civilians are in danger!"Alpha took the flail and shoved it back into Zeltroth's wrist compartment. "This is no time for warmongering! Keretao cannot be invaded by doubt! There is no--" At that, a large explosion shook Kaon, which registered on Trion's Alert Suva. "CLEAR OUT!" All but Beast Prime and Zeltroth left."What is the meaning of this?!" The son of Nominus Prime immediately rushed to the Alert Suva. "Kaon is under attack!"Zeltroth ran out. "If you will not take action, then I will!"---Senturon lost sight of their target. "Land on Keretao's satellite islet!" Slicax brought them down. "Where is the target?""Wherever it is headed, it is now in the hands of Omega Supreme. There is nothing more we can do as of now."A hooded figure approached the duo from behind. Slicax noticed him and whirled around. "ASSASSIN! He immediately created a vacuum around their opponent's head."GAAK! WHAT THE--RELEASE ME!" but none of this could be heard, for his head was engulfed in vacuum. He immediately shot a Tox-En Zamor at Slicax, breaking his concentration. "How dare ya' fools attack me! Prepare for remote systems override!" He punched Slicax in the face, then pulled out a battleaxe and knocked him into the water. Senturon drew his sword and shield, then shot flames at his opponent. "YAARR! NO ONE ATTACKS THE SOLDIERS OF KERETAO! STATE YOUR BUSINESS!" He slashed the hood off. "Seeker...?""BEHOLD THE GLORY OF JETIAN!" Jetian put away his weapons. "I come only with good tidings! Your manservant attacked me! No one does that and lives!" "SILENCE!" Senturon sheathed his weapons. "I am Vice Trion Senturon of Keretao. State your business immediately or be destroyed."---No sooner had Zeltroth left the chamber than he had met with a large warhammer. He flew back in through the doorway, knocked Beast Prime off his feet, and flew through the wall. "No..I cannot be..defeated...so...easily!" To his great dismay when he discovered it, he was, by a door hurled at him."Silence, fool!" A Toa of Gravity with an oddly shaped Kadin stood before them. "If your warrior is so easily knocked unconscious...you have no hope against the might of the Heralds!"Alpha Trion drew his sword. "Heralds? I see only one of you!""And it is after you witness the might of Cyclonus that you will weep at the thought of more!" Cyclonus made Trion fall through the many floors of Prime Tower, and jumped down after him, slowing his fall with reduced gravity. Alpha Trion shot lightning up from his sword at Cyclonus, who glowed purple and was unaffected."You cannot match the power of Dark Energon!"Beast Prime jumped in after Cyclonus and used his Mask of Growth. He deployed his combat claws and slammed them into the intruder's shoulders, then forced him out of the tower. Alpha Trion slammed his sword into the wall, and as he returned to normal gravity, he climbed back up. Blasting his way through the wall, he followed after Cyclonus. "Come on! We must destroy him!"Beast Prime followed. "My son Lio is at Kaon. I have a personal reason to help."---Jetian sat down, and Senturon soon followed. Jetian stated his purpose in coming rather abruptly. "There's more to you than meets the eye.""I know. Though I am a governing Toa, I know the value of the art of war. I surpass even my one superior, Alpha Trion.""No, Senturon. You are a Pyro.""A what?" The ancient language had been long forgotten. Their names were all in the common tongue, aside from a few. Only a few knew the translations of their names, and used them. For example, Senturon was, in the common language, Sentinel, as were Zeltroth and Slicax, when translated, Megatron and Starscream, respectively. Jetian grumbled. "Aaargh, I knew I shoulda' gotten used ta' the new language....You are a Prime."Senturon realized the connection. "You speak the language of the ancients.""And you are named in it. How is it that you do not?""I looked through the Timekeeper's Hall for that translation..." Senturon then fell into deep thought. "Are you absolutely sure?"Jetian sighed. "WOULD I HAVE GONE TO THE TROUBLE OF FINDIN' YA IF I WASN'T!""Enough shouting, then! I, Senturon Pyro, must return to my people!" Senturon realized that being a Pyro technically made him fit to lead. So that was why he was so good at both leading and fighting! That was the source of his glory. But then came the catch. "Are my brothers...Pyros?"Jetian shook his head. "Zeltroth is adopted. Orion, however...he's destined for great things."Senturon saw smoke rising up from Keretao, the approximate positions of Kaon and Iacon. "I must return and reveal the good news. I now have the authority to tell my people the truth of the Dark Energon...and to lead them to victory! I accept my duty!" Senturon had always dreamed of such a revelation, and now that dream was realized. He wholeheartedly accepted his heritage. He knew there was a reason why he had so outclassed all those he knew and ascended to Vice Trion. It was his right to win battles in the name of his people!Jetian pulled out the Sacred Kualsi. "I want you to have this. It can take you anywhere, and other beings. You don't even have to wear it."Senturon took it. "My thanks, faithful one! Now, to purge Keretao of its corruption and begin a new golden age!" He pressed down on the Sacred Kualsi and appeared in Kaon.---Omega Supreme rushed to Trion's aid. "Omega Supreme on-site. Status: Optimal. Target: Cyclonus. Objective: Destroy." He pulled out his War Drill and Tractor Claw. Pulling Cyclonus from Alpha Trion with his tractor claw, he began to drill the powerful Toa.Alpha looked at Beast Prime, who had fallen on the ground. "Prime...can you get up? I must fight the invader!"Beast Prime got up. That was answer enough."Good! You must rush to the Timekeeper's Hall and activate Vector Sigma! It is a resource of knowledge beyond any!""You know that has never been accomplished, Trion!""I also know that only a Prime can do it! Please, one last time, try!" He charged at Cyclonus, who had just decreased Omega Supreme's gravity and sent him flying through the skies. "Die, infidel! In the name of Primus, FALL!" He slammed his sword on Cyclonus and electrocuted him.Superion flew in. "Lord Trion! Zeltroth sent me for aid! I just dropped him at the medical facility! Ratchet's tending to him now!""Get Omega Supreme back down here safely!" Cyclonus's concentration had once again been broken, and the Lord High Protector was now falling to his death.Superion activated his Kadin and flew after him. "Don't worry, sir! I'm coming!"Cyclonus switched his Kadin for an Olmak. "Out from the glory of the Chaos-Bringer's own tainted world, I summon Trypticon!" He shot Alpha Trion with a Cosmic Rust Zamor.Alpha Trion fell to the ground, but wrenched a piece of metal loose and smashed the Olmak. "It's too late, Trion!" Cyclonus put his Kadin back on and swung his mace at the Cybertronian leader. "Trypticon has already come!"---Tyger Pax seemed to be the only place unaffected by the chaos, but even there, people were clearing out."Move! Move!" Orion led the other Matoran, data clerks and scientists, out of the city. "The tranquility here is soon to be noticed!" An armada of bird-mounted Toa of various elements flew above, shooting at random areas. One finally fired a shot at Tyger Pax's heart."Orion! How did you know?!"The now experienced clerk thought for a moment. "Call it a hunch. I have no particular skill in such matters. Move! Keep going! Do not stop for anything other than those you wish to save!" ---Beast Prime burst out of the Timekeeper's Hall, shooting poison needles at Cyclonus. "Trion! Vector Sigma is impossible to activate!"Cyclonus knew how false that was. "Vector Sigma is a threat to the Chaos-Bringer! IT MUST BE DESTROYED!" He pulled out his Gravity Blast Rod and shot Beast Prime, focusing gravity on him and making him fall through the ground to the base of Keretao. He then did the same to the entire Timekeeper's Hall. "How dare you defile..." Trion stabbed Cyclonus in the shoulder. Cyclonus turned to him and hurled him into the Hall. "Such heroic nonsense."Alpha Trion could not escape the gravity. He watched as the ground crumbled around him, the Hall was mangled, the records were lost. Books and papers, pictures and decorations, all falling around him. The building sunk into the ground. The floor, the handiwork of Alchemist and Solus together, crumbled from the force of Dark Energon."None shall stand, all shall fall!" Cyclonus spat. "FOR THE GLORY OF..."And Trion heard, felt, and saw no more.Senturon charged in, followed by a more or less rejuvenated Zeltroth. "YAARRR!" He shot from his Blast Rod repeatedly at Cyclonus, setting him ablaze. Zeltroth slammed his hands together and let his wrist compartments slide past them, combining into a weapon that channeled his Skakdi elemental power, and shot at the ground beneath Cyclonus, turning it to lava. The Herald fell through, trying to cling on. His fingers were denied by Senturon with his sword. "Who are you, chaos-bringer?""I am not the Chaos Bringer.."Zeltroth roared at him. "WHO ARE YOU?!""The first of many. Hail Unicron." And Cyclonus fell into the lava, melting to the last.

Pk57sNJ.jpg

Chapter 6: AscensionSenturon activated the Sacred Kualsi, appearing at the top of Prime Tower. "Do you see now, Zeltroth? I told you this is how I appeared here!""Understood." Zeltroth turned around. "I will assist Omega Supreme against Trypticon! Use the Transmission Suva to warn the Cybertronians! Gather the militia! Marshal the troops!""Very well. There's one more thing I need to tell you. I am a Prime! In future, do not issue me commands!" Senturon turned to the Suva. "All Cybertronians within range!" Thousands of scaled down holograms appeared. "Exclude Unicronians!" More than a few disappeared. "What...?"---Zeltroth, meanwhile, was shaken. "I AM A PRIME, TRYPTICON! IN THE NAME OF KERETAO, BEGONE!" He pulled out his flail, climbed up Trypticon's back, and hit him in the eye.Omega Supreme followed by activating his Pakari and punching Trypticon in the face multiple times with his Flame Gauntlets. "Status: Enflamed. Warning: Avoid Fists. Target of message: Zeltroth."Zeltroth jumped out of the way, but he nearly fell. Catching himself on Trypticon's back spike, he heard the crushing words of Senturon in response to his boast."I am sorry, Zeltroth! You are no Prime! You were adopted!"Zeltroth proceeded to activate the flamethrowers on his arms and burn the massive Earth Titan, Trypticon. "DIE! LET YOUR BLOOD RAIN UPON YOUR MASTER, AS A SPIT TO HIS FACE!" He fell into rage and knew no longer what he did, taking out his anger at Senturon's revelation on his foe.Trypticon roared. "Cybertronian! Ha! You cannot defeat the might of Unicron!" He spat a wall of earth, shielding his face, then deployed a sword from his wrist and stabbed Omega Supreme. "Lord High Protector...it is time you met the Lord High Destroyer!"---Orion jumped onto a Core Slug. "What? These are subsurface-dwelling Rahi. Dark Energon is polluting their home!"Que jumped onto another. "Don't they live under tha' sea floor, and not our floor?""Yes. That is why we are in danger." Orion called to the fleeing crowd. "Everyone, mount these slugs and retreat to Iacon! Their electrical antennae can act as self defense!" As an Armada Toa flew nearby, Orion shot it with the antennae as an example. "Hurry!"Roadbuster, Orion's old rival and now a Toa, jumped in. "Oy! Who died and made you Prime, Orion?" He shot from his shoulder-mounted crystal disk launchers at the charging Armada. "I'll distract them! Get outta here, all of ya!"The Data Clerks and Scientists left, as Kup, now an officer ranking above Roadbuster, led a few Toa in to fight off the invaders. "All right, rookies! Ready to prove yerselves? HEY, YOU! DON'T GO RUNNIN' OFF LIKE THAT, YOU'LL--"---Senturon composed his message. He sighed at what the multiple disappearances of holograms meant. "All Cybertronians! Prepare for war! Our leaders have withheld the truth! But know that I, Senturon Pyro, your former Vice Trion, have assumed emergency command! I will lead us to victory! Our attackers are heralds of Unicron, who dwells within the Island of Doom. He is the darkness purged from Primus, the Dark Energon. Oh, yes, it is very real, and as dangerous as our legends say! Be ready! Regroup in Iacon and Kaon, depending on which half of Keretao you are on! Rise to the challenge! Many more enemies are coming, as my Transmission Suva has made known to me! But fear not! We fight for life and freedom...for freedom is the right of all sentient beings!"Trypticon flipped Omega Supreme over him, slamming him into his back and hitting Zeltroth. Following that, he hurled the Lord High Protector into the Hall of Canisters. "You thought you could defeat ME, Servant of Primus?! GAH!" He manipulated the ground, sending the Iacon Defense Tertiary Armory flying at Omega Supreme. The massive Fire Toa flew back from the force of explosions and metal, falling into the Dark Energon infesting the sea.---Slicax crawled back onto the sattelite island. He had been lucky enough to fall into pure water, but it had reacted with the Tox-En. His death had been prevented. "What the...what's going on? Senturon?" He flew up to get a better view. He was alone. Being unconscious earlier, he had also missed Senturon's transmission."Wait..." His voice had changed! He flew over to Keretao. "It's burning!" He looked down at the water, hoping he hadn't fallen into Dark Energon. "WHAT?!" He didn't recognize himself. "WHA--MY BEAUTIFUL BODY!" He fell into the water, his concentration broken. "HOW DID THIS--" Then he remembered. The Tox-En. "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" Panicked, he flew toward Keretao again--to find a cure, uncaring of the chaos. Unfortunately for him, that was not to be."Lock on target and fire Kanoka." Multiple Weaken Kanoka were fired from another group, and Slicax fell down on the coast of Keretao. Whatever chance he had now of reversing the effects was gone, as by the time he awakened, it would be too late.Scourge led his troops on. "Hail Unicron." ---Senturon spotted the evacuees from Tyger Pax. "Orion! Orion!"Orion raised his hand. "I received your transmission!" He tried not to think on what Senturon being both his brother and a Prime meant. "Here are the peaceful citizens of Tyger Pax! Their courage is great!""As is yours, for leading them here.""It was not difficult. I had Toa backup. Thank Kup and his troops.""Actually, Orion, there is a reason you were able to lead them to--A barrage of Weaken Kanoka toppled Prime Tower. Senturon teleported, using the Sacred Kualsi, down to the ground. "Orion, look out! Run!"Orion had learned long ago not to run when he could make a difference. "No, brother! Direct me and I will help! Citizens of Tyger Pax, run to the bunkers!" Orion shot lightning from his Slug's antennae at the approaching enemies, but missed.Senturon pulled out his Blast Rod and shot the leader, burning his jetpack and forcing him to fall. "Find your dominant eye, Orion, and then shoot!"Dominanant--what? But Senturon was teaching him! He had to pay attention. "How, brother?" Orion attempted to shoot again and missed."Try to put the antennae where you see the enemies, then close each eye! Whichever eye sees the antennae closer to the enemy--"Scourge shot a magnetic repulsion blast from his Blast Rod, sending Senturon flying. "Sweeps, descend and decimate! For the glory of Unicron!"But Orion had heard enough, and tried it, then shot. He hit Scourge himself! "What...?"The Sweeps landed and fired Teleport Kanoka at all the slugs, sending them into the Dark Energon waters. Senturon had dropped the Sacred Kualsi, and it rolled down a dip in the road. "Arrhh..." He drew his sword and shield, putting away his Blast Rod. "Come at me, Scourge! Coward! Your name is fitting!"Scourge put away his Blast Rod and extended his Blade Hooks from his wrists, while drawing a battleaxe and a shield. "But yours is not. You lack the fortitude to be a Sentinel!" The two leaders charged at each other, viciously fighting to kill.---Trypticon had kicked Zeltroth away long ago and was now rampaging through Iacon. Many brave soldiers rushed to battle, but none were strong enough. However, his senses didn't register beings as small as Matoran. Namely, Orion Pax, who was now climbing his back. Zeltroth awakened. "What...Primes...Trypticon..." He couldn't see Trypticon anymore. Sweeps were at war with many Cybertronians. Ratchet, followed by a group of rather creepy medics wearing Trynas and Idens, was attempting to prevent the death toll from climbing. And Senturon was in a duel to the death.Slicax flew in. "First Lieutentant Zeltroth, I believe--""What have they done to you?!""I don't know...Senturon didn't stop it."Zeltroth sighed. "Senturon has dealt his fair share of disappointments this day. I suppose we should help him.""Actually, there happens to be a giant rampaging monster that we should probably knock over. I'll fly your there, First Lieu--""You may address me now as Lord High Protector. Omega Supreme has fallen in battle." His tone was a bit too forceful. At least that much of a rank, I may have..."Yes, Lord Zeltroth. Shall I take you there?""Yes." Zeltroth got on Slicax's back, too preoccupied with his thoughts to be revolted at the Air Commander's disgusting new shape. But he tried to focus on the task at hand. Keretao had to be saved.Senturon wrenched his sword free of the hook and blocked the axe with his shield. "Your swordplay is amateur at best.""You have not seen my best, defecation of Primus." Scourge brought his hook around Senturon's shield and pulled it down, then hacked repeatedly with his battleaxe.Senturon whirled his sword back and forth, batting the axe aside until he got his sword in the curve of the axe and managed to push it away. "You dare insult the lineage of the Primes?! To do so is one thing, but to do so after threatening my people is unforgivable!""Good, for I plan to show you no forgiveness either." Scourge pulled out his Blast Rod in replacement for his axe and shot Senturon's shield, magnetizing it to his face.Senturon yelled, but he stabbed the ground and turned it to molten rock and metal beneath Scourge's feet. "Checkmate.""Stalemate, fool." Scourge repelled himself from the molten metal, but it required immense concentration, preventing attack. Senturon, on the other hand, had a shield on his face. "No. If not checkmate, then a dangerous check." He pulled out his Blast Rod with his shield hand, as he now had his shield suspended on his face anyway, then shot Scourge."Check averted." The Sweeps shot Senturon from behind, but he flew into Scourge, and they both fell down a ditch. Scourge's concentration was broken, and Senturon's shield detached from his face. ---Orion climbed onto Trypticon's head. He pulled out an empty portable data log. It would have to do. After all, the giant beast's eyes were a plain target from his position.Trypticon roared, sending a mass earthquake by channeling his power through his roar. Buildings fell, explosions raged, and the ground shook even beneath his own feet."AAARGH!!" That was a fatal mistake.Trypticon heard the Matoran above him. "Who dares defile the flesh of mighty Trypticon?!" He reached up to grab Orion...and kill him. "MEET YOUR END WITH DIGNITY, SCRAPLET!"

Pk57sNJ.jpg

Chapter 7: PotentialSenturon punched Scourge in the face. "You are a Scourge upon the earth!"Angered, Scourge stole a jetpack from one the Sweeps and flew up. "I am no longer upon the earth! I have ascended!" He shot Weaken Kanoka at Senturon.Senturon pulled a piece of metal up from the ground and blocked with it, causing it to fall apart. He manipulated the fire on Scourge's jetpack and made it explode, forcing the Herald to slam through a building. "Only in your mind, dark one."Scourge magnetized the building to Senturon with multiple Blast Rod shots. "In a moment, you will HAVE NO MIND!"Senturon stole a Kanoka from the fallen Sweep his master had robbed, and shot it at the falling building. It crumbled with Scourge in it, and he fell to the ground. "Your attack was mindless."Scourge burst out of the rubble and swung his hooks at Senturon from each side. Senturon ducked and stabbed at him, and he jumped back. "Senturon Pyro, it will take more than that to destroy a true Herald!""As it will take more to destroy a true Pyro!" They continued to fight.---Zeltroth flew in on Slicax, shooting repeatedly at Trypticon's hand until he shook it off. "Orion!" Orion stabbed the portable data log, rather resembling a flash drive, into Trypticon's eye, then jumped on Slicax."Ow! Too much weight!" Slicax tilted a bit.Zeltroth growled. "Stop your whining! We must get to better ground and stop this menace NOW!"Slicax landed on a nearby building and dropped the duo off. "I'll keep it here!"Orion watched. "My attack failed! What do I do?"Zeltroth combined his hands into a cannon again. "You wait here and stay behind me." The new Lord High Protector shot at Trypticon. "Get him to turn his head so I can burn through the hole in his eye!"Slicax flew around Trypticon, trying to saw him and pull him, but to no avail. He was batted aside with a hand. "AUGH! If I just had my old body back, I could--""Gah!" Zeltroth shot at Trypticon, but he couldn't set him on fire, as he would simply generate dirt to smother the flames. "Should we help Slicax?" Orion asked."There is no time for that! And stay DOWN! This is my fight!"---Shohu formed twin swords, activated his Pakari, and cleaved through several Sweeps. "Oy! Commander Kup! Do you believe all that Karz Senturon is spouting about being a Prime?""Just fight, Captain Shohu.""My name doesn't translate to Ironhide for nothing, Commander." Shohu changed his swords into spikes maces and started splitting skulls. "They just keep coming!"Roadbuster laughed. "Ya gettin tired, old coots? Keep firin', ya wee ninnies!"Topspin and Leadfoot arrived, shooting plasma and poison needles at several incoming Sweeps before they could reach the rest. "Well, Leadfoot, that bought us sum tyme!""Yah! Three tymes the power, Roadbuster!" Leadfoot called out to their group's leader.Shohu facepalmed. "I thought they were in different units."Kup would have facepalmed, but he was busy magnetizing Sweeps to each other. "More like three times the blabbering. They were, but they've been together since high programming!"Overlord and Shockwave fought back to back, a rather awkward sight when Overlord was 40 feet tall. However, Shockwave thought it was logical, and Overlord honestly didn't mind.Shockwave shoved his spear through various Sweeps, making something of a kebab. "They are commanded by Scourge. Someone should reinforce Senturon."Overlord stomped many more, and forced them to shoot themselves with his control of iron. "Yes. Do you believe he is a Prime?""It does not matter. At this moment, only victory is relevant, and so we must help him.""Go, then. I don't care." Overlord kicked aside Sweeps. "I am more than capable."Shockwave ran off. He made a note to himself to buy one of those Transport Kualsis for the sake of speed, though he did have a sadistic enjoyment of the fighting he would have to go through. "Raaaaaah!"---Jetian surveyed the battle from the skies, but did not join for fear of being noticed. That is, until he saw the Sacred Kualsi in a ditch. "Argh." He flew down.A squad of sweeps flew in to intercept him."Aw, Karz. Oh well. BEHOLD THE GLORY OF JETIAN!" He started cutting them and swinging them around with his battleaxe, then got on one and deactivated his Kadin. The Sweep couldn't support his weight and fell down with him sitting on it. "OW! I knew I shouldn'ta done that..." He hobbled over to the mask and picked it up. "This must end up in the hands of Orion...gah. What was I thinking? I shoulda kept a closer eye on it...that Senturon lost it!" He flew off before more Sweeps could find him.---Orion saw a Sweep flying by. "Zeltroth! Shoot it and take its jetpack!"Zeltroth growled. "I have the fight experience, Orion. I have to STAY ON TARGET!" Orion sighed. "But it could be useful!" He ran off."Listen to me--GAH!" He turned to Trypticon and hurled his flail at his neck, hoping to get it embedded in there somewhere. Instead, it bounced off, and he had lost his close-range weapon. Orion climbed down the building and kicked the window down, then ran in. He managed to find a Disk Launcher, and climbed back out. As more Sweeps came in, he shot Teleport Kanoka at their jetpacks. They appeared next to him and Zeltroth. "There!" He put on a jetpack and kept the disk launcher. "Where are the Kanoka stores?"Zeltroth ignored him and hurled the jetpacks at the Sweeps, blowing them up. "What?!""Slicax! Get up! Get me on Trypticon!""Lord High Protector, are you INSANE?! That would be--""DO IT!" Zeltroth got on Slicax, then jumped onto Trypticon's shoulder and shot him point blank in the head.Trypticon turned his head and roared, the sheer soundwave being enough to knock him off his feet."Ow...Argh..."Orion approached the cowardly Air Commander. "Just tell me where the Kanoka are!""Bah...whatever! They're in the square building down there!" Orion flew off. "Help my brother!"Slicax laughed. "He seems to be doing all right."Zeltroth was knocked to the ground, only managing to slow his fall by clawing onto Trypticon's leg. He picked up his flail. "SLICAX! GET ME BACK UP THERE!"Trypticon was once again rampaging, but his quakes could not affect the brave Matoran who flew to a small building. He reached out to grab him.Orion shot a Teleport Kanoka at Trypticon, but it wasn't powerful enough to get something that big. The hand was only stopped from grabbing him. "Just a mile more..."---Senturon formed a box of fire around Scourge and shrunk it. "You only fight to destroy, that is why you are weak!"Scourge ran through the flames and magnetized Senturon to his fist, punching him and setting him on fire. "You only fight for the weak, that is why you lose!"Senturon stabbed him in the stomach. "And you only lose." Scourge coughed blood. "There is...another...and he will destroy space itself." ---Jetian flew over to Trypticon. "Stand aside, pawns and knaves! Now lemme show you how we brought the pain in my day!" He flew around Trypticon, distracting him and allowing Zeltroth to get to his sensitive areas.Zeltroth slammed his flail into said areas and pulled out what he could, tearing them apart. "DIE!"Trypticon roared and nearly fell over. Jetian called out to Zeltroth. "Where is Orion, adopted brother of the Pyros?"Zeltroth growled. Why always Orion?! "He fled the battle on a jetpack!""What?" That didn't sound right. Jetian stuck around, as he knew he would return. ---Kup saw Hot Rod charge in and take down all the Sweeps left in the area. "Turbo-revvin young punk! You stole my bloody kill!"Hot Rod laughed. "Try to keep up, then! There are more down in Metrotitan!" He ran off."At least he did something useful."---Down in Metrotitan, Dino assassinated several Sweeps. He found an Armada Toa and electrocuted him. "I thought they were gone!"Sweeps flew in and stabbed various Matoran, then left. One Matoran ran off. "Help!"Dino sighed. "Matoran..." He followed the Matoran to save him and any friends he might have. "Those a-reinforcements better get here soon...I didn't know I'd be babysitting."---Orion landed in the Kanoka building and searched for the one he needed. "I wonder where the Sweeps are getting all their ammo..."A Sweep came around the corner and spotted him. "Come here, little Matoran..."Orion ran off. "Argh! This is how!" He flew away, trying not to knock anything over.---Shockwave arrived at the scene, too late. "You've won.""No, Shockwave..." Senturon replied. "I have not won. Not while the greater threat still looms in the distance. All I have done is killed a foe."Shockwave shook his head. "The threat has decreased by that much, then.""Let's go rescue the survivors.""It is logical to do so." They went in the direction of Metrotitan, to meet up with their forces.---Trypticon had reached his goal. The Energon production facility. "RAAAAH! ALL THIS MUST BE RECTIFIED!""Rectified?!" Zeltroth climbed onto Trypticon's head. "YOU must be rectified! The only acceptable condition for you...is permanent dysfunction!" He swung his flail...And Trypticon bit it, then swallowed it, with his dinosaur-like jaws. "Fool!" He knocked Zeltroth off.It was not Slicax, but Jetian who caught him. "Now tell me where Orion really is.""Argh. What does it matter? He's in the Kanoka building?"As Orion fled from the Sweep, Jetfire flew toward him, setting Zeltroth on Slicax.---Dino was hit by so many Sweeps that he fell, unconscious.Hot Rod arrived and stole one of their Kanoka launchers, then fired, shrinking them to the size of Matoran. "How do you like it now?" The Wrecking Gang, as Roadbuster, Topspin, and Leadfoot were called, then enjoyed chasing them around."Come on already, let's get outta here and save more lives, while those man-children have their fun.""Hey, that does look fun--" Hot Rod was pulled away by Shohu, and they rushed down to Tyger Pax, to prevent the city from being destroyed entirely.---Jetian flew toward the Kanoka Building. "Just one mile more..."Orion kept trying to avoid both the shelves and the Sweep trying to murder him. "It's so difficult not to knock anything over!""Come, little Matoran. It'll all be over soon!" The Sweep, not wanting to damage the ammo, also avoided the shelves. "Your pathetic way of thinking is all so foolish!" He cackled. "You should learn to fight!"Orion flew up, grabbing a supply of disks. "Perhaps you are correct on both counts." He shot one Weaken Kanoka at the roof, then kicked over some shelves and flew out, easily crashing through the roof.The Sweep fired after him, but missed. "WHAT?!" The shelves, loaded with various Kanoka, started to collide and crash.Orion flew out to the sight of Zeltroth and Slicax unconscious. Jetian tossed him the Sacred Kualsi, and he flew on to Trypticon.Behind Orion, the Kanoka reacted together and exploded, doing an infinite number of things to the sadistic Sweep, and finally destroying him entirely, with no body left behind.---Senturon arrived to find the Wrecking Gang victorious. "Where are the others?"Roadbuster laughed. "They didn't join in tha' fun. They're off to Tyger Pax."Senturon lead Shockwave on. "Come on then. Let's save the records of the Data Clerks, in service of your precious logic, friend."Shockwave remained silent and followed. To be a friend for now was logical.---Kup reached Tyger Pax to see that the Sweeps and Armada Toa had all grouped up here. "They're trying to destroy our knowledge!"Shohu shook his head. "They'll have to descend to the lower levels for that."Hot Rod, as always, charged in first, trying to burn them. "Then let's kill these things while it can help to do so!"Shohu, for once, agreed. "Right. Come on, Unicronian punks." He jumped with enhanced strength, landing on the largest Armada Toa, and started trying to pound him into submission.---Orion pulled up in front of Trypticon. "Stop this mindless destruction, please!""Never. The power plant must be enhanced with Dark Energon." Trypticon clawed into his arm, cutting it, and Dark Energon running through his veins escaped. However, it would have to fall into the main reactor to accomplish his goal."Stop! What you are doing could snuff the spark of Primus!""That is my goal!"The innocent Matoran sighed. "Then this is the inevitable conclusion of your flawed philosophy. I have no choice but to destroy you."Trypticon laughed. "And how do you plan to do that, little one?""It's ironic that you should say that." Orion dumped his entire supply of Level Six Shrink Kanoka in Trypticon's mouth. Trypticon roared. A chain reaction affected him from head to toe. "NOOOOO! YOU...CAN'T!" He knocked Orion to a building before he could no longer move, destroying the jetpack and knocking him unconscious. It was too late for him, as his muscles seized up and he lost his greatest asset.---Senturon and Shockwave shot at the remaining Armada Toa and killed them.Shockwave charged into the Data Level. "I will guard here. Pray that I do not have to fire.""I will do more than pray, friend." Senturon attacked the Sweeps. "Kup! Where is Hot Rod?"Kup shook his head. "The young fool just charged right in! I have no idea!"Senturon ran off to find him. "Hold the line! I have a plan!"Kup stood back to back with Shohu. "Think you can keep the collateral damage to a minimum?""Just don't let me into the Data Level..." Shohu smirked and used the metal in the ground and surface buildings to choke, smash, stab, and crush Sweeps. "The last of their army is gathered here, no doubt.""And any superweapons they have?""Yes. There was a--" Shohu looked in the distance. "I can't see that thing."---Trypticon attempted to rampage, but could not, for he was now the size of a Cybertronian Skakdi. Zeltroth woke up. "Argh...what...the..." He saw Orion. "How dare you attack my weak brother, you fool!" He looked up, and to his surprise found nothing. "What..."Trypticon angrily punched Zeltroth from behind. "LOOK WHAT YOUR WEAK BROTHER HAS DONE!"Zeltroth wasn't sure whether to be proud or jealous, as he tackled his foe and rolled down a hill with him. "NOW YOU CAN FINALLY FALL!"---Senturon had Superion lure Sweeps into a building, then burned down the building. To his surprise, he found Hot Rod behind it. "I've been looking for you, boy!" He smiled."Heh. I was about to do that."Senturon approached Hot Rod and whispered into his ear. He formed a fireball.Hot Rod put his fire into the ball and expanded it. Together, they charged it up, then used the energy within. The ball expanded and deformed, turning into a blast that they used on all the Sweeps. Finally, the army of Unicron was turned into molten flesh and metal."They're scrapped, Prime!""You are more than a worthy warrior, Hot Rod. I sense you have potential. Now, we must return to Iacon! There are no more armies to slaughter the innocent!"---Zeltroth repeatedly shot flames at Trypticon, who blocked with earthen walls. "You still cannot defeat me, Protector!""Know me as your destroyer, spawn of Dark Energon!" Zeltroth charged at Trypticon, punching him into the power plant."You utter FOOL!" Trypticon laughed as he threw up an earth wall to keep himself from being disturbed as he began his dark deed.Zeltroth charged at the wall, but could not break it. "RAAH! GAAH! BOW BEFORE ME! I STAND ALONG PRIMES AS AN EQUAL WITHOUT THEIR HERITAGE! FEEL MY POWER AND FALL!" He tried to burn it, smash it, cut it, and everything else in between, but his rage and helplessness only grew.Orion stirred at the noise. "Zeltroth..needs...my help..." He stood. "All right then...." He shot a Weaken Kanoka at the wall, and Zeltroth broke through it. He followed after him.Trypticon dodged Zeltroth and slammed him into a subreactor, which blew up and hurled him away. Orion avoided his body. "Whoa! How dare you hurt my family!" Trypticon laughed. "In moments I will hurt all of Keretao!"At this Orion could take no more. He charged at Trypticon. "I should KILL you for what you've done!""AS IF YOU CAN! NO SHRINK DISK COULD REDUCE ME TO YOUR STATURE, PUNY MATORAN!"Orion charged, but was thrown at a subreactor. He pushed himself to the side to avoid it. He pulled out his disk launcher.A hand of earth took the launcher and hurled it into the subreactor, blowing it up. "You are a fool!""Insults show fear! No matter how tall you are, you will always be measured by what you do! And what you do...will return to you." Orion pulled out his disk. He aimed and focused, preparing to throw. His last disk. A level 1 Teleportation disk. But it would be enough. He hurled it."PITIFUL, SENTIMENTAL--" And what Trypticon did, at that moment, had quite literally returned to him. He was teleported into a subreactor and incinerated within it, a fitting punishment for throwing Zeltroth into one and attempting to do so to Orion.Orion walked out, to find that a crowd was gathered outside. Senturon stared, with no emotion on his face. As the reactor exploded due to being infiltrated by a being, the crowd broke into applause. Orion fainted from exhaustion, speaking no words of victory. ---Orion woke up in Ratchet's medical room. The Sacred Kualsi, the last possession he had with him after the fight, was next to his bed. Zeltroth was standing there with an eerie look in his eyes. "Zeltroth..." He thought of what he had done, and of what Senturon said. "Am I...a Prime?"Zeltroth was silent for quite a while. "No, Orion. We are both adopted."

Pk57sNJ.jpg

Chapter 8: ApocalypseA day had passed. In the time between the battle and the current hour, a combination of powers and technology had been used to rebuild Keretao. Senturon had rejected the title of Trion, as for the first time, a true Prime had re-emerged. He was only known as the Supreme Commander of all Cybertronians, a rank that, surprisingly, did not corrupt him."In the past twenty-six hours, fellow Cybertronians, we were attacked by the forces of Unicron. These Heralds, and their armies, the Armada and the Sweeps, ravaged Keretao and blasphemed against Primus. As they have failed, we have reason to believe Unicron will send more of his forces in a full-scale attack. We will need a defense team. Under the command of Lord High Protector Zeltroth, the Cybertronian Defense Forces will take an equal position next to those unable to fight. For we need an analysis team. And thus, under the guidance of Orion Pax, who has proven himself worthy in both strategy and combat, restricted only by the fact that he is a Matoran, the Science Division will maintain non-combat affairs and sustain Keretao, while analyzing anything captured or taken from the enemy."Shohu stood up to Senturon on the stage. "And what will we do if you are wrong?""I am a Prime. It will be my responsibility to protect you.""I'll hold you to that." Shohu stepped down.Orion and Zeltroth walked onstage, having received the transmission from the hospital."Am I truly ready for such responsibility?""Orion..." Senturon got down on one knee. "You saved all of Keretao from the infection of Dark Energon, and those of Iacon from certain destruction."Zeltroth nodded. "Yes...he did. I helped, as he will admit.""Zeltroth did most of the work.""But not all of it, my young apprentice." Senturon got back up. "All Cybertronians will answer to these two, who will report back to me." He left the stage for Pyro Tower, the new structure in honor and service of the island's leader.Orion walked to the podium--and climbed up on it. "I may not be a great hero...or even a novice Toa...but I will do my best. We should, er, begin our work. The first step is to spy on the Island of Doom, because it is believed that Unicron dwells within its core."Zeltroth was next. "ALL ABLE TO FIGHT, STEP FORWARD! TODAY, WE FIGHT FOR HONOR, DUTY, AND LIFE! CYBERTRONIANS SUPREME!" A crowd rushed forward, and Zeltroth marched off. "MARK TIME--MARCH!" With great enthusiasm, the Cybertronian Defense Forces left Orion and the rest."Brave, strong men. All right...let's not keep the rest of the island waiting. They're counting on us all." Orion pulled out the Sacred Kualsi and teleported them all to Tyger Pax.Senturon watched all of Iacon from above. Unicron stood no chance. He took out a model of Pyras's legendary weapons and some Protosteel. "I am a Prime, and I say this to you, Primus. If you can hear me...light our darkest hour." He began to forge a new shield and a new sword.Primus may have been silent, but he watched from beyond. This was the one moment, the one Golden Age, that all Cybertronians would truly be united.---To send more forces would be foolish. No...the Heralds were useless. The Island of Doom shook more and more, Dark Energon spreading into the seas. And when it had all been ejected...My own essence penetrates life, and life penetrates it. Let life come to me.The Dark Energon suddenly retracted back into the island, and every crack and crevice in it glowed with the foul power.Let death come to them.---Ratchet ran to Orion. He looked down at his small commander. "Sir! The Dark Energon has receded! Unicron has given up!""No...what we witnessed was only a prelude. This only means we shall soon see the main event."Zeltroth witnessed the same. "Watch, my noble warriors, as our enemy grows weak."Bonecrusher growled. "Let's hit him when he's down!""What's Senturon doing?" Ultra Magnus asked.Brawl laughed. "Who cares? Let's go on the offensive!"Dervian approached Zeltroth. "What will I do?""You'll stay here and guard the island with Cliffjumper, Prowl, Ultra Magnus, Leo, Shohu, Kahua, Hot Rod, the Wrecking Gang, Springer, Kup, Bulkhead, Arcee, Chromia, Elita-1, Jetian, and all your...associates. None of you are fit for offense!" He half considered putting Barricade on the list, but decided against it.Kup sighed. "Yep. He's pickin' the crazy ones."Soundwave laughed, a low and creepy sound. "He is picking those prepared to kill for the glory of Keretao."Senturon continued to forge his weapons, unaware. "Let every threat to Keretao be killed."---Hours later, Que detected quakes. "Wot is this? I thought the Dark Energon had receded!"Ratchet checked the measurements. "Orion was right.Senturon looked from his tower. His weapons were forged, but what good would that be when the Island of Doom began to rise up from its very place in the ground? "No...Primus help me...my heritage is not enough."Slicax walked into Zeltroth's quarters. "Lord High Protector! Our enemies are mobilizing!"Zeltroth growled. "Let them come. Are they sending a larger army?""Er, no. It's actually...smaller.""What? They think us so weak?!" Zeltroth pounded the table."No, sir! Rather, they think us so strong that they must--erhm, he must--""HE?! They send a warrior with no backup! Ha!""LORD ZELTROTH, WE'RE ALL GOING TO DIE IF WE DON'T--"Zeltroth punched Slicax in the gut. "CALM YOURSELF, YOU GASEOUS SYCOPHANT! WHY WOULD YOU POSSIBLY BE--"Slicax gasped for breath. "THE ISLAND IS MOVING!""WHAT?!" Zeltroth pulled Slicax up. "Do you think me a FOOL?!"Soundwave burst into the room. "Lord Zeltroth, the Island of Doom has taken flight--"A boulder of dirt and plants crashed through the roof."Marshal the troops." Zeltroth ran and grabbed Slicax. "You're with me! And no whimpering, or you'll cease to function!"Orion rushed to the scene. "Analyze the tremors. I have reason to believe that the writing on this seismograph, if converted to a sound file...." Dark Energon surged, knocking out the power on some machines. "Argh. Switch to manual controls!"Outside, the lights of Keretao were lit, as the sun seemed to give no more light.---There shalt not be reprieve. The ground of the Island of Doom quaked.There shalt not be order. The very tectonic plate shook and unleashed spikes.They must give release.The spikes forced the bottom of the island to crumble.They must give power.The island itself seemed to crumble. Massive as it was, it began to lose mass, shrinking closer to the size of Keretao.None shall stand, all fall.Dark Energon blasted away dirt and vegetation, hurling it at KeretaoLet the Chaos begin.The Dark Energon itself was fired at Keretao, from an island that seemed to defy gravity.Let there be darkness.And there was darkness. The sun was blocked out.The Creed of Unicron.The island, now made from metal alone, began to expand and shift.---And so it was that these things came to pass together. All of Cybertron prepared for the final, glorious battle against Unicron.Senturon stepped forth from the doors of Pyro Tower. "ALL CYBERTRONIANS!" The Transmission Suva relayed his message, and both the Science Division and the Defense Force came together, divided down the middle, in front of their leader. "Orion, report on your findings.""What you are all about to hear may be...disturbing. I have analyzed the quakes, and their readings on the seismograph, if changed to sound waves rather than force waves, are a message from our foes. Or, as it would seem...foe." He began to read from his paper."There shalt not be reprieve. There shalt not be order. They must give release. They must give power. None shall stand...all shall fall. Let the Chaos begin. Let there be darkness..."At that moment, everyone was astounded. Even Zeltroth gazed with a look of fear and courage, oddly combined. Defiantly, he saw the darkness looming over them.Orion took in a deep breath. "The Creed of Unicron."At that moment, the island of Doom approached--quite literally, as it was now more flat, and had turbines beneath it. A rumble that could be felt down to the gut emerged from its cracks, as did a dark haze.Senturon realized what was happening. "Everyone, be ready!"Zeltroth transformed his hand into a flamethrower. "Soldiers, be ready!"Orion evacuated the Science Division. "All of you, down here! You will be safe! I must return to the surface to make on-the-spot analysis!"Ratchet shook his head. "I'm with you. Doing that, you're going to need a medic more than anyone.""Thank you, old friend. I also have this, so we should be fine." He pulled out the Sacred Kualsi and teleported the masses into the depths of Tyger Pax. "Don't worry. I can use it on us as well."Senturon drew his newly forged weapons and channeled his elemental power into them. "I believe you have all heard the Legend of Primus and Keretao?"Zeltroth growled and fired on the island, to no avail. "What of it?!""The same happens this day...in reverse.""Wha...?" Zeltroth stared. Then it hit him. The island of doom was transforming.Slicax cowered, holding his Blast Rod up. "Erhm...Lord Zeltroth....that wouldn't happen to be..exactly...like Primus, would it?""And why would it not be?!""Erhm..."The island took form. The haze around it lifted, and Dark Energon glowed from it. And thus it stood...the size of Keretao. "I...am Unicron." The first thing to be crushed was Pyro Tower. It was then that the colossal entity laid his first foot on Keretao...and then his next. The island trembled, quite literally."SEND ALL TOA OF WATER TO THE COASTS!"Chromia led a squad to stop the flooding. "Keretao is sinking under his weight!"Jetian appeared in the sky and flew at Unicron, only to be shot with a blast of plasma from the dark titan's mouth. He narrowly avoided it, but he fell simply from the heat of proximity.Orion teleported him safely to the ground. "Jetian!"Jetian opened his eyes, surprised to be alive. "Truly...you are worthy."Orion pointed at Senturon, who was blocking potshots from Unicron's feet using his shield, while trying to set the immense being on fire. It failed, but he was undeterred. "No, friend. My brother is worthy."Jetian laughed. "A proud, strong warrior. That is the ideal guardian...but not the ideal leader."Orion shook his head. "He is the last of the Primes."Jetian coughed. "Well, who gave ya THAT load of Driller droppings?! Surely he wouldn't sink so low as to say THAT!"Unicron took a step. "Begone, insects. It shall be over in moments."Overlord, Superion, Metroplex, and Stratosphere stopped the foot."We could use some help here!"Unicron shot them all out of the way, and his next step crushed hundreds of buildings and soldiers.Zeltroth climbed up Unicron's leg. "This is just the same as before! I have fought your kind before, Unicron!"Unicron took no notice of Zeltroth, and continued to rain fire down upon the Cybertronians.Jetian grabbed Orion and flew. "Orion, the truth is--"Orion pulled out an Energon capsule he had been studying. "Wait! Zeltroth was never able to handle Trypticon! He cannot--""PRIME, LISTEN TO ME!""Prime?" Orion jumped off and used a Teleport disk to get to Zeltroth. "Here, fit this onto your gun!""GET OUT OF HERE! YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO BE STUDYING!""In a way, brother, I am."It was then that Jetian realized it. Zeltroth was jealous of his brothers.Zeltroth fitted it and fired at Unicron, surprisingly dealing some damage. Unicron put his foot back before stepping on anything. "DEFENSE FORCES! I, YOUR PROTECTOR, HAVE DISCOVERED THAT AS DARK ENERGON POISONS US, ENERGON POISONS UNICRON! FIT ALL YOUR WEAPONS WITH ENERGON!"Senturon pulled out an entire vat of Energon, had Metroplex throw it up at Unicron's stomach, and shot it. It exploded, the volatile substance that it was, and burned him."The urination of Primus! How dare you...""Urination?! It is our creator's lifeblood!" Orion jumped back to Jetian. "What is wrong, Seeker?""Zeltroth was jealous! He told you that you weren't a Prime, didn't he?""What? You...don't suggest...that our Lord High Protector would speak falsehoods?"Jetian figured out how to talk to the young Matoran. "Argh...Orion, he was jealous. Just forgive him."The prospect of forgiveness made it far easier to accept. "I will speak to him when this is over.""It will never be over...unless..." Jetian took the Sacred Kualsi and teleported them to safety."What have you done?! I must help my brothers!""There's a reason I gave this to Senturon. He lost it, so now the duty falls to you. It's clear you were better at protecting things.""What...?""This isn't just a convenient taxi ride. There's far more."---Senturon switched his mask for a Kadin. "Flight is the key to hitting his weak spots. All able to fly, follow me!"Zeltroth cut himself, pouring Energon onto his flail, and then slamming it into Unicron, gaining a handhold. "Blackout! Get me a Sweep Jetpack!" He hung on, taking potshots at Unicron's face, but they collided with his dense shoulder armor and failed."Every step I take is a quake, every breath a cyclone! You stand no chance!" Unicron leaned down and forced his hand into Iacon's Reactor Center's basement. Avoiding the Energon, he pulled up the chunk of land and dropped it. The ensuing explosion was chaotic, but he levitated above it all."AAAARGH!" Zeltroth was unable to hang on, and fell back, but was caught by Thundercracker. "Get me to a higher level."With shocking speed, Unicron whirled around, destroying all of Iacon with his feet and tearing apart the air forces with his hands. Thundercracker was knocked into the ocean, and Zeltroth fell. Slicax caught him."Here's your jetpack!""You're late." Zeltroth put it on and began to fly.Senturon artfully dodged the attacks. "You have no finesse! You are sloppy and chaotic!"Unicron laughed, a sound that literally drove a few to madness. A large Toa of Air, in fact, formed six split personalities simply from the sound. "You will soon find that chaos has no bounds, and that is why it shall always consume all...in the end." Unicron used his power of Chaos on Senturon, throwing his Fire powers out of control. Senturon set himself on fire and fell, managing to stab his energon-enhanced Primax Blade into Unicron's leg and force the fire into the wound. "YAAAR!" He fell again, but from a much lesser distance, and managed to activate his Kadin before he could fall.Brawl took temporary command of the ground forces. "Let's kill this thing!"Bonecrusher hurled Energon cubes at Unicron's foot, effectively bombing the Chaos-Bringer. "THE BIGGER THEY ARE...THE MORE I CAN SMASH!"---Jetian handed the Sacred Kualsi back to Orion. "You want proof that you are a Pyro? Open it."Orion pulled on the edges of the mask. "I...can't.""YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG, FOR PRIMUS' SAKE!" Jetian took it and pulled on the mouthpiece, while holding the top.Orion took it back and did the same. "What...?" A blue glow emerged. "Is this...the Matrix of Leadership?""Only if you wish it to be so.""What...does this mean? Please, Jetian. I cannot accomplish any task of consequence entirely alone."Jetian sighed. "It is a key...""But the Matrix was lost.""And that is your quest. To find it again.""I accept this task, but I must know what to do. Surely I will not find it under my bed, or in my drawers.""That is the Key to Vector Sigma. There is only one thing other than the Matrix that holds the collective power and wisdom of the Primes, and that is the Great Record.""Vector Sigma was lost. Senturon told me so while we were rebuilding.""Surely he told you how.""It fell into Keretao's core.""Then that is where you must go." Jetian walked away and disappeared.Orion stood there for a moment, taking it all in. "I am no Prime...but if the Key chose me...then so be it. I, Orion Pax, accept this task." The key fully emerged from the Sacred Kualsi, and he took it. Without the Key to Vector Sigma, the Kualsi was powerless, and he dropped it. "The time has come..." He thought for a moment. "To roll out." Orion began his trek back to Iacon.---Unicron reversed the gravity on Keretao's Sattelite Islands and caused them to crash on Kaon and Tyger Pax. Whole generations of data and knowledge were lost.Hot Rod and Kup charged into Tyger Pax. "We've got to get them out!"Kup shook his head. "Wait, it's suicidal! We need to call help and stop the city from--"Hot Rod ran away and started grabbing people, his Kakama aiding him in the task."Turbo-revvin--ah, screw it." Kup used magnetic repulsion to keep the roof from collapsing. "Aaa...aaaaargh!"---Senturon flew to Zeltroth. "Brother, we must get to his head!""You're not my brother.""Then, friend, at least unite in defense of your home! Our home!""I agree." Zeltroth put aside his jealousy. "What do you have planned?""Get all your Skakdi. I will hold off Unicron. You know what to do."Zeltroth growled. "Right. It will not be easy.""My task will be no more so." Senturon flew up, attempting to set fire to Unicron. But the chill of his Dark Energon would always extinguish it. Unicron took no notice, instead conjuring a massive sword.Zeltroth flew down, grabbing Orgath, Blackout, Grindorak, and just about every other Skakdi he could find. "Rally to me, those of Skakdi blood! This day, we prove that we are equals to Toa!"Senturon blocked the sword with his, but it was no use. "HE'S GOING TO STAB THE ISLAND! PRIMUS WILL BE KILLED!"Zeltroth gathered his troops. Senturon was feet from the island, about to die with it. "PRIME!"Senturon remembered. "I...am...a...Prime! For honor, duty, life, and freedom!""You are free to die.""Freedom is the right of all sentient beings! BY PRIMUS!" Senturon gathered energy. If this wouldn't work, nothing would."Should we attack, Lord Zeltroth?" Orgath watched, emotionless."Wait. We must time it correctly."---Hot Rod had evacuated half of the scientists. "Kup! Help me!"Kup, exhausted from using so much elemental power, collapsed. "I...can't!""Come on! You've got to!"Kup managed to stand. "Well, Karz if I die this way. I already sound like an old man...might as well live to be one!" He charged up the last of his magnetic energy. "Aaaarrrrghh...."Hot Rod was knocked out by flying debris."Kid..you'd better show some respect after this...YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!" The entire upper level of Tyger Pax was blown to the sky, repelled by magnetic power, and so the remaining evacuees got out, thanks to Kup's Nova Blast.---Orion put the key in his back and ran out, finding himself in the outskirts of Iacon. "How do I get to the core...?"Unicron unleashed jackhammers in his feet, literally sending the city flying up to the skies in pieces. Only the bare ground remained, and a long chasm.Orion realized what he needed. "I need a jetpack!" All the jetpacks, however, had been destroyed. "Wait..." He found Senturon's old blade, buried in the dirt. "This will be needed..."Senturon finished. "IT IS TIME!"Zeltroth focused his power with all the Skakdi. "In conjunction..."The two voices yelled as one. "FIRE!" And so it was that the first, the only, under threat of death, Skakdi Protodermis Seal was formed. Combined with Senturon's Nova Blast, it became not a seal, which would be broken easily by the Chaos Bringer, but a blast. Together, they guided it, and it flew up, growing."Unity warrants entropy, insects." Unicron shot from his eyes at the blast, but that only made it larger and more dangerous. His sword was blasted out of his hand, and just as Senturon fell, unconscious...Unicron's own blade hit him in the face. The first true blow against him had been completed.And Orion began stabbing into the crevice, journeying alone and in secret to the core of Keretao. As his choice to do it this way, no matter what may have dwelled below, had also left Unicron unaware of his journey...that true blow would not be the last.

Edited by TNG Prime

Pk57sNJ.jpg

Chapter 9: PrimeUnicron pulled the massive sword from his face, causing a chunk of it to fall to the ground.Zeltroth shot at the chunk. "OPEN FIRE!" All the Skakdi he had gathered shot it together, sending it flying into the sea. Zeltroth had a feeling that the visage of Unicron's damaged head would one day return to him.Ratchet charged in, reducing Unicron's gravity so that attacks might be able to make him fall, circumventing the weight that kept him so steady. "All of the Science Division! We must provide support for the Defense Forces!""Finally, a scientist who knows his place." Zeltroth managed to lift Unicron's foot, but the strength of the Chaos-Bringer still outmatched him. "Aaa...aaaarrrrrrghh!"Que approached Ratchet. "I have an idea that might work, but I must get to Metroplex!""Metroplex? Hurry, because soon you'll be needing to evacuate that city.""But no wun lives there!""That's the point." Ratchet ran in to help Zeltroth, increasing the gravity on Unicron's other foot to get Zeltroth free. Unicron's foot sank in. "Permission to release Metroplex?""That's classified!""Don't talk to me about classified.""Orion...""Sir?""Activate the city's defenses. Frenzy!""Yessir." Frenzy arrived, twitching for action.Ratchet handed Frenzy a portable data log. "Get this to Metroplex. You know what to do.""Eet will take twenty minutes!""Good. Que should be already there." "DEFENSE FORCES, ATTACK!" Zeltroth shot between Unicron's legs, but there was no such weak spot on his body. Unicron fired a massive protodermic blast from his wrist.Slicax bombed Unicron in the hole in his head. "Attack! Victory is ours!"To everyone's surprise, Unicron's sunken foot transformed into something resembling an armed fortress."What the..." Zeltroth saw weapons protruding from the ground. "Meet your fate, defecation of Primus."The ground erupted into flames and shrapnel, killing hundreds of soldiers. Zeltroth flew out of the way. "Stay strong, troops! FIRE RELENTLESS!" Dervian moved the chunk of Unicron's head out of the water on a giant air sphere. It took all his elemental power, but it worked. "Use these! His own armor should prove effective against his attacks!"Overlord took a piece and stabbed it into Unicron's leg. "Correct, small one." He then proceeded to try a number of things, such as hammering, pulling, stabbing, slashing, and blasting into holes, using the Unicron shard and his own weaponry. A few turned out to work. Zeltroth separated some pieces into makeshift shields for his troops. "We need reinforcements! Get Magnus to lead the rest of his troops out of their patrolling posts! We need them on the front lines!"Skywarp flew off to do just that. ---Orion descended to the bottom of the tunnel. There was a light. "By Primus..."He followed the light. "Vector...Sigma?"A glowing mass was before him, in the shape of a cube. "What...is this?" He reached out to touch it...And it vanished. The Key to Vector Sigma never glowed once. "By the Allspark...wait..." It may not have been Vector Sigma, but he had just referred to it by name. "May the path of the Primes lead to Vector Sigma." Evidently the tunnel, though only freshly made, had shifted. Vector Sigma had moved, and left its own trail. But moved to where..and by what?Orion had no choice but to follow the tunnel...and find out.---Skywarp appeared out of the ground--under Unicron's foot. "Lord Zeltroth! Some were within a bombarded chamber!""Gah! Defense Forces, send an escort team!"Shohu went there, bending metal out of his way. "I'm leading."Cliffjumper absorbed the flames. "All right, all willing, go up the middle with Shohu and Chromia!" Shohu jumped down Skywarp's tunnel. "Ultra Magnus!""I'm here!" Magnus was trying to quench the flames with ice, which would melt into water upon contact. The water would sometimes swallow some flames. "Get the rest out! Some of the Science Division are still underground!"Shohu moved the shrapnel out of the way. "Hurry! Dino! Sideswipe! Move! Move!"Skywarp flew off. Shohu formed a layer of protosteel to block against Unicron's impending foot. "We're ants to a boot!""That's why you have to go down there!"Chromia pulled a few evacuees out. "I already did."The protosteel gave way. "None shall hide from the might of Unicron." "Who said anything about hiding?!" Barricade, one of the evac squad, made quicksand beneath Unicron's foot. Broken metal under his foot sunk into the dirt.Chromia increased the water content of the quicksand, and Ultra Magnus froze the foot where it was. "For all the good that'll do. Get them up the leg!""All willing to live more than two seconds, follow me!" Shohu led them up. "You ought to be the Lord High Protector, Magnus.""I'm just a soldier."---The tunnels had gone past the dirt permeating Keretao, deep within. Now all that remained was metal of unknown origin. Protosteel itself was paper to this material. It was the same...yet the opposite...of the armor of Unicron. "City of the Primes..."Orion descended further, until the city seemed to disappear. Only smooth, yet detailed tunnels remained. "This escapes...beyond the Iacon Archives. Where does this lead?" For it had become clear that Vector Sigma, no matter how it had fallen, was quite obviously in a condition capable of movement. "And yet...how does it move at all? What brought it here?"---All the troops, even those Zeltroth had sent to patrol duty, were holding the line. Unicron tore through the ground, the sky, and their blasts. "None shall stand in my way." "Ha! While your strength is admirable, I am Lord High Protector! I protect Keretao! It is my DUTY to stand in your way!" Zeltroth flew up and combined his hands into a cannon. "You still fight to destroy! THAT IS WHY YOU LOSE!" He shot into the hole in Unicron's head. His admirable words would one day be twisted.But first, his body. Unicron grabbed him and hurled him to the ground. Zeltroth's jetpack was nothing to the sheer physical strength of one such as Unicron, and he fell through the ground.Ratchet reduced his gravity, keeping him alive, but he was knocked out. "Medical team, we have to prevent further casualties! I estimate that half of Keretao is dead.""And the other..." Shockwave answered while shooting at Unicron's arms in an attempt to weaken his attacks, "is fighting to avoid the same fate. We have a one in ten chance of victory.""I was thinking less.""My calculations are always correct." Shockwave took a fuse from Unicron's head chunk and tossed it up, then shot it. It blew up, sending energy at Unicron's side. "Continue your assault." "I give...the orders...Shockwave." Zeltroth got up on his feet. Frenzy returned. "I found Que at Metroplex. Ee eez releeseeng his own deefanse systam...once ee prepares the biomass fusion.""The what?!" Zeltroth flew up. "What is this babbling?!""I vould call zem..an expereement."---Orion reached a stronger glow. "It's...impossible. But...then again...nothing quite is.""And that is why you are strong, Orion Pax. It is also how you will be more so."But at that, a powerful tremor reached all the way to the chamber. Unicron's power was growing.---Unicron was sending blasts deep within Keretao. Floodwaters, quakes, and an ever-increasing danger grew around and through the island. "It is the end. Soon it will be ready for consumption."Five massive Rahi charged in. And yet...they didn't seem to be Rahi."What...?" Zeltroth paused in surprise."Ay told yu." Frenzy ran off before Unicron's blast would hit him. The impact upon the ground knocked him and Zeltroth out.Que rode on the back of one, and jumped off. "Meet the Dinobots!""Me Grimlock think Kaos Guy ugly!" Grimlock drew his sword and set Unicron on fire.Sludge picked up the wounded and hurled them up to Swoop, who got them to safe places. "Me Sludge follow good way. Strong arms throw!" He tossed more up. Swoop caught the unconscious Zeltroth. "Me Swoop think this one need lose weight." He dropped Zeltroth on a roof and flew in, firing on Unicron.Que got to Ratchet. "I infused Cybertronian corpses, the freshly dead from the attacks, with living Rahi! They're now being in their own right."Senturon woke up. "Then they deserve freedom, and as they shall help us to attain it, so shall we for them!" Senturon added his energy to Grimlock's flame attacks, increasing their power.Slag climbed up Unicron's leg and attacked the back of his knee, aiming to get him to fall. He was quite unaware of the repercussions of Unicron falling on Keretao. "Me Slag SMASH Unicorn!""Me Snarl think his name Unicron.""Me Slag no CARE!" And as Snarl helped him, they managed to get Unicron to fall. "WHOA! HE'S FALLING ON HIS KNEE!" Ratchet decreased his gravity, but Unicron was about to fall on Grimlock and Senturon.---"Who are you...?" But the mysterious voice said no more. Orion simply approached what he knew to be Vector Sigma. "Only a Prime...can open it?" He thought back to his run-in with Jetian. "I present the Key to Vector Sigma, requesting the knowledge of the Primes to defeat Unicron." And the key was sucked into the great supercomputer, known to carry the whole of the wisdom of Primus himself. And for the first time, the great machine opened, revealing a swirling, ringed blue mass of power and wisdom. The key slowly began to grow brighter."Good, Orion Pax. Take with you the knowledge. My knowledge.""Wha...?" Orion realized where he was. "You are...it was you who brought it here?"---A massive being, already injured, rushed in. He had not been seen before, and yet, with the aid of Ratchet's reduced gravity, and the Dinobots, he pushed on the unstable leg of Unicron, sending the titanic monster into the ocean. "Metroplex online."Senturon looked at his masterpiece. "Though the tremors have damaged your armor...your services are needed this day!""I can only remain for about ten minutes. My power is at 30 percent capacity." Metroplex, the massive full robot transformed from a city, fired on Unicron as he got back up."Hold the line!" Senturon yelled, setting the hole in Unicron's head on fire. "If he gets to the other side of the island, all of Keretao will disintegrate!""It will regardless." For at that, even with a burning head, Unicron's entire head opened up. A grotesque, glowing pit of Dark Energon, on fire and damaged in certain places, had transformed out of the rather ordinary-looking face. "I shall consume your island." Chunks of Keretao flew into the massive hole, and with his massive weaponry, he loosened thousands more. ---As the chamber shook, Orion stared at the large metal sphere. "You're...""Primus.""So the legends..they're all true?" There was no response, leading Orion to believe that was correct. "On the surface...then...your own body...""It is being destroyed. My power fades as we speak. The life of Keretao itself is falling.""And yet your essence is here...before me?""It is as you say.""Unicron. He ravages--""Unicron is no mere island, or destroyer. He and I were one.""The Darkness?""I was created by beings I know not. However, as all beings, I had part good and part evil. Granted to me was wisdom enough to know I could not rule an entire race with evil within me. Evil that wanted to destroy all that was not of my own making. And so I purged it. But even darkness must go somewhere. In a neighboring islet, the darkness grew. By the time I had perfected my design and transformation...the Island of Doom had grown to full size and was covered in infested organic material...corrupted by Dark Energon. And so I was pure...but Unicron was pure evil.""And he now seeks to destroy. But why us? Why Keretao? Surely evil within you would not be...masochistic.""Surely not. I know the darkness that once was and now is. Unicron wishes revenge for being banished out of my very being. He shall not rest nor destroy others till I am gone first. And as I am your home and lord...""We are in that same danger. But we owe all we are to you. We shall defend...and we do.""Some would not think so.""What?""But you are the one to aid. I only tell you, beware the other Primes.""Other...Primes?"The Key to Vector Sigma erupted from the supercomputer, and Vector Sigma dissipated."The power now lies within the key..." Orion could tell, and feel the power when he picked it up."No, Orion. The power lies within you. Behold, the New Matrix of Leadership..." The key grew brighter every second. Orion could feel what was coming. "And arise, Optimus Prime."The key floated into Orion and was absorbed into his body. "And...so it is...for it must be." Accepting the fact, after so long, Orion Pax was transformed. The diminutive Matoran who stood beside Toa and Skakdi alike grew. The wisdom of the Primes filled him, tuning his mind to wisdom, power, and the use of both for right. "Some are born with power. For others, it is earned. None on Keretao have done so as much as you."Within the core of Keretao, a towering, powerful Toa of Fire stood. "In the name of freedom, I accept my calling. I shall do as your key has commanded, Primus. For if I do not, I am unworthy of the name...Optimus Prime."

Pk57sNJ.jpg