Breakable Pieces

Indigogeek

The 2007 lime-green pieces broke quite a bit. It annoyed me - I had to buy another Hahli Mahri, which I was going to give to a friend, but I had to use it because I never received my replacement pieces from LEGO. <_<

On the day the wall came down / They threw the locks onto the ground

And with glasses high / We raised a cry / For freedom had arrived

On the day the wall came down / The ship of fools had finally run aground

Promises lit up the night / Like paper doves in flight

I dreamed you had left my side / No warmth, not even pride remained

And even though you needed me / It was clear that I could not do a thing for you

Now life devalues day by day / As friends and neighbors turn away

And there's a change that even with regret / Cannot be undone

Now frontiers shift like desert sands / While nations wash their bloodied hands

Of loyalty, of history / In shades of grey

I woke to the sound of drums / The music played, the morning sun streamed in

I turned and I looked at you / And all but the bitter residues slipped away

slipped away...

The lime green pieces from my 07 sets have cracks in them, but they haven't broken yet. (Probably beause I haven't taken the sets apart since I put them together.) Only one of my sets has had one of its Lego pieces brake, and that was one of the hind legs of one of my Visorak.

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

• 4 weeks later...

The 7M double ball cup, both before the 2008 remold (50898) and after the 2008 remold (61054) used to break quite often for me, starting in 2006. Prior to 2006, very few of my joints broke except for the occasional Bohrok foot.After the 2008 remold, a lot of parts became more brittle for me, including regular Y-joints. I'm not entirely sure why. The new Hero-Factory-style joints introduced starting in 2011 have never so much as fractured for me. Props to the designers who created them.In terms of non-joint BIONICLE pieces, I've never had any problems with breaking.

• 3 weeks later...

shadow matoran bat wings and av-matoran jetpacks, ball joints falling off, axles snappingin half, ALL square joints (in hands, glatorian heads, y-joints), pins snapping in half. Pretty much every sngle type of piece

ALL the 2008 and 2009 pieces.. At the end of any piece where theres a socket for the ball join to go in, that area usually cracks alot..

Add me on 3DS: 0516-7750-0068

Add me on Wii U: Boidoh

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 4: Never Trust a Snake

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 44: Corridor of Elders

Like, Comment, And Subscribe for Nintendo Content - NinBoidoh

I loathed the 2007 lime-green upper-limb parts so much. I had to use some spare Metru gray parts and dark green parts to patch up Ehlek. Surprisingly, Hahli's pieces are still holding out.Ehlek was my favorite Barraki too ;_;

Edited by Akuna Toa of Sonics

Laughing_Man_Icon_by_CoyoteTracks.gif

Does anyone want to play the Master Chief Collection with me? I'm trying to get a team going for ranked. PM for GT.

I have Glatorian and Phantoka/Mistika sitting on shelves in my bedroom. Some of them, If you just touch them to hard, a hand or such will fall of. My tarduk's joints have been totally destroyed. Its sad :(And I never really thought about the lime pieces being fragile, but now that you guys mention it, that is very true.

Everyone always seems to complain about the joint pieces, but I can honestly say they have not broken on me. Of course, I only ever put together the sets once and have yet to take them apart.My problem pieces were usually the tool pieces. In the case of Toa Onewa and Toa Nokama's, they would bend too easily. For others, the + attachment would wear out. Or applies friction would just make them look worn. But other than that, I haven't had any problem pieces.

BZPRPG

Light-colored 2007 Y-joints broke a lot for me. Thankfully I don't use many of them anymore.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

• 2 weeks later...

The remolded nuva hand broke all the time and zesk feet.

"EXTERMINATE"-Dalek #1 to #3458271

If you have a self MOC you would like me to build just PM me and I'll make it as long as I have the pieces.

3DS Friend Code: 4699-6562-6279

Pokemon Y safari: Audino, Dunsparce and Chansey

I've had recently the 3 and 2 length black and blue pins going. I would guess I've been more aggressive with my MOCing techniques, perhaps putting a little more strain on them. But that's most likely down to me, pieces that go without any help would have to be pretty much any parts in Ehlek. Seriously, those lime green joints were ridiculous. Then there's just a lot of ball joints from beyond there that just go. Plastic around that time was just stupidly brittle.

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

Have you seen my Blog? I understand if you haven't

It can't be said enough how horrible the lime green joints of 2007 were. Every single one of mine has broken at some point.Beyond those, I did have some minor problems with 2008 ball joints. From just sitting there. They cracked. Only on Takanuva though... I might have more, but I'm afraid to break them out and look.~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

"He walks among us, but he is not one of us."

I had many problems with the lime green pieces from Hahli Mahri and Ehlek.I also noticed several Metru Hands in my piece box that were broken, but I don't know from which set they came from.

Feel free to let me know about any English mistakes I would have done.

It isn't my native language, and I always do my best when I write to improve!

• 3 weeks later...
I've never seen a Lego piece that could break an Alot. They're rather strong creatures.

Very true.

Practically every single one of those clawed feet from 2008 would break for me. Which is a real shame, because it was a pretty cool piece.

Same here. Even the 2010 dark-bluish-grey ones (from Nektann) have, I think, broken for me. :|

the wings that came with gorast bend too easily

Pretty much everything from Gorast breaks/bends too easily.

:P~:b::i::m_o::m::a::n::c::e::r::~

"YOU'D THINK, FOR BEING A DEAD MAN, I'D BE MORE TRIUMPHANT THAN I AM."