The Green Cloud: A Theory

Recently, I was thinking about the identity of the green cloud that partially comprises the Skakdi Fusion alongside with a Steltian, a Vortixx, a Zyglak, and the five remaining Piraka. Now, it was confirmed a while back that the cloud is not Antidermis, thereby ruling out the possibility of it being Krika, Icarax, a portion of Teridax, or any other Makuta. Logic then leads one to Zaktan, and while that could be it, I personally don't see much value in it being yet another Piraka.But then it hit me.What if the green cloud was the Shadowed One? When last we saw him, he was on Xia, in possession of some Makuta viruses. However, he then mysteriously disappeared; the viruses along with him. Now let's first examine the evidence:1) The cloud is not a Makuta.2) Teridax orchestrated the creation of the Fusion.3) The Fusion is said to contain the mind of "one thought dead."4) The Shadowed One vanished during an earthquake on Xia, which was caused by the fight between Mata Nui and Teridax.5) The vials containing the viruses were also mysteriously emptied.6) In the "Who is/isn't the Great Being?" thread, TSO is ruled out as a possibility, as Greg "had other plans for him."I propose that the Shadowed One was mutated by the viruses (perhaps he was tampering with them, or maybe he came into contact with them when that earthquake hit Xia) into the green cloud, and was then teleported by Teridax to the location of the fusion "ritual." This would account for his disappearance, and it would make sense that Teridax would ensure the presence of all the necessary components. As for being "thought dead," TSO could qualify as no one would have seen him since then, so maybe he's been presumed dead by the Order and the Dark Hunters. Additionally, Teridax may have wanted a way to get rid of TSO in order to pre-emptively quell him, should he choose to resist Teridax's reign.So, what do you think? Plausible? No?

Edited by XyzTheDay!
coolbroban.png
| Sig Credit: - Everclear - |

Definitely plausible. I'm not sure that TSO counts as "thought dead" however. Last seen he was definitely alive and kicking. After he vanished I don't think there was any indication that he died, just moved.Maybe Ancient? He was thought dead and knew about the viruses. I think it was pretty certain he was killed for good though.Also, IIRC the viruses TSO had were prototypes of the ones used to put Mata Nui into his coma. Why would those have the effect of turning TSO into green gas?

If the Kanohi masks are a type of technology and most of the MU citizens are Biomechanical beings then how would a Kanohi mask recognize the difference between a Matoran and a Toa?

Muffin button

It's unlikely that TSO got mutated into a Makuta-like form. I mean, come on, the worst that could happen is that he opens the wrong one and dies. Even if there were some mutation viruses for Rahi creation, TSO would most likely get spikes and claws and fangs and all that stuff, not a complete physiological change.

aouROFb.png

Also, IIRC the viruses TSO had were prototypes of the ones used to put Mata Nui into his coma. Why would those have the effect of turning TSO into green gas?

There's also the virus that destroyed Kojol's armour, and we've no idea what that does to organic tissue.

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

Have you seen my Blog? I understand if you haven't

At first I thought it would be Zaktan, but after reading this, I think you're right.

I personally find it hard to see TSO as the mist, partially for the reason alpha123 stated: He was very much alive before that. Zaktan seems more plausible to me, considering he was assumed to be dead when Terry fried him. It also seems that all the Piraka hated being fish, so it could be that his diving into energized protodermis was either a suicide attempt or the possibility of a better life (with the possibility of legs).

This does seem plausible, at first, I thought the one thought to be dead was teridax (till I realized that teridax died after the fusion along that it wasn't confirmed to be antidermis).TSO is a good theory and a lot of evidence backs up this theory, nice job on your research!

Edited by Zacax

"Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become,"-C.S. Lewis

The viruses are an unknown factor, but they may not be at work in that transformation, if it happened. TSO has the power that turned Zaktan into protodites in the first place - he could have used that power on himself, or Makuta might have acquired it and used it on him.It's possible; it would explain how TSO is still alive, and why Voporak hasn't gotten the Mask of Time to him.

The viruses are an unknown factor, but they may not be at work in that transformation, if it happened. TSO has the power that turned Zaktan into protodites in the first place - he could have used that power on himself, or Makuta might have acquired it and used it on him.It's possible; it would explain how TSO is still alive, and why Voporak hasn't gotten the Mask of Time to him.

No, TSO didn't do anything but threaten Zaktan, Zaktan was always like that, he just never showed it for unknown reasons.

aouROFb.png

No, TSO didn't do anything but threaten Zaktan, Zaktan was always like that, he just never showed it for unknown reasons.
TSO shot Zaktan with disintegrating eyebeams. For unexplained reasons, Zaktan was a mutant even before Spiriah mutated the Skakdi, and therefore was turned into protodites instead of dying.I think this theory would be a good way to bring TSO back into the storyline. Considering all the Vortixx nearby died when he disappeared, I wouldn't be surprised if TSO was changed somehow. Both Zaktan and TSO are awesome, and I would welcome a return from either. This theory does a good job expanding the identity of the Green Cloud to possibilities of characters besides Zaktan.

Read my comedy, about the Hero Factory villains watching a television channel produced by our Spherus Magnan friends!

The Bionicle Channel

"I expect that when I write my next entry in this chronicle, I will be writing as uncontested ruler of the Brotherhood."

-Certainty, my Memoirs of the Dead entry

I think that this theory is possible. I do see one problem with it though. It might not have been possible for the viruses to turn TSO into a gaseous form. However, since we don't really know all of the possible powers of the viruses, it could still be possible.

Edited by The Smoke Monster

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

There's also the virus that destroyed Kojol's armour, and we've no idea what that does to organic tissue.

Hmm, right, I forgot about that. You could maybe stretch that to say it destroyed TSO's armor and turned his organs into gas. Heck, after some of the things we've seen, that wouldn't even be much of a stretch.Then there's the issue of TSO controlling his gaseous form. It took Zaktann a while to get used to being protodites (and I'd imagine it's considerably easier to be protodites than gas), and even Makuta can't really control their antidermis. I don't think TSO would have had the ability to stay together during an earthquake, let alone be capable of controlled flight out of a lake and into a tank. By that point he'd have been gas for what, a few weeks max?

If the Kanohi masks are a type of technology and most of the MU citizens are Biomechanical beings then how would a Kanohi mask recognize the difference between a Matoran and a Toa?

Muffin button

Hmm, right, I forgot about that. You could maybe stretch that to say it destroyed TSO's armor and turned his organs into gas. Heck, after some of the things we've seen, that wouldn't even be much of a stretch.Then there's the issue of TSO controlling his gaseous form. It took Zaktann a while to get used to being protodites (and I'd imagine it's considerably easier to be protodites than gas), and even Makuta can't really control their antidermis. I don't think TSO would have had the ability to stay together during an earthquake, let alone be capable of controlled flight out of a lake and into a tank. By that point he'd have been gas for what, a few weeks max?
If Teridax intended him to be part of the fusion, and teleported him to that area, it's possible he could have manipulated things to keep the gas together, until it could make it into the fusion. Also it wouldn't have to survive the quake, the fusion was formed before it. Edited by Taipu1

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

Have you seen my Blog? I understand if you haven't

No way would TSO be working with Teridax. Remember that he has a deep personal hatred with the Makuta. Zaktan is more likely. The Golden Skakdi has a lot of parallels with Irnakk; look at its conversation with Anonna and its abilities. Zaktan too has a close relationship with Irnakk; he was the one capable of mastering the Skakdi horror.

No way would TSO be working with Teridax. Remember that he has a deep personal hatred with the Makuta. Zaktan is more likely. The Golden Skakdi has a lot of parallels with Irnakk; look at its conversation with Anonna and its abilities. Zaktan too has a close relationship with Irnakk; he was the one capable of mastering the Skakdi horror.

Makuta shoving TSO into a fusion, a character that didn't resemble his old self so much that his old allies would never follow him again, sounds like a good torture to me. And the Gold Fusion =/= Irnakk. That's confirmed.

I don't believe that TSO would ally with Teridax either. However, Makuta was in a position of immense power at the time, so I'm working under the hypothesis that he simply facilitated the creation of the fusion by ensuring that the necessary components would be present when the ritual took place, since he had knowledge of every being's destiny and could presumably designate some on his own like Mata Nui could. Furthermore, it doesn't really seem as though ANY of the components were privy to their fate; they were each taken prisoner and hurled into the tank against their will. If anyone was working with Teridax, it would've been the Skakdi that conducted the ritual, but even then it's outright stated that Teridax was manipulating them.
coolbroban.png
| Sig Credit: - Everclear - |

If Teridax intended him to be part of the fusion, and teleported him to that area, it's possible he could have manipulated things to keep the gas together, until it could make it into the fusion.

I think it's beyond even Teridax's abilities to manipulate arbitrary matter in the MU, especially at such a fine level as holding gas molecules together.

Also it wouldn't have to survive the quake, the fusion was formed before it.

Right. Thanks. My point still stands, sort of. Edited by alpha123

Muffin button

• 2 weeks later...

The only thing I've heard about a non-Makuta gaining shadow powers is Roodaka, who apparently focused for a long time on end. Even if it was TSO, If you mean his form if his armor was destroyed, assuming that he underwent a speedier version of the Makuta metamorphosis that transfered all his energy intoAntidermis, then itcould possibly be him. The cloud could possibly be a somewhat mutated form of kraata, which resembles a cloud of Antidermis, but I have no idea how that would happen. Maybe if TSO or a Makuta scientist were experimenting with kraata or something. If he didn't undergo a metamorphosis, then it could be atransformed versionof him exposed to Makuta viruses. Even then, there are very few, if any, viruses that could transform a being into a Makuta, but a combination may cause a chemical reaction or something of the sort.As Taipu1 says, Teridax may have teleported TSO to that area, but I really doubt that he would. He despises the Shadowed One and all associated with him. If he wanted to make the Skakdi Fusion, then he wouldn't have included one of his worst enemies. He would probably kill TSO with lightning or Rahkshi orsomething that he could control.

Edited by darkslizer

The_Brotherhood_of_Makuta_by_Arzeron.jpg

Comply. Create. Consume.

Given the other known beings that are not Makuta who would currently be floating around in a gas/particle-like form, even if presumed dead, Zaktan and TSO seem to be good guesses, yeah.

Nuparu1995

92% of teens have moved onto rap.

If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature.

320px-0,540,38,392-Batman_memorial.jpg

R.I.P. - 7/20/2012