Rate The Song Above You

5/5 idk what this is but i like it a lot

.."southcore"? Disfear is Swedish crust punk/d-beat.

my bad i got an every time i die vibe from that song and its the only disfear song ive heard so far

blink is so much better these days without tom

and that makes me really sad but its the truth

Edited by Johnny Truant

only in dreams.

I mean they both have their roots in punk/hardcore and it was produced/mixed by Kurt Ballou like ETID's last album, but beyond that I don't hear many similarities myself. don't hear any southern vibes in Disfear at all, just some old-school punk vibes.

2/5 - apt title.

these guys are basically the only good thing to come out of my hometown:

alternate 240p link in case that one is blocked for international users.

well you know thats just like your opinion ok

in any case you cant deny that right now theyre a better band with matt skiba, if tom would stop over-exaggerating his accent and writing AVA songs for blink records itd be different...but he wont so...

anyway 4/5 i like this, nice post hardcore with some blackened vocals

only in dreams.

Classic sound but too long.

3/5 Nice sound but gets a tad repetitive. Dog was barking so it interfered with being able to hear all the lyrics.

Edited by Iaredios the Hip Historian

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light

3.5/5

Oh man, The Band. That's some super-classic roots/folk rock there. Crazy how influential they were. Personally, I never dug their vocals- too shaky-country-ish, but the tune and lyrics are an absolute classic. I much prefer the Woodstock version, however- that would probably get a solid 4 from me.

This one may be a bit long for non-proggers...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1JRcg0-ol2Y&app=desktop

If you found this text, know that Kevin isn't real.

He's a fairy tale to scare children.

30491886943_59e45988bd.jpgKevin. Is. Not. Real.

3.5/5 Was actually planning to give this album a listen at some point, since I've been hearing good things about it. I'm not really feeling the vocals, but everything else is pretty great. Perhaps not overly original for the genre, but definitely executed well. Feeling a bit of a Leprous vibe here and there too, which is nice.

___

8Sxue4J.jpg

___

___

Somewhere in between 3.5/5 and 4/5... 

3.75/5? Can I do that?

Catchy, almost ...pop infused? power metal riffs, some very, very 80s synthwork, and a lot of spacey sounding stuff. Nice, but the power metal elements are a bit generic. Either the mix is not to my tastes or the upload quality is bad, but it sounds muddy. I enjoy the chanting, and the break at 3:18-ish. Feels like a more atmospheric Stratovarius with less technical key-work at times. Vox are good- not much range, but that means he's not grappling with going outside what he can sing comfortably, which is always a good thing.

If you found this text, know that Kevin isn't real.

He's a fairy tale to scare children.

30491886943_59e45988bd.jpgKevin. Is. Not. Real.

4/5 Definitely an enjoyable track. I especially liked the shifts between the different vocal styles for some reason.

Ulver - Nowhere

^ I listened yesterday to that one :D (along with Messe I.X - VI.X)

Noice: also a 4/5 ;p I listen to singersongwriters from time to time, but this is something new ^^

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xeFpS8h0teA

oddly, in the second half, I just pictured matoro diving towards the light in downfall..

Edited by rednas3636

TheSkeletonMan939, Twister92, SPIRIT and Gatanui are awesome for uploading soundtracks and games and stuff.

Video is blocked my country. Yay, I am spared! :D

Here's a little taste of the North-East.

Edited by Iaredios the Hip Historian

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

3.5/5 Sounds like something I would hear in a burn out game. Judging by the pic, I thought it was going to be some sort of communist polka march. Think it would be better if someone else was singing it.

5/5. I spent a lot of the summer of 2015 researching the cultures of Turkic countries outside of Turkey proper. Really hits home. 

Is that why you had Muhammed 'Alp Arslan' Seljuk as your avatar briefly a while ago? And remember, Turkish =/= Turkic. :P  Both are Turks, but different.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6u_3WMPQzdM

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

5/5. I spent a lot of the summer of 2015 researching the cultures of Turkic countries outside of Turkey proper. Really hits home. 

Is that why you had Muhammed 'Alp Arslan' Seljuk as your avatar briefly a while ago? And remember, Turkish =/= Turkic. :P  Both are Turks, but different.

Yep, that's why I was using his picture. He was a pretty cool guy. 

And 5/5. I think this one a lot better than the last. The switching between vocal groups while maintaining the beat with the drums gives it a very powerful vibe. 

bZpOwEr

• 2 weeks later...