Rate The Song Above You

0/5 I liked it when music was nice to listen to

so like do you only post here to be a pretentious le wrong generation twat or

3.5/5 - it's aight, a pretty nice song but a little bit too """adult contemporary""" for my taste. kind of reminded me of some of Collective Soul's ballads though which is nice.

LMAOOOOO THIS FRICKIN' GUY

so like do you only post here to be a pretentious le wrong generation twat or

I am entitled to my own opinion, I believe. I personally can't stand that type of music. Others may disagree, and that's perfectly fine.

Anyhoo,

edit- durr, forgot to rate the song. 1.5/5

Edited by Not Underscore

2xu8Ptu.png

You know what Underscore, please just don't rate my posts anymore, okay? Just wait for someone else to post. I'm bored of your "this is not music" or whatever posts with no actual comment on the music.

Anyway, 3.5/5. Pretty solid song. Not really feeling the chorus too much, but the verses are nice and there's some sweet instrumentation in between.

___

8Sxue4J.jpg

___

___

For the record, I went back and looked at some of my posts in this topic, and none of them really say that metal is not music. I listen to the entirety of every song and do my very best to constructively criticize it, though that may not succeed every time. Metal, in my opinion, is a developed taste and sometimes literally all I am able to get out of it is that it sounds the same to any other metal songs that I've heard. (Someone could easily say the same about my musical taste, as well. I listen to a lot of jazz, which could easily sound boring and not unique to people who don't listen to a lot of it.)

That being said, I apologize to anyone I've offended in this topic. I post in this topic more to see what other people think of the music I listen to, and I will try to be more thoughtful in my ratings as well (or just outright avoid posting at all).

With all that out of the way,

(rating of Queen of Liars's song) 4.5/5 I really like this, believe it or not. The beginning lays down a solid baseline, and the vocalists are pretty good (the second one could be a bit less raspy), and all the instrumental combination at the climax really ties together. I might actually have to listen to more of this.

[edit- ninja'd. rating of Johny Truant's song] 2/5 seems a bit lacking with just instrumental. the melody is ok.

Edited by Not Underscore

2xu8Ptu.png

You have definitely said the 'not music' thing in the past.

It's nothing to do with being offended, people just don't post in this topic to get 0/5s with no actual reason for them. I appreciate that you at least listen to the songs in full, unlike some people.

3.5/5 May have been a 4, but seven minutes starts being a bit long for something this relatively simple. Still a pleasant and relaxing listen though.

___

8Sxue4J.jpg

___

___

Missed that one, I guess =/

In my defense, I don't think I've rated any song 0 and not given any reason for it (with the exception of the one several posts above). I looked back 15 pages just to be sure. If I did though, (again in my defense) I definitely am not the only one who has done that.

2/5 the beginning chords were nice and relaxing. The vocals seemed a little forced. The sudden mood changes were jarring, and the rating would've been higher if they were eased into more.

2xu8Ptu.png

• 2 weeks later...