Rate The Song Above You

2/5 there isn't much dynamic or textural variation, it's just heavy all the way through (except for maybe like 15 seconds around the four-and-a-half minute mark? and even then only a little), and as it's a pretty long song, it kinda succumbs to monotony after a while.

Edited by Junkbot Master of Trash

-------------------------------------
bohrok_lol.jpg
Rate The Song Above You

2/5 I'll be honest, I found this song to just be irritating. The tone, the production on the vocals and just the whole feel of it didn't sit right with me. It doesn't really do anything to really catch my attention even when ignoring that, so I can probably file this under music that just isn't for me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvwXYDw9ahc

Edited by Emilie Autumn

___

8Sxue4J.jpg

___

___

I really dig the texture here -- it's like harsh but without being abrasive or grating? I don't really know how to articulate it. The harmonic structure is also really cool, especially the stuck-record break around the third minute. also some groovy syncopation. 5/5

EDIT: had to give Part 2 a listen as well -- I'm a sucker for songs with multiple movements, and I was not disappointed here :P

bohrok_lol.jpg
Rate The Song Above You

yoooooooooo we're posting jazz now?? lemme get in on this omg yes

hmm not a fan of all the synth. It makes it sound a bit like waiting room music. Its saving grace is that no waiting room music would ever dare to use a chord progression so deliciously weird as the one in the first two verse sections :P it's really a little more funk than it is jazz but I can dig it. Funk is hecka fun to play. 3.5/5

bohrok_lol.jpg
Rate The Song Above You

4/5 really enjoyable, the only complaint i have (and this is just me being really picky) is that theres no variation in the dudes voice, its straight up death growls on the same pitch, the whole time

Stepdad - My Leather, My Fur, My Nails

everything happening here is so excellent that i dont even know what

only in dreams.

Hey, next time could you also give a reason for your rating, like it says you're supposed to in the opening post?

2/5 As far as the actual music goes, this just isn't very interesting or engaging. It's fine as a backdrop for the performance, but doesn't do much by itself.

___

8Sxue4J.jpg

___

___

4/5 Nice and minimal. It's got a chill glitch kind of feel.

Speaking of glitch...

https://soundcloud.com/glaze/ctrl-s

WOW this one is not on YouTube anywhere...

Edited by Toa Vanson

OqAhaVh.gif   qIprtVB.png     

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Bionicle G1 continuation and video-game project(MUSIC COMPOSER)  
special thx to Inary the Gunhaver for my new username. 

Hmmm... I'll have to go with a 3/5. It's got a nice beat, but I'm not certain what to think of the Bleep-synth or the Portal 2 Turret-esque vocals.

And now for something entirely different, in the form of Operatic Symphonic Metal that goes with an Equally Amazing cutscene.

wGF2PMb.png

lof_teaser.png

(I'll do this eventually, I swear...)

My BZPRPG Characters

Corpus Rahkshi Characters: Kol Arsenal Swarm Amalgamation

Skyrise Characters: Zavon

I've heard this band/artist before and I cannot remember where, that's gonna bug me. they do a good job here of switching things up right before it would become monotonous. Love the weird voice at the end, I just wish it had come in a little sooner

4/5

EDIT: switching songs, don't mind me.

I like to think of Glass as an early ambient composer, even if he's technically minimalism

Edited by Jacks

bohrok_lol.jpg
Rate The Song Above You