Rate The Song Above You

My guess is that you heard them on one of those old Adult Swim bumpers. If you look up "Chromakey Dreamcoat", I think that was one of the songs used in the bumpers.

4/5 I like the feeling of the whole thing in general. The part near the middle sounds like the part of a movie soundtrack where it's like "you are THE ONE. Do the thing or the universe will implode."

I think this adult swim used this song too

OqAhaVh.gif   qIprtVB.png     

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Bionicle G1 continuation and video-game project(MUSIC COMPOSER)  
special thx to Inary the Gunhaver for my new username. 

4/5 Nice and upbeat, and I'm digging the retro synth sounds. I prefer instrumentals typically, but I was pleasantly surprised at the vocals. Also, I'm a sucker for little details, so the guitar fill at 2:26 really hit it home.

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Bionicle G1 continuation and video-game project(MUSIC COMPOSER)  

4/5, only because I was expecting it to be instrumental based on the intro and I wasn't a big fan of the singer's vocal stylings anyway

actually +0.5 because I'd probably have been more into it if I weren't on an instrumental kick right now. 4.5/5

-------------------------------------
bohrok_lol.jpg
Rate The Song Above You

4/5 I'm liking the chill organ and guitar chords. It sounds like if Led Zeppelin and this song (https://soundcloud.com/c418/gameselect2) did a collab with a female singer.

NINJA'D: Jacks posted in the time it took me to post.

4.5/5 I like how it goes from a pretty aggressive and funky style to a more chill style near the end.

(prepare for a weird video)

Edited by Toa Vanson

yoooo this is a jam and a half. I love the contrast between the long, laid-back chords and the fast, frenzied beat. The sound of the person in the background counting up and down adds to the sense of urgency. 5.5/5

the beat immediately made me think of this song:

(also I've just realized that, in addition to being packed full of juicy historical references, this other song was probably inspired -- at least aesthetically -- by Boards of Canada. No need to rate this one, though :P)

bohrok_lol.jpg
Rate The Song Above You

4/5 It's repetitive, but in a good way. It's a bit lacking in the diversity section though. It's only 2 or 3 instruments playing at least until the end.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIRZMNV4Evo

It's funny that you should mention that that song is urgent. It's used in this movie scene and I think it works very well: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Vw_ahmm5Ng

3/5 I like the nice combination of simplicity and slight grunginess. It does get a little repetitive though. 

I know this song was on Minecraft Volume Alpha, but I like its original appearance more for some reason. I guess I like the little added on part at the end.

NOTE: Don't dock points for ending abruptly. The album that this is on is one long, continuous song pretty much. Each song flows into the next.

5/5: I love the score to VVVVVV, and this song is no exception. It certainly sounds like the final stretch on a very long, difficult journey. Probably the only song from that game I like more is Positive force.

wGF2PMb.png

lof_teaser.png

(I'll do this eventually, I swear...)

My BZPRPG Characters

Corpus Rahkshi Characters: Kol Arsenal Swarm Amalgamation

Skyrise Characters: Zavon

5/5 "Es gibt ein Haus in neu Berlin, man nennt es Haus Abendrot" It has a nice folky sound and I do speak some German, so I could appreciate it that much more. "There is a house in New Berlin, it is called the House of the Rising Sun" (House Afterglow? Afterglow House? I didn't know that word, so I had to look it up, and it took me a minute to make the connection that the title is the same in both languages)

Edited by Toa Vanson

5/5 - I've been sitting here for five minutes trying to come up with a reason for my rating. it's so much easier to explain why you don't like songs than why you do. I mean, it's Refused, it's a good song. not much else to say, except maybe that I got some Fugazi vibes from it at first.