Rate The Song Above You

5/5 this is part of a very specific subset of music that I never deliberately seek out and only ever encounter very late at night. if it were any other time of day I would not be into it. I also just love long songs that are interesting enough to actually work as long songs and this is one of those

-------------------------------------
bohrok_lol.jpg
Rate The Song Above You

5/5 retro and funky. The vocals are pretty great too. I'm also loving the aesthetic of that music video.

If you've never been confused by the structure of a song before, prepare for a fun time  :P

OqAhaVh.gif   qIprtVB.png     

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Bionicle G1 continuation and video-game project(MUSIC COMPOSER)  
special thx to Inary the Gunhaver for my new username. 

You know, I've never seen The Matrix. Apparently it's one of those must-see movies, like The Sandlot and Star Wars IV.

Anyway, 4/5. It definitely gives off a "cool movie soundtrack" vibe while adding modern elements. Modern for the time, at least  :P . It's aged well and I appreciate that greatly. The docking point is just an issue that I have with most movie soundtracks (unless they're REALLY good), and that's it's repetitive and awkward out of context.

(incoming catchiness  :P )

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Bionicle G1 continuation and video-game project(MUSIC COMPOSER)  

5/5- Easily one of the best tracks on that album. I listen to it often!

Just found this band today while looking for more music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uC_4LgjyJaY

Edited by Evergrey_Toa

evergrey_l01.gif

Other great bands:

Iron Maiden    Journey    Mercenary    The Unguided    Trivium

Boston    Stratovarius    Symphony X    Epica

5/5 - well, that riff is going to be stuck in my head for days. awesome song, probably the best balance of guitar vs. electronics I've heard in a song like this for a while. vocals and lyrics are great as well. only complaint is that he reminds me of Jared Leto's god-awful Joker in that picture.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-keZyMX8t0

3/5 symphonic metal generally is not my thing -- the operatic chanting at the beginning caught my attention, so I was a little disappointed when all the singing wasn't like that. There was so much going on, though, so it held my curiosity all the way through.

4/5 The flugelhorn wasn't to my liking, but man do I love banjo music.

well you get 5/5 for recognizing a flugelhorn when you see one, and bonus for not hesitating at the sight of banjos :lol:

bohrok_lol.jpg
Rate The Song Above You

4/5- It was much cooler than I was anticipating. I really like the style and it's just a well executed song!

Evergrey received an abnormally large amount of praise for this song and music video. The solos will take you by surprise more than likely haha. Also the actual song starts @ 1:43 in the video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZk1dO-OhfQ

Edited by Evergrey_Toa

evergrey_l01.gif

Other great bands:

Iron Maiden    Journey    Mercenary    The Unguided    Trivium

Boston    Stratovarius    Symphony X    Epica

5/5. I love sweeping orchestral pieces, and this is no exception. Despite not being a fan of the Jurassic park series, It's still good enough on it's own.

This might not be as sweeping as the last one, but It's powerful, at least.

wGF2PMb.png

lof_teaser.png

(I'll do this eventually, I swear...)

My BZPRPG Characters

Corpus Rahkshi Characters: Kol Arsenal Swarm Amalgamation

Skyrise Characters: Zavon

4/5 I like the sound, especially the orchestral bits. It doesn't have enough complexity for me to really like it any more, though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAEWwG6ekYE

This is technically two songs in one, but I couldn't find a video with just the first one. Might as well listen all the way through, since the song structures are connected.

4/5 It's catchy, I really like instrumentals and this song delivers with some fun, funky riffs. Nothing too outrageous, nothing too boring :)

Also Com Truise FTW

I just found this song and I looove it <3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2R_mnhK8QY

HOW DO I EMBED VIDEOS HALP Thank you Vanson :3

Edited by Skrade

5/5 someone posted this a couple of days ago, so I'll say something a little different this time :P . It's funky and the vocals are great. Also, it's sort of retro, and retro music is my jam.

A fellow Com Truise fan. My dude. Have a Com Truise remix of another great band.

Videos should embed themselves if you just paste the URL.

Edited by Toa Vanson

5/5 Everything Truise does feels so crisp and fresh. I can understand why he might not be everyone's cup of tea, but MAN is he MINE. I actually got into him from his TRON: Legacy remix. Also I just got into Tycho a couple weeks ago with Dive, it's beautiful.

Haven't heard any other songs by these guys, but I REALLY love this one. It has a fun music video too.

Edited by Skrade

5/5 He's performing at my town on June 21, I'm so EXCITE

But yeah, I can understand it's a weird random pop song, I have a somewhat particular taste in some genres that I can't really describe X)

I'm not really a dubstep-type guy, but I like this remix.

Interesting, I've managed to not post a single Daft Punk song in this thread. That's... weird.

Edited by Skrade

4/5 this is pretty cool. Also, I just think it's kind of funny that this is technically a double time dubstep song at some points. It's pretty catchy and groovy, too.

If you like Truise, you might like Boards of Canada, too. They're not as crunchy and retro, but they're certainly groovy at times.