Rate The Song Above You

• 3 weeks later...

Still not 30 days.

I really love this song. Makes me feel tranquil and peace, but also like floating in space. At around the 3 minute mark, I loved the sound wave tone, and the soft singing melody. But then I started feeling like a sad man. The beginning melody that was heard was gone, and all that was left was the bass melody. 5/5

Momma Sed (Tandimonium Mix) - Puscifer

Edited by Flaredrick: Forgotten One

gallery_110528_107_5250.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

2.5/5 - used to kinda dig these guys for the cheesy 80s novelty factor, but at the end of the day it just feels sort of like boring 80s pop-rock to me. it's not terrible but it's nothing particularly good, either, imo.

"Oblivion" - M83 feat. Susanne Sundfør

(Soundcloud link because iirc those are allowed? apologies if I'm wrong and they aren't)

I'm pretty sure Soundcloud is allowed, and it's actually a great idea using it for this. Makes it a lot easier.

3.5/5 Not usually into this kind of stuff, but enjoyed this song quite a bit, although the vocals seem a bit overproduced at times. The outro was very nice though.

Bullets Ricochet - Skold

(Soundcloud)

___

8Sxue4J.jpg

___

___

4/5 Not entirely sure what to think of the vocals, but it's quite nice.

"Conquest of Paradise" by Vangelis.

~Avatar's original image was made by the incomparable Egophiliac.~

~Electronic Manic Supersonic Bionic Energy~

f9Qcky7.png

~"If I am afraid of criticism, I won't be able to challenge anything new." - BoA~

*nods approvingly* 5/5. The beginning reminded me of one of Enya's songs. Very nice song.

Speaking of Enya... 'Only Time', by Enya.

Also, 5/5 for Peach 00's choice of song. Sarah McLachlan's song 'Angel' reminds me of Mac, one of my cats who, at the age of 2 years, died due to a urinary crystal buildup last year. :( I loved him and I miss him very much. My heart hurts every time I think about it. :crying:

5/5, Only Time is one of those songs that you can't not like. :P

"Improvisation is Magic" by PhillyPu.

~Avatar's original image was made by the incomparable Egophiliac.~

~Electronic Manic Supersonic Bionic Energy~

f9Qcky7.png

~"If I am afraid of criticism, I won't be able to challenge anything new." - BoA~

..have you never heard of rapping before?

2.5/5 - even as a member of the fandom, popular brony musicians just don't do much for me, WoodenToaster included. it's not bad but at the same time it's so similar to nearly everything else he's done - and also to a lot of other music that has existed both before and after him, which seems to be the case for a lot of the especially popular artists in the fandom. just feels kind of average to me.

"Vow" - Garbage

Edited by Ryuujin

2/5 - basic, unimaginative post-grunge that literally sounds like it could've been by a hundred other bands. I'll never understand why this kind of generic cookie-cutter music appeals to so many people. didn't even get halfway through before I felt utterly bored.

"Every Sin (Leaves a Mark)" - Engel

2.5/5 A simple and competent piece, which aims to fulfill a very specific niche. Not much to say beyond that. Don't find it good or bad, just competent at what it intends to do, like hundreds of other pieces that are like it.

Although when I do listen to music more on the 'relaxing' side, I prefer it to have more variation.

Gone Cold - Clutch

Edited by -Malchior-

___

8Sxue4J.jpg

___

___

• 2 weeks later...

3/5. It's ok. I didn't like it as much as Burn It Down, or The Catalyst (off A Thousand Suns). I actually didn't really like the new album. A Thousand suns is my favorite album of Linkin Park's.

"The Morning Son" by Beady Eye

My comics: Kazi's Comics 3.0

My music: T-MG Music

"And now for something completely different."

-- Monty Python

3/5 - I loved the singers voice, which I found to be highly reminiscent of Emi Evans. The song was interesting and the melody itself was quite pleasant and just generally relaxing but unfortunately got just a tad grating with it's repetitive nature. It might definitely be worth a relisten, but I wouldn't call it a favourite.

The Circle - Blackmore's Night

LzcD9OS.png

I wrote stories once. They were okay.