Rate The Song Above You

4/5 A good song, I like how the pace picked up.

Edited by Toa Kayn

9HYoRY7.pngKayn's Thought: My hiatus of Bionicle has ended

I hate this song.

As to your song, I can't say I don't like it, but there's just nothing that pops out as being special. The vocals are fine, the music is slow and soothing, but I just don't feel that there's anything unique about it.

2.5/5 or 3/5.

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

• 1 month later...

2.5/5 - speaking of "not particularly brilliant or unique".. while it's less of a direct post-Green Weezer clone than most of the OK Go I've heard before, it still sounds like something best suited for background music in an iPod commercial. inoffensive, by-the-numbers pop-rock.

I'll have to give it a 2/5. While the intrumental is great with it's warm sounds and thick bass and a great beat to drive it forward, it's also lengthy and monotone. The lyrics are pretty weak and are full of uninspired, unnecessary and generally just awkward choices that aren't remotely effective to convey anything. Delivery seems to be completey disregarded making it even more bland. I had to look up the lyrics to get the message, and it's not interesting either (and inappropiate for BZP).

Oh well.

http://www.youtu.be/pIgZ7gMze7A

Edited by Oroki

banner1.png

• 2 weeks later...

2.75/5. I'm a dang whippersnapper and so I am not entirely fond of these sort of classic 80's songs.... Yet I always enjoy a bouncing rhythm and trumpets are pretty dang cool, so I am really borderline on this rating. Overall, cheesy, yet fun.

(Yeah I know there's a fan opening to it but the song itself is uninterrupted, and I think the opening adds to the experience. It's no different than a music video really.)

Edited by Phoenix Zero

Haven't seen one of these in a long time...

2.5/5 - also sounds like typical gothic metal, although this time I can't say I'm as forgiving as I was before, because it pretty much strips away all of the elements that made the original a unique and enjoyable indie pop song. not awful, just kind of a paint-by-numbers cover where all they really did was replicate the lyrics and melody of someone else's work in a more generic, paint-by-numbers fashion.

Edited by Ryuujin

• 2 weeks later...

3/5. decent, if a bit too repetitive and overlong. I do find it funny that you followed up the criticism "I don't like the lack of a singer" with what is essentially an 8-minute long instrumental.

But the title didn't give any hints as to whether it was the instrumental version or rather it's a song with absolutely no singer

4/5 to Sista Dansen. Song is pretty catchy.

A friend told me of this song, but I'm not sure whether the song is suppose to be some comedic joke or an actual song.

f495fc6cc0a66dd12aa49fce021072a1.gif

2/5 Comedy or not, it didn't sound too great.

Edited by Toa Kayn

4.5/5 - even though I kind of lost interest in their earlier albums a few years back, I really dug the heck out of their self-titled. it was much more mature and adventurous than anything they'd done before, and this is an excellent example of that and one of my favorite tracks off the album.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AeFC-rfQkVk

enjoy the cheesetastic 80s music video

Edited by Ryuujin

4.5/5 Enjoy the cheesetastic I did. Great song, I'll have to listen to more of their stuff.