Rate The Song Above You

4/5 the slow opening works pretty well, and for whatever reason the bizarre combination of industrial and glam works out in its favor. not digging the vocals so much, but i've never loved the style so the fact that i enjoyed this is at all probably a good thing. guitar solos over mechanical backing is pretty awesome, it turns out.The Worst Of Both Worlds - Backtrack

Edited by Idunnolol
nhsYE.jpg

3/5 opening riff is pretty killer, sounds like it came straight from the 80s. this is pure classic metal. unfortunately the vocals have always been my issue with the genre, i just can't dig how cheesy they are. track works pretty well overall, but it's not my style. solo is killer thoughOak Square - Make Do And Mend

nhsYE.jpg

3/5, Not really into the voice, but it feels nice and jester-y."Euphoria" by Loreen.

~Avatar's original image was made by the incomparable Egophiliac.~

~Electronic Manic Supersonic Bionic Energy~

f9Qcky7.png

~"If I am afraid of criticism, I won't be able to challenge anything new." - BoA~

3/5. it's alright, but not my favorite kind of music.House of the rising sun-Animals

War...war never changes.

We crawl, on our knees for you,
under, a sky no longer blue,
we sweat, all day long for you.

But we sow, seeds to see us though,
cause sometimes dreams just don't come true,
we wait, to reap what we are due.

-Rise Against, Re-Education (through Labor)

5/5. i love the guitar the whole song, and the vocals are good to.Whereabouts unknown-Rise Against

War...war never changes.

We crawl, on our knees for you,
under, a sky no longer blue,
we sweat, all day long for you.

But we sow, seeds to see us though,
cause sometimes dreams just don't come true,
we wait, to reap what we are due.

-Rise Against, Re-Education (through Labor)

3.5/5 the main riff is pretty massive, i like it. again with the southern influence, it works well with the song's stomping rhythm. it's too long for it's own good though, should've taken a minute or two off. pretty good thoughDerailed - Joyce Manor

Edited by Idunnolol
nhsYE.jpg

It's Primal Reflecter. That didn't help when looking for it :PAnyway, 1.5/5 Pretty dreadful, although at about 30 seconds in I thought they were gonna break into the Iron Man riff. I think I could sit through the album, but wouldn't want to at all.Bad Place Alone - Alice Cooper

___

8Sxue4J.jpg

___

___

2-3/5 I prefer when vocals have some sort of dynamic qualities.If it's shouting/screaming from beginning to end, it's not innovative. Honestly, I think the melodies are better than the actual vocals, but that's just me. I should add that I'm very picky about music, so ignore my opinion if you want :PPower & Control - Marina & The Diamonds

Edited by No Light

tumblr_n3nqpzvUrQ1qlzuomo1_500.gif

3.5/5, a little more repetitive then I care for, at least for this song, but very catchy and I overall liked it.Gortoz A Ran (Elegia Remix) - Denez Prigent (note that you will not find this in most public places, you can find it on itunes, or amazon mp3, if you don't want to pay money then you can listen to it on Spotify, mog, or rdio, it is worth looking for in my opinion).

Divinator of Dreams.
4hcuu9.jpg
This Is Proud Stigma.

4/5

Very soothing. No offensive elements there at all. The only thing I'll have to be picky about are the male vocals. I'm allergic! Haha no, it's just that I like female vocals a whole lot more. But I like the song and I like that it's in a foreign language, makes you focus only on the soul and atmosphere of the song.

Breath Of Life - Florence + The Machine

Edited by Vespertine

tumblr_n3nqpzvUrQ1qlzuomo1_500.gif

4/5 wasn't really feeling it at first, but at around the 2 minute mark when the industrial beat came in it got more my thing. still not the biggest fan of vocals in this style though. huge soaring vocals aren't my thing. the drum beat actually works pretty well against the orchestral backings. not liking the spoken words stuff either. this sounds like something that could easily back up a movie soundtrack. i didn't mind the length that much either. usually longer songs have to be exceptional to hold my interest.The Behemoth - The Acacia Strain

nhsYE.jpg