Rate The Song Above You

2/5. You wouldn't want me to explain why.

Edited by Chasm

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

I have 2 ratings: Unbiased: 4.2/5. Because it's Justin Bieber, I have a bias and that rating is 0.75/5

I quite love 80's music in addition to the crazy, heavy metal I enjoy. Here's a great song from the 80's :D (I'm actually a 90's kid, but 80's is the best, tbh).

Edited by Evergrey_Toa

evergrey_l01.gif

Other great bands:

Iron Maiden    Journey    Mercenary    The Unguided    Trivium

Boston    Stratovarius    Symphony X    Epica

2.5/5 - not at all a fan of this whole djenty, modern prog/whatever "hey guise look how teknickel we are" sort of thing at all, honestly. it's not terrible music but it's just too soulless and show-offish to me.

also I'm so ready to jump on the 80s music thing. after metal, 80s alternative (including new wave, post-punk, gothic rock, etc.) and pop are the genres I'm most passionate about. I've got an absolute wealth of 80s music to choose from that I've usually shyed away from posting here because almost every time I did in the past, it got written off as "boring" or too "cheesy" or "old". here's one of my favorite songs from my all-time favorite band, The Cure:

Ooh Pokémon music but no lyrics... 3/5

This Cowboy's Hat.

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l:    :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

3/5 It's not a bad song or anything and is a fairly pleasant listen, but it's really not something I'm into.

Also it's kinda funny how the video shows a lot more energy than the song actually has. Makes it seem really off.

3/5

Hey, next time if you could give even a couple of words as a reason for your rating, that'd be great. Kinda says it right there in the opening post of the thread.

___

8Sxue4J.jpg

___

___

3/5 I appreciate atmospheric music, but this just dragged and I didn't really think it went anywhere. And the riff at the end just didn't strike me as a climax. It didn't work.

Evergrey is my favorite metal band, but I'll be honest, Journey is just great. They've always been on my rock radar and this song, while not well known, is super catchy and underrated. I think the band was kinda dumb not to push this song as a radio single because it could've been HUGE!

evergrey_l01.gif

Other great bands:

3.5/5. The song's ridiculous lyrics are made up for with the catchiness and most especially the actual music beneath it lol! This is a good song, but it's quite comical haha.

Whoever listens to this, I apologize in advance for the length, but it's a great song!

evergrey_l01.gif

Other great bands:

2/5. There was something monotonous about it but I couldn't quite put my finger on it. I'm also not really a fan of the spoken bit at the end, but that's just because I dislike those in general, so that's more on principle than based on the merits of the song itself.

-------------------------------------
bohrok_lol.jpg
Rate The Song Above You

4.5/5 Sounds just about like pure punk to me, which I think we need more of. The only reason it doesn't get a 5 is because I thought it could have ended at 2:11 with no detrimeent to the song -- thanks to the coda it overstayed its welcome just a tiny bit.

I really dig their "Capitalism is Organized Crime" poster, though :D

bohrok_lol.jpg
Rate The Song Above You

5/5 I know a good jam when I hear one. It's got the perfect balance (IMO) of melodic vocals and screamed vocals, the guitar solo was unexpected and brilliant, and that drummer has a crazy amount of flair. Metal is not really my cup of tea but I could see myself returning to this track

bohrok_lol.jpg
Rate The Song Above You

4.5/5 Lovin the seamless fusion of synth sounds/beats and the guitars -- it makes the track feel like early Bionicle music that got totally out of control in the best way possible. The only complaint I have is that it's a bit long for what it is and the last minute feels just the slightest bit repetitive. Needs more buildup, essentially

y'all are posting so much crazy awesome stuff today, though. I almost feel guilty for posting more nerdy hipster trash like I always do :P Almost. But this has been stuck in my head for two days now and I gotta spread it around:

bohrok_lol.jpg
Rate The Song Above You

4/5. Very Jazzy.

And speaking of Jazzy songs with "Moon" In the title... (Not sure if I'm allowed to post this here, but I won't let anything stop me from sharing this song with the world!)

wGF2PMb.png

lof_teaser.png

(I'll do this eventually, I swear...)

My BZPRPG Characters

Corpus Rahkshi Characters: Kol Arsenal Swarm Amalgamation

Skyrise Characters: Zavon