Rate The Song Above You

4/5 It's the problem of rating a comedic song again, but the music here is actually really good and the whole thing is quite enjoyable. There's also something about having a small orchestra, two choirs and the whole dace routine for something this silly, which really adds to it.

The comedic tone, the spoken-word vocal delivery and the 'story' actually remind me of this old Alice Cooper song from one of his forgotten early 80's albums. Was gonna post something else, but now you made me think of it, so here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyX2jkKbr0Q

___

8Sxue4J.jpg

___

___

4/5 - alright band, cool song, nice acoustic re-working of it.

5/5 the intro reminded me of Linkin Park, Dragonforce and then Three Days Grace

if you honestly think it sounded anything like those bands, you really need to expand your musical palette. they sound nothing alike.

Edited by Ryuujin
  • Upvote 2

2.5/5? I guess? I'm just kind of ambivalent toward this. it seems like good background music for a video game (which it is, if I understand correctly) but it's not something I enjoy on its own.

@Ehksidian: +1 for digging the Pumpkins, +100 for posting a Machinae Supremacy song. killer band, both their video game soundtrack stuff and their regular stuff.

Edited by Ryuujin

3.5/5- It's not bad, it actually sounds like stuff I listen to, but I think the song drags on just a little too long for the style that it's in. Nice solos, but again, the pop influence in the song calls for it to be shorter.

Speaking of pop, I really like Kelly Clarkson in addition to all the metal I listen to :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SqaIM9JBs9o

evergrey_l01.gif

Other great bands:

Iron Maiden    Journey    Mercenary    The Unguided    Trivium

Boston    Stratovarius    Symphony X    Epica